Need advise for a Resistance team

So, I have been having a lot of problems in GW since the calculation for opponents changed (at least seemed to change...) anywho.. I have also been hearing a lot that Resistance is the way to go and watched a youtube video where the opponents never even got an opportunity to attack. So my question to all the wise people here is: given my resistance characters. Which characters do I want to use and what do I need to focus on and at which levels would I be starting to get a "good enough"-ish team together. Would be good to be able to farm Tier III Speed Mod challenges as well, but I guess that will come automatically...

TL/DR: Given these characters what do I need to do to get a decent enough Resistance team together for GW and Tier III Speed Mod -farming:

res.jpg

Replies

• me too!!! GW has been very difficult lately
  • Zfinn(L)/poe/r2/Rtrooper/Rpilot

Rey is nice for more damage output but r2 will help keep you alive with stuns and invis. work on poe and Rtrooper and Finn first, and speed mods arent necessarily what you want. Potency is a big deal, you will want to maximize your potency on your exposers.
  • Thanks. Will put Rey on hold then. And try to get some decent potency mods (speed was more mentioned in passing since I can't beat Tier III, completionist problems...). Since Trooper is only 3 stars, would he work if I get the gear level up. Or do I need more stars before I have a starting team? And also, would zFinn work at 5*?
  • I don't use r2 with my resistance team, I also used a zeta on Rey so she can daze those toons that counter. Makes quick work of Dooku and Fives. ZFinn will be great at any level. Potency mods will also help significantly if you are the highest levels yet.
  • If this is JUST for GW, you could probably make a 5* zFinn work. Of course, higher gear the better. Gear is more important on tanks. Trooper at 3 would be tougher, as attackers gain more attacking power from stars.
    You didn't share your roster, but if you have Sith you might consider a DN lead Sith team. I use it for the majoriy of the GW nodes, and it allows me to save my Rebel squad for the tougher areas.
  • Thank you all for replying. And it's mostly intended for GW, maybe for TB as well. I have three teams that can pretty much make it through the first 10 sometimes 11 nodes on their own. But then when I run into something with CLS, R2, Nihilus, GK and Thrawn (as of today naturally with 2 G12). I need more teams to keep chipping away at them. So I thought I could complement my current ones with a Resistance team and hope for the best.

I'll keep farming Trooper, gear and 15 more Zetas for Finn then before I start trying them out.
  • Also, a Zeta on R2's number crunch helps boost potency by quite a bit