Patience Is a Virtue

Replies

• Overall the rollout has been 100% better than i expected... are there problems... of course, however, these issues are only really affecting us veterans...and we can survive it, we've been through worse and have the scars to prove it.

On the other hand...

Most guilds should be able to reach the power generator & have a few guild members that can clear the ROLO battle thus demonstating to others that there is some low hanging fruit and its not to terribly difficult to get!

Although the vast majority of us on the forums know this by now, we represent a small portion of the millions of players in GOH and by demonstrating how easy it is for everyone to get ROLO shards (and eventually CLS) it is attainable and gives hope to players... unlike sucking away all hope like General Kenobi attainability did. (Been playing since Nov 15' and still have 0 GK shards) this factor alone will be the driving force behind TB popularity.
  • No I didn’t forget about Heroes Journey, but I also remember the epic fail TB’s has been at launch? Did they take back August then proceed to hand it straight back to the people who wanted to keep hold of August, seems like it to me.

On a side not my CLS is beyond brilliant.

I mean I still want to get to make august jokes for another year.

• I'm just sick of Rebels everything man. They have release bugs and game glitches, it's software and when has that NOT happened? Anybody ever played a console game or computer game that didn't have updates? I'm just so incredibly tired of Rebels Rebels Rebels Rebels Rebels... they are like every other meta and sometimes two in a row. There ARE other factions in the swg galaxy. Perhaps people wouldn't be so eager for CG to rush things if it wasn't because it's standing in the way of content they have waited for, for much LONGER. How many characters have been released and updated yet Grevious sits by like a pile of scrap? Hardest character to get in the game, still scrap.

Dude these are thematic battles. DS will have their time in the sun, most probably on Endor.
    But it is what it is, when the DS theme comes by the LS people will complain as well.
  • Because most players could give 2 droids & a boy about the obstacles us veterans & whales have... other than the chat being jacked up, i dont see anything that really affects new/low lv players and thats the real goal of TB (to hook them) and building the base is what ultimately benifits us vets & whales in the long run...

So take a deep breath, consult your anger ally on the forums and watch this

https://youtu.be/lAgPsmTxBfc
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Except then ppl are going to complain that nothing new is happening. Theyre in a lose lose. Also its hard to compare vg development to other things especially a tv show.

True the mediums are quite different, but releasing content that isn't ready is definitely what both my example and this release have in common.

I agree and disagree about your first point. At least a certain percentage are always going to complain, so there's that (and I don't know how to help them.) Now for the large majority they complain when the game becomes stale, and this is usual what happens before they move on. I was kind of in this camp, although honestly the CLS was the best of the events that we'd recently seen, and while I was bummed I didn't get to do it all this time I recognize that's how it goes and I'll catch it next time. As far as the rest of the game I would have to say that the devs kind of painted themselves into a corner. Releasing nothing but power-creep toons behind paywalls might make lots of money, but it does make the game more and more stale as old content becomes trivial and arena becomes whether you've collected or paid for all of the most recent toons. If you have you win and get richer, if you don't you lose and get poorer. Sure there are workarounds and anti-meta squads and ways to develop in HAAT, but what can't be argued is that it is much harder and slower (which will put you behind on progression.) So you either have the meta toons or you grind from the bottom and get further behind. Its boring, whether you're winning or losing.

TB was probably released because they're just not seeing as much spending and growth of the player base as they used to, and why would they? If you're not a longtime free to play or a whale, you're not likely to get anywhere in the game anytime soon, and power creep makes the gap between players larger and larger.

