Viable teams for ATF? Anybody with experience running her know?

I'm (still) waffling on if I should clean out my various store tokens and use the shard shop to get ATF to 6 stars. If I do, it would be mainly to use her in the arena.

What "top 20" team comps does ATF require to be viable? Is it possible to just toss her into any old group, assume you can get 4 or 5 buffs up, and be happy with that? Or do you need to team her with specific characters to make it worthwhile to run her?

I currently run CLS, R2, Leia, and Chaze. Right now (by that I mean ... probably not any more tonight after people start bringing g12 characters) I rank in the 5 to 20 range with that team in the arena. I'm going to assume I'll be challenging in the top 50 shortly.

Assuming that CLS and R2 are non-negotiable and will definitely be in my team, and with ATF taking spot three, that leaves two spots available. Who do I go with?

Do I just swap out Leia for ATF? But at that point I'm getting a heal from Chirrut, stealth from R2 ... and are there even any other buffs in that team? Isn't ATF just a weak attacker with protection up at that point?

Do I drop Chaze and do something like Cassian and ... I don't know - Old Ben? Or Baze? A tank in other words, to feed tenacity up to from Cassian. ATF would then get a whole lot of buffs to start the fight, but is Cassian even usable in a non-Rogue One team at the higher level of the arena?

Or do you need to run GK with ATF? I have him at g8 and 6 stars right now - I know I should get him to g11, but I've always found other characters to focus on. But is he needed to run ATF? Because at that point I'm leveling them both from g8 through to g11, which ... wow, that'll be painful to get the gear for.

Or is there another option I'm totally missing? I suppose I had played around with CLS, R2, Leia, Raid Han, and ATF, which would be a crazy dps team, but totally tank-less. But if it works. I'd set aside the month to gear up Raid Han (g10 right now) and ATF.

Anyway, not really sure if I should even worry about Fulcrum right now. Maybe I just focus on my current team and get them to gear 12. But then there's the new and shiny character to level up, which is always fun.

I just don't know.

Replies

• I had a similar post a while back with some good advice: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126894/another-cmd-luke-arena-squad#latest

I tried Fulcrum in arena and without zeta... had go move away from it. You may have better luck, but if buffs get dispelled a lot and vs Nihilus force drain... she's a goner long before whirlwind
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • I had a similar post a while back with some good advice: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/126894/another-cmd-luke-arena-squad#latest

I tried Fulcrum in arena and without zeta... had go move away from it. You may have better luck, but if buffs get dispelled a lot and vs Nihilus force drain... she's a goner long before whirlwind

Thanks, that's an interesting thread.

By the way, who did you go with? I notice SRP is mentioned - he always struck me as a mini-Baze, but I just checked SWGOH and was kind of surprised. He has more HP and more Protection than Baze, and his basic grants 15% TM to other allies. With taunt and the counter chance from CLS ... that could be a pretty massive TM shift for the good guys.

Of course, he's pretty slow, but with a fast R2 putting a stealth taunt on him, it might work.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I've been using Fulcrum in arena lately and enjoying her a lot...

My setup is CLS (L), R2, Leia, Fulcrum and either Old Ben or GK (I think I prefer Ben typically since for some reason R2 won't target him for his smoke screen and it allows him to get mind trick off without risk of being fractured)

She's a killing machine... that blender of death will make short work of pretty much anyone on the other team!

NQOK90Y.jpg
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I don't think throwing ATF into just any team works. In fact, a lot of videos I've watched regarding different arena teams have featured her, and I'm still not very impressed. In fact, when she's been on the opposing team, she's typically left until the end. I think the AI doesn't use her very well.
    The problem, as some have mentioned, is that dispell is pretty common now. And if she gets dispelled, she's pretty much lost her niche as an attacker. Just something to consider. The other side is, there haven't really been other toons mentioned that could go into the shard shop. I'll probably get what I can while she's there, as she'll likely be a single hard node farm.
  • She's useless vs those nasty GK/Zarris teams. I maxed her out on day one (stars, gears, mods etc) and I have yet to find her truly viable in any arena team.

