Reflect Damage and Unique Disable

I was thinking that 2 new features on future toons that might be cool (and expand the power creep, haha) would be Reflect Damage and Unique Disable.

Reflect Damage would be a passive ability or buff that simply reflects back a % of damage received, the point of it being that instead of a counterattack, Reflect Damage functions even when the toon is inflicted with Daze.

Unique Disable is like Ability Block, but instead it blocks a toon's Unique for a turn.

Thoughts?

Replies

• I don't like the idea of reflect damage. Daze is supposed to be a counter to countering. We don't need a new super counterattack that counters the counter to countering, otherwise then people will be asking for a counter to that.
    The unique disable sounds like it could be interesting though, but the AI will never use it right.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Moved to correct sub forum.

Thanks! Sorry about that.
  • @Bistan_Lover

Actually, for a long time I've thought that Reflect Damage is just the thing for Mace Windu, and that it should function even through Daze.

Vaapad (Unique):
    [In addition to the normal stuff we have already, though I'd like to see that tweaked as well...] Mace Windu has +50% evasion vs Special Damage. Whenever Mace successfully evades Special Damage, there is a 50% chance the attacker takes 50% of the damage directed at Mace. If Mace was the only target of this Special Damage, there is a +50% chance the attacker is affected. This is not a counter-attack.

Nobody needs to ask for a counter to this super-special counter-attack, because if you don't want to take damage from Mace, just don't hit him with Special Damage.

There ya go: Mace reflects force lightning (and a few other things) with his lightsaber. The idea of Vaapad directing the enemy's strength back at the enemy becomes a concrete and limited mechanic that nonetheless can be quite powerful.
  • @Bistan_Lover

Actually, for a long time I've thought that Reflect Damage is just the thing for Mace Windu, and that it should function even through Daze.

Vaapad (Unique):
    [In addition to the normal stuff we have already, though I'd like to see that tweaked as well...] Mace Windu has +50% evasion vs Special Damage. Whenever Mace successfully evades Special Damage, there is a 50% chance the attacker takes 50% of the damage directed at Mace. If Mace was the only target of this Special Damage, there is a +50% chance the attacker is affected. This is not a counter-attack.

Nobody needs to ask for a counter to this super-special counter-attack, because if you don't want to take damage from Mace, just don't hit him with Special Damage.

There ya go: Mace reflects force lightning (and a few other things) with his lightsaber. The idea of Vaapad directing the enemy's strength back at the enemy becomes a concrete and limited mechanic that nonetheless can be quite powerful.

This is brilliant. Love it!