I talked to a friend the other day about his two accounts, and asked him why he chose to "whale out" on his newer account, and leave his older account largely f2p. Its easier to stay ahead when you just get way ahead from the beginning. The game doesn't reward the patience and dedicated farming that many on this forum tout will be the answer, it rewards those who have been playing long enough to have a decent amount of the toons released and spenders... Your strategy and thoughts on how to progress largely don't matter, which is just boring.
  • Any non-trivial software project is _always_ late, buggy, and troublesome at first. Always. It's fine to say "you should stick to timelines and fix bugs before release!!" but it's impossible to do both, and no for-profit company (nor its users) will tolerate waiting for perfection. But it turns out that releasing buggy software slightly too early actually helps get the problems fixed sooner, because you _will_ hear about all the bugs once it's released into the world.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    skywhopper wrote: »
    Any non-trivial software project is _always_ late, buggy, and troublesome at first. Always. It's fine to say "you should stick to timelines and fix bugs before release!!" but it's impossible to do both, and no for-profit company (nor its users) will tolerate waiting for perfection. But it turns out that releasing buggy software slightly too early actually helps get the problems fixed sooner, because you _will_ hear about all the bugs once it's released into the world.
    I don't think people who haven't worked in the field of software design and QA really appreciate how true this is.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • True but when you are a big software company and this game is your golden goose, you use these people called "playtesters" who work for cheap and can play the game for you before you actually release it. These are not hidden bugs that rarely happen, these are obvious, playability bugs that play testing should have ferreted out. No excuse for that, other than they rushed the release. Take a guess why...
    skywhopper wrote: »
    Any non-trivial software project is _always_ late, buggy, and troublesome at first. Always. It's fine to say "you should stick to timelines and fix bugs before release!!" but it's impossible to do both, and no for-profit company (nor its users) will tolerate waiting for perfection. But it turns out that releasing buggy software slightly too early actually helps get the problems fixed sooner, because you _will_ hear about all the bugs once it's released into the world.

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    @Nikoms565 is the voice of reason now? Is this opposite day? :lol:

No, but really, kudos sir! This was the same thing I thought when servers went down this morning. I would have rather waited a few more days and had no issues.

Now, Chewie shards anyone?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 is the voice of reason now? Is this opposite day? :lol:

No, but really, kudos sir! This was the same thing I thought when servers went down this morning. I would have rather waited a few more days and had no issues.

Now, Chewie shards anyone?

I'm the voice of reason in this thread...it's like a split personality thing. I'm ranting and raving in some of the others. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    True but when you are a big software company and this game is your golden goose, you use these people called "playtesters" who work for cheap and can play the game for you before you actually release it. These are not hidden bugs that rarely happen, these are obvious, playability bugs that play testing should have ferreted out. No excuse for that, other than they rushed the release.
    Like I said, this is the attitude of those who have never worked in software development or QA. People tend to have a drastically oversimplified view of what it takes to find and correct issues that doesn't often match up with reality.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • @Daddyngo007 ... there was this thing... WW1 big push to use this stuff called mustard gas ASAP... so they did just that... in the first few battlefield uses of it, the german troops that deployed it had no clue the wind would blow it right back on them... this resulted in issuing troops gasmasks... on both sides...

Things rarely go according to an individual's plan on a massive scale, as far as the developers of mustard gas were concerned, it was a huge success, it killed a lotta people, just not the intended ones.

Morale of the story, nothing revolutionary is ever perfect and no amount of planing, research, debugging, testing, etc... will ever remedy this... history has repeated it time and time time again.

So stop whining please and adapt. Thats what seperates the wheat from the chaff, chump.
  • No matter how long the wait is for an update, I think every single game that comes out, throughout history, has at least one bug or glitch, no matter how long the development.
  • This is not an "attitude", these are facts. I used to work as a playtester when I was younger and if done properly, the obvious bugs we are seeing should have been observed and corrected. Instead, CG rushes the game out so they can make more on packs, etc. and figures they will fix bugs as players observe them. Gimme a break.
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    True but when you are a big software company and this game is your golden goose, you use these people called "playtesters" who work for cheap and can play the game for you before you actually release it. These are not hidden bugs that rarely happen, these are obvious, playability bugs that play testing should have ferreted out. No excuse for that, other than they rushed the release.
    Like I said, this is the attitude of those who have never worked in software development or QA. People tend to have a drastically oversimplified view of what it takes to find and correct issues that doesn't often match up with reality.

