Why 24h is good for phase in TB

Replies

• 12 or 24 we will make it work 24 just works better with real life schedules
  • long2905 wrote: »
    i second this. we all have various commitments work or family or what have you. couple that with multinational guilds and you have people who will sleep through a whole phase.

Sleep through a whole phase? You shouldn't be sleeping for over 12 hours.
  • Did anyone notice how, after the initial outrage over 12 hour phases, their response was to make it 24 hours for the first one then back to 12 hours after? People weren't complaining about 12 hour phases because it's a new game mode that we need to learn how to play. They want it to be 24 hours for international guilds, real life, etc.

I don't actually care that much, just thought it was interesting. I feel like this issue got pushed back and then overshadowed by the HRSoldier and CHS requirement fiasco.

It was more that it would be 24 hours for at least a few, subject to future reduction. I think the devs believe(d) that once people played it a few times there would be less concern about the time, if it ends up being a small commitment. But that may be underestimating the level of coordination smaller/weaker guilds need, so it's subject to everyone's review.

I definitely see some coordination needs, particularly when it comes to deployment. But for me, the biggest draw to the 24 hour phases is that this gives me a little something to do almost every day, instead of just 3 days a week.
  • I think 24 for the first time is ok. 12 after that is better. It takes less time than gw...and it's on the weekend.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    They're only doing one Territory Battle per week, regardless of if it's 12 hour or 24 hour phases.

Given that there wil only ever be one per week, I see no reason not to make the phases as long as possible... Keep things stress free for everyone involved.

EDIT: In some interview somewhere, a CG dev bragged that the average player spends 3 hours a day in game--often doing nothing more than looking at their character collection, going back and forth from character to character. If their goal is to increase player engagement, keeping phases long gives me yet another thing to check in on from time to time to see how my friends are advancing. I know I spent probably 20 minutes throughout yesterday checking in just to see how close we were to the 3rd star.

(Wound up 8.1 million shy of 3*, which is good considering it's our first time!)

This. If we only get one per week. The 24 hour periods are better for the player base. If they will move to 2 per week then I would definitely be open to 12 hour phases. But from the sound of it. It's only gonna be one per week anyway. So why not have it run the week and give a day off.
  • Totally agreed that 24h should stay. Since it's a once per week event, this just make internaltion guild's life much easier, plus it also make it so that you don't need to do it twice a day, especially during weekends where your free times is often occupied with other things.
  • 24h is the best way. Between jobs and to do 12 is not enough time. No way im sacrificing sleep for a 2 attemps in one day. Let alone at work. Im not willing to get fired over a game. 24 is much more flexible
  • agree with OP, if for no other reason than my guild has players on at least 4 continents.
  • I agree. 24hrs is best imo. Our guild is spread throughout the world. 13 time zones. Multiple different schedules etc... 24 hours makes sure everyone has the proper time to join and partake in the TB to help the rest of the guild. Based on my personal schedule alone, evening right now are when I have the most time to play. Which would mean 90% of the time I would completely miss out on helping from the 6am-6pm schedule. And for our guild, it really helped to be able to coordinate things today (knowing we have people all over the world) on where we need people to attack.
  • Agreed, 24hrs here to stay.
  • @CG_RyDiggs Please take note of this. TB's are awesome fun. But the coordination required is off the charts and we know it's only going to get more difficult as the phases progress. With swgoh.gg not tracking ships still, it's going to be really tough to manage ships as well. 24 hours 1x a week is good. OR let us advance a phase manually after complete but still only launch once a week.
  • More than one TB a week would... ummm... do what vacuum cleaners do.
    Therefore, a longer period to play them wouldn't affect getting the reward timeframe.
    Less than 24hours would massively decrease the ability to play it though, and enjoy the experience.
    Not every guild is gonna just breeze through it. But they should be given every opportunity to play it.

And if they ever do more maps, they can run them at the same time, rather than shortening the time available.
  • It's almost insufferable having to chase all guild members for 20+ hours and MAN does it stretch out! Doesn't anyone realize that at this pace we'll spend 6 days out of 7, 24+ days per month doing the same impossible amount of coordination and communication? Unlike raids the actual time spent won't shorten over time.

Most importantly, why does this thing have to be pushed at some West Coast USA time? Phase start times really matter a lot for most guilds. How is it that a massive update like this one is being tested for weeks-months yet nobody does the simple math of comparing local time zones? Please for the love of god introduce a "weekly" parameter allowing us to open up TB once a week, at a starting time of our own choosing.

=> strongly advocating 12h phases and variable starting time
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • It's almost insufferable having to chase all guild members for 20+ hours and MAN does it stretch out! Doesn't anyone realize that at this pace we'll spend 6 days out of 7, 24+ days per month doing the same impossible amount of coordination and communication? Unlike raids the actual time spent won't shorten over time.

Most importantly, why does this thing have to be pushed at some West Coast USA time? Phase start times really matter a lot for most guilds. How is it that a massive update like this one is being tested for weeks-months yet nobody does the simple math of comparing local time zones? Please for the love of god introduce a "weekly" parameter allowing us to open up TB once a week, at a starting time of our own choosing.

If people are taking their time (read: living their lives), but eventually get their stuff done - especially if they need the time to work it out - how would less time help?
    You'd only be annoying them, possibly to the point where they quit - either your guild or the game.
    I really don't get why you want less time to do the same impossible coordination and communication.

Are you one of the guys who love the flash events??
  • slugbahr wrote: »
    It's almost insufferable having to chase all guild members for 20+ hours and MAN does it stretch out! Doesn't anyone realize that at this pace we'll spend 6 days out of 7, 24+ days per month doing the same impossible amount of coordination and communication? Unlike raids the actual time spent won't shorten over time.

