Galactic War is unreasonably difficult...

Prev1
It's been going on for a while. My galactic wars are insanely difficult. I've palyed the gane for 10 months. I don't have many maxed gear toons and I certainly don't have the luxury of the best mods. I have a good rebel team, a decent sith team and only 2 zetas on maul and vader.

I keep facing top of the line teams. Maxed gear, great mods, multiple zetas. I face zeta maul, zavage, zylo teams frequently. Zqgj, kenobi teams. Baze-chirrut, nihilis, Thrawn teams and recently tons of CLS, zaris, kenobi, thrawn, nihilus, r2, raid han teams. They are always maxed out completely. Mods, gear and multiple zetas per team. Sometimes i face similar teams in node 9 or 11, but always in 12.

I feel like the only way i can beat them is by spending over half hour for one of those fights which seems ridiculous. I need to do multiple retries, build tm in advance, do suicide squads and use every trick in the book. I'm generally a very smart person who analyzes each battle. I use literally every strategy imaginable however some of these fights are simply unbeatable.

Earlier today i had a Kenobi, zaris, nihilus, thrawn, cls team. 6 zetas all together. I did my best for half hour, i couldn't get past it.

I seems so unfair that I face these teams and i haven't been in the game for a year yet...

We all need to unite for this. Galactic war has to get easier, it's too unfair considering it's out main source of income...

Replies

• I'm pretty sure if you don't have any g10, and your facing maxed out g11 with 6 zetas, then that is more than the 20% threshold they claim is GW. What is the power of your top team and top 5 characters? What is the power of some of these teams you face? If it's over a 20% difference then yes CG should address the GW issue.
  • What's to dislike? Anyone here thinks gw is easy unless you have a geared resistance team? ****. The only people I know who don't have issues with gw are those with zfinn teams. So gw is an entire part of the game made for a single squad???
  • I'm pretty sure if you don't have any g11 and your facing maxed out g11 with 6 zetas, then that is more than the 20% threshold they claim is GW. What is the power of your top team and top 5 characters? What is the power of some of these teams you face? If it's over a 20% difference then yes CG should address the GW issue.
  • @Khada_Jhin you spent a few minutes writing this post. I think you should spend another minute or two to watch a 2 minute video that will lead you to a solution, a fairly simple one. Good luck
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127467/resistance-vid-f2p-ownz#latest
  • Khada_Jhin wrote: »
    What's to dislike? Anyone here thinks gw is easy unless you have a geared resistance team? ****. The only people I know who don't have issues with gw are those with zfinn teams. So gw is an entire part of the game made for a single squad???

My Resistance is pretty good, with zFinn lead, but since CLS was introduced I've struggled. I was beating GW every day, now it's more like every other day. So, even Resistance isn't the solution.

If you're not at level 85 with a lot of maxed toons then you're gonna struggle big time with GW. It's not fair, but, according to the devs, its wai.
    What's to dislike? Anyone here thinks gw is easy unless you have a geared resistance team? ****. The only people I know who don't have issues with gw are those with zfinn teams. So gw is an entire part of the game made for a single squad???

Those resistance teams are also rather viable in the arena (depending on your shard), as well as in phases 2 and 4 of HAAT,
  • @Khada_Jhin you spent a few minutes writing this post. I think you should spend another minute or two to watch a 2 minute video that will lead you to a solution, a fairly simple one. Good luck
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127467/resistance-vid-f2p-ownz#latest

Dude ain't that what I'm saying, should we have to have resistance or not get gw done? How is that fair? Have you seen the gear requirements? Have you seen how much raid gear they need? Poe and finn need so many droid callers and stun guns. It's not easy to gear resistance fast enough
  • @Khada_Jhin Different squads excel in different areas. Clones are amazing in HAAT but they are terrible in arena. Rebels play well everywhere but unless your rebels are elite, other teams in arena and GW will beat you. Same goes with resistance: killer in GW, decent in arena, great for HAAT. Resistance isnt the only team that can clear GW though. Clones, Imperial Troopers, Sith work well too.

If you want to succeed in this game, you gotta play ball. I get that we all want to farm the toons and factions we are passionate about and you should. But dont blame CG for the directions you choose. Just a general rule of thumb: never farm nightsisters then wonder why the game is unbearably hard.

I was getting my butt whooped in GW with my sith and struggled in HAAT. So what could I do? Unenthusiastically started farming. Sometimes thats what this game is. You think anyone is passionate about ugly brown squirt gun gang resistance squad? Im just saying there is more you can do than come on here and demand change. If you know the answer to beating GW then get to work. If not, then you will know why you're struggling.
  • Terrible design. Enemy teams WAY superior to anything you have is just plain terrible design.
  • @Khada_Jhin Different squads excel in different areas. Resistance isnt the only team that can clear GW though. Clones, Imperial Troopers,

I beg to differ. My Troopers squad routinely fails on node 11 & 12 of GW now to CLS, Chaze squads so much so that I don't even bother taking them on. Today I was faced with a Gear 12 CLS and a gear 12 R2 on node 12 with a gear 11 Chaze and GK to back them up. I'm not a whale, I've spent $30 on the game to farm Old Ben for CLS in the last 9 months.
    You think anyone is passionate about ugly brown squirt gun gang resistance squad? Im just saying there is more you can do than come on here and demand change. If you know the answer to beating GW then get to work. If not, then you will know why you're struggling.

A problem with this game is that the developers basically force you into playing a certain way with certain squads if you want to succeed in everything. I wanted to focus on Imperial toons on this account, but time and time again the developers have pointed out in the way of updates that that style of play is wrong and won't get me far. Territory Battles is just the peak of that after saying "use your entire roster" and now that's been refined to '...btw lightside only'. Yes it's allowing me to have a more varied roster, but it comes as a result of player freedom being removed from the game.

Back to the GW topic, whoever designed the new power ratings messed it up big time BUT with Galactic Power being a thing there's now an opportunity to use that to make you face players with similar squads based on Galactic Power and not top squad power. Seeing as you're now facing 3-4 almost maxed out squads each GW (give or take a star here or there on Baze which has next to no impact on anything except his power rating), it would be a fairer way of not turning up to node 12 with squads that have already been battered to face a maxed out meta squad from a whale who's already geared up 2 toons within a few hours of gear 12 items being released

• Yeah, GW is hard. I had a G12 CLS and G12 R2 hanging out with Chaze and GK tonight. I don't have GK or any G12 guys but I managed. It took me all those crazy tricks OP was talking about to do so, and CLS probably would have murdered what was left of my entire roster single-handedly if I didn't bring in my G6, unmodded Thrawn to Fracture him and beat his face in.

Anyway, I don't see "Star, Gear, Level, and Mod Resistance to the MAX!" as a really reasonable response to this situation since if anyone had a single team that was maxed out in such a fashion they probably wouldn't be here complaining. It isn't easy to do that with any group of characters, let alone one that you may have no interest in (despite what the rest of us may do, there are some people who just don't want to bother with characters they don't like).

My only real complaint about GW is this: The higher Nodes are a bore/chore because you know it's going to be five of the same handful of characters every day. CLS, Thrawn, R2, GK, Chaze, Zariss, Rex, Han Solo, Darth "I'm On Every Team" Nihilus.

It's bad enough to have to go against all this twice a day in Arena, but we have to suffer through it in GW too? There are characters in this game that I don't think I've ever seen across the battlefield from me for as long as I've played and yet I see these characters several times daily.

• I love it. I finish it often but not always and it is always a challenge, usually using most of my toons.

It only gets easier when you have several types of competitive teams(20-25 toons) to throw at it. I usually use my best six teams in the first six nodes to build tm. After that, I use whatever team is best suited to win. I am not afraid of retreating as I have built my teams with different objectives in mind(Jedi killers, pips, buffs, etc.) and often switch up leads/mods and experiment with rosters to nullify specific tactics.

Pick your teams carefully and look for synergy in your strategy.
  • snarzenal wrote: »
    I love it. I finish it often but not always and it is always a challenge, usually using most of my toons.

It only gets easier when you have several types of competitive teams(20-25 toons) to throw at it. I usually use my best six teams in the first six nodes to build tm. After that, I use whatever team is best suited to win. I am not afraid of retreating as I have built my teams with different objectives in mind(Jedi killers, pips, buffs, etc.) and often switch up leads/mods and experiment with rosters to nullify specific tactics.

Pick your teams carefully and look for synergy in your strategy.

One problem with that train of thought - CLS counters pretty much everything - debuffers are no good against him unless you have another elite toon (Thrawn) to put fracture on him because he either outright resist or just cleanses. His self healing is stupid. All in all, CLS is simply in need of a rework. If you need an entire TEAM ( or multiple teams) to take out one single toon, there is something wrong.

• It's annoying. Been **** me off for several months, I generally reset (if available) or stop after completing Node 11.

Wouldn't be so bad if the reward was worthy of the challenge, but alas 'tis poo!
  • I'd love to stop facing teams with Luke lead, GK, Old Ben, Han and R2 all gear 11 and zeta'd out (18-19k power each) while my best team tops out at 14k for my best character. There is no way for me to beat this team. I can barely get through their protection on 1 character before my entire team is gone. What fun is it to put something in that you have no chance at all to beat. It's not going to make me spend money on your game. If anything I'll stop playing because you can't balance for ****.
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    Terrible design. Enemy teams WAY superior to anything you have is just plain terrible design.

+100
  • Farm a squad that does it all, from slaughtering your GW enemies to punching tanks. A future meta in the making, viva la Resistance!

735h0rE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
    Ki3A4Wb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
    lCNrv8f_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high
    7YelqWq_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

You won't regret it. Join the Resistance!
  • Fumanchu
    33 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Clearly the answer to stupid design is to farm require players to farm yet another meta to bypass said stupid design. How about just don't give me teams that are impossible to beat. I don't mind a challenge but there is a difference between a challenge and a team that can kitten on my entire roster regardless of what team comps I try.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • My problem now is that I zeta'd a 5* Finn (drop rates on Zeta are so poor, it took me 3 to 4 months to get 20). Just in preparation for building a resistance squad. I have Poe nearly at 5* but Res Troop is only 2*. Since I have the zeta in, getting past 10 is almost impossible. Finn is nowhere near my top 5 (currently 27th strongest), yet the amount of zeta squads I now face is ridiculous.

GW really isn't fun. It is geared to force people to pay. I can think long term, but my improvement has really stalled due to very few GW crystals and a lot less credits. Not to mention pretty much no character shards.

To make matters worse, by the time I have a decent Finn team, I can guarantee there will be something else out that will destroy it.
  • Tamonizer
    325 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I get hard nodes on nodes 3 and nodes 6, but are still quite diverse. But nodes 9 and 10 are always some kitten up rebel teams. Nodes 11 and nodes 12 are uber weirdly powerful arena teams. Even better than arena teams. It's insane. And they give us some kitten random kitten. We deserve better.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • I am a completionist, i don't quit until I can no longer have toons to go. I hate pushing the reset button until all nodes are complete. Every day is the same story, CLS, nihilus, thrawn, r2, kenobi, zarriss, raid han, baze, chirrut, rex, zylo. I literaly pray for zauls and zaders cause they are easy compared to the rest, i got only 2 zeta, one on maul and one on cls. I face teams with 6-7 zetas and it's really annoying. My zaul feels so weak even tho he s gear 11 modded, still dies like he is a newb and barely scratch protections, mind you he was the meta a couple months ago. My tankiest squad feels like they are weaklings compared the hp and protections of the other guys, it's almost like they have unreal hp anf protection, makes no sense to me....
  • Wisp
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Fumanchu wrote: »
    I'd love to stop facing teams with Luke lead, GK, Old Ben, Han and R2 all gear 11 and zeta'd out (18-19k power each) while my best team tops out at 14k for my best character. There is no way for me to beat this team. I can barely get through their protection on 1 character before my entire team is gone. What fun is it to put something in that you have no chance at all to beat. It's not going to make me spend money on your game. If anything I'll stop playing because you can't balance for ****.

I agree with this. I keep running into insanely powerful teams on the last 2 nodes that are mathematically impossible to beat with my available toons. I play everyday to max daily advancement and do pay money every month or two, and I'm in a good raiding guide, so I'm doing pretty ok from a team/squad/power perspective... but there is simply nothing I can do to beat the last nodes most days now. Today I even had a node 6 that after a single combat action, wiped my entire gear 10, 7 star Sith team before I got a second action. The last node was fully maxed CLS, GenK, R2, Chirut, Blaze.... blew through my remaining 3 raid-ready squads without even poking through the protection on a single toon... at my current rate of character improvement, I'm guessing it would take me over a year to be able to beat that team...

I like hard and challenges that you fail multiple times before you find the right strategy... but mathematically impossible battles are just frustrating.... it's the kind of frustration that stops people from putting more money into a game... I could drop $500 on the game today and still have no hope of beating those battles today...
    Post edited by Wisp on
  • A moderator wrote this in my GW feedback:

For the difficulty, it's WAI. Node 12 is meant to be 115% of your top 5 toons' aggregate power. And as it's using squads built by players, they're a good squad with synergy, working well together (which your top 5 might not be).
    So, you have to resort to several squads, built-up TM, suicide/killer squads, etc, like the above posters wrote.

and there in lies the problem, your top 5 toons, once you start putting Zeta's on, your toast. As i stated to him, there are now +- 125 toons, take the aggregate of the top 25 or 50 toons and do 115%. This way I am most likely facing someone within my skillset. I mean, I had one guy who had nearly every toon, 90% level 85, and 80+% gear 11. I cant beat that, especially when I have zero GK shards. I dont mind it being hard, what i mind is the demoralizing crushing of my team before i can even get past GK protection.
  • Nhlpreds98 wrote: »
    and there in lies the problem, your top 5 toons, once you start putting Zeta's on, your toast.
    GW is still using the old power rating system, which doesn't take zetas into account. The downside is that you might face teams that have the same (old system) power rating, but more zetas. The upside is that you can add zetas to your squad without making your opponents any more difficult in GW.
    Some day they'll probably work on implementing the new power rating system into GW, but I'm sure they'll want to do some balance testing on it, first.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!

No resistance team here and i have no issues with gw.
  • Wisp
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I think there are a few problems with basing the GW off your top 5.

1) it takes ALOT of work and time to get a squad fully geared up. I invest time and money into the game and it's still a slow process. I have 3 squads of decent toons, but one squad is definitely much stronger than the others. But none of my squads use all 5 top toons since they don't necessary work well together.... the game, however, takes your top five toons power --- which don't work well together --- and then pit them against an arena team that is 15% stronger and designed to work together... of course your team will be lower in power than your top 5 top, so the final battle is with a far superior team.

2) GW teams have to survive multiple battles in a row, which often means you are rotating in a heal or tank toon (sometimes both) to try a keep all 5 squad toons alive each battle. Passing nodes 6,9, and 11, often wipes out the protection on your team --you are then often going into node 12 with little or no remaining protection (I've tried running my second strongest team through the earlier nodes, but often am forced to bring my A team into node 9 and 11-- then both A & B are stripped of their protection points for node 12). The node 11 can also often cause the loss of toons from one of your better teams and force you to use special abilities. You then go into the final node with a team with possible replacement toons on your squad, protection gone, and some special abilities on cool down, against a fresh arena team that has a power rating a minimum of 15 more power (probable more like 25-35% in reality),full protection, no cooldowns, and designed to blast a single battle ( not survive a sequence of battles). I'll often send in secondary squads to weaken the opponent, but these are slightly weaker teams then my main, and often cannot do enough to significantly impact the opposing squad...

3) I don't think the power system is properly accounting for Zeta abilities, team synergies, and some of the newer toons. For instance I've had a single Zeta'd gear 11 toon like a Kylo wipe all three of my top squads in a row on node 12. I also had a lvl 71 (yes... 71) CLS, Chirut, Blaze, R2 team in node 6 nearly wipe my lvl85 gear 9&10 rebel team (my strongest squad)-- took three tries to pass with out losing a toon. To then get to the end to find gear 11, Zeta'd CLS, GenK, etc... against my gear 9&10, no Zetas, protection gone, etc. = not going to happen.

Last thought... a lot of the node 12 teams I see look a lot like the squads I see in top 50 arena positions... my best arena squad... designed for a single battle... hovers around 225 ranking.... I lose regularly if I try to push to better rankings simply because my teams aren't strong enough yet... fair enough... I'm working hard to improve that squad.. it is important to note that in the battles at that level I often lose multiple toons during the battle but often win the fight. Pitting that squad against a top 50 squad would be absolute suicide. Yet.. in GW the game IS pitting my weaker needs-to-survive-multiple-battles-in-a-row-without-losing-toon squad against these top 50 arena teams... and yup.... absolute suicide....

P.s. I do love the game, and the galactic battles in general... just hoping relaying my experience helps get us a more balance end to Galactic battles...
  • I know people who take 2 houra to finish gw. That's a **** long time. You gotta have no life for that. My gw can take 15-20 minutes to get to the last 2 nodes and i have to spend sometimes half hour strategizing around a single battle. I have to try infinite retries to get the rng to favour me. I have to keep swapping toons, changing leaders, doing every trick in the book, I've had battles last over 45 minutes of just doing retries over and over again just to get that one perfect rng and then get shutdown anyways.

If gw is really meant to be 115% of your top 5 toons then my toons shouldn't be getting one shotted while my wiggs combo can barely cratch the 25% of a toon's protection ..
  • It just sucks spending so much time on the team I have only to run into nothing but Gear 12 P2P accounts with Thrawn, Kenobi, Commander Luke, R2D2 all zeta'd out. Even if my top forces weren't depleted at this point, I would still not be able to finish. I get that they want Galactic War to be challenging, but it's back to being impossible again for me at least. I have other guys in my guild with similar toons that have no problem cruising through GW. It makes no sense that every time I improve my team GW difficulty increases at a rate that makes it impossible to complete. Whats the point in even playing when upgrading your team makes no difference in your ability to complete a challenge? I think EA should definitely review how they balance this part of the game. The Resistance team everyone suggests will be obsolete by the time I farm the toons and gear them up. GW is my one and only complaint when it comes to SWGoH.
  • I hardly bother with GW anymore. I go until i hit a team i know will take me several tries to beat then hit reset. It's too much of a time sink to waste time on.

As I've said before anyway, toons aren't the problem - mods are the problem. If you're not fortunate to have the right mods good luck. Even if you do have the right mods, by the time you switch them to your second and then third string team to just be competitive, you've wasted so many credits you're barely even getting a real reward.

Just isn't worth it.