• Maztoras wrote: »
    No matter how long the wait is for an update, I think every single game that comes out, throughout history, has at least one bug or glitch, no matter how long the development.

I think we're talking about more than one bug with this release...
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a combination of an "I told you so" and a backhanded defense of the development team, the current state of the game is why people really need to relax about releases and their stated timelines and allow the developers time to make sure new releases/updates are good and ready.

First, the release was a day "late". And people had stroke - about banked energy, etc.

But then they rushed it out and it dropped last night....sort of. Packs were available (CHS packs-so you could get him to 5* in time!!) - but TB themselves were still closed.

Then this morning, it hit...but you had game crashes and sever maintenance starting an hour after TB went live. Then, there are the issues/bugs(?)/changes surrounding LS ships, 5* vs. 7* requirements for special missions.

Also, there are currently several major bugs with guild chat, missing CHS shards, and gear crafting that doesn't work.

This is part of the reason I wish people wouldn't push so hard for timelines. I'd rather have a game that actually works then a release rushed out several days before it was ready. So in the future, please just let the development team do their job - so we can actually play. Instead of spending hours on the forums complaining and waiting for hotfixes and server maintenance. :)

You sound as if community opinion has any influence on what CG does. The one and only influencer is and has always been the almighty $
  • This is not an "attitude", these are facts. I used to work as a playtester when I was younger and if done properly, the obvious bugs we are seeing should have been observed and corrected. Instead, CG rushes the game out so they can make more on packs, etc. and figures they will fix bugs as players observe them. Gimme a break.

CG did that? There was an outrage on these forums/reddit, people FLIPPED OUT when they announced the release got delayed.
    People flipping out was also the reason why they changed the phases from 12 hours to 24 hours, and yet we are already seeing people complaining that they are "bored".
    You just can't please people around here. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The problem is CG tries to keep everything so close to the vest that they don't allow enough people to test. They make money by springing things on us with not enough time to plan so we spend more money. Instead of opening things up to be tested by a mass audience they only do small scale testing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    McBee wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a combination of an "I told you so" and a backhanded defense of the development team, the current state of the game is why people really need to relax about releases and their stated timelines and allow the developers time to make sure new releases/updates are good and ready.

First, the release was a day "late". And people had stroke - about banked energy, etc.

But then they rushed it out and it dropped last night....sort of. Packs were available (CHS packs-so you could get him to 5* in time!!) - but TB themselves were still closed.

Then this morning, it hit...but you had game crashes and sever maintenance starting an hour after TB went live. Then, there are the issues/bugs(?)/changes surrounding LS ships, 5* vs. 7* requirements for special missions.

Also, there are currently several major bugs with guild chat, missing CHS shards, and gear crafting that doesn't work.

This is part of the reason I wish people wouldn't push so hard for timelines. I'd rather have a game that actually works then a release rushed out several days before it was ready. So in the future, please just let the development team do their job - so we can actually play. Instead of spending hours on the forums complaining and waiting for hotfixes and server maintenance. :)

You sound as if community opinion has any influence on what CG does. The one and only influencer is and has always been the almighty $

Let's be fair - that's clearly not true. In regards to TB, they extended the window from 12 to 24 hours.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • If you seriously believe that CG rushed TB out because people on a forum were complaining, then I have a bridge to sell you. LOL
    This is not an "attitude", these are facts. I used to work as a playtester when I was younger and if done properly, the obvious bugs we are seeing should have been observed and corrected. Instead, CG rushes the game out so they can make more on packs, etc. and figures they will fix bugs as players observe them. Gimme a break.

