Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements - UPDATE 9/1/17

Replies

• about rebel hoth is that possible to get him more easier to get because only 1 spot to find him and sometime 0 shard is anoying
  • sebast321 wrote: »
    about rebel hoth is that possible to get him more easier to get because only 1 spot to find him and sometime 0 shard is anoying

Yes.
    Spend money.
  • Straight out, Thank you! You guys did the right thing on this one big time!
  • Wow my comment was deleted because I complained that I spent money in order to get 7* HRS and Hoth Han???

Sorry I'll fall in line.

You guys are great, when is your next bundle coming out? I don't need to save up for buying crystal packs or anything.

• Jermunji
    108 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I was actually telling my guild that due to the req's being changed from 5*->7* on these two I was going to switch gears focus on the resistance/FO for the next upcoming legendary around the Last Jedi movie due out in Dec, and just farm these guys on the back burner behind my arena team as this is nothing more than a new Rancor, HAAT game format. I was so **** because I bought both the $60 and $10 packs in order to be ready for the challenge. I am surprised and thankful for the change that EA/CG went with on this one and will now switch priorities back to these toons and helping the guild out as much as possible!!!

P.S. I think I will likely buy a pack of crystals now to get Hoth Solo up to par for that section of TB

#Thanks4MakingItRight
  • DarthSootie
    86 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you! And if other players happen to have a 6 or 7* Hoth Soldier then they still have the advantage later on so win win :)

Oh and I thought I'd just say that you still lost August...just! So close.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Thank you !
  • Thank you for this. It was the right and fair thing to do and I am happy to see it changed back to what was originally advertised. You have heard your player base and done what needed to be done. Much respect for owning up to it and making good on the original promise. Goes a long way in restoring the trust the players have in the dev team. Kudos.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Ha. I was actually not upset by this.

Yeah, same. It's actually funny from my part, it's like I received a heck of a lot of crystals, free shards and a requirement reduction for............... nothing.
    I mean, I understand the uproar, but Im my opinion no compensation was deserved anyway...
    But I do appreciate the free stuff.
    Unrelated. The game was crashing like crazy, preventing people from logging in, and discarding their Territory Battle combat scores. If the "gift" was compensation for anything, it was an apology for TB being unplayable during the first few hours after its release.
  • So new question. What's this mission tuned for? You can make the requirements anything you want and then tune the difficulty way up to where no one with a five star chs and HRSo can beat it. So just lowering the requirements does nothing.
  • Dabro wrote: »
    So new question. What's this mission tuned for? You can make the requirements anything you want and then tune the difficulty way up to where no one with a five star chs and HRSo can beat it. So just lowering the requirements does nothing.

I'm totally OK with the difficulty of the ROLO mission being solid. And I expect the phase 6 mission that requires 7* CHSolo, and ROLO to be apocalyptic. They have to have obstacles for us to grind and/pay to get over. This is the new end game content. Since they listened to us, and responded honorably about the star requirements I will happily accept what comes there.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Dabro wrote: »
    So new question. What's this mission tuned for? You can make the requirements anything you want and then tune the difficulty way up to where no one with a five star chs and HRSo can beat it. So just lowering the requirements does nothing.

I'm totally OK with the difficulty of the ROLO mission being solid. And I expect the phase 6 mission that requires 7* CHSolo, and ROLO to be apocalyptic. They have to have obstacles for us to grind and/pay to get over. This is the new end game content. Since they listened to us, and responded honorably about the star requirements I will happily accept what comes there.

Exactly
  • Thank you, and thank u for all your guys hard work on this awesome game
  • Thank you for the decision.

You probably have avoided a potential class suit for misrepresentation. Good call for the company. That was gonna be costly.
  • Thank you
  • It's funny, everybody's jumping in line to say thank you, but I don't see much in the way of apology for the seriously abusive tone this forum took for the past day plus. Personally I don't really have a dog in this fight. I'm never going to believe rumors on anything until I see it in the game. But I understand why people do, they're hopeful. That doesn't really excuse the accusations of fraud, threats to sue, and consistent across-the-board attacks on the competence of the devs.

If it were me, I'd never give advanced notice of another feature in this game until is was finished and the code was ready for release.
  • Witzkers wrote: »
    It's funny, everybody's jumping in line to say thank you, but I don't see much in the way of apology for the seriously abusive tone this forum took for the past day plus. Personally I don't really have a dog in this fight. I'm never going to believe rumors on anything until I see it in the game. But I understand why people do, they're hopeful. That doesn't really excuse the accusations of fraud, threats to sue, and consistent across-the-board attacks on the competence of the devs.

If it were me, I'd never give advanced notice of another feature in this game until is was finished and the code was ready for release.

You should probably look again, I personally posted at least 2 very public apologies and I've seen others. I also sent a private one, again.. I'm sure I'm not alone in this either.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com

• You should probably look again, I personally posted at least 2 very public apologies and I've seen others. I also sent a private one, again.. I'm sure I'm not alone in this either.

