Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• Neo2551 wrote: »
    TofuMao wrote: »
    ^_^ was just thinking that, unless they force first TB to start on a Thursday 6am and end on Wednesday at 5:59, then, next TB starts a minute after, it's still doable, and on top of that, they could make phase 5-6 of 12 hours as many guilds won't finish it and they'd gain an extra day, so could be launched Friday, we only have to hope, or collect cantina energy ^_^

Who said TB will be every week?

Youtubers or Devs I don't remember.

Found it!

"Territory Battles will happen every week"
    -Ever, No One
  • #allyouraugustarebelongtous
  • i think we would be more understanding if they had their act together. all they have to do is give us fair warning. but they don't. time after time, they spring stuff on us that is unprofessional, so folks react in kind. like my whole guild is hoarding max cantina to farm han, and they don't have the decency to confirm if a release will happen today. that's cold.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Bodi wrote: »
    I posted that, and honestly... I overreacted. I know the devs aren't happy either. So my bad for trippin. I just posted an emotion... and should probably never do that. After all, yeah, it's a game, it goes on, and it's not the most important part of life or even the day.

It's human nature to be emotional, in IRL there's natural stoppers that keeps us from overreacting our emotions, the interweb has none, so short fused people react and sometimes in a harsh way, I've been on since the late 80's before WWW existed, only difference between now and then is basically the amount of people that has access to a game forum, the reactions has been like this from the start and will probably be like that for a long time into the future
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Lol remember when it was called Ground Wars and we were told to farm Veers lol.
  • The problem is not the fact its delayed but rather we have no time frame. A lot of people are saving up cantina energy for Han but we dont know if we are looking at hours, days, weeks for release..
  • Imagine what will happen when they discontinue the game...

I'm thinking something between the plagues of Egypt and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • I lol'd
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    TofuMao wrote: »
    ^_^ was just thinking that, unless they force first TB to start on a Thursday 6am and end on Wednesday at 5:59, then, next TB starts a minute after, it's still doable, and on top of that, they could make phase 5-6 of 12 hours as many guilds won't finish it and they'd gain an extra day, so could be launched Friday, we only have to hope, or collect cantina energy ^_^

Who said TB will be every week?

Youtubers or Devs I don't remember.

Said it would be released periodically, but they were not committing to a schedule
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    What is up with the new voting system on the forums? I miss responding with +1 to people's post I agreed with wishing we have an option to vote up people's post :disappointed:

:joy:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Why do the player base get disgruntled every time there is a delay.

Delays are not done for fun. I would rather delay new content to make sure it is running smoothly and properly to be fully enjoyed as intended, as such I would rather a delayed flight stuck in an airport than suffer a plane crash.

I am sure the Dev team are more upset about any delays than we are - they have put their blood and sweat into this and any new content and would like nothing better that to have it launch on time with no issues - but S**T happens and we all deal with it as mature adults.

As for the "August" throwback - yes it became a popular joke - but it was the same issue there as well. Release content that is not working as intended and cause greater upset, or delay a bit and release content the way it is meant to be and enjoyed by all?

I really do not understand the mindset of the playerbase sometimes, and continue to thank the Dev team for their hard work and public relations about the issue - especially @CG_Kozispoon

We look forward to Territory Battles whenever it is ready and working.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    There is a Discussion "Territory Battle Debacle" concerning the rage of some players, that has been found its way to the devs and has been responded in a freindly way and closed afterwards.

I like to add one single post to this discussion:

- To all who say devs don´t care: Kozispoon was replying in a very kind way concerning the words of threadstarter before closing it
    Kozi is not a dev.
    - Launching the Update with known issues would have caused rage posts over the issues instead of not launching it
    The issue was already in the game and was only a visual bug. We have tons of those already. It's infuriating to be told straight up that visual bugs don't matter and then all of a sudden they're holding back one of the biggest updates ever because of one.
    - Most important thing: I can somehow understand why some players feel some rage, me myself only felt disappointment, but think about the devs themselves:
    I think THEY feel some much more rage or disappointment atm that they could not hold there anticipated timeline, that they are earning a kittenstorm by a lot of guys and last not least: That, if they do not manage to get the thing online within the next 24h this silly old HAAT august joke will become IMMORTAL!

If that should be the case in the end this is much more a armageddon to the devs then to the players, although you might not notice it in your wallet and i am sure there are not few guys/girls at EA/CG, that are cursing the whole day at the moment ;-)

To them this is a job. I imagine they enjoy it. I imagine they don't like when this kind of thing happens. But, from a customer's perspective, it was ridiculous to hold on so much content because of a visual bug. Especially one they had a fix for. All things considered, they should have pushed the content, and then patched the fix on top.
  • Dabro
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Let ahnald's YouTube video be your guide he said it started automatically every Friday about the 1:15 Mark or so
  • Wow there have been a lot of replies lol. Mods must be on a break.
  • Boo wrote: »
    As for the "August" throwback - yes it became a popular joke - but it was the same issue there as well. Release content that is not working as intended and cause greater upset, or delay a bit and release content the way it is meant to be and enjoyed by all?

Don’t want to spread hate here (I am one of the few with patience), but do you remember the AAT launch? It was delayed by 2 months and even then T6 was completely unbalanced! It took guilds weeks to compete a single run.

• Imagine what will happen when they discontinue the game...