CG did that? There was an outrage on these forums/reddit, people FLIPPED OUT when they announced the release got delayed.
    People flipping out was also the reason why they changed the phases from 12 hours to 24 hours, and yet we are already seeing people complaining that they are "bored".
    You just can't please people around here. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• If you seriously believe that CG rushed TB out because people on a forum were complaining, then I have a bridge to sell you. LOL

Yes, I do. That's also the reason why they changed the phases from 12 hours to 24 hours.
    You can send the bridge my way.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

+1
  • Updates coming:
    9t27wv8kri30.gif

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Updates coming:
    9t27wv8kri30.gif

Salute!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Updates coming:
    9t27wv8kri30.gif

Thank you. And I am humbled.

• Get off EA and CG back, they are kicking major rear. We got our 1st battles under our belts (assuming all three stars) for many of you. They can't simulate all of us making microtranactions at the same time across the globe. So many dynamic parts.. i applaude them.

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Broulan wrote: »
    That's a bit of overstatement don't you think? Assuming everyone who doesn't share your view is irregular, irrational, and "lunatics" is not only a stretch, its downright insulting. I am most certainly not in a fit, but came to the forums to read up on the changes, found this thread, and felt like providing a yet unrepresented dissenting opinion. I'm not sure where in my language you found me to be any of those character traits you described...

Not an overstatement to say that people completely losing their minds, typing everything in all caps, hurling insults, calling the devs immoral, accusing them of being liars, demanding free stuff, rage quitting, threatening, and saying this is the worst thing that has ever happened... because a videogame update was a day late... is acting like a lunatic. That's the type of behavior I was referring to, and I've seen that and worse this time around, and in times past when there have been problems with the game.

So, if you came here for a calm, and dispassionate discussion then this wasn't aimed at you. In fact you may notice I didn't name you in my post. That's how you can tell. Also, I don't assume everyone who doesn't share my views is out of their minds. You are making broad assumptions about me by saying that, and I could easily chose to be insulted. I DO, however, think people, "who act like lunatics," (doing all the things I mentioned above including name calling, rage quitting, etc) are, "the problem," in that their behavior discourages the devs from giving us any information at all. Those were my exact words, and a broader interpretation of them since you missed the point entirely.

Most people just don't want to hear a date, have it delayed, and then still have buggy content. Sure delays happen, but a professional organization can't afford to delay, postpone, and experience product failures (bugs) with such frequency and with something like TB which is a content release not likely to be rivaled within 2017. If this game wasn't Star Wars related I doubt it would be nearly as successful as it it, and many of you who don't share my viewpoint are likely blinded by what is one of the most loved franchises in the cinema and gaming industries. Just because its Star Wars related doesn't mean that the devs and creators of this game don't have to live up to some standard. They don't have to live up to a standard because people continue to pay for buggy, lacking content that is release behind schedule.

Lets use another example. Say you have a show that you love and enjoy watching. They release a trailer for an upcoming episode and say: "tune in Wednesday at 6 pm". What do you do? You tune in at 6 pm, only to see the episode is delayed. Ok, fine, I'll tune in again on Thursday. Thursday comes and of the 22ish minutes of the episode that aren't commercials, some of it has disjointed conversation, incomplete animations, and 3 minutes of a blank screen. Are you a lunatic for thinking that this episode shouldn't have been announced and released?

I agree that most people want everything to work correctly. And it's totally reasonable be annoyed when things aren't working. But this game is a different animal than a TV show. That's a drastic oversimplification. Can you program new content of this kind, and get it to interact with the existing program, and perform perfectly on millions of people's different devices of all kinds knowing that tinkering with one single character can screw everything up let alone adding an entirely new game mode?

Occasional problems are going to happen. It's not a game that you make perfect, and get to work perfectly on a stable, uniformed console, then sell in a static, mass production format. Its certainly not a TV show. Its a massive, constantly evolving, and growing creature with millions of moving parts interacting, and it has to be accessible every single second of every day. Thinking it won't glitch a bit is a totally unreasonable expectation. And from what my programmer friends/relatives have said, pushing out an update of this kind that has been tested to death in house may still not work right once it's put out en mass to the wider public. Knowing every conceivable issue is impossible.

