Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification]

Prev13456715
Carrie
122 posts Member
edited September 2017
Greetings Holotable Heroes!
Thank you all for your enthusiastic support of our brand new Territory Battles feature. We have been just as excited to bring you news and updates as we approached release. We saw record levels of player participation in game and across media channels.
In order to provide information in advance of a feature launch, we share with our Game Changers and Media outlets preliminary builds of our features. We'll be working to continue (and improve) this transparency around the future of SWGOH as much and as often as we can.
One balancing act we traverse is when showing too much too early can lead to missed expectations with our players.
One such expectation is regarding the requirements around the Hoth Rebel Soldier in Territory Battles. A few of the more popular media shares had the tag of 'Development Build' in the bottom-right corner. It was the expectation that the text would relay that the info and gameplay were still in development and subject to change. This point will be made clearer going forward.
Because that may not have been clear, we decided to include 30 Hoth Rebel Soldier Shards in the game wide 'Territory Battles Thank You' inbox gift provided on 8/31.
Continuing onward, we can and will be even more clear. We know you all enjoy sneak peeks and we're just as eager to share what we've got going on for future releases.
This all said, for clarification:
Hoth Rebel Soldier is required to be 7* to complete the Rebel Officer Leia Organa Special mission.
Please know that we've taken the action to be more clear in our future messaging, and know that we have many many more exciting adventures and features to bring to all of you.
See you on the Holotables!
-Carrie

Edited to clarify the Developer Build issue.
Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
Post edited by Carrie on

Replies

• Can someone confirm that the 7* required for cap han is not a mistake but a change made to tb.
    Forgive if there is already a forum on this
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Can someone confirm that the 7* required for cap han is not a mistake but a change made to tb.

It IS a mistake. When you read the forum update on it, it does say that there are "display bugs" concerning the star requirements in phases. These bugs are to be fixed soon, at a later date.
  • More like CG saying

fg8lqn5.jpg
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    More like CG saying

fg8lqn5.jpg

Bravo
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Can someone confirm that the 7* required for cap han is not a mistake but a change made to tb.

It IS a mistake. When you read the forum update on it, it does say that there are "display bugs" concerning the star requirements in phases. These bugs are to be fixed soon, at a later date.

The post people keep quoting states "Raids" not "Phases in TB" and not "Special Missions in TB".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • More like CG saying

fg8lqn5.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner! :D
  • I just heard that Dark Side Ships cannot be used either... can anyone confirm this???
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    I just heard that Dark Side Ships cannot be used either... can anyone confirm this???

Seems that way, nothing to say otherwise yet.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I am hoping it is a mistake, as the videos which were co-narrated with SWGOH devs clearly show a 5* HRSoldier and 5* CHS qualifying for the ROLO special mission. And virtually every "guide" and publication based on those videos showed the 5* requirement. Packs for CHS were sold under that pretense, prior to the 7* change being made public when TB opened this morning.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    I just heard that Dark Side Ships cannot be used either... can anyone confirm this???

Seems that way, nothing to say otherwise yet.

Hope it isn't true...
  • I just heard that Dark Side Ships cannot be used either... can anyone confirm this???

from people who datamined the files they say yes it is true too
    AhnaldT101 from youtube...sayed the same an hour ago.
    stupid...can't delete messageboard account.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    ugh! I havent logged into these forums in a really long time. I lurk and view but haven't commented in a while. This issue is huge and causing problems already. Did they bait and switch us? Did the finance department step in? Is it a display bug? I don't really care which but we all deserve confirmation one way or the other

I think it's only LS ships
  • I have heard from Youtubers as well that the requirement is now 7*
    Regarding DS ships. I believe you can use only LS on combat missions but can deploy DS ships (like DS toon)
  • I'm a eat whatever plate is put in front of you kind of guy unless I really really don't want that particular plate at which point I just go elsewhere. For me none of this is really a big deal other than CG communication can be inept, misguiding, good, informative, incomplete and thorough. So all that to say, now what? What are you all going to do in response if all the allegations are true?

