Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements - UPDATE 9/1/17

Replies

• Thanks for this - we appreciate the huge amount of effort and communication over the last week especially!
  • This was the right thing to do.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Thank you very much for this. I firmly believe people should own up to their mistakes, and make them right just because it's the right thing to do. But I definitely understand that it wasn't easy to make this happen, and you have the appreciation of my guild.

Any reasonable person knows you have every right to put out content as you see fit, and to monetize it as well. Miscommunications can happen. And I'd go so far as to say 7* would have been a reasonable requirement if that's what was presented originally, or if you made a reasonable effort to let everyone know the new requirements BEFORE packs went on sale.

But since the mistake happened I'm very pleasantly surprised l that you addressed it directly, took responsibility, and handled it in a way that is fair to the customers. This is the right way to do things, and it will keep people comfortable spending with you.

Please keep up the amazing work that you do. Territory battles are awesome. It's very well done, and I'm thoroughly enjoying your work. Keep putting out this kind of work. And keep up the communication. As long as you act with this same integrity you'll never have any problems, and customer trust and support will grow.

Also, you can officially have August. I'm done with it.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @CG_Carrie I gotta say, your judgement, decision making, and the temperament of your well written promptly shared response all show that this game has been put in good hands. Thank you. I for one truly look forward to the direction your leadership will take things.
  • edit
  • Great job cg thank you for listening this really has been one of the best games/gaming experiences I've ever been involved in.
  • Thank you for doing the right thing for the community. I've been upset in the past with the way the company was treating us but this is showing good character and appreciation for the community. This is a very stand up thing you did and me personally I appreciate it alot. Also thank you for communicating with us like you have the past few days.
  • Credit where credit is do, good job
  • scuba wrote: »
    What I don't understand is after the release of video's there were tons of post specifically calling out what was needed for TB phases and battles many people made nice charts and spread sheets, asked for dev comments on this stuff.
    Not one time did anyone with the CG_xxxxx come out and say "things in the video could change and all those "requirements" could change. I think there were plenty of opportunities before the actual release to clear the air and I hope in future clarification to all the speculation is given sooner rather than later.
    I understand that details can't be given a head of time however with lack of information players will turn to what ever they can as an official source.

Just my thoughts on it.

I kinda of feel bad for the devs...they were trying to be forthcoming and give people notice via the videos like people wanted and got burned. Now, they are going to think twice about revealing information early or giving sneak previews, which is bad for the players.

I for one appreciate the review and change. They gave everyone 500 crystals and hoth solider shards and that is super generous in my view. I would have been "okay" with them sticking with the 7 star requirements but really really appreciate that they drop the requirements.

I would suggest that the Devs go through more "official" channels than the YT video guys. I appreciate that those guys exists but I think the bulk of the direct feedbacks come through here.
  • Well done...if you had left it at 7* Hoth Rebel Soldier requirement, then I would have totally bailed on Captain Han Solo at all...Now there is a reason to farm Captain Han Solo to 5*, so let's start!
  • We did it Reddit! CG, thanks for listening to us and taking our feedback into consideration.
  • Thanks!
  • <hand clap gif>
    Ooba hutar.
  • Tuscan21 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. I've just spent a fortune to get Capt Han to 7 stars.

I could have done it over time through cantina for 100s less.

Patience. The next phase wasnt for another 24 hours
  • Varlie wrote: »
    ye7z1cw.gif

^^
  • That was the right thing to do. Thank you for listening.
    Now we have another issue, I've a guild mate who spent 300$ to 7* Han because of the 7* requirement. Now that's back to 5*, what should he do with the 200$ from 5* to 7* ? It's tricky but it's the exact same scam at the opposite ...
  • Try not to swing back and forth, anger, to wow thank you CG, you are the best! It was a terrible money grab, and note that the capitulation came with no apology. As consumers venting your disapproval you won the day, nothing more.
    However I cannot be a complete curmudgeon, thank you to the Dev's who argued for our side, whoever you are.
  • Well done. Thank you! You really do work with the players of this game.
  • Thank you! This is great news, again, it's ok to change info day before as long as you keep communicating that requirements may change.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    What I don't understand is after the release of video's there were tons of post specifically calling out what was needed for TB phases and battles many people made nice charts and spread sheets, asked for dev comments on this stuff.
    Not one time did anyone with the CG_xxxxx come out and say "things in the video could change and all those "requirements" could change. I think there were plenty of opportunities before the actual release to clear the air and I hope in future clarification to all the speculation is given sooner rather than later.
    I understand that details can't be given a head of time however with lack of information players will turn to what ever they can as an official source.

Just my thoughts on it.

I kinda of feel bad for the devs...they were trying to be forthcoming and give people notice via the videos like people wanted and got burned. Now, they are going to think twice about revealing information early or giving sneak previews, which is bad for the players.

I for one appreciate the review and change. They gave everyone 500 crystals and hoth solider shards and that is super generous in my view. I would have been "okay" with them sticking with the 7 star requirements but really really appreciate that they drop the requirements.

I would suggest that the Devs go through more "official" channels than the YT video guys. I appreciate that those guys exists but I think the bulk of the direct feedbacks come through here.

I have no problem with the video's I for one don't believe anything is official till it is released till then it is all player speculation and conspiracy theory.

However stopping some of the speculation that comes out of these videos could have stopped/prevented the majority of this problem from the get go. Instead it just ramped up because silence is agreement and so many players thought they had all the answers for TB from the video's and data-mined info.
  • @CG_Carrie , @CG_RyDiggs
    Thank you for listening to us. I know some of us, myself included, got quite heated and said somethings that were out of line. I can't apologize for them, but I know I was out of line and I was chastised and I'll apologize again. You did the right thing by us here, and I personally do not expect any additional compensation, nor will I be pursuing a refund for the packs I bought. Special thanks to RyDiggs for taking the time last night to talk to me privately and assure that this would be looked at (without promising anything, but that was enough for me).

So again, Thank you for standing by us in this.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @CG_Carrie you are quite the best thing that ever happened in this game since...Well,launch, probably. Great communication.

edit: typo
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    4Zfqdl5.jpg

(but yes, thanks for listening. TB are great!! :smile: )
  • CryGonJinn
    402 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you for listening to the community and doing 'what's right.'

For the few that spent money to 7* Cholo, please be empathetic as the overwhelming majority do not have the resources to do so (and I bought both packs).

In this instance, EA listened to community feedback and deserve a 'thank you.'
  • Shouldn't have made the mistake in the first place. 5 stars was right from day one. By changing to 7 and now back to 5 you've made two mistakes.

They shouldn't be thanked for messing people around twice.

But, it's right that the requirements at 5 star in the end.

I'm annoyed
  • scuba wrote: »

Just my thoughts on it.

@scuba that's pretty much what they've said, am happy with that, you should be too. They've reverted to the advertised requirements.
  • I can actually see why the requirements were changed to seven stars. It puts ROLO more on par with a legendary toon. TB are a bit different, though. Not every guild will have more than a couple of ppl providing shards even at 5*. I applaud you for recognizing there was a communication error, though, and resolving it on the side of the player base.

Kudos
  • I think most of the community was unhappy not due to the 7* requirement, but due to the last minute nature of the change, the way the PR was handled on it, and the method in which the gamechangers seemed to be the scapegoats for the miscommunication. We appreciate your efforts to restore our faith.
  • Ewalken
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2017