Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements - UPDATE 9/1/17

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I understand that gameplay that we saw might not have been final and like you said it wasn't really marked as "work in progress", but did you really think that changing requirement from 5 stars to 7 would make us happy.

Pro tip: Next time show us that we need 7 stars characters/ships in the beta material and the change to 5 stars or sometnig like that, you will look much better.

Borderline diabolical staging of Beta builds?
    giphy.webp
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Thank you for listening to us and doing the right thing. Much appreciated.
  • @CG_Carrie thanks for listening! It's the right call
  • Why does the gp requirement keep changing on territory 2???
  • You did what you had to do. I can not applaud this decision, but it was the right one.

This whole fiasco was very distasteful. Letting people scramble to buy packs to reach 5*, knowing full well that 7* was required. I would mention the large number of mega threads that took up most of the front page, but I would not want to discuss forum moderation so I will not go there.

A basic tenet of ethics: if it feels wrong, like you are hiding something you would prefer people did not know, then it is probably wrong. In this case, details were being withheld not for the common practice of generating excitement upon the reveal, but with the intent of misinforming your customers. Both tactics boost sales, but only the former is acceptable. You can try to say that was not the case, but this is how your customers perceived it, and public perception is also a key component of business ethics. You must strive to build trust with your customers, as it is very hard to get back once broken. Broken trust has negated billion dollar contracts and destroyed many companies.

For what it is worth, I happen to think 7* should be the requirement for a premium raid reward character, but that is not what you led us to believe. I recognize your response and appreciate the change to 5* as an action you had to do so the business could continue. As such, it was the correct decision. I also appreciate the communication efforts regarding the situation. But praising these actions? I don't think so.

We are on shaky ground now. I hope future communication will strive to build both trust and excitement with the product developments to come.

On the bright side, the Territory Battles are so far an engaging and enjoyable game mode. New content is good!
  • I understand that gameplay that we saw might not have been final and like you said it wasn't really marked as "work in progress", but did you really think that changing requirement from 5 stars to 7 would make us happy.

Pro tip: Next time show us that we need 7 stars characters/ships in the beta material and the change to 5 stars or sometnig like that, you will look much better.

Borderline diabolical staging of Beta builds?
    giphy.webp

Sure, i can see only benefits for players or at least my guild >:)
    If they prepare for 7 stars and actually get it then they will be more than ready if only 5 stars is needed. **insert evil laughter**
  • Ben_Sunwalker
    351 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Oh man.
    I really wish all those people who spent yesterday complaining, saying "refund my money" or "you are all scammers" or "revert back to 5*" had to refund the crystals and the shards.
    It would be glorious, I say, glorious.
  • scuba wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    What I don't understand is after the release of video's there were tons of post specifically calling out what was needed for TB phases and battles many people made nice charts and spread sheets, asked for dev comments on this stuff.
    Not one time did anyone with the CG_xxxxx come out and say "things in the video could change and all those "requirements" could change. I think there were plenty of opportunities before the actual release to clear the air and I hope in future clarification to all the speculation is given sooner rather than later.
    I understand that details can't be given a head of time however with lack of information players will turn to what ever they can as an official source.

Just my thoughts on it.

scuba that's pretty much what they've said, am happy with that, you should be too. They've reverted to the advertised requirements.

I am neither happy nor mad about it.
    What they said and did has nothing to do with my comments or statement. I was giving advice on what they may consider doing in the future and that is stopping the rumors and speculation about specifics early on and not just letting it escalate like it did.

They made a mistake mate, we all do, they've taken steps to put it right so credit where it's due.
  • Thank you for using common sense and listening to your player base. This was 100% the right call. Having said that, if you are on this thread complaining that you shelled out hundreds to meet the ridiculous 7* requirements, that's on you. If you spent that money with everything still in flux that's on you. If you felt scorned by the devs, then fed them more money that's your fault for drinking the koolaid and making a knee **** reaction.
  • 5 stars always made more sense anyway. It's only phase 3, where everything else requires 4-star characters. A 5-star requirement is perfectly reasonable for a special mission at that stage. Nobody is complaining that 7-star Rogue One is required on the last phase, for example.
    Anyway, kudos on making things right. I even bought one of the awful value 1,299 crystal packs as a token of my appreciation.
  • You did what you had to do. I can not applaud this decision, but it was the right one.

You should have stopped there.
    On the bright side, the Territory Battles are so far an engaging and enjoyable game mode. New content is good!

Actually, this part is good too ;)
  • Thank you development team. I was harsh on my other profile, JG44D2, about the change. You did the right thing. Thank you again.

You should have stopped there.