I will. And to you I'm sorry.
  • Thank you!
  • I thank you for lowering the requirements for Commander Han but now the drop rates seem worse! ☹️
  • Witzkers wrote: »
    It's funny, everybody's jumping in line to say thank you, but I don't see much in the way of apology for the seriously abusive tone this forum took for the past day plus. Personally I don't really have a dog in this fight. I'm never going to believe rumors on anything until I see it in the game. But I understand why people do, they're hopeful. That doesn't really excuse the accusations of fraud, threats to sue, and consistent across-the-board attacks on the competence of the devs.

I know the top 3 most vocal people the past couple days have all personally thanked the devs, and apologized if needed. With the exception of a few, this thread is a very good indicator that torches have been extinguished.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • xanderxman
    505 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Witzkers wrote: »

Honestly there is nothing to apologize for. The community called out a huge wrong by the dev team and they stepped up and fixed it. Why do people need to apologize for complaining when the devs stepped out of line? We came together as a gaming community and told them that enough was enough. And they got it this time. And they fixed the problem. No need for apologies from customers that were about to be taken advantage of.
  • Good news! ^_^
    Thank you very much!!!
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • I was one of those people who posted yesterday, calling it fraud. I spoke of how, as a businessman myself, the thing I value most in a business transaction is integrity, and how that was ultimately missing with the events that had occurred. I am glad to see today that there is still integrity in those behind the curtains of this game, which I believe was sincerely demonstrated, not only in the lowering of the requirements, but also in the sincere response made by @CG_Carrie at the start of this thread.

I for one commend you and your team for doing what I genuinely believe to be the right thing in this situation. I hope that this pattern continues.

And congratulations on making Territory Battles a wonderful new feature to this game. It is extremely challenging and I couldn't be more pleased with it!
  • You guys do such a good job. Without you there wouldn't be a game. No game is perfect and someone will always want more.
    Thank you for doing the job you do.
  • This makes me about 5% less grouchy. So I'd say well done. I'm still grouchy enough to scare a rancor but I'm slighty less grouchy.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • I guess thanks is do for lowering star requirements for the rolo event on both capt han and hoth rebel soldier. Although it doesn't seem like enough was done. Captain han unlocks as 4 star correct? Which you then need 65 more shards to get him to 5 stars in order to do the rolo mission. So basically only whales will be able to earn shards for rolo the first week. Seeing as they'll spend the $10 bundle for the 40 shards and then if they don't have the crystal already. They'll probably buy the $50 crystal pack to use on the crystal bundle for capt. han and good luck there on getting more than 5 or 10 shards a pop. ;) I just wonder how much more money could have been earned had you made capt. han farmable on cantina node 7-D a week earlier before the launch of the new game mode. So I guess thanks. ;)
  • Thank you for the adjustment. This is really great community interaction and listening that you do with territory Battles. I hope it will also be rewarding for you!
  • Roahn wrote: »
    I guess thanks is do for lowering star requirements for the rolo event on both capt han and hoth rebel soldier. Although it doesn't seem like enough was done. Captain han unlocks as 4 star correct? Which you then need 65 more shards to get him to 5 stars in order to do the rolo mission. So basically only whales will be able to earn shards for rolo the first week. Seeing as they'll spend the $10 bundle for the 40 shards and then if they don't have the crystal already. They'll probably buy the $50 crystal pack to use on the crystal bundle for capt. han and good luck there on getting more than 5 or 10 shards a pop. ;) I just wonder how much more money could have been earned had you made capt. han farmable on cantina node 7-D a week earlier before the launch of the new game mode. So I guess thanks. ;)

This was never about making the mission available immediately as CHolo was unlocked. It was always promoted at him being 5* and unlocking at 4*.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Thank you for listening and doing
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Thank you very much for this. I firmly believe people should own up to their mistakes, and make them right just because it's the right thing to do. But I definitely understand that it wasn't easy to make this happen, and you have the appreciation of my guild.

Any reasonable person knows you have every right to put out content as you see fit, and to monetize it as well. Miscommunications can happen. And I'd go so far as to say 7* would have been a reasonable requirement if that's what was presented originally, or if you made a reasonable effort to let everyone know the new requirements BEFORE packs went on sale.

But since the mistake happened I'm very pleasantly surprised l that you addressed it directly, took responsibility, and handled it in a way that is fair to the customers. This is the right way to do things, and it will keep people comfortable spending with you.

Please keep up the amazing work that you do. Territory battles are awesome. It's very well done, and I'm thoroughly enjoying your work. Keep putting out this kind of work. And keep up the communication. As long as you act with this same integrity you'll never have any problems, and customer trust and support will grow.

I second this statement, y'all are awesome! What a great game you've made!