Ship/Character Requirements For Platoon Missions [MERGED] Dev Response

Replies

• Options
    I understand not being able to max everything the first time around but will this be the norm with future newly released characters? Because with the current cadence, say you release Lightsaber rey who we unlock at 3 stars. Then there will be weeks before she becomes available to farm. So during those weeks, she may pop up as a platoon requirement that almost no one will be able to meet. And this could happen everytime a new light side character is released.
    If that what is intended, that sucks but ok.
    Can we get some clarification @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs

I'm sure that's intentional. Release at 3* stars, but available in packs to purchase. The way TB is structured now it incentivizes people to purchase those packs instead of waiting for them to go f2p. EA/CG is increased their revenue stream in a significant way. Ingenious.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon , please look into this.
    (I know it is weekend and staff, but it needs to be changed/communicated)
  • Options
    I have Poe @ 7*
    Just takes a lot of time waiting for the blueprints to appear in the store.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Options
    I think this isn't intended to be completed in the first go. When the ewoks become farmable I think it'll help easier, same with other ships/toons.

The intent is to reward P2P and convert F2P to P2P. Nothing wrong with that at all. This isn't a negative post, just a fact. I do, however, suggest a bit of caution to EA/CG that this may alienate potential P2P converts.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    We've been asking for a rework of the gear drops on that challenge for awhile. Maybe one day.
  • Options
    Bohdi and Pao are easy farms. I have both at 7*

The new Ewoks and unfarmable ships are ridiculous
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    I think this isn't intended to be completed in the first go. When the ewoks become farmable I think it'll help easier, same with other ships/toons.

I know what you mean, but think it over.
    Next time we will be able to farm those ewoks for the platoons.
    BUT, meanwhile they release 2-3 new toons through Marquee events and they will become requirement as well.
    Then again, we wont be able to finish platoons that time, because of those new toons.
    It doesnt make any sense.

Maybe new characters don't appear in platoons

Ewoks do.
    They are 'new'
  • Options
    Since we are at the ships subject, does anyone know if we really need to take replacements to clear the combat mission? I want to take just my best 3
  • Options
    I was pretty harsh against CG for the Rolo mission requirement, but I believe this is totally fair game. This isn't meant to be completed on the first attempt, maybe not even for a couple months for a casual guild. Over time when the ewoks get released, this will become easier as the guild gets collectively closer to completion.

This 100%
  • Options

The intent is to reward P2P and convert F2P to P2P. Nothing wrong with that at all. This isn't a negative post, just a fact. I do, however, suggest a bit of caution to EA/CG that this may alienate potential P2P converts.

Converting people to p2p is one thing. This is a pretty hefty price tag... we don't all have 50k to drop on a mobile gaming app.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    ViperPete, you must not have many Zeta's then because i don't buy ships in the store when i need zeta mats.....
  • Options
    Since we are at the ships subject, does anyone know if we really need to take replacements to clear the combat mission? I want to take just my best 3

No you don't need replacements it's a joke
  • Options
    I understand not being able to max everything the first time around but will this be the norm with future newly released characters? Because with the current cadence, say you release Lightsaber rey who we unlock at 3 stars. Then there will be weeks before she becomes available to farm. So during those weeks, she may pop up as a platoon requirement that almost no one will be able to meet. And this could happen everytime a new light side character is released.
    If that what is intended, that sucks but ok.
    Can we get some clarification @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs

I'm sure that's intentional. Release at 3* stars, but available in packs to purchase. The way TB is structured now it incentivizes people to purchase those packs instead of waiting for them to go f2p. EA/CG is increased their revenue stream in a significant way. Ingenious.

If it motivated that... it's had the opposite effect on me. I'm even more likely to skip on new releases behind the 1299 crystal packs. I'll gladly buy a 80 shard unlock for that price. But the rng is pushing me away from those packs to more reliable gains.
  • Options
    Aaand unreleased Ewoks as well
  • Options
    BTW I dont know but the avarage 'whale' doesnt have 7* Paploo, 7* Milleneum Falcon 7* Cassians Uwing 7* TIE Reaper.
    A whale spends his/her money on USEFUL and GOOD staff.

