Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• Darth wrote: »
    Got to love them hyping up they're biggest update ever ALL month & the day it's suppose to come out they delay it for a **** visual glitch that should take 5 secs to fix & then are completely vague & give all they're fans absolutely no type of answer when it will release!!! No time frame what so ever???? Later today?? Friday??? Next week??? 2019??? Thanksgiving????? Everybody that was hyped for this the hype is completely gone & no one cares anymore especially them taking away the daily crystal booster on top of all this!! This is ridiculous

I care, I am excited and I am actually glad they didn't release it yet, gives me more time to prepare.
    But sure, you can flip out as much as you want, to each his own.
  • @CG_Kozispoon, i feel for you... the devs messed up and you are the messenger... not your fault really.
    I am very disapointed by the delay and lack of clear comm though... i had saved up cantina energy for han's release and lost free energy. Since we have no clue when the content update is coming at all i now spent the saved energy... so the loss was for nothing.
    Would be good to have some sort of info, are you guys trying to roll out this week or next?
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's funny how everybody brags about getting everything for free, soloing every raid as f2p, finishing every event without buying packs or gears, being first in their arena shard "full of whales"... And now turns out that everybody was buying crystals regularly. LOL. Now I understand a lot of things.
    But it isn't such a big problem. If you want to keep spending, get other crystal packs. If you don't want to spend, become f2p (this time for real). Being f2p is not so bad, you only need more time to get toons, gears and mods.
    Now seriously, don't worry. They are trying to get a lot of people to buy "before it ends". In a month or two, they'll say "well, because people really misses those crystal packs we are bringing them back. We listen to feedback!". And then, people will rush to buy in case they take it back again.

Lol very true.. when the said "I have never spent a dime" they meant Visa lol
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Totally disappointing. Just give a set date and time as to when the Territory Battles is to begin and stop playing around. The most recent post for calendar events states:
    Hiya Everyone,

Here is a list of upcoming events for the month of September. Cheers!

DISCLAIMER: ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Territory Battles Begins
    Starts: [redacted] UTC- (Same start time for everyone worldwide)
    Notes: requires Rebels, Lightside, Phoenix Squadron

So now the only question is whether the new game mode begins this Friday or next Wednesday. Please give us a set date and time for Territory Battles to begin.
  • @CG_Kozispoon Sorry to at you, Kozispoon, but I think the event calendar might be wrong. It shows there's an Omega Event on the 14th. It doesn't say which Omega battle it is, but more importantly it's only one event and it's on a Thursday. Normally it's two on a weekend.

Could be totally accurate! Buuut it looks unusual. Thanks!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ReyCharles
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I continue to giggle every time someone sincerely thinks they are going to even get an estimated launch time at this point. We will likely never get another estimated launch time for anything going forward.

Honestly why do we even need to know? Haha it'll drop when they have fixed all the problems they somehow didn't catch during supposed testing.
  • Narkosekröte
    171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    There is a Discussion "Territory Battle Debacle" concerning the rage of some players, that has been found its way to the devs and has been responded in a freindly way and closed afterwards.

I like to add one single post to this discussion:

- To all who say devs don´t care: Kozispoon was replying in a very kind way concerning the words of threadstarter before closing it
    - Launching the Update with known issues would have caused rage posts over the issues instead of not launching it
    - Most important thing: I can somehow understand why some players feel some rage, me myself only felt disappointment, but think about the devs themselves:
    I think THEY feel some much more rage or disappointment atm that they could not hold there anticipated timeline, that they are earning a kittenstorm by a lot of guys and last not least: That, if they do not manage to get the thing online within the next 24h this silly old HAAT august joke will become IMMORTAL!

If that should be the case in the end this is much more a armageddon to the devs then to the players, although you might not notice it in your wallet and i am sure there are not few guys/girls at EA/CG, that are cursing the whole day at the moment ;-)
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    #takingbackAugust
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    NicWester wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon Sorry to at you, Kozispoon, but I think the event calendar might be wrong. It shows there's an Omega Event on the 14th. It doesn't say which Omega battle it is, but more importantly it's only one event and it's on a Thursday. Normally it's two on a weekend.

Could be totally accurate! Buuut it looks unusual. Thanks!

I don't mind the @- nabs my attention! Also Hmmmm!
    5a25b2895a7129e1e99e5264a530bb37.gif

It's what's listed on our schedule, but once we get this Version Update business out the door and into y'alls hands, I can give the event Calendar a second look to ensure everything's on the up and up. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • There is just a disconnect between players and devs. Alot of us has spent several thousand dollars on this game, so I'm sure you can understand. However, I agree that Im sure everyone at EA isn't happy with the situation either. Thanks for not releasing if it doesn't work right. P.s. The August joke will never go away haha
  • They had a pre launch party and watched the empire strikes back. Realized that the Rebels did not win, and are reworking territory battles to use empire and dark side toons instead.
  • HA IF ONLY
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Narkosekröte
    171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Have spent a lot of dollars myself - mabe more than you or many other players -...but game isn´t gone and money isn´t gone. i was angry this morning but now...so what ? life, game and update will go on, then one sooner the one later....
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Groovy, thanks!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Only reason why this hate is happening - they leave us with no REAL info for way too long.. It will get only worse as time flow
  • Narkosekröte
    171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    i think it would not be such an earthquake if not the up to now content had been switched to something boring for many of the long term players since a while....people react very angry about destroyed hopes ;-)
  • I posted that, and honestly... I overreacted. I know the devs aren't happy either. So my bad for trippin. I just posted an emotion... and should probably never do that. After all, yeah, it's a game, it goes on, and it's not the most important part of life or even the day.
  • They need a refresh. Put gold gear in there as well as some of the hard node characters
  • I rage quit Dairy Queen because they ran out of the thin mint blizzards one time. I argued and argued for hours with the manager. I still got no thin mint blizzard.
  • TofuMao wrote: »
    ^_^ was just thinking that, unless they force first TB to start on a Thursday 6am and end on Wednesday at 5:59, then, next TB starts a minute after, it's still doable, and on top of that, they could make phase 5-6 of 12 hours as many guilds won't finish it and they'd gain an extra day, so could be launched Friday, we only have to hope, or collect cantina energy ^_^

Who said TB will be every week?
  • Imagine what will happen when they discontinue the game...
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    I just wish Jyn was more often in my guild store

Just wait until you have her at 7*. From this day on, she will show up every day, it's awesome!
  • I spent to dang much lol. I think they should have at least stuck Captain solo in cantina while we were waiting. And I think force Friday in 2 days might be connected to the delay. But I'm glad no pink boxes will be present
  • What is up with the new voting system on the forums? I miss responding with +1 to people's post I agreed with wishing we have an option to vote up people's post :disappointed:
  • Dabro
    10 posts Member
    The new voting system is a way for people to vote on poor memes so they know the distraction tactic is working.
  • Dabro wrote: »
    The new voting system is a way for people to vote on poor memes so they know the distraction tactic is working.

Thats why TB is really delayed lol
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    TofuMao wrote: »
    ^_^ was just thinking that, unless they force first TB to start on a Thursday 6am and end on Wednesday at 5:59, then, next TB starts a minute after, it's still doable, and on top of that, they could make phase 5-6 of 12 hours as many guilds won't finish it and they'd gain an extra day, so could be launched Friday, we only have to hope, or collect cantina energy ^_^

Who said TB will be every week?

Youtubers or Devs I don't remember.
  • You also have to take into consideration the original plan was for TB to start on fridays, so because the community voiced their opinions negatively at that, they had to move up their schedule, so it makes sense that they aren't as ready as they wanted to be.