The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• RogerMoore_007
    147 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    DT will likely be my first g12. Although I'm not sure if there are better options such as Stormtrooper or Veers. I would consider DK but he's still on 5* :(
  • Anyone G12 Deathtrooper yet? I have the salvage, not sure if I can pull the trigger over GK.

@DropItLikeItHoth -- Just did this morning
  • miracel
    Anyone G12 Deathtrooper yet? I have the salvage, not sure if I can pull the trigger over GK.

@DropItLikeItHoth -- Just did this morning

was it worth it?
  • Hard to tell at this moment -- he's certainly more durable, but I think that the post g12 pieces will make a bigger difference.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I took Tarkin to G12 today. His ship got a +1 speed increase. He is a lot tankier now with the zeta as well. He is so fun to use.

I think Krennic is next. He requires 3 pieces which isn't fun to grind, but I think it will be extremely worth it.
  • @Mega_Man is the speed on Executrix 163?

I just took my Tarkin to G12 last night and that is what it bumped mine up to.

Mine only has the Zeta on his unique but I am curious to know if G12 plus double Zeta adds more speed.

Thrawn would be G12 right now if he was 7* but alas, who knows when his event is returning.

I just started grinding Mk 6 droid caller salvage tonight hoping to make Krennic my next G12 as well.

I'm a little torn as I know that human players usually take out DT first when fighting me but it's easy to revive him with Krennic. When Krennic dies first it rarely ends well.
  • @Gaidal_Cain Yes, his speed is 163. I do not have a zeta on his leader ability.

I agree with the dilemma of DT or DK first to G12. I don't know the attacking order of others when I am on defense. Do they generally go after DT first?
  • Has anibody geared Stormtrooper to G12? Looks like he gets quite more tanky... Looking forward to place him instead of DN in my arena team: zzThrawn, DK, zDT, ShT and DN...
  • Mega_Man wrote: »
    @Gaidal_Cain Yes, his speed is 163. I do not have a zeta on his leader ability.

I agree with the dilemma of DT or DK first to G12. I don't know the attacking order of others when I am on defense. Do they generally go after DT first?

I vote DT for a couple of reasons: 1) he's much faster to get there (1 piece instead of 3); 2) one of the pieces post g12 gives him a bunch more damage, more potency, AND more health steal. Since he goes a lot, that damage and potency boost is huge. Plus, his extra health steal helps Krennic out as well.
  • i love the empire i really do, but with CLS and what he has done to the game why is this even a thing anymore?? in my shard in the top 40 CLS led rebel groups are in the top 39 and the 20th ranked team is an akbar led team, id love to think we have a shot in hell but we dont. Bottom line is this game has turned so one sided its ridiculous. do you all really think g12 DT and DK is really gonna change things?
  • 212Attack wrote: »
    i love the empire i really do, but with CLS and what he has done to the game why is this even a thing anymore?? in my shard in the top 40 CLS led rebel groups are in the top 39 and the 20th ranked team is an akbar led team, id love to think we have a shot in hell but we dont. Bottom line is this game has turned so one sided its ridiculous. do you all really think g12 DT and DK is really gonna change things?

I'm also the only Empire player in the top 50. I tried zeta Tarkin (lead) but I'm now running Thrawn lead (no zeta yet on lead). He's better in that hard rebel environment. CLS is hard to beat because of his counter and his 30k crit dmg who ignores taunt.
    The rebels are OP for now and I think it will continue (a year that we have OP rebels delivered now). Thrawn brought diversity, CLS broke diversity.
    As specified in this thread, Empire would really need Krennic against them because of his huge dmg bonus (+100% CD for 5 debuffed rebels) but he's on a hard node and unusable at 4-5* (low HP).
  • I'm now running Thrawn, ShT, DT, Stormtrooper, zVeers. Did somebody tried to replace Stormtrooper by Magma in such a team ? Mine is not geared enough. The TM gain is huge with the Thrawn lead and Magma's unique.
    Imp. troopers will gain 90% TM when resisting or suffering a debuff.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    I'm now running Thrawn, ShT, DT, Stormtrooper, zVeers. Did somebody tried to replace Stormtrooper by Magma in such a team ? Mine is not geared enough. The TM gain is huge with the Thrawn lead and Magma's unique.

due to Magmas tenacity right? How does your team fair in the arena? I'm essentially going for your comp rn maybe switch Tarkin in place of Veers every now and again

• SharkMilkk wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I'm now running Thrawn, ShT, DT, Stormtrooper, zVeers. Did somebody tried to replace Stormtrooper by Magma in such a team ? Mine is not geared enough. The TM gain is huge with the Thrawn lead and Magma's unique.

due to Magmas tenacity right? How does your team fair in the arena? I'm essentially going for your comp rn maybe switch Tarkin in place of Veers every now and again

Yes. Magma adds 30% tenacity and even if troopers suffers a debuff, they gain TM. I could stay top 20 before gr 12, but now it's harder due to CLS gr 12. I also need better mods and a zeta on Thrawn lead to increase my rank.
  • @212Attack Empire are still very relevant in this meta. I run zzThrawn, zDT, zTarkin, Krennic, and Shore and can take 1 everyday. I am the only Empire team left in the top 50. I fall to the mid 20s to mid 30s each day. The Empire are a very long farm unfortunately with shore and krennic only having 1 hard node each which is why, I think, not many people invested in them. However, if you are persistent, it will be worth it.