Now if you want it glitch free, it wouldn't be unreasonable for EA to completely shut down the servers, make the needed updates, test them, then bring everything back up when new content comes out. Some might like that better. I personally don't mind that there was a little delay while the devs did open heart surgery on a conscious patient. And as someone who has been playing since December of 2015, I can say that everything not working is VERY rare. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been totally locked out due to technical issues. That's a pretty decent standard to me.
    I would much rather have content created, screened, tested, and perfected before it is announced, and that is the point I think most of you arguing for patience are missing. I'm not in fits or going crazy over it, but I prefer when something is announced and released that it just be ready. Otherwise just continue to develop the content until it is ready. Sadly with the amount of money spent on the game the bottom line will likely win this argument, and content delays and early announcements only serve to prep anticipation and spending.

I understand your thinking here, but I absolutely, totally, and completely disagree (respectfully). Massive content additions to an existing game is tinkering with something people are attached to. Many of us want to know about it, and letting us see what gets made allows us to give input that can improve things. This game mode was changed from 12 hours to 24 hours in response to community feedback of previews. That change has been MASSIVELY helpful to me personally. Not getting player feedback on mods when they were introduced nearly destroyed my guild. It can lead to very angry customers who hate how something has been altered.

And your reasoning that sharing info is only a ploy to, "prep anticipation and spending," I find to be very flawed. As much as people griped about needing Phoenix for Thrawn, and how that was rolled out... it's a fact that ANY player who was at least at the level cap (a couple months in) could get him at 5* totally free BECAUSE they not only gave us advanced info, but also gave double drops on needed toons. They could have plopped that on us with Zero warning, and most people would have been totally cut out of that. But I managed to get him 7* totally free because I had a few extra resources lying around, and because they gave us info ahead of time. I dare say most people on the forum wanted more advanced notice, not less.

Also people just get bored. The number of massive changes are few and far between. Many people are on the forum because we enjoy the game, and are excited to learn what's next. If you aren't interested in the labor you don't have to look here for info. Just wait for the baby to drop. But it's here for those of us that love being in the loop.

So those are just some of the reasons why I like being informed about what's going on. But the more info they give out, and the earlier they do it, the more likely things will have to be retracted. You might not be in fits over it, but many are. Those are the ones I'm talking about. The ones that aren't speaking about the devs with basic human decency because tearing the game apart, and putting it back together took a day longer than the devs guessed, and was down for like an hour when they finished. I very much hope people like you keep giving feedback to the devs in a respectful way. And I hope they can have patience as the devs are doing something most of the people complaining are incapable of doing themselves. But to the hot heads, I hope they learn patience.

PS: As I right this I just got a ton of apology swag from the devs, because they're awesome.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    That's a bit of overstatement don't you think? Assuming everyone who doesn't share your view is irregular, irrational, and "lunatics" is not only a stretch, its downright insulting. I am most certainly not in a fit, but came to the forums to read up on the changes, found this thread, and felt like providing a yet unrepresented dissenting opinion. I'm not sure where in my language you found me to be any of those character traits you described...

Not an overstatement to say that people completely losing their minds, typing everything in all caps, hurling insults, calling the devs immoral, accusing them of being liars, demanding free stuff, rage quitting, threatening, and saying this is the worst thing that has ever happened... because a videogame update was a day late... is acting like a lunatic. That's the type of behavior I was referring to, and I've seen that and worse this time around, and in times past when there have been problems with the game.

So, if you came here for a calm, and dispassionate discussion then this wasn't aimed at you. In fact you may notice I didn't name you in my post. That's how you can tell. Also, I don't assume everyone who doesn't share my views is out of their minds. You are making broad assumptions about me by saying that, and I could easily chose to be insulted. I DO, however, think people, "who act like lunatics," (doing all the things I mentioned above including name calling, rage quitting, etc) are, "the problem," in that their behavior discourages the devs from giving us any information at all. Those were my exact words, and a broader interpretation of them since you missed the point entirely.

