GAME OUTAGE: 8/31 Updated 4:22PM Pacific [mega] RESOLVED

Prev13
CG_RyDiggs
536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited September 2017
All tasks RESOLVED and Threaded. Thanks all!

UPDATED: 8/31 4:10 PM, RT

Hello Heroes,

Outage: This should be fixed and Players should have normal access to the game.

I'll be posting here with status updates. <<MEGATHREAD>>
  • Team is aware of the issues with Guild Chat in game being down. 90% RESOLVED
  • In addition, we're aware of the reports via players of problems with Territory Battles and certain phases/deploy points not showing. <<MEGATHREAD>> RESOLVED
  • Error 10 when entering/ completing Combat Missions. RESOLVED
  • Inbox Thank you to all players sent: <<MEGATHREAD>> RESOLVED
    • 500 Crystals
    • 1 Omega Material
    • 30 Hoth Rebel Soldier Shards
  • Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification] <<MEGATHREAD>> RESOLVED

We're actively investigating these anomalies and will update further as the situation develops.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Ryan Thomas
Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on

Replies

• I lost my Captain Han shards I farmed during the series of client restarts yesterday. Is this being looked into as well?
  • Let this event be a reminder to you guild owners/officers to have a secondary source of communication available. Many of you have since day one, but others haven't and this might have hurt their first go at TB (aside from other bugs, of course). Hope this puppy gets runnin' right soon!
    Real Old Timers and Misfits - Officer

OldGreybeard 763-474-659
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Zehava wrote: »
    I lost my Captain Han shards I farmed during the series of client restarts yesterday. Is this being looked into as well?

I opened an EA Support ticekt. Hopefully tonight I get a response
  • Let this event be a reminder to you guild owners/officers to have a secondary source of communication available. Many of you have since day one, but others haven't and this might have hurt their first go at TB (aside from other bugs, of course). Hope this puppy gets runnin' right soon!

We do, but not everyone is willing to use 3rd party app to play a game, or join some Facebook/WhatsApp/whatever else group. This includes some members of our guild. They want to use chat exclusively for their own reasons (mostly because they want to keep identity as game-only).

We accept their decision to not join our secondary communication channel, as we are not "hard core" guild (we do heroic raids, but casually). At least officers can communicate through other ways, but it's always much preferable to have working communication in the game.
  • RubAto wrote: »
    Let this event be a reminder to you guild owners/officers to have a secondary source of communication available. Many of you have since day one, but others haven't and this might have hurt their first go at TB (aside from other bugs, of course). Hope this puppy gets runnin' right soon!

We do, but not everyone is willing to use 3rd party app to play a game, or join some Facebook/WhatsApp/whatever else group. This includes some members of our guild. They want to use chat exclusively for their own reasons (mostly because they want to keep identity as game-only).

We accept their decision to not join our secondary communication channel, as we are not "hard core" guild (we do heroic raids, but casually). At least officers can communicate through other ways, but it's always much preferable to have working communication in the game.

Oh, no doubt. And I'm very familiar with and respect other players not wanting to go with a 3rd party app. Another chat, email or whatever as a backup never hurts. If some aren't willing to do that, that's fine. We're not a hardcore guild either but communication is a valuable tool. And having a backup form of communication is never a bad thing. In the end, in game chat should be working. But it isn't right now. So you either wait or you open up other avenues of communication.

OldGreybeard 763-474-659
  • RubAto wrote: »
    Let this event be a reminder to you guild owners/officers to have a secondary source of communication available. Many of you have since day one, but others haven't and this might have hurt their first go at TB (aside from other bugs, of course). Hope this puppy gets runnin' right soon!

Ugh, I edited one word in my response and now it needs to be approved. Ha! Basically, my response was in agreement with you. Just never hurts to have a backup when something like this happens. Happy gaming! (eventually)

OldGreybeard 763-474-659
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    RubAto wrote: »

We forced main guild to use Discord, they had one week to join or go bye bye
    The fixed message bar came after, but I'm seriously considering doing the same for our second guild now, as IGC is just to lousy and freezes so people have to update it with a blank message
    IGC is one of the worst I've seen, it lacks stability and needs to be able to do way more, but it looks good
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Just purchased some shards in guild store and had the error come up to restart game. Duly, restarted game, shows I have purchased the shards in the guild store but not created the shards to the character.

