Qui-Gon Jinn next issue with Humbling Blow

Tomek
327 posts Member
Hi ,
It looks, I found next major bug of humbling blow.
I see very often (I can not say - it is every time - i will have to check it) not working Humbling Blow level 6 on target with advantages on.
The result is : the target survives the attack of HB , it has been debuffed and no more adventage , but the team does not have the offence up as a result of successfull debuff.
I tested it carefull and this bug is on first attac on target after advanced on too - no possibility to finishing advantages itself as a result of it's timeoff.

The rest bugs reported on this forum :
- HB level 6 does not work if target debuffed and killed
- Harmonious Assault does not call assist from time to time - every 20-30 uses.

Replies

• I verified. HB level 6th sometimes works on Adventage sometimes not.

I am observing more often problem with HA. I do not have an assist every 15-20 use of it.
  • I'm having the same problem very rarely do I find humbling blow working and granting my team offense up. Major bug definitely takes away from the effectiveness of qgj
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This has to do with the order that damage/dispel is applied. First the damage is applied and then the dispel effect. So if you use humbling blow on a target with advantage who has already been attacked once or has a dot on him, the game will first register the damage and remove advantage and then register the dispel which has nothing to dispel, so you won't gain the offense up.

It will look like humbling blow dispelled the status effect but in actuality the damage did. This is the same reason that when you kill someone with humbling blow the damage applies first and the character dies so there is nothing to dispel. Or when you dispel someone with retribution, that character still counter attacks after the effect is dispelled. Or when you dispel someone with foresight the foresight goes away (from the dodge) but doesn't grant offense up.

I'm unsure if this order is intentional, but they did reverse the order that leader abilities were applied so that +speed leader abilities work turn one so it's possible that they just reversed the priority of this as well and they might change it so that the dispel triggers before the damage.
    Post edited by oTradeMark on
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • This is true. I'm seeing HB not dispelled any status effects and also only giving offense up to QGJ and not the entire party.
  • Great answer oTrademark, kudos.
  • Well I just dispelled yodas foresight he did not die and yet still no offense up was applied. Like I'm saying rarely ever does it actually do anything.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Yep, one reason I'm half tempted to kick him to the bench. Maybe once he sees i86 in his place he will learn to shape up.
  • That makes sense oTradeMark. However, has anyone else had trouble with removing a taunt? It only works about 50% of the time with humbling blow for me.
  • Imurfader wrote: »
    That makes sense oTradeMark. However, has anyone else had trouble with removing a taunt? It only works about 50% of the time with humbling blow for me.

Is it being resisted? I have humbling blow get resisted frequently, especially by pre-nerf poe
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • That's possible, but i don't remember for sure. I'll keep an eye out and post an update if that's not the case.
  • Imurfader wrote: »
    That makes sense oTradeMark. However, has anyone else had trouble with removing a taunt? It only works about 50% of the time with humbling blow for me.
    I do not have it too bad. My efficiency is better and I can say it can be 70-75%.
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    This has to do with the order that damage/dispel is applied. First the damage is applied and then the dispel effect. So if you use humbling blow on a target with advantage who has already been attacked once ...
    As I have written I special taked care on it and i wrote about an issue when the char had "fresh" advanced up applied , and QGJ,s strike was the first after it.
    "This is the same reason that when you kill someone with humbling blow the damage applies first and the character dies so there is nothing to dispel. "
    Yep, it has sense. But killing is the sam good debuff like standard debuff :)
    Or when you dispel someone with retribution, that character still counter attacks after the effect is dispelled.
    Yes, it works if HB debuffing retribution. I can not say it works every time, or not every time - but I observing it works.
    If I debuff it I see Kylo counter attack me. This is a bug to fix and good proof of all buff/debuff engine not working good.
    Or when you dispel someone with foresight the foresight goes away (from the dodge) but doesn't grant offense up.
    This is a point to think if this is good or not.
    I'm unsure if this order is intentional, but they did reverse the order that leader abilities were applied so that +speed leader abilities work turn one so it's possible that they just reversed the priority of this as well and they might change it so that the dispel triggers before the damage.
    [/quote]

I agree, it has to be official defined and fixed . Else EA has to public the list of buffs which will not work with HB.
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    I have same problem for Advantage.. it is removed but no Offence up.. maybe is not a stats buff?
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Working as intended, QGJ is already a proud member of the OP flavor of the month club.

Humbling Blow is fine.
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    I think now is fixed got an offence up in squad battle
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Powda wrote: »
    Working as intended, QGJ is already a proud member of the OP flavor of the month club.

Humbling Blow is fine.

So Kylo counter attacking after the counter buff is removed is intended? QGJ being able to get a free offense up on Savage Opress every time he uses it on him, whether he's got a buff at the time or not, that's intended, too? Got a source on that?

All attacks need to process on-hit effects before damage, and not just Humbling Blow. Yoda's Masterstroke does the same thing to an enemy Savage, and shouldn't.