Krennic's basic can crit for 25k against Rebels. DT double taps Rebels and can stun/impose daze which prevents counters. His deathmark is also great and can get you through the GK/zBarriss teams. Tarkin imposes offense and crit chance down. Shore provides crit immunity. Thrawn's lead gives you 40% tm plus prot recovery when Luke applies his double debuff and 20% tm plus prot recovery to all when R2 applies burn.
  • Mega_Man wrote: »
    @212Attack Empire are still very relevant in this meta. I run zzThrawn, zDT, zTarkin, Krennic, and Shore and can take 1 everyday. I am the only Empire team left in the top 50. I fall to the mid 20s to mid 30s each day. The Empire are a very long farm unfortunately with shore and krennic only having 1 hard node each which is why, I think, not many people invested in them. However, if you are persistent, it will be worth it.

Krennic's basic can crit for 25k against Rebels. DT double taps Rebels and can stun/impose daze which prevents counters. His deathmark is also great and can get you through the GK/zBarriss teams. Tarkin imposes offense and crit chance down. Shore provides crit immunity. Thrawn's lead gives you 40% tm plus prot recovery when Luke applies his double debuff and 20% tm plus prot recovery to all when R2 applies burn.

I run the same team and took first last week. Problem is I usually don't have enough time to fight for top 5, but I can usually get in the top 10 no problem. I didn't even have Krennic to 7* until this morning.

If you play smart it's really not that hard to beat Cluke teams. I don't have any G12 yet, but I'm targeting DT first because he gets targeted a lot by the AI, plus the extra dmg and health steal are definitely good to have.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Well I guess we're doomed. 2 new ultra rediculous rebels with insane synergy and totally nuts damage. Stagger, team speed down, aoe for 14k with ability block, Daze, 100% crit chance, stacking crit damage, stacking offense, and 20% tm gain on damage taken.

For those uninformed, old han and veteran chewbacca are announced.
  • Durrun wrote: »
    Well I guess we're doomed. 2 new ultra rediculous rebels with insane synergy and totally nuts damage. Stagger, team speed down, aoe for 14k with ability block, Daze, 100% crit chance, stacking crit damage, stacking offense, and 20% tm gain on damage taken.

For those uninformed, old han and veteran chewbacca are announced.

Wait, I don't think they are rebels. Don't they only have the scoundrel tag?
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    You are in correct sir, still lightside though so r2 cleanse synergy and no darkside love
  • Wait, so we are getting a 4th Han Solo???

Chewbacca with a Rebel tag has been much requested (though this one won't have it sounds like) but why do we need another Han?
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    I like the new Han and that he is not rebel nor resistance thou we could have used 2nd Vader before 4th han. Like R1 Vader with unique that annihilates all rebels if they dont run and R1 Tarkin with ultimate firepower that annihilates all rebels, and Krennic, if in team. Or Maybe next Vader cuts Lukes hand off at the start of the round makin him unable to attack. Would be cool unique.
  • hS_ wrote: »
    I like the new Han and that he is not rebel nor resistance thou we could have used 2nd Vader before 4th han. Like R1 Vader with unique that annihilates all rebels if they dont run and R1 Tarkin with ultimate firepower that annihilates all rebels, and Krennic, if in team. Or Maybe next Vader cuts Lukes hand off at the start of the round makin him unable to attack. Would be cool unique.

LOL!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    The new Han and Chewbacca can have good synergy in a Thrawn team. Thrawn stuns when a target is AB. DT stuns when a target is dazed. Han has an AoE ability block and Chew has a daze on his basic.
    With Thrawn counter, it can be a lot of stun. Or put Saxon as lead with DT, Thrawn, Han and Chewie, can be fun.
  • Hi everyone! I want to expand my empire team, and I'm not sure where to go with it. I run rex in arena, and working on Phoenix for thrawn. I hear the troopers are good for GW? Anyway I have 7* g11 Vader, EP, TFP, DT, and Shore, and a g8 RG and g7 Tarkin. Any advice of what I should work on and where empire is viable?
  • Hi everyone! I want to expand my empire team, and I'm not sure where to go with it. I run rex in arena, and working on Phoenix for thrawn. I hear the troopers are good for GW? Anyway I have 7* g11 Vader, EP, TFP, DT, and Shore, and a g8 RG and g7 Tarkin. Any advice of what I should work on and where empire is viable?

I'm running troopers in GW everyday. I could do the whole GW with them until gear 12. Now, I struggle in GW12 and need 4 teams to get rid of that node, but they're still useful. I also run them with Thrawn as lead in arena and rank top 30 for now.
    I also use them in HAAT P2 (1.6M usually). I would need Magma to do better.
    DT, ShT and Thrawn when you'll unlock him is a good basis for an Empire team. Just don't forget they're long to gear up and farm.
    I also ran Tarkin lead for a while with DT, DN, ShT and Thrawn. They're also good but it's hard in arena with all those CLS teams.
    Hi everyone! I want to expand my empire team, and I'm not sure where to go with it. I run rex in arena, and working on Phoenix for thrawn. I hear the troopers are good for GW? Anyway I have 7* g11 