How do I go about getting these added to the character??
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Thank you EA for everything that you are doing. In the future maybe a beta should have been done before actual content launch. That might of alleviated a lot of the issues going on right now and I for one fully appreciate your effort.
    Thank You ;)
  • Epidem
    16 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I lost the 219K points for finishing all 6 stages of the second combat round because of the have to reload issue mentioned in the OP. It sounds like a couple others from my guild did as well, which might leave us at only 2* for Phase 1.

I don't understand what exactly happened. Finished the first very easy with a CLS lead Rebel squad (all 7* and most gear 11). Then realized that you couldn't use toons in both combat and base missions, so decided to use my 7* gear 8-9 phoenix squad (minus chopper), was more difficult but still finished all 6 stages of combat round 2, then get the error that forced a reload, go back in, second phase says complete, toons I used are unavailable for anything, but I don't have any more points or stages finished.

Same for me here.
    As you can only do one try, when the server bugs between start and finish, it considers it's a defeat.
    (I hope my english is correct, sorry if not)

Post edited by Epidem on
  • I crashed on second combat battle at the end of wave 5. Playing on android tablet. Is there any support that I can contact? This will get real frustrating real quick considering you can't restart and lose all contribution.
  • Wasted my strongest rebel team in combat mission when the game crashed before I could fire a shot, so I lost them for the rest of the phase without any score. Compounded by guild chat going down, so unable to even warn rest of guild or coordinate. Very frustrating but do understand how difficult launching something like this worldwide must be.

Credit to devs as always for coming on here to talk to us!
  • This was said to be put out early with 24 hour phases so are guilds could test it were not getting anything but a free play at TB
  • Not all but most of you are Impatient and greedy
  • TwiztidJay wrote: »
    Not all but most of you are Impatient and greedy

Can you blame people for wanting to play a feature that has been hyped for a while?
  • No but be happy like I said they put it out early to test just be happy your playing it and it's here and let them do what they need to do
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    In addition to no guild chat, i can't see new members. Our GP shot up 6M suddenly and roster increased by 5 ppl, but i cant see anyone new in guild management.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    First of all thank you for bringing us TB, pretty cool stuff.

Also, SWGOH app crashed after completeing 6/6 battles on one combat battle several hours ago. The game finally restarted later after several notices saying server is down for maintenance, and did not receive credit for the first combat battle, and it was marked as completed.

Anyway I can get my 291k credits? Should I put in a help desk notice through the game app or is this being addressed?

Thank you.

Why? Because we complain that we have definitely lost a battle and potentially associated rewards because of a server crash? Come on...

Nonsense. Greedy for what? Earning the allotted reward for what you accomplished? I'm not sure if I was credited for doing that. All people want is this to work properly.
  • It is still not functioning. Chat servers are disfunctional. People a lost points, raid runs, purchases.
  • This chat problem is serious. Our small guild only has 2 Baze's available and we can not warn them that we need them deployed to support missions. Our ability to access the Ion Cannon is 100% reliant on your chat, as these two members are part of the group NOT in Discord. I hope you resolve this quickly, us officers are having heart attack pains waiting it out.
  • I thought she was supposed to appear there now? Idk
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    I thought she was supposed to appear there now? Idk

Shes in mine
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    She's there. Maybe you didn't have your reset yet?
  • Is she not like GG where you can get 5, 10 or 30 then?
  • Deome here, TB Officer for Alliance Gamma. We had issues with game chat, of course, but we also had issues with guild members (myself included) losing whole Combat teams to the restart or missing other rewards (such as shards / etc) once restart happened. We had coordinated to launch TB and run through it together and instead could not communicate (had to use Discord) and then ran into issues with the restart. I put in a ticket but the rep said he can't do anything on a case by case basis because, more than likely, you will compensate game-wide. Just adding my voice to the conversation. We were really excited for TB but I hate that there have already been so many issues. (Also hearing about mods disappearing from deployed units once removed).

Thanks guys, and thanks for listening!
    - Deome, The Alli∆nce, Knights of the Old G∆MM∆, TB officer
  • Hi CG_RyDiggs -

Just wanted to bring attention to my issue through the proper channel, as noted & explained in the following two threads:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/130019/please-help
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129995/cant-join-tb-for-ineligibilty-somehow-got-auto-kicked-from-guild-when-game-kept-crashing

In short - I'm currently locked out of participating in TB. :-(

Thanks,
    Chef Size
    Ally Code: 454-245-896
    Chef Size

Ally Code: 454-245-896
    Player ID: UBkLmF5HS46j2kh_8ssEUg
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    lDP5Fje.jpg
  • Mine has her in there with the 5, 10 or 30 shards.
This discussion has been closed.