Most people just don't want to hear a date, have it delayed, and then still have buggy content. Sure delays happen, but a professional organization can't afford to delay, postpone, and experience product failures (bugs) with such frequency and with something like TB which is a content release not likely to be rivaled within 2017. If this game wasn't Star Wars related I doubt it would be nearly as successful as it it, and many of you who don't share my viewpoint are likely blinded by what is one of the most loved franchises in the cinema and gaming industries. Just because its Star Wars related doesn't mean that the devs and creators of this game don't have to live up to some standard. They don't have to live up to a standard because people continue to pay for buggy, lacking content that is release behind schedule.

Lets use another example. Say you have a show that you love and enjoy watching. They release a trailer for an upcoming episode and say: "tune in Wednesday at 6 pm". What do you do? You tune in at 6 pm, only to see the episode is delayed. Ok, fine, I'll tune in again on Thursday. Thursday comes and of the 22ish minutes of the episode that aren't commercials, some of it has disjointed conversation, incomplete animations, and 3 minutes of a blank screen. Are you a lunatic for thinking that this episode shouldn't have been announced and released?

I agree that most people want everything to work correctly. And it's totally reasonable be annoyed when things aren't working. But this game is a different animal than a TV show. That's a drastic oversimplification. Can you program new content of this kind, and get it to interact with the existing program, and perform perfectly on millions of people's different devices of all kinds knowing that tinkering with one single character can screw everything up let alone adding an entirely new game mode?

Occasional problems are going to happen. It's not a game that you make perfect, and get to work perfectly on a stable, uniformed console, then sell in a static, mass production format. Its certainly not a TV show. Its a massive, constantly evolving, and growing creature with millions of moving parts interacting, and it has to be accessible every single second of every day. Thinking it won't glitch a bit is a totally unreasonable expectation. And from what my programmer friends/relatives have said, pushing out an update of this kind that has been tested to death in house may still not work right once it's put out en mass to the wider public. Knowing every conceivable issue is impossible.

Now if you want it glitch free, it wouldn't be unreasonable for EA to completely shut down the servers, make the needed updates, test them, then bring everything back up when new content comes out. Some might like that better. I personally don't mind that there was a little delay while the devs did open heart surgery on a conscious patient. And as someone who has been playing since December of 2015, I can say that everything not working is VERY rare. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been totally locked out due to technical issues. That's a pretty decent standard to me.
    I would much rather have content created, screened, tested, and perfected before it is announced, and that is the point I think most of you arguing for patience are missing. I'm not in fits or going crazy over it, but I prefer when something is announced and released that it just be ready. Otherwise just continue to develop the content until it is ready. Sadly with the amount of money spent on the game the bottom line will likely win this argument, and content delays and early announcements only serve to prep anticipation and spending.

I understand your thinking here, but I absolutely, totally, and completely disagree (respectfully). Massive content additions to an existing game is tinkering with something people are attached to. Many of us want to know about it, and letting us see what gets made allows us to give input that can improve things. This game mode was changed from 12 hours to 24 hours in response to community feedback of previews. That change has been MASSIVELY helpful to me personally. Not getting player feedback on mods when they were introduced nearly destroyed my guild. It can lead to very angry customers who hate how something has been altered.

And your reasoning that sharing info is only a ploy to, "prep anticipation and spending," I find to be very flawed. As much as people griped about needing Phoenix for Thrawn, and how that was rolled out... it's a fact that ANY player who was at least at the level cap (a couple months in) could get him at 5* totally free BECAUSE they not only gave us advanced info, but also gave double drops on needed toons. They could have plopped that on us with Zero warning, and most people would have been totally cut out of that. But I managed to get him 7* totally free because I had a few extra resources lying around, and because they gave us info ahead of time. I dare say most people on the forum wanted more advanced notice, not less.