BTW, just because you guys saw play testing prior to release, it does not mean anything is written in stone and they can change stuff whenever they deem necessary. It's probably in the TOS somewhere. And any unofficial publication about the game is unofficial.
  • At this point...I just want confirmation. If Hoth Solider is needed at 7*...there is no reason to rush cause you can't. There is only one hard node. That's like 4-6 months of farming.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Veritasum wrote: »
    I'm a eat whatever plate is put in front of you kind of guy unless I really really don't want that particular plate at which point I just go elsewhere. For me none of this is really a big deal other than CG communication can be inept, misguiding, good, informative, incomplete and thorough. So all that to say, now what? What are you all going to do in response if all the allegations are true?

BTW, just because you guys saw play testing prior to release, it does not mean anything is written in stone and they can change stuff whenever they deem necessary. It's probably in the TOS somewhere. And any unofficial publication about the game is unofficial.

The youtubers were invited in by CG and the video was co-narrated by a SWGOH developer. I wouldn't exactly call that "unofficial".

• How can people tell the requirements are different? We only have access to phase1, and unless data-mining has shown these changes... i mean there is no way for anyone to know what the requirements are til we reach those sectors.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    How can people tell the requirements are different? We only have access to phase1, and unless data-mining has shown these changes... i mean there is no way for anyone to know what the requirements are til we reach those sectors.

You can click on future phases
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm a eat whatever plate is put in front of you kind of guy unless I really really don't want that particular plate at which point I just go elsewhere. For me none of this is really a big deal other than CG communication can be inept, misguiding, good, informative, incomplete and thorough. So all that to say, now what? What are you all going to do in response if all the allegations are true?

The youtubers were invited in by CG and the video was co-narrated by a SWGOH developer. I wouldn't exactly call that "unofficial".

Exactly.
  • This looks like an intended fraud from devs. Too many announcements were about 5* and no announcements about change to 7*. If this change is true.. well... this is the best way to discourage people from buying anything else for real money as any other promises could appear to be similar intended fraud
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Sure, but would you really call it "official"?
    It's a thin line here, I'd rather not accuse people of something I'm unsure of, in this case of "false advertisement" or "click and bait".
  • I don't think CG is intentionally trying to scam us, but it's getting harder and harder to argue against people who believe that.
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    Andrudis wrote: »
    This looks like an intended fraud from devs. Too many announcements were about 5* and no announcements about change to 7*. If this change is true.. well... this is the best way to discourage people from buying anything else for real money as any other promises could appear to be similar intended fraud

Until we get an official response we can't get to upset, but im anxiously awaiting a response to determine my next move with Apple
  • tj5270
    177 posts Member
    Definitely interested in a confirmation, since all information provided by gamechangers youtubers would need to be okay'd by EA/CG. @CG_Kozispoon any confirmation that can be provided about the change from a 5* captain Han Solo and hoth rebel soldier, to the now updated 7* captain Han Solo and hoth rebel soldier?
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    tj5270 wrote: »
    Definitely interested in a confirmation, since all information provided by gamechangers youtubers would need to be okay'd by EA/CG. @CG_Kozispoon any confirmation that can be provided about the change from a 5* captain Han Solo and hoth rebel soldier, to the now updated 7* captain Han Solo and hoth rebel soldier?

In that case, this also looks like it was communicated by an ea game changer:

image-1.jpg
    @AhnaldT101 @CG_Kozispoon
  • How can people tell the requirements are different? We only have access to phase1, and unless data-mining has shown these changes... i mean there is no way for anyone to know what the requirements are til we reach those sectors.

It is in datamine today as 7* they changed it with update
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Still no official word
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Sure, but would you really call it "official"?
    It's a thin line here, I'd rather not accuse people of something I'm unsure of, in this case of "false advertisement" or "click and bait".

I didn't use either phrase - just pointing out that the youtube videos were not only released with information that had CG/EA's blessing, but actually had a SWGOH developer commentating the video.

It is a thin line - and if CG/EA decided to cross it, than in many people's opinion, there should have at least been some sort of communication prior to selling packs for the character(s) in question.

If it is just a visual bug, then, no harm, no foul.

This discussion has been closed.