Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements - UPDATE 9/1/17

Prev13456
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
CG_Carrie wrote: »
I wanted to take some time to let you know that after extensive internal discussion, we have decided to change the requirements for Captain Han Solo and Hoth Rebel Soldier on the Territory Battle Phase 3 Special Mission node from 7-stars to 5-stars.
Let me explain why.
We often tune upcoming releases and features until the day of release. After the Game Changers previewed Territory Battles, we made some tuning changes. We did not communicate the changes we made to you (the players) or them, and we want to make sure that we support the Game Changers in their efforts. In the future, we will partner with them to make it more clear when footage is still subject to change.
However, because we did not call this out explicitly in advance, and we have to have the same star requirement for all required characters in one phase, we are making this change to both characters on this node. Hoth Rebel Soldier is a requirement elsewhere in Territory Battles, but a 7* version of him is no longer a requirement to obtain Rebel Officer Leia Organa shards.
I hope it’s clear that we do listen and, while it is not always possible for us to explain every detail of our decision-making – nor follow every suggestion or point of feedback provided by the players -- we do strive to strike a healthy balance and explain the things we can. We are deeply invested in our community and appreciate the support and loyalty. We work to honor this relationship and appreciate your ongoing commitment.
We hope you enjoy the remainder of your Territory Battle, the holiday weekend (those of you in the US), and we’ll see you on the Holotables.
-Carrie
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber

Replies

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Thanks a lot. I've just spent a fortune to get Capt Han to 7 stars.

I could have done it over time through cantina for 100s less.
  • Options
    Amateur
  • Options
    Thank you devs for listening to the player base, and thank you for everything in the last month as it must of been stressful and frustrating.
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »

People complain about the 7* requirement, now they are going to complain about changing it back. When will it end?!
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Awesome and totally the right thing to do for the community
    The dev team has excelled lately
  • Options
    Thank you, 1 hard node farm for Hoth Soldier presented a bleak vacuum of empty rewards. We're back to what was expected/fits phase 3 of the TB.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Second. We constantly complain on them, we should give credit where credit is due. Plus, those 500 crystals and Hoth soldier shards though lol
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs
    I definitely do not envy the job you two have here but whoever got the discussions rolling want to say thank you. Been playing not quite since launch and this is the first time I'd say someone gets it.
  • Options
    yup, there goes all that effort to 7* Han...
  • Options
    Appreciate the team listening to the user community. This is good news
  • Options
    Thank you. This is a great first step forward. Really not trying to be a negative Nancy - but it's ok to respond to player base when there isn't an uproar. We re all in this community together we all share the similar goal of a great game. Let's mend this let's get better for eachother. Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    Thanks for listening. TB as a whole has been amazing. I feel my enjoyment of the game has increased. This decision has removed the dark cloud that had hung over it.
  • Options
    Good stuff, thanks!!
  • Options
    As someone who posted many times in the clarification thread, I just want to take a moment to thank you guys (especially those on the front lines) for working to get this change made, it was the right thing to do and glad you did so. Hopefully you guys now get to enjoy the holiday weekend!
  • Options
    Thank you for listening to your players this does restore some faith and I believe makes things a lot better for TB being able to farm ROLO a lot earlier making TB for everyone!!
  • Options
    Fair play, some bumpy responses by devs yesterday, but the right decision today and thank you.
  • Options
    Lol, half thank you. I already have Hoth Rebel Soldier to 7 stars, but Capt Solo only 4 stars. j/k

You guys do a great job overall. Lol, I don't envy you guys having to deal with the volume of angst that you have to deal with.
  • GoodOlMaurice
    59 posts Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yeaaahhh booooy
  • Options
    Spent a fortune to 7* han so some of my guildmates can get some ROLO shards.
  • Options
    Thanks for doing the right thing
  • Options
    It makes me feel better about the humanity of the folks at CG. Thanks!
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    ye7z1cw.gif
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Honestly wow. Thank you so much. This really makes me happy to hear that you listened to us all so quickly. Amazing job EA! Thank you for TB and allowing us to unlock rolo faster!

Can't explain the happiness
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the news!!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    What I don't understand is after the release of video's there were tons of post specifically calling out what was needed for TB phases and battles many people made nice charts and spread sheets, asked for dev comments on this stuff.
    Not one time did anyone with the CG_xxxxx come out and say "things in the video could change and all those "requirements" could change. I think there were plenty of opportunities before the actual release to clear the air and I hope in future clarification to all the speculation is given sooner rather than later.
    I understand that details can't be given a head of time however with lack of information players will turn to what ever they can as an official source.

Just my thoughts on it.
  • Options
    Fair play devs. Thumbs up!
  • Options
    ajh6037 wrote: »
    Tuscan21 wrote: »

People complain about the 7* requirement, now they are going to complain about changing it back. When will it end?!

I paid money to get those packs based solely on the 7 star requirement!!!

I've no doubt that there's thousands that have done the same.

We have the right to feel aggrieved about this U turn. P2P players are the reason F2P players get things like TB!

Anyone who bought those packs should be compensated.