Also people just get bored. The number of massive changes are few and far between. Many people are on the forum because we enjoy the game, and are excited to learn what's next. If you aren't interested in the labor you don't have to look here for info. Just wait for the baby to drop. But it's here for those of us that love being in the loop.

So those are just some of the reasons why I like being informed about what's going on. But the more info they give out, and the earlier they do it, the more likely things will have to be retracted. You might not be in fits over it, but many are. Those are the ones I'm talking about. The ones that aren't speaking about the devs with basic human decency because tearing the game apart, and putting it back together took a day longer than the devs guessed, and was down for like an hour when they finished. I very much hope people like you keep giving feedback to the devs in a respectful way. And I hope they can have patience as the devs are doing something most of the people complaining are incapable of doing themselves. But to the hot heads, I hope they learn patience.

PS: As I right this I just got a ton of apology swag from the devs, because they're awesome.

I suppose I took it as you were talking about me because in this particular thread I was the only dissenting opinion up to that point. I do agree that getting as upset as you're talking about is being overly emotionally involved in a mobile game.

I don't mind sneak peeks at what's coming down the pipe either, but I just prefer when content is released that the date is firm and the content is at least reasonably tested. If it isn't ready then don't release it, and continue giving us sneak peeks...more on this later... This content was clearly not well vetted, since the bugs now include: solo contributions do not display correctly for combat missions (at least the total contribution does!), mods are being deleted if removed from TB deployed toons, guild chat doesn't work, and now some are reporting not receiving rewards from the older raids. The last one could be a reward grabbing hoax, so until more confirmation is received I don't think its worth addressing.

The one that really annoys me personally is the guild chat. That and the raid ticket bugs are just a clear sign that while they want community participation, developing a method of coordinating at the level required in game is just not a priority. I, like many, am in a guild that uses discord, as it is basically required. Should that really be required? Probably not. So when the already shoddy in-game chat goes down with a major release, I have to say that this release has not been properly screened and vetted. Sure I am amateurish in my understanding of game development, but it seems hard to argue that the one method of communication going down during the most involved community coordinated event to date is a serious issue directly related to gameplay. This is not a visual bug, or a bug regarding one specific interaction; those I would definitely call minor. This is a huge bug that seriously impacts the game and should have been tested before release. Other (probably newer/smaller) guilds not using third party chat applications would have been severely hindered by this bug (and will be if it persists through future phases) by a lack of ability to communicate.

The last issue, which I am sort of an outsider looking in, is of course the 5-7* requirement upgrade for Captain Han Solo. I didn't buy the pack and I'm not even farming him currently (I'm on the Old Ben kick still for 20 or so more shards) so I don't really have a dog in the fight, per se, but being a player leaves me at least somewhat partial I will admit. Either way my feelings on this are skewed towards those who are a bit more loud and argumentative in their complaints. The sneak peek footage of what was to come clearly stated a 5* CHS was required, and no further information was given. After that the pack was released before the content was opened, and once the content was opened of course (by clicking on the phase-no datamining required) the requirement was upped to 7*. While I can't speak for you, I am assuming you probably wouldn't like this either. Clearer communication between the devs and the community could've prevented people from buying the pack who can't really get their money's worth. Many people I know bought the pack with the understanding their CHS could be used this week, and now it seems that it will be many weeks before their character meets the requirements.

If the 7* CHS requirement stands I don't really know what to call it other than money grabbing. And if I were one of these game changers who release these videos, I would promptly quit. Whether or not it is illegal marketing or whatever else is pretty irrelevant, it is hard to deny that it is at the very least deceitful and using this game changers team to get people to buy packs they likely would not have bought otherwise.

