Use gems to get energy or cantina energy? Shard drop rate?

Hi, I am new to this game but played a very similar game for a while.

Since you get the same amount of energy/experience for using energy and/or cantina energy which is better to use it for?

I haven't seen anyone mention anything about getting extra cantina energy but I would think at least a combination of both is good, no?

I would use energy to equip my main toons but would go guns out in getting all shards needed for say Talia. It wouldn't take very long if you do hard missions along with as many runs of her shard drop cantina mission to max her stars? If I relate to the other game I used to play, if we consider both games the same (which they almost are) it would be good to use quite a bit of gems just to refresh Cantina to do this.

Replies

• I'm an f2p player. I would recommend using ur crystals for energy refills first. get your current toons to gear level 5. you will need to make ur current team stronger in order to progress on the missions. then as u see fit, refill cantina if u want.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Both have their value. I've found that shard drop rates are better in the Cantina, so for starring-up you're better there. And you get Cantina credits that you need for certain characters, plus the occasional (ok, rare) Ability Mats. But that refill costs twice as much as regular energy, and gearing-up gives a heavy bonus to stats too. Pick your poison, or do both when you can.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Well cantina energy serves that purpose as well. Nor would I put ALL your efforts into Advancing your core team, though I agree that that should be your priority (though by the mid 40s that core team should include luminara and Sid

If you're getting 200 crystals per day (arena, dailies, first time battles, etc.), which is quite doable for FTP, then buy 2 regular refills and one cantina refill. The cantina refill is as efficient in terms of EP as the third regular refill, and has other advantages. But if you're getting less than 200. Prioritize the normal refills.

I'm FTP also, except for $10 for dooku plus the week of crystals deal.
  • Oh I thought it was the same price. So do we all agree the best thing to do is normal refill twice since it's 50 gems and then anything after Cantina is better?

I do 3 per day, would like to do 4 if they had a gems per day subscription thing.
  • 1. Canteena refills give canteena credits for canteena shipments. Story mission hard nodes do not provide anything towards any shipments.
    2. Canteena nodes do not require refresh to do them over and over. Just pick 1 hero from the canteena nodes and then just sim that node over and over.
    3. As someone above suggested, refill the canteena once per day, and refill energy twice per day. If you have the extra crystals, then refill canteena until that refill costs 400.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • If I do some estimates

For 120 energy you get 120 exp, about half the credits you get with Cantina and either gear you need or about 2.5 shards.

For 120 cantina energy you get 120 exp,double the credits, 5 shards + 2 shards from shipment (totaling 7 shards) and drops to upgrade skills.

I can't see it being even a close decision?
  • Ya deifnitely makes sense Pilot.

Are the energy and cantina costs of refreshing related in any way or are they seperate?

Like normal energy is 50/50/100/100/x/x/x

And cantina is 100/100/x/x/x

And both are seperate from each other right?
  • Cantina goes 100/200/???

It doesn't do the cheapest one twice like regular energy.
  • Cantina goes 100/200/???

It doesn't do the cheapest one twice like regular energy.
    Yes. Cantina goes; 100; 200; 400; 800. Never used 800, but would assume the next is 1,600

L&D refills go 50; 50; 100; 100; 100; 200...

Not 100% sure I'm remembering how many L&D refills are 100 before going to 200 correctly.

That being said, the rewards for Cantina are more than twice as rare/important than L&D so depending on my daily crystal income I'm making sure first and foremost I can refill Cantina twice.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Ya that's what I figured.

In an ideal world yo use 400 gems per day I think. Two cantina and two L&D

I just did a bit of math and it seems as though the impact of increasing star level decreases as the star level goes up.

For instance, the total stat increase difference between 2 and 3 is like 2.5 increase and between 3 and 4 seems to be like 2. Amount of shards needed go up and the reward is less. Kinda sucks.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Yes but if you use the heros throughout the game the progression will still seem linear. Let's say you go from 3-4 star at 40, 5 star at 45 etc... You will be getting t or so extra levels of stata just at a slightly lower rate.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Ya that's what I figured.

In an ideal world yo use 400 gems per day I think. Two cantina and two L&D

I just did a bit of math and it seems as though the impact of increasing star level decreases as the star level goes up.

For instance, the total stat increase difference between 2 and 3 is like 2.5 increase and between 3 and 4 seems to be like 2. Amount of shards needed go up and the reward is less. Kinda sucks.
    Yeah. And having 5 Heroes to max can be tough on resources.

Once I get a main squad my plan will change to go for a bit more diversity. Maybe only focus on 1/2 Heroes at a time to max out rather than 4 (considering there is potentially 4 non conflicting farming sources for shards).
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I've been using crystals on the data packs instead. i find it disheartening when i use crystals to refuel energy only to not get a single drop that i'm looking for. With the data pack, at least i'm getting something, and as FTP, I'm getting pretty useful things.
  • I've been using crystals on the data packs instead. i find it disheartening when i use crystals to refuel energy only to not get a single drop that i'm looking for. With the data pack, at least i'm getting something, and as FTP, I'm getting pretty useful things.
    Bad idea, especially for f2p. Even if you get a lucky hero or 2 from the chromium packs, you'll have almost no way of levelling its stars up.