This!
  • Options
    Haha yeah just edited
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think you made the mistake of believing this decision was made by "devs", it likely wasn't. It was made by the decision makers whose primary motivation is profit. So decisions like making the Falcon a requirement had no basis in things like gameplay value or strategy, it was based on knowing that whales will shell out even more so that their guild has an advantage over others.

Sadly, however, they fail to see the long-term fallout of decisions like this. And that is, they will turn away a large portion of their player base and they cannot live on whales alone (primarily because the whales will get bored if there's no one left to compete against).

Clearly they will push as hard as possible to get every penny out of us they can until their spreadsheets tell them it's having a negative effect. Hopefully, the extremely poorly designed and transparently profit-driven TB will tip the scales against them.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I dunno, there are better ways to gate completion that putting in silly requirements for characters almost no one wants. Like making the combat missions actually challenging, with interesting mechanics that might take a few attempts to learn.
    The platoon missions aren't really gates though. They provide a bonus, but nothing about them is required. The TP value of the platoon missions is fairly small, and if what you'd prefer is a more complex combat mission, then not being able to do the platoon mission that grants a bonus in said combat mission does nearly the same thing, does it not?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    forget cassian
    we had to put in a millenium falcon... I mean seriously!!!
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lets be naïve and say it was a mistake.
    Hmm, I dont remember what @CG_Dan said about the platoon requirements...
  • Options
    I hate all the requirements as well. And I've complained a good bit but they have to have a way to make this a long term goal. If you could get 45 stars today then what do you have to build on and we immediately start craving new content. Should they have the falcon as a requirement when he is behind a pay wall? Maybe not but maybe next week these release him in a more manageable fashion...maybe not but at some point they will.
  • Options
    Well Poe's ship would be fine if there were other ways to get Zeta mats lol....
  • Options
    What you don't think 2499 crystals for 5 shards of a random ship is worth it :D
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »
    I dunno, there are better ways to gate completion that putting in silly requirements for characters almost no one wants. Like making the combat missions actually challenging, with interesting mechanics that might take a few attempts to learn.
    The platoon missions aren't really gates though. They provide a bonus, but nothing about them is required. The TP value of the platoon missions is fairly small, and if what you'd prefer is a more complex combat mission, then not being able to do the platoon mission that grants a bonus in said combat mission does nearly the same thing, does it not?

Well, we shall see what happens If we dont have the Planetary shield up on a territory and the Orbital strike just clears the rebel scum off the field....
  • Options
    This is the new end game content and it's supposed to be a long-farm. Just relax, complete it at your own pace, and have fun. You can do fine in TB over time with minimal financial investment and patience.

So when we can finally farm ewoks, what about when they just release another new character? They will be unfarmable and just replace the ewoks as the problem

And the bigger problem is the ships. 3 completely unfarmable ships are in the platoon requirements. There is no timetable for when these ships will be made farmable, no word on it at all whenever it's asked about. Some people have spent literally hundreds of thousands of crystals of Fleet packs and still not unlocked any of those three unfarmable ships
  • Options
    What?!? This is a joke, right???

NOPE .... it is not , unfortunately. Our guild has one too
  • Options
    I'm gonna try and stay optimistic about this. Maybe they will be releasing all these toons and ships as farmable soon. Right now they're a barrier, but will soon be accessible (I hope)
  • Options
    TB just launched the week. It is intended to be long term content for guilds to grow into. I am not bothered at all by not being able to have ever single item done. It gives room to grow. Rather when I see it I am excited because they will make these previously unabtainable elements farmable eventually. Thanks so much for TB it's everything I wanted
  • Options
    So basically CG has made it all but impossible except for whale guilds to do well on TB and are trying to encourage us to farm *cough*cough* spend crystals to get these ships and toons we don't need or want otherwise.

No. Whales dont have those either.
    Only Leviatans have them.
  • Options
    Bohdi and Pao are easy farms. I have both at 7*

The new Ewoks and unfarmable ships are ridiculous

Ok, but we needed ~8-8 Bhodi Pao and Baze.