When to use offense primary triangle mod (crit damage set)

Does anyone ever use an Offense triangle mod with a crit damage set? I just got one with a decent speed secondary and boost my CLS speed from 238 to 244 and increase my damage a few hundred points. The drawback is my crit damage goes all the way down from 216% to 180%.

Is it worth it to boost the speed and lose the crit damage percentage or should I stick with the 216% damage and lower speed?

Replies

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I typically leave my DPS characters at 216%, but I might take the speed with CLS. He does damage, but is there for a lot more, as well. Every time he goes, there is the potential for some TM gains for the team, so you want him fast. A pure damage dealer like Han or Leia would need the 216%, though.
  • You can use it on a toon that doesn't need cd but can use the speed. Can ignore the set if they holds you up.
  • Acrofales wrote: »

Thanks. It's actually the Offense triangle on a Crit Damage set you mentioned you were going to do later. Great post though.
  • You can use it on a toon that doesn't need cd but can use the speed. Can ignore the set if they holds you up.

Sadly at 10 speed it's not high enough to really put to good use anywhere in arena. I'm trying it out on CLS right now and I'll see how it goes. If I fall too far too fast I'll switch back to the CD. The challenge is losing so much CD basically means your CD set basically functions as a speed set if you're maxing speed instead of CD.
  • I put mine on R2 because through Number Crunch Zeta he gives bonus offence to the rest of the squad.
  • SavEisen wrote: »
    I put mine on R2 because through Number Crunch Zeta he gives bonus offence to the rest of the squad.

If the speed is high enough to give R2 an advantage that seems great. The offense team bonus seems quite small though.
  • True, But every little bit helps. Because of the way I modded my R2, if he's eliminated first I can really notice a difference in my squad.
    True, But every little bit helps. Because of the way I modded my R2, if he's eliminated first I can really notice a difference in my squad.

Do you use R2 as your tank then?
  • @Napoli K2 is being used as my tank. But because of the squad I use, Number Crunch helps out a lot.

For R2, these are his stats.

Protection = 37769
    Plus 10% from K2 = 41545
    Distribution of 4155 protection to each Ally

Health = 2286
    Plus 40% from K2, Cassian, Raid Han and CLS = 32008
    Distribution of 9145 health to each ally

Offence = 2580
    Distribution of 258 offence to each ally.

So to summarize, based on the numbers from My R2, each ally would gain 13,300 total hit points and 258 additional offence. I think those numbers make a significant difference in my toons damage and survivability.
    @Napoli K2 is being used as my tank. But because of the squad I use, Number Crunch helps out a lot.

For R2, these are his stats.

Protection = 37769
    Plus 10% from K2 = 41545
    Distribution of 4155 protection to each Ally

Health = 2286
    Plus 40% from K2, Cassian, Raid Han and CLS = 32008
    Distribution of 9145 health to each ally

Offence = 2580
    Distribution of 258 offence to each ally.

So to summarize, based on the numbers from My R2, each ally would gain 13,300 total hit points and 258 additional offence. I think those numbers make a significant difference in my toons damage and survivability.

@SavEisen - What are your stats for Raid Han?
  • Commented this on your other thread.
  • As an update, since my CD dropped from 216 to 180 I realized the CD set is basically a speed set if I go that direction. So instead of getting a modest speed bump, I changed out all my mods to bump speed up to 251 and increase CD from 180 to 186 - that way I get a better speed jump and actually have more CD (though just barely at +6%). If it doesn't work well I'll go back to the original mods.

This setup places me in the top of the middle tier for CLS speed though (top tier seeming to be 270+, middle tier in the 230s to 250s).