How did your arena teams develop overtime and what are you planning?

Joost
233 posts Member
When I started playing this game about 10 months ago I just farmed characters I liked so my first arena team I remember (after of course the Chewbacca, Talia and Consular team) was a mess:
Dooku as leader, Luminara, Captain Phasma, Darth Sidious and another character I forgot... probably Chewie or Lando

Then I started focussing on dark side characters and I developed the following team:
Emperor Palpatine as leader, Dooku, Yoda, Darth Sidious and Phasma (later replaced by Vader)

Now I run a Zmaul sith team

Now I think about unlocking Thrawn so he can fit in my team in some way. haven't entirely figured out what to do with him but he is good so i want him.

I would love to hear stories about your messups and your great ideas for the future :)

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Whilst i do think to a certaim extent 'anyone can beat anyone now'...

There are still certain teams that will dominate (again changing those teams with emergence of CLS)

Im a Dec 2015 shard and i still think it all comes down to superior mods (i generally finish top 10 each day) play the same teams but those top 5 are there due to mods
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I tooled about around level 1000 in the arena when I first started. I was a very casual player back then. Eventually I started liking the game more and actually paid attention to battles, moving up to the 500s.

My first real team was the First Order, just before they did the revamp at the beginning of the year. That got me to around level 100.

As a pet project, I started farming Rogue One characters. In May or so they actually became usable, and became my main arena team. I started to challenge for level 50 most days, especially once I brought in R2.

Anyway, when CLS appeared, I was able to get him and (relatively speaking) fast track him to gear 11, along with the revamped Leia. I'm now 10-20 most days with the twins, R2, and Chaze.

I really want to make an Empire team, but with the current state of the game, and how Rebel dominated it is, it's probably not worth it.

I think I'm going to get Raid Han to g11 (at 10 now) and figure out the best comp to use (probably drop Leia for Han).

After that, I'll let Thrawn and DN up - hopefully I'll have them at 7 stars by then, and those two will likely always be viable characters in the game.

Beyond that, I'm holding out for a solid FO upgrade to make them useful again, hopefully with a Snoke lead. :)

And that's where I'm at!
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I started arena with a random assortment of my "best" toons, then moved to a Phasma lead with lumi and bariss healing, because the early ranks were about who could out heal the other healers. I worked my way up the ladder and slowly heals became less important and damage more so. Then Chaze was released and I realised this was the way arena was heading, so I leveled and starred them up and played with them under Phasma for a while until Rex became popular, so I decided to give him a shot at lead and that's when my rank finally dropped below 100. After I geared up Jyn I added her and had a ton of success until DN was released. I held off on adding him as long as possible, but eventually had to give in.

I've run Rex (L), Chaze, Jyn, DN for the longest time now and used to finish top 20 no problem (even made it to #1 on two occasions without using refreshes, one of the only teams in top 50 I see using Jyn), but since the introduction of R2, Thrawn, and CLS it's a struggle for me to stay top 50 even. I've zeta'd DN's unique, and am 3 zetas away from zKylo who will replace Jyn in my current line up so I fair a little better on defense.

I fear what G12 is going to do to arena, tho...
  • Options
    I ran Vader led Empire for a long time, till Tarkins rework, then ran him as lead with mostly RG, Vader, TFP, and Boba. Then got Palpatine and ran him in place of Boba. That eventually got me above 100. My rank went to just above fifty a couple times after I replaced TFP with DT and picked fights with Rebels. Didn't have to fight too many Nihilis teams before I learned to avoid them. I found the Empire team held better on defense when I replaced RG with STH.

Now I'm trying CLS with Leia, R2, Lando, and STH. I'm 3 shards away from Raid Han, and plan to maybe replace Lando or STHan with him. It's a little less difficult to stay above 100 with this team it seems than my Empire, I have no zetas, no great mods, (well Luke's are decent but not spectacular) and they're much more fun to play.

Long term goal,(3-4 months) is to run CLS (L), Ezra, Sabine, Leia and Sun Fac.
  • Options
    Once I got past the Talia, JC, Chewbacca phase I tried a captain Phasma lead with some random toons that were considered strong back in 2015. Though I knew the advice was from an old post, what I didn't know was how much and how quickly the game can change, and therefore render said advice obsolete.

Then, preparing for the Emperor's demise event, I stumbled across Wiggs, and had already been farming Boba, as well as ST Han. So, my new arena team was and still is Wiggs, Emperor, Boba, ST Han.

I only managed a four-star Phoenix team, so I was unable to unlock Thrawn, and my DS toons are dismal, so I had the same result for R2-D2. I immediately started farming empire but got distracted by all the Ewok hype (don't get me wrong, I kind of like the little buggers, but they could have waited). So, when we got the surprise R2 event, I was only able to manage six star empire and so missed out on CLS.

I'm a level 85 w no zetas, so mid-game I suppose. Just finished seven starring Empire and am working on Phoenix for Thrawn. Need one set of BP for 3 separate ships so I can start farming zetas and I still need Old Ben for next CLS. Also really would like to finally farm B2.

Aside from that, I'd like to get together Resistance and First Order teams for the next film release as well as mod challenges.
  • Options
    Resistance and Jedi. Once JKL drops and hermit Yoda is in game, Jedi will be really insane.

QGJ L, JKL, kenobi, Hoda, Ezra.

Untill then QGJ L, kenobi, Ezra, Hoda, Anakin.