Actually, this part is good too ;)

Yeah, probably. Lol
  • Thank you for the change. It is much appreciated.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Well done! Thanks ;)
  • Thx Devs for changing the 7* requirement to 5* of HRS and Captain Han Solo.
  • @CG_Carrie , Well done!
    The communication team has been talking about improvement time to time, and we didnt see anything like that.

You just came into the picture and *boom*.

Thank you for your communication, and pardon me for the heavily cynical and destructively critical comments.

@CG_RyDiggs , I want to thank you for your patience you showed when the whole community raged at the dev team.

I want to say sorry to you that I was angry to you without any relevant reason.

Dev team, I want you to know how much I appreciate that you understand that this was about more than just an issue with changed requirements.
    I also appreciate that you read our not-really-apropriate-toned comments.

I also want to thank you @Vampire_X , that I weren't penalized for breaking the rules. I am sorry for those incidences, I can promise that I will be more careful to avoid doing so in the future.

This instance is really important, because you stopped a bad practice which caused deficit in trust.
    If you continue towards this direction you will get back our full trust towards you.
    and as my motto says
    'Trust is the base of any fruitful business partnership.'

Congratulation to all of you, you did the right thing.
    Believe me, I have quite an experience in business, this will be profitable in the future.
    Think of these acts as prestige.
    Prestige can build the brand.
    Brand can be sold.

So, Thank you all again. I hope I could rebalance my destructive critics with this post. ;)

Ps. TB is great BTW.
  • ajh6037 wrote: »
    Tuscan21 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. I've just spent a fortune to get Capt Han to 7 stars.

I could have done it over time through cantina for 100s less.

People complain about the 7* requirement, now they are going to complain about changing it back. When will it end?!

It won't. Good or bad, their will always be this kind of complaining.

@CG_Carrie , thanks for the transparency. It's been frustrating, but I appreciate the efforts you all have been making to improve the TB situation.
  • THANK YOU, THANK YOU & THANK YOU.
    Great job in listening!
  • Now if you'd put another 30 shards in my inbox, I'd think about offering some forgiveness.
  • Sothe wrote: »
    Now if you'd put another 30 shards in my inbox, I'd think about offering some forgiveness.

Don't get greedy. lol

As someone who lived through pre-crafting, and mod gate, and many other hiccups I will say that this is the way they should always react to mistakes, and it hasn't always been like this. Be happy that they stepped up to the plate, and did what's right. A pleasant surprise that restored a bit of my faith in humanity.
  • yup, there goes all that effort to 7* Han...

I think you and I define "effort" somewhat differently
  • YES!!! THANKYOU!!

Red group, Gold group, all fighters follow me!!!
  • Okwolfman
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Any update on the frequent client restarts since the 8/31 update? If it restarts during a combat mission it counts as a forfeit.

Also, Hoth Han is supposed to have a blue coat.
  • TroelsVastrup
    182 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    The right call.
    I had decided not to buy the big pack, but after reading this just did. :)
  • Ha. I was actually not upset by this.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Okwolfman wrote: »
    Any update on the frequent client restarts since the 8/31 update? If it restarts during a combat mission it counts as a forfeit.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/96655/game-update-status-9-1/p1?new=1
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Ha. I was actually not upset by this.

Yeah, same. It's actually funny from my part, it's like I received a heck of a lot of crystals, free shards and a requirement reduction for............... nothing.
    I mean, I understand the uproar, but Im my opinion no compensation was deserved anyway...
    But I do appreciate the free stuff.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Sothe wrote: »
    Now if you'd put another 30 shards in my inbox, I'd think about offering some forgiveness.

Don't get greedy. lol

As someone who lived through pre-crafting, and mod gate, and many other hiccups I will say that this is the way they should always react to mistakes, and it hasn't always been like this. Be happy that they stepped up to the plate, and did what's right. A pleasant surprise that restored a bit of my faith in humanity.

With you. There have been other issues, but they've been a lot more nebulous. This was awfully specific and not a technical fluke. Even the panic buy's. while not appreciated, have a place - there's arguably a precedent.

This was different, it wasn't a mistake. I thank them, but I guess I'm with @EventineElessedil in that is this HothSolConflict going to make them more upfront, open, and clear? Or is it going to be that next time they are just going to be more subtle about the bait and switch?

We generally understand companies want our money, but now there really has to be another level of hesitation when it comes to this one.

Ultimately, that we're at a point where new toons are behind a Hoth Soldier paywall is.... silly...... at best. At worst the whole thing stinks of a bizarre type of desperation. For the life of me I can't say why it would need to be that way.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice