I am really impressed with phoenix squad

Prev1345
DatBoi
3615 posts Member
I really wasn't expecting to get very far in the TB phoenix squad mission in phase 5. My Phoenix team is only g8 and those combat missions were giving my strongest teams a run for their money. However, Phoenix hung in there until the 6th encounter. If you can manage the enemy's dps and you know when to use the team's abilities, phoenix has incredible survivability.

Anybody else have similar experiences?

Replies

• somehow I think your being sarcastic.
  • Yeah, that's what I typed into guild chat. "My Phoenix Squad is only gear7 and unmodded, but I got 5/6 clear."

Can't wait until I finish Captain Han and Kylo Ren and Old Ben so I can finally give them mods.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I agree, they are my second or third strongest squad. I still need to boost their gear levels, but Hera's leader ability can make them tough to handle. Especially with high speed and the ability to replenish protection.
  • Plus there's nothing more satisfying than a Snowtrooper using its AoE and then all five of your guys counterattacking...
  • They are absolutely underrated. They get a bad rap because they are hard to gear and weren't arena worthy at time of release. But they are still really good.
  • My 7/8 PS completed 5 rounds, but thanks because the special attack is awesome (the platoon one, IDK how it's called in English)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Hskull55 wrote: »
    My 7/8 PS completed 5 rounds, but thanks because the special attack is awesome (the platoon one, IDK how it's called in English)
    Rebel Strafing Run.

We only managed to unlock it for yesterday's missions, but for today's missions we have it at rank 2. That speed increase MURDERS.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    My 7/8 PS completed 5 rounds, but thanks because the special attack is awesome (the platoon one, IDK how it's called in English)
    Rebel Strafing Run.

We only managed to unlock it for yesterday's missions, but for today's missions we have it at rank 2. That speed increase MURDERS.

Thanks
  • Between the aoe Special and a strong defensive team (Sabine was left out and Hera, Choppe, Zeb and Kanan uniques all omega), they did 5/6 in Phase 5 with just gear 8! They are pretty good for this particular mission, if you ask me. Still non viable for the rest of the game, but some help while I prepare them for Thrawn.
  • I was surprised to finish 5/6.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I was surprised to finish 5/6.

Me too ^_^
  • My phoenix squad is gear 7 and 8. And with rebel strafing run I was able to beat all 6 rounds.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    somehow I think your being sarcastic.

Im completely serious. And this was without the strafing run
  • I think a guild full of nothing but Phoenix and resitance can take down haat.
    Phx are great. Not arena sure but they help añotnworh legend characters and can do some work in p1.
  • I actually was as well... i threw them on auto as tbh no idea how to run them and they destroyed 5/6...
  • Saraleb wrote: »
    I actually was as well... i threw them on auto as tbh no idea how to run them and they destroyed 5/6...

I run them wth chopper no Sabine. And I make sure Zeb is always the called to assist. Choppers basic is dog poop but the rest of his kit is great.
  • Same here they were at 50-60% protection on phase 6, I also have them g8, they did really great, unfortunately I don't plan on getting them higher soon, they want waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of the same gear(which isn't something like mk4 guns lol).
  • I also put it on auto. I never actually play this team and I'm not super familiar with their abilities. I just let the AI handle it, and they got all the way to the sixth battle.
    I actually was as well... i threw them on auto as tbh no idea how to run them and they destroyed 5/6...

That's exactly what I did and what happened to me!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Soooo, with sabine or chop ?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I hope this encourages more people to run them in Arena, because they're easy pickings there. I can't hit the "battle" button fast enough when one shows up.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Use commander luke lead with kanan and what ever other phoenix team you want then they all have over 100% counter chance.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I hope this encourages more people to run them in Arena, because they're easy pickings there. I can't hit the "battle" button fast enough when one shows up.

I've never seen a Phoenix team in the arena, and I never will.
  • Use commander luke lead with kanan and what ever other phoenix team you want then they all have over 100% counter chance.
    I wish. Only Heras leadership ability makes them share their uniques :(.

dad2my3 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Probably not. Atf with a phx/rebel tag would've been cool solely for the dps from atf. But they have some omegas and zetas to grow.

I run them wth chopper no Sabine. And I make sure Zeb is always the called to assist. Choppers basic is dog poop but the rest of his kit is great.

I like the support staff on Chopper's basic, especially the cooldown decrease.
    Unf. Sabine has no usefulness in a Phoenix squad at all.
    She is the only main character I liked in the Rebels series...

Should of clarified- just the rock throwing part of it is meh.
    Agreed Sabine prob coolest on the show or at least one with the most story arch.
  • usho1 wrote: »
    Soooo, with sabine or chop ?

Pretty much always Chopper. The damage output from her doesnt make up for the loss of utility and survivability from Chop.

Idk if i agree with that. Sabine can do some pretty massive damge.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Saraleb wrote: »

Idk if i agree with that. Sabine can do some pretty massive damge.

Sabine and Ezra are a dream team of buttkicking.

I have them at G10 and G9 respectively and their uniques feed into one another quite well.

I haven't done phase 5 yet but with Phase 4 I was able to to 6/6 waves. I am impressed with them as well, especially considering they are mostly G8.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I see four or five in the 200-300 range where I usually live.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH