Ok, confession time. How much have you spent?

Not sure if there are any other threads on this, but just curious.
I'm at about $50, trying to resist putting more in or at least until the new characters come out.
But I'm not sure when that will be.

Ally Code 299-731-212

Replies

• $1200+
  • $5 I bought the 7 day crystal thing as motivation to log in every day xD
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    So far I haven't bought a thing since I feel the prices are too high considering it's a game. Some people have spent enough here on this game that they could have bought themselves a new phone and computer and when prices approach those levels, something is surely wrong with their model but I guess people are paying so what do I know. If I did buy anything, it would only be crystals and never Chromium cards. The reason I haven't bought them is because all I'd be doing is using them to replay old levels to level up characters.

I did some math and looked at the $50 crystal crate containing 7,370 crystals for example:
    Looking at the idea that replaying any of the areas doubles in cost after the first buy in so, I could potentially spend 1,000 extra crystals a day replaying levels for 7 days and after that run, I'd only be able to unlock/upgrade maybe 1 or 2 characters for $50.

Buying 3 shards for 150 crystals in shipments would cost you about:
    • 4,050 crystals to open a 4* character with 80 shards
    • 2,550 crystals to open a 3* character with 50 shards

In essence, farmable characters cost around $30 a piece....
  • Willybur
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Around 15ish. I quickly realized 15 cant compete with the whales on this game, So I have actually slowed down and are just playing casually now. I wish I could buy sim tickets with gems that would make my life easier.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Have bought all the ally packs so far and I don't regret it.

Would have liked to get chromium packs because of the characters they have, but wouldn't be satisfied if I couldn't 7★ them, so I calculated early that their was no value for them for me.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I'm sitting at around $250 spent to get my feet off the ground in this game. I've gotten some great pulls, but nothing is consistent enough to warrant me to purchase any more cards. I don't regret what I've spent, but I wish I had more control over what I was receiving. From here I'll possibly do monthly shard refills as necessary to farm a bit more than the daily allotment, but not much more beyond that.
  • $12 bucks.
  • $5 on Dooku just because... DOOKU. & I won't spend anything more atleast until they offer Kylo Ren
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Zero. I've been a game addict for >30 years, am active daily, and am happy to support games through active play and community discussions in the forum. But if a *free* game requires you to spend $$ to enjoy it, then that's not one for me.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Probably around $10
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Rolf wrote: »
    Zero. I've been a game addict for >30 years, am active daily, and am happy to support games through active play and community discussions in the forum. But if a *free* game requires you to spend $$ to enjoy it, then that's not one for me.

I support "free" games, but this one really got me good and very early. If I still feel it necissary to spend more anytime soon, I'll just count my losses. The "kids" are getting an Xbox one for Christmas so I won't be so tempted to spend on pay to win designs. They will really need to add some emersive content to keep me longer than a month or two. Honestly, they already made their profit from me, but I'll definitely keep that in mind next game I see that looks anything like this. The game looks great and I hope they continually add to it but we will see.
  • $50
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • If this game lives up to its potential and delivers what I'm looking for then I'll probably spend around $50. If it is around for a long time I would spend maybe $20 a month.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    If this game lives up to its potential and delivers what I'm looking for then I'll probably spend around $50. If it is around for a long time I would spend maybe $20 a month.

20 a month for a game I enjoy is totally reasonable. Two types of people that drive me nuts in these types of games- those who disdain any spending..and thier polar opposites- the ones that spend a crazy amount of money and lack skills but win due to thier spending. Notice I'm not criticizing heavy spenders.. Im relatively one myself.
  • $0. Have plenty sitting in my Google Play account. I never received the Dooku offer and I didn't want the other packs.

I guess I'll keep waiting until something good comes along...if it ever does.
  • 25...Dooku pack and a $20 crystal refill. However, after learning about players who have access to crystal subs, I won't spend another dime until I can also purchase Subs. It gives those players who have that option a massive advantage for less money. Wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not.
  • Close to $70. Never got the Dooku or crystal subscription offers and I'll never buy cards because that can escalate into thousands of dollars trying to star up characters. Spending on hold til they make crystal subs available to all. They should offer the Dooku pack to those that never got it but they won't.
  • $5 - bought the 21 days crystal pack.
  • I bought the 4.99 7 day crystal thing, and twice bought the $19.99 crystal packs.
    $44.97 + tax
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »
    Two types of people that drive me nuts in these types of games- those who disdain any spending..and thier polar opposites- the ones that spend a crazy amount of money and lack skills but win due to thier spending. Notice I'm not criticizing heavy spenders.. Im relatively one myself.
    Sorry if I came off strong, no disrespect intended for those who pay. I just meant that it's not the right choice for me. Got nothing against those who choose otherwise. I wouldn't even bother playing the Freemium model if I couldn't stand to compete with P2P'ers. Really the Fremium model itself creates some very interesting dynamics on both sides, but this isn't the place to discuss that. ;)

• Destark
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    $4.99 Dooku pack, $49.99 Heroine pack and $4.99 7 days crystal pack, only bought 1 Chromium card got Luminara out of it, I thought this aint too bad and was about to invest some more on a few 8 packs, then saw a bunch of opening videos on youtube realize I got lucky then never touch Chromium cards again
  • I'm f2p, I think its great folks support the game, it benefits all of us. been playing for bout 12 days and I do fine...I'm usually between rank 90-200.
  • 7 € for Dooku pack and a 220 gems (lol) refill... I am upset too for not getting the daily crystal offer and that's why I didn't spend some more € on other refills. Honestly I think that not giving all players the same conditions is the worse mistake that could be done on the customer care side. I really love the game and I am enjoying playing it, so I will probably spend some more money on good offers (such as daily crystals one) whenever I will be given the chance, but I want to say once more how bad does it feel not to receive the same threatement that others were given.
  • $5 on Dooku pack and now lvl 50. Gems running Low and tempted to buy but I'm holding back cause there is no subscription pack for me too!

How come some get the subscription pack but others don't have?
  • 100 bucks and I place Rank#1 - 3 in arenas. Daily crystals , 2 hero(in) packs + Dooku.
  • I wouldn't doubt that the collective whole of FTB is over $100,000...lol.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Spent none so far, but plan on it. It is a great game. I am more or less waiting to see if they will do a Yoda package when he is released :P. That would be my ideal first purchase.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Rolf wrote: »
    Two types of people that drive me nuts in these types of games- those who disdain any spending..and thier polar opposites- the ones that spend a crazy amount of money and lack skills but win due to thier spending. Notice I'm not criticizing heavy spenders.. Im relatively one myself.
    Sorry if I came off strong, no disrespect intended for those who pay. I just meant that it's not the right choice for me. Got nothing against those who choose otherwise. I wouldn't even bother playing the Freemium model if I couldn't stand to compete with P2P'ers. Really the Fremium model itself creates some very interesting dynamics on both sides, but this isn't the place to discuss that. ;)

Oh, no not all. I wasn't even refering to anyone in this thread. Just an observation. I think even a free to play guy should be able to compete against others if he has a little OCD. ;)
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    ... I think even a free to play guy should be able to compete against others if he has a little OCD. ;)
    Shh! Don't give away my strategy!! :*
  • $4.99 Dooku pack. Which I earned from Google Opinion Rewards. So actually nothing. Grinding since thanksgiving. currently level 51. 26 toons unlocked. I will have Vader and Sidious after midnight bringing it to 28.