Don't get me wrong, she's a nasty toon, but there are so many ways to counter or neuter her now thanks to a combination of power creep, new kits and this one toon called Zarris who just eats her whirlwind for lunch.

I do enjoy using her in GW or raids though
  • Smapty wrote: »
    I've been using Fulcrum in arena lately and enjoying her a lot...

My setup is CLS (L), R2, Leia, Fulcrum and either Old Ben or GK (I think I prefer Ben typically since for some reason R2 won't target him for his smoke screen and it allows him to get mind trick off without risk of being fractured)

She's a killing machine... that blender of death will make short work of pretty much anyone on the other team!

NQOK90Y.jpg

Interesting (said in a Thrawn voice). You are critting for 11k there - I was watching an ArnaldT (I think) video the other day about ATF, and she was critting for 5500k against GK. You were popping 11k crits there. Is that truly what a tank does to attackers, cuts the damage done down that much? Or, of course, it's possible the mods in the video I watched weren't optimized for ATF.

But yeah, 100k whirlwind vs a 25k makes a huge difference in figuring out if it's worth it to hope on the ATF train. :) I think I'm going to get her to 6 stars from the shard shop and then ... eh, probably leave her there. I'm starting to think I need to get my GK geared up. He's closing in on 7 stars, and the boost he gets from g12 seems pretty huge. For pure bang for the buck, he's probably the way to go.
  • I used her since day one and haven't looked back. I got her G12 now and she just nasty. Yes, yes bariss is anti ATF, but if you don't know how to fight a bariss team your screwed. I roll all over them and I don't use DN, or Thrawn or Sabine. Yes, the AI sucks, as it does for 95% of the characters in this game, I don't gauge a character what the silly AI system does, I based what I can do with them.

By the way, who did you go with?
    I notice SRP is mentioned - he always struck me as a mini-Baze, but I just checked SWGOH and was kind of surprised. He has more HP and more Protection than Baze, and his basic grants 15% TM to other allies. With taunt and the counter chance from CLS ... that could be a pretty massive TM shift for the good guys.

Of course, he's pretty slow, but with a fast R2 putting a stealth taunt on him, it might work.

Actually... she isn't in my arena team right now. If I zeta her, maaaaybe try to work something out. I need to find a way for the team to generate buffs even though opponents keep trying to dispel all the team's buffs. A Yoda/GK combo with Cassian seems like a really great combo... CMD Luke, Cassian, Fulcrum, GM Yoda, and GK?

Have not tried it yet, but I often find that Good Theory doesn't seem to hold vs Actual Application in this game.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Maztoras wrote: »
    I used her since day one and haven't looked back. I got her G12 now and she just nasty. Yes, yes bariss is anti ATF, but if you don't know how to fight a bariss team your screwed. I roll all over them and I don't use DN, or Thrawn or Sabine. Yes, the AI sucks, as it does for 95% of the characters in this game, I don't gauge a character what the silly AI system does, I based what I can do with them.

Cool. Cool cool cool. What team do you run around ATF? Or do you have an swgoh.gg account I can snoop though? :)
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    How do you mod ATF properly?
  • Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Yeah here you go

https://swgoh.gg/u/mastoras/

I played with sabine so swap her for ahsoka, will update soon

By the way, who did you go with?
    I notice SRP is mentioned - he always struck me as a mini-Baze, but I just checked SWGOH and was kind of surprised. He has more HP and more Protection than Baze, and his basic grants 15% TM to other allies. With taunt and the counter chance from CLS ... that could be a pretty massive TM shift for the good guys.

Actually... she isn't in my arena team right now. If I zeta her, maaaaybe try to work something out. I need to find a way for the team to generate buffs even though opponents keep trying to dispel all the team's buffs. A Yoda/GK combo with Cassian seems like a really great combo... CMD Luke, Cassian, Fulcrum, GM Yoda, and GK?

Have not tried it yet, but I often find that Good Theory doesn't seem to hold vs Actual Application in this game.

I've yet to put Ahsoka into my arena team (want her at 5-6* first, then 7* for G12), but combining her with Leia is a great call because, unless the enemy has 2x AoE dispel, Leia will be able to keep her buffs due to foresight. Just requires the proper speed values.