If people are taking their time (read: living their lives), but eventually get their stuff done - especially if they need the time to work it out - how would less time help?
    You'd only be annoying them, possibly to the point where they quit - either your guild or the game.
    I really don't get why you want less time to do the same impossible coordination and communication.

Are you one of the guys who love the flash events??

First of all, this is almost an inappropriate insult, wow. Flash events "vaccuum clean" beyond belief. There, that's settled.

Now then, I don't know about you but I don't like wasting my life waiting. You either hurry up and get it or fail. I'd rather take a serious beating the first few times to get everyone on the right track.

It's up to the officers in a guild to make everyone understand what they're supposed to do, no need to take hours 'figuring it all out'. This isn't a problem anyway cause no matter what this factors out over time.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I think the argument between 12h vs 24h per phases is the waiting time. That is the reason why I wrote in the beginning for guild that those would profit mostly guilds outside the top 100, guilds which do not have hardcore 24/7 players.

We have enough time commitment in this game (arena payouts, raids), just make this as a collaborative and fun event for the vast majority of players.

I am myself the TB strategist of my guild, and with the exchange I had with other representatives of other guilds, it will be hard to have 50 players committed to the optimal strategy. However you can lay down clear instructions and you only need 25/30 players who care about rewards who will follow them, the others will contribute if they play at the best of their abilities (combat missions and deployment at a random schedule time).

The 24h clearly advantages weak guilds (if you can say that a 87M GP guild is weak). It gives the chance for reaching the full potential of the guild, whereas 12h decreases the chances dramatically.
  • I think 24 for the first time is ok. 12 after that is better. It takes less time than gw...and it's on the weekend.

How is less time better? You're still only getting one TB per week (presumably). Are you saying that you'd rather do six 12 hour phases over the course of three days or spread over 6 days?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Where do people get that TB only happens once a week with the 12h phases?

Where do you get you would have 2 per week with 12h? Unless they tell us their plans and what they think would be the frequency we can only assume it is once a week (and even that is not guaranteed). Rewards are so good l for high level guild (you can basically build one G12 gear per week with the GET, without counting the content of the box). This is already much better than HAAT and Rancor reward.
  • Even top tier guilds 12 hours is not impossible but a giant pain in the ****. 24 hours is a lot more manageable for peoples lives and is more likely to not **** people off and make them stop playing the game. Please keep it as 24 hours.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Where do people get that TB only happens once a week with the 12h phases?

From this dev post: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/128686/update-to-territory-battle-timers-8-25-17#latest
    Information that we didn’t previously state is that the event will normally run from Friday – Sunday (technically 6AM on Friday to 6AM on Monday based on the Guild Leader’s time)
  • Well it seems the majority of peeps like 24hrs

• +1. Hope it stays at a 24h per phase :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Do you think the Devs or EA care about your work or family? Dont have time...then go buy yourself the stuff you need. Thats how the game works nowadays. Need gear? Go buy it! Need Heroes? Go buy shards! Need credits? Go buy some with crystals!
  • We finished with 9 stars and last night were rank 41 for TB guilds. I spent a crazy amount of time, along with other officers coordinating this. I personally want rewards as fast as possible but if this is only once a week no matter if it's 12 or 24 then 24 just makes sense for the players and the devs.

The whales gotta work and we have a bunch of busy folks in guild. Throughout the years we have seen more than a few people leave the game due to not having time to play and compete at a high level while also taking care of their businesses.

Without a better tracking tool in game to show how much TP is left in guild roster and other useful info it becomes very difficult to coordinate for maximum points with 50 people all over the world.

Right now we are using @Tigore 's amazing Spreadsheet he made to coordinate and track TP and various other cool stuff. Without him doing that this would be a nightmare.

So if we could do two TBs a week go ahead and do 12 hours cause I would love the rewards faster, but if this is only once a week regardless than 12 is ridiculous
  • Good shout Neo. I concur
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    So if we could do two TBs a week go ahead and do 12 hours cause I would love the rewards faster, but if this is only once a week regardless than 12 is ridiculous

Yeah, I think everyone would be on board with 12 hour phases IF there were two TBs a week -- better to get double rewards for 30 stars than single rewards for 35 stars (to pull some numbers out of the air), but since it looks like the intent is to run it once a week, 24 hours makes more sense.

• Saraleb wrote: »
    Sorry dont get it... you do a couple battles.. platoon a few more... deploy the rest

Whole thing takes 15mins... personally frustrated that after that i have to wait 24 hours to do anything more

Totally.
    Guys, there's a learning period sure but ultimately its a few battles and some deployment.
    Having an organised guild/guild leader is your priority.
  • I have a 12 hour work day and often am a littl too occupied with things to managed during lunch or coffee. I mean the game already takes me a few minutes at lunch. 24 hours means I can do to in the evening after work. Rather then trying to catch it in the morning as well when time is a bit tight.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
    Okay. But you could just... Y'know... Not do that?

We've only gotten 5* (6* if you count today's), but that's because we're a 34m power guild. The problem isn't that we're deploying platoons wrong from some lack of communication, it's that we don't hae enough good troops left over to 6/6 each combat mission. If a bunch of derps like us can get it done in a global guild without micromanaging, you can, too.
    It's pegged to Pacific time because that's where your guild founder is. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
    How does this mean less micromanaging and not just faster and more furious micromanaging?

It also unfairly punishes players for having lives. I'm driving up to Sacramento today for my nephew's birthday. I should miss both phases because I'm not going to say, "Sorry, kid, Uncle Nick needs a couple minutes to have his cartoon characters fight other cartoon characters?" To hell with that.

The game has enough rewards and incentives for "hardcore" players and spenders--faster gear acquisition, more raids per week, rare characters. Let those of us with lives have this one **** thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.