TB Combat Missions [MEGA]

Prev1
Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
edited September 2017
Let's talk strategy.
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• In next phases will be able to do combat platoon missions in each territory (assuming we have enough teams)
    or just one?
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Jimmy_Key wrote: »
    In next phases will be able to do combat platoon missions in each territory (assuming we have enough teams)
    or just one?
    You can do all active combat missions as long as you don't deploy all your troops in one territory before doing combat missions in the other territory.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I haven't played the event yet so I'm wondering, what happens to a team that wins a combat mission ? Can I use it again until it's beaten, à la GW? Or is it considered "used" and I have to switch to another team? Sorry if it's an obvious question but all of this seems so confusing at the moment...
  • First phase yet guys, don't be so precipitated!
    Well I know for sure that as each phase goes on my irritation is going to go up, mostly because I am a dark side player and my rebels are not that great. I think biggs is my strongest at gear 9.

Ahhh I got your point, I hope that they plan sth like that for DS too later. Would be good.
  • To be fair, these phases were supposed to be 12 hours...
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    My only objection is why the tutorial make people dump all toons into deployment. That makes no sense.

No it didn't. It had you select them all, it was up to you to commit to that though. You could have deselected some, or all, of them.

And actually it does make sense, at least for phase 1. There is no reason not to deploy all your toons in phase 1. Phases 2-6 you will still want to deploy all your toons, but you won't want to deploy them all to the same territory - that's where becoming educated on how it works becomes important.

• For phase 3 mission the previews said 5 star hoth Han and hoth soldier. But when I check now it is 7 star?
  • Seems like want to select a team like for galactic war.
    Guesses at who might be decent leads:
    Rebels: zJyn, Wedge, Hera (Phoenix team), ???
    General light side: Who? - Rex?, Barris?,
    Jedi: zQGJ?, ???
  • feälóke
    117 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys,
    does anyone know what amout of TP do we get from phase 1 combat missions? (Per toon, Victory/defeat, every encounter out of 6)... cant find it anywhere (want just verify if at some circumstances isn't more beneficial just to deploy and not to play combat missions). Thank you :)

(I know that ideal would be use the weakest team possible which is still able to win in all 6 encounters, but to risk it without knowladge of enemy toons is just an uthopy yet, maybe in next TB)

EDIT: Oh, i just noticed that my question is a little bit pointless
    "Deployment
    – dump the rest of your units (even Dark Side) to increase territory points
    – units used in special and combat missions will automatically deploy to specific territory where they were used"
    Sorry for interrupting you guys.
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    My only objection is why the tutorial make people dump all toons into deployment. That makes no sense.

No it didn't. It had you select them all, it was up to you to commit to that though. You could have deselected some, or all, of them.

And actually it does make sense, at least for phase 1. There is no reason not to deploy all your toons in phase 1. Phases 2-6 you will still want to deploy all your toons, but you won't want to deploy them all to the same territory - that's where becoming educated on how it works becomes important.
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »

Deploying troops should always be the last thing you do, until after you have looked at the platoon requirements and done the combat missions, then you can dump your junk toons, so the tutorial was incorrecr as once you dumped your toons you cannot use them in platoons or combat missions.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    I haven't played the event yet so I'm wondering, what happens to a team that wins a combat mission ? Can I use it again until it's beaten, à la GW? Or is it considered "used" and I have to switch to another team? Sorry if it's an obvious question but all of this seems so confusing at the moment...

It's considered used
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • From what I've looked through already, I see that the later Combat Missions net you guild event tokens and shards for ROLO, but what's the point of these earlier ones?

I know platoons net your team bonuses and the deployments are for guild stars, but what Is the actual purpose of the combat missions?
  • Iwells911 wrote: »
    From what I've looked through already, I see that the later Combat Missions net you guild event tokens and shards for ROLO, but what's the point of these earlier ones?

I know platoons net your team bonuses and the deployments are for guild stars, but what Is the actual purpose of the combat missions?

Additional Territory Points for more stars
  • The purpose is to gain more TB points towards the stars for that particular map, you get points for your GP when you deploy chars into that map, and then you get extra points for completing, or as best you can complete, the combat missions. For reference, in the first phase, let's say for round numbers you can deploy and contribute 1 mil points towards a star, now you can complete the combat missions, and get 291k points per each extra towards your total, bringing your personal contribution in that phase up to 1,582 mil.
  • Ok, so completing the combat missions nets you the galactic power of the character itself AND the points per phase you complete?
  • Iwells911 wrote: »
    Ok, so completing the combat missions nets you the galactic power of the character itself AND the points per phase you complete?

Let's say you've got ~1m galactic power. You only deploy your heroes and you do nothing else, you would have contributed 1m points. Now let's say you still have 1m gp, however aside from deploying you also decided to do a couple of combat missions, now the total points you contribute will be let's say ~1.2m
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Iwells911 wrote: »
    Ok, so completing the combat missions nets you the galactic power of the character itself AND the points per phase you complete?

that seems to be the case, yes.
    Ff i understood correctly you can deploy all your units to a territory AND still use them in that specific territory for combat and platoon missions, so you'll get the deployment GP regardless of whether you use them in platoon/combat missions or not..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If I don't deploy the characters and just select them to play the mission am I leaving points on the table? Or does selecting them for the mission auto add the deployment points by default?
  • xMORIDINx wrote: »
    If I don't deploy the characters and just select them to play the mission am I leaving points on the table? Or does selecting them for the mission auto add the deployment points by default?

Selecting Heroes to use in a combat mission will auto-deploy them to that Territory.
  • I made this guide for my guild:
    g2njgbmzx5jz.jpg
  • The opening post has a point though, in my guild just deploying to phase 1 would net all necessary TB points to 3 star. Doing combat missions really was more for fun and for indivisual ranking I guess. And to learn the mechanics of the missions as the combat points will be needed at some point even for my guild.
  • So next phase when we do a ship battle does that mean the character will be unavailable for a combat or special mission? Basically does doing a ship battle use up both the ship and character?
  • No. Pilot and ship are separate for deployment purposes.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    So is everyone using their best team first, then second best, and so on? Or trying to use balanced squads?

And does there seem to be a ramping up of of difficulty...i.e. are the missions in Territory 2B harder than 2A?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thanks this makes a big difference in strategy
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I was wondering the same thing - glad it doesn't count as both unit and ship.
  • Since there only appears to be three regular combat missions per tier, is it fair to say that, until your guild is starting on ROLO, each member should be putting together 3 full (light side) squads to complete the combat missions?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Well, we were lead to believe by the videos that it doesn't deploy the pilot...but maybe we'll find out soon enough if that was wrong.
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Well, we were lead to believe by the videos that it doesn't deploy the pilot...but maybe we'll find out soon enough if that was wrong.

This. We honestly have no idea until it opens up in 21 hours. Considering the things that have changed from the Game Changers' videos to the actual release, I would suggest one thing...

tenor.gif