I'm thinking something between the plagues of Egypt and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Hehe, this made me laugh. :-)
    I've been in similar games when this happened and it wasn't pretty. Hopefully this game will stay healthy for years, but other Star Wars mobile games (good games, like SW Revolution) have been shut down before without hesitation.
  • Dabro wrote: »
    Let ahnald's YouTube video be your guide he said it started automatically every Friday about the 1:15 Mark or so

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9-DOvXWBQ

Scroll to the 2:45 mark
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    The problem is not the fact its delayed but rather we have no time frame. A lot of people are saving up cantina energy for Han but we dont know if we are looking at hours, days, weeks for release..

Theyre not going to give time frames since the forums blow up when issues come up.
  • DathomirAgency
    220 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    StarSon wrote: »
    There is a Discussion "Territory Battle Debacle" concerning the rage of some players, that has been found its way to the devs and has been responded in a freindly way and closed afterwards.

- To all who say devs don´t care: Kozispoon was replying in a very kind way concerning the words of threadstarter before closing it
    Kozi is not a dev.
    - Launching the Update with known issues would have caused rage posts over the issues instead of not launching it
    The issue was already in the game and was only a visual bug. We have tons of those already. It's infuriating to be told straight up that visual bugs don't matter and then all of a sudden they're holding back one of the biggest updates ever because of one.
    - Most important thing: I can somehow understand why some players feel some rage, me myself only felt disappointment, but think about the devs themselves:
    I think THEY feel some much more rage or disappointment atm that they could not hold there anticipated timeline, that they are earning a kittenstorm by a lot of guys and last not least: That, if they do not manage to get the thing online within the next 24h this silly old HAAT august joke will become IMMORTAL!

If that should be the case in the end this is much more a armageddon to the devs then to the players, although you might not notice it in your wallet and i am sure there are not few guys/girls at EA/CG, that are cursing the whole day at the moment ;-)

To them this is a job. I imagine they enjoy it. I imagine they don't like when this kind of thing happens. But, from a customer's perspective, it was ridiculous to hold on so much content because of a visual bug. Especially one they had a fix for. All things considered, they should have pushed the content, and then patched the fix on top.

@StarSon
    Seriously bruh, if you get "infuriated" over a mobile game update, you need to rethink your life and priorities.
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I think the mods like allowing us to have some autonomy and exercise our opinions. But @Bodi was creeping dangerously close to a riot. Those were ransom demands. Am I frustrated that it got delayed? You bet! I'm checking my phone 3 times an hour hoping the time has come. But these things happen, so I'll certainly get over it because I'm an adult.

In the meantime, let's just consider the source. I for one am not interested in getting riled up by someone with 1 post on the forum, who joined 2 hours ago, and clearly did so only to express some non-constructive criticism.

Some people just need to have a feelings journal rather than an internet connection.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Why do the player base get disgruntled every time there is a delay.

Delays are not done for fun. I would rather delay new content to make sure it is running smoothly and properly to be fully enjoyed as intended, as such I would rather a delayed flight stuck in an airport than suffer a plane crash.

I am sure the Dev team are more upset about any delays than we are - they have put their blood and sweat into this and any new content and would like nothing better that to have it launch on time with no issues - but S**T happens and we all deal with it as mature adults.

I really do not understand the mindset of the playerbase sometimes, and continue to thank the Dev team for their hard work and public relations about the issue - especially @CG_Kozispoon

We look forward to Territory Battles whenever it is ready and working.

Because of the official statement makes little to no sense to most players
    A simple statement like "sorry we have encountered some bugs." or a huge technical report, would have removed a lot of the disgruntled posts, but there will always be some, no matter what they do
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    all i want is capt han solo
  • All the haters need to R-E-L-A-X... it's just a freakin' game! Those who choose to spend money do so of their own volition and risk, and just like buying a coffee maker that doesn't work, there's always a chance that were bound for some sort of dissapointment. THAT'S LIFE, MAN!!!
  • Ansroff
    283 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Darth wrote: »
    There shouldn't be any delays at all period. This is a freaking mobile game for god sakes! It's not a major AAA game that took 3-5 yrs to make, and with all the thousands of money they make off ppl here should be enough ppl working on this game to make it bug free & run smooth!

That doesn't make sense. Is that supposed to mean the money I put into the game doesn't warrant high quality?
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    StarSon wrote: »

Kozi is not a dev.

@StarSon
    Seriously bruh, if you get "infuriated" over a mobile game update, you need to rethink your life and priorities.

Why? This is my primary source of entertainment. I pay money to this game. I spend hours playing every day. I have invested a lot of time and energy into it. If this game is my priority, what is it to you?
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Imagine what will happen when they discontinue the game...

That marvel contest of heroes looks pretty good
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I am not sure why the don't just drop Capt solo In cantina. That is more of a financial decision than technical
  • djvita wrote: »
    all i want is capt han solo

That's what I was most disappointed about. I've been saving energy and crystals waiting to be able to farm him. I can wait longer for TB, just let us farm Capt Han
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    ZiggaRatt1 wrote: »
    All the haters need to R-E-L-A-X... it's just a freakin' game! Those who choose to spend money do so of their own volition and risk, and just like buying a coffee maker that doesn't work, there's always a chance that were bound for some sort of dissapointment. THAT'S LIFE, MAN!!!

If you buy a coffee maker that doesn't work and just goes THAT'S LIFE, you seriously need to rethink your life philosophy, but that's just my opinion