Lastly I do appreciate a calm and rational discussion @JacenRoe , and to people on both sides of the fence who are getting loud, rude, or whatever else please try to keep it a little more civil-it is just a mobile video game.
  • Broulan wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »

I suppose I took it as you were talking about me because in this particular thread I was the only dissenting opinion up to that point. I do agree that getting as upset as you're talking about is being overly emotionally involved in a mobile game.

I don't mind sneak peeks at what's coming down the pipe either, but I just prefer when content is released that the date is firm and the content is at least reasonably tested. If it isn't ready then don't release it, and continue giving us sneak peeks...more on this later... This content was clearly not well vetted, since the bugs now include: solo contributions do not display correctly for combat missions (at least the total contribution does!), mods are being deleted if removed from TB deployed toons, guild chat doesn't work, and now some are reporting not receiving rewards from the older raids. The last one could be a reward grabbing hoax, so until more confirmation is received I don't think its worth addressing.

The one that really annoys me personally is the guild chat. That and the raid ticket bugs are just a clear sign that while they want community participation, developing a method of coordinating at the level required in game is just not a priority. I, like many, am in a guild that uses discord, as it is basically required. Should that really be required? Probably not. So when the already shoddy in-game chat goes down with a major release, I have to say that this release has not been properly screened and vetted. Sure I am amateurish in my understanding of game development, but it seems hard to argue that the one method of communication going down during the most involved community coordinated event to date is a serious issue directly related to gameplay. This is not a visual bug, or a bug regarding one specific interaction; those I would definitely call minor. This is a huge bug that seriously impacts the game and should have been tested before release. Other (probably newer/smaller) guilds not using third party chat applications would have been severely hindered by this bug (and will be if it persists through future phases) by a lack of ability to communicate.

The last issue, which I am sort of an outsider looking in, is of course the 5-7* requirement upgrade for Captain Han Solo. I didn't buy the pack and I'm not even farming him currently (I'm on the Old Ben kick still for 20 or so more shards) so I don't really have a dog in the fight, per se, but being a player leaves me at least somewhat partial I will admit. Either way my feelings on this are skewed towards those who are a bit more loud and argumentative in their complaints. The sneak peek footage of what was to come clearly stated a 5* CHS was required, and no further information was given. After that the pack was released before the content was opened, and once the content was opened of course (by clicking on the phase-no datamining required) the requirement was upped to 7*. While I can't speak for you, I am assuming you probably wouldn't like this either. Clearer communication between the devs and the community could've prevented people from buying the pack who can't really get their money's worth. Many people I know bought the pack with the understanding their CHS could be used this week, and now it seems that it will be many weeks before their character meets the requirements.

If the 7* CHS requirement stands I don't really know what to call it other than money grabbing. And if I were one of these game changers who release these videos, I would promptly quit. Whether or not it is illegal marketing or whatever else is pretty irrelevant, it is hard to deny that it is at the very least deceitful and using this game changers team to get people to buy packs they likely would not have bought otherwise.

Lastly I do appreciate a calm and rational discussion @JacenRoe , and to people on both sides of the fence who are getting loud, rude, or whatever else please try to keep it a little more civil-it is just a mobile video game.

I'm glad we can be civil. Especially since I totally agree with some of your issues. The guild ticket issue has dragged on forever. That needs to be fixed immediately, and there was a big petition put out signed by every major guild begging to handle that. Way overdue.

And the issue with captain Han being required is a problem. I made a post asking if that was a bug or intentional. I don't fault the devs for trying to make money. But if they showed everyone through official channels of communication (the game changers program videos) that he was needed at 5*, and then jacked it up to 7* required after likely tens of thousands of dollars (if not hundreds of thousands) were spent to get him to 5*.... that would be very shady. I hope it's a bug since I would be terribly disappointed in the devs over that.

But all in all this is a better game than it was 21 months ago, and increased dev communication has helped make that happen. I just want to see reasonableness displayed even in criticism so that the communication continues.
This discussion has been closed.