Is ATF Worth Buying From Shard Store?

I'm working on a Rebel team right now (CLS, R2, Ezra, STHan, +1 more) is ATF worthy of filling the final spot? Just seems like she's an underwhelming toon, are there better options than her for my fifth slot?

Replies

• VirtraThrad
    444 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I've been wrecked by her in arena with a good CLS team. Pair her with people who generate several different buffs like Leia or chirut, and she can take on those buffs and then dispel them for tons of dmg. Plus she counters like a Mac truck thanks to CLS zeta leader.
  • I would say just farm her from fleet shipments. There will inevitably be another new character going to the shard shop eventually that u cannot farm any other way. Personally, Ill wait for someone that is way harder to farm normally (nihilous for example when he was in the shard shop)
  • I've been wrecked by her in arena with a good CLS team. Pair her with people who generate several different buffs like Leia or chirut, and she can take on those buffs and then dispel them for tons of dmg. Plus she counters like a Mac truck thanks to CLS zeta leader.

Add in the protection regain everytime she counters using her basic and she can be quite annoying too.
  • I'd say nah altogether. Who's shoe is she going to fill? The CLS team is OP without her. The only weakness is Zariss. Will ATF fix that? Heck no. She makes it worse.
  • Shes really common on fleet as well had her 4/5 refreshes so far. Not like grievous and Vader. So based on that its really not worth shard shop farming her. Save it for a char that's hard to get in the future
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I have had her for awhile and never found a lot of use until CLS. That being said.. she's a beast in a CLS rebel team (I don't run into any zbarriss teams). Zeta or bust tho.. I wouldn't run her without it.

I run her with Leia and OB tho more buffs and have her going last..
  • ThePenguin77
    186 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Zarris + GK lead counter her hard.
  • Interesting. So she works really well in a CLS team, but for the most part ppl still don't think her shards are worth Shard Store currency.
  • Sollos wrote: »
    I would say just farm her from fleet shipments. There will inevitably be another new character going to the shard shop eventually that u cannot farm any other way. Personally, Ill wait for someone that is way harder to farm normally (nihilous for example when he was in the shard shop)

This is exactly what I was going to say
  • I think zetas are more valuable than atf, so farming her from ship shop wouldn't be of value to me
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    I think zetas are more valuable than atf, so farming her from ship shop wouldn't be of value to me

I agree with this. Is JE an overall better choice for a CLS team, or does she JE benefit too much from her own lead to be of use elsewhere?
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    I think zetas are more valuable than atf, so farming her from ship shop wouldn't be of value to me

I agree with this. Is JE an overall better choice for a CLS team, or does she JE benefit too much from her own lead to be of use elsewhere?

I'd say it depends on if you're looking for a meta team or not. Some people enjoy making their own teams more than placing high with a cookie cutter team.

Personally, since CLS is counter based, I'd look for attackers and utility. Her basic isn't much for an attacker, and her utility goes as far as revive (which is too situational) and TM reduction (Zolo is better at this, R2 stun does the same thing, CLS does this, and so can Thrawn; all of which are much better offense and utility).

So, there are toons that do much better things than JE, if you don't have the ones listed, there might be better toons still like a strong attacker (Ezra, Wedge (assist CLS with stuns)) or better utility (a good tank).
    SwiftMooky wrote: »

I'd say it depends on if you're looking for a meta team or not. Some people enjoy making their own teams more than placing high with a cookie cutter team.

Personally, since CLS is counter based, I'd look for attackers and utility. Her basic isn't much for an attacker, and her utility goes as far as revive (which is too situational) and TM reduction (Zolo is better at this, R2 stun does the same thing, CLS does this, and so can Thrawn; all of which are much better offense and utility).

So, there are toons that do much better things than JE, if you don't have the ones listed, there might be better toons still like a strong attacker (Ezra, Wedge (assist CLS with stuns)) or better utility (a good tank).

What about Raid Han? I have him unlocked as well.
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »

Raid Han = Zolo. He is boss on a CLS team. Unlike ATF, his hits against a Zariss based team will do more damage than heals. Plus he can stun and increase your crit dmg. Better than aTF.

Raid Han = Zolo. He is boss on a CLS team. Unlike ATF, his hits against a Zariss based team will do more damage than heals. Plus he can stun and increase your crit dmg. Better than aTF.

Cool. I'll go with him then!!