How about adding a unique zeta ability to Vader

By the addition of each new character, Darth Vader became very weak against them. He needs another zeta ability to become Lord Vader again. Maybe something to gain his armor back. Please make Darth Vader "useful" in arena...

Replies

• Agreed that he needs more juice.
  • while you're at it. fix palp..
  • Hmmm... how about damage deflection/reduction of some sort coupled with increased defense? He is an attacker but Vader is the embodiment of that "the best offense is a good defense" saying... you something that will allow him to survive long enough to setup that devastating saber toss.

For instance...

Unique - Cybernetic Armor
    Abilities on cooldown grant Lord Vader a stacking 100% defense per cooldown (gains +500% after using force crush, 400% next turn, then 300% next until its ready to use again)

This potentially give him a 800% defense boost if he uses force crush then saber toss under an EP lead.

If defense is not your ideal thing then how about giving him say +10% dmg for each debuff? Or some variation?
  • Guys it's the Rebels' turn now, calm down
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Guys it's the Rebels' turn now, calm down
    Really hope that was sarcasm

But yes Vader needs a full rework or new version of him he's been underwhelming for awhile and he should of been a better stand alone toon from the beginning rather than just a leader. He also at the minimal needs force choke
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Guys it's the Rebels' turn now, calm down
    Really hope that was sarcasm

Yes it was.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Guys it's the Rebels' turn now, calm down

Isn't it always?
  • I'd rather just have his leader turn into a unique. Would make Vader a beast and viable in other empire teams
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    I'd rather just have his leader turn into a unique. Would make Vader a beast and viable in other empire teams

This! Zader in every situation :)
    Plus a way to regain protection, mmmkay?
  • About Palp; zeta crackling doom, at the end of every turn apply on shocked ennemies : seal your destiny

Seal your destiny: prevent any form of clean for 2 turns

• DarthVengeance
    83 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Saw a great once in a million scene in game. Facing DN squad their Vader was the last to go, he had a stack of debuffs thanks to my zVader. Their DV used crushing and as it finisihed it's annimation he vanished. I really wish it was on video.. looked soo cool, like he cast a spell to vanish. Love when he stacks debuffs and SO or Dooku poof while attacking.
  • Allegedly there is some top secret Vader team that is nearly unstoppable. Mobile Gamer and Ahnald mentioned it off handedly in one of their collabs. Said they devs had said something. But they weren't buying it. So maybe there is a small chance the devs knew what they were talking about and there is. *Shrug*
  • Skuddy wrote: »
    Allegedly there is some top secret Vader team that is nearly unstoppable. Mobile Gamer and Ahnald mentioned it off handedly in one of their collabs. Said they devs had said something. But they weren't buying it. So maybe there is a small chance the devs knew what they were talking about and there is. *Shrug*

Link?
    Allegedly there is some top secret Vader team that is nearly unstoppable. Mobile Gamer and Ahnald mentioned it off handedly in one of their collabs. Said they devs had said something. But they weren't buying it. So maybe there is a small chance the devs knew what they were talking about and there is. *Shrug*

Hmmm....maybe if IG-88's lead was a unique, so all crits would stack dots... oh doesn't that give you goosebumps.
  • I feel like a full rework is the way to go, so that Vader actually works like character. He's a guy who relies on an almost perfect defence, slowly undermining his enemies' defences until a weakness appears. Then he exploits that and cuts them down with ruthless efficiency.

So, I'd suggest he have an ability that inflicts a unique debuff which makes that enemy take bonus damage as if they were exposed whenever Vader attacks them, however it also lets them ignore one of his passives, which boosts Vader's defence.

As for that defensive passive, I'd suggest something that makes it impossible to do more than, say, 50% of Vader's health in a single attack. Vader generally loses fights when he gets taken down by a thousand cuts, because his fighting style is extremely good at defending his vitals.

I'm not sure about the rest, but I think that's a good basis for a kit that resembles how he actually fights without being incredibly OP like some people *Cough* CLS *Cough*.
  • Yeah I saw that too... I call bull****. Thousands of players trying everything out and nobody has made Vader viable yet in top end arena? That's because he straight isn't viable. Maybe the dev was talking about a totally revamped Vader that they forgot to put in the game but we'd never see it. Unfortunately I think he's going to remain mid game level at best. Rebels are far too strong for him now which isn't right but oh well.

I saw that video and it worried me so much. Based on what they said to Ahnald, they have absolutely no clue how overpowered the Rebels are, and they have no idea how bored we all are of the constant Rebel releases. It seems like they might genuinely be blind to the nature of the game right now.
  • Unique - Black Armor
    Lord Vader gains 500% defense after using force burst until its cooldown is reset and 400% defense after using culling blade until it's cooldown is reset. Zeta - any jedi or rebel that damages Lord Vader is staggered until vader takes his next turn.
  • I dont feel like adding defence really does anything though except make him harder to kill with his zeta. I feel culling blades main problem is that its so situational as most debuffs are cleansed before you can get a good swing, and with tenacity up, vader is pretty much useless, doing little damage and no debuffs

I really do like the idea of turning his leader into a unique though, but adding defence provides vader with no new options and doesnt really increase the threat he opposes to the other team, theyll just leave him to last as he isnt doing anything.

Id suggest the following changes
    On his basic, if they already have ability block, inflict stun, stunned characters give vader 15% turnmeter instead

On force choke, dispel all buffs, non-buffed chaarcters are exposed (in addition to everything else that he already has)

Culling blade, vader steals the buffs of the target

Leader turns into a unique

2nd unique: Vader gains 20% stacking offence (5stacks max), every time vader or palpatine is attacked vader gains 25% turnmeter (50%if both attacked). Zeta, vader has an extra 5% per stack and the turnmeter gain is doubled (so 50% each and 100% for both attacked)

This increases vaders versatility, and turns him into a real threat where people will actually take not of him
  • Rather than a second zeta on Vader, Emperor Palpatine needs at least one. He was meta leader for a minute. Add a 35% chance for 100% TM reduction. Which would compliment Zaders and provide Sith synergy. Call it Blind Rage, like when he was so focused on killing Luke he didn't notice Vader. Or heck how about a lightside Vader that just throws Siths off cliffs.
  • I think we'll see a ton of buffs/reworks for the dark side in advance of a dark side territory battle, I'm sure Vader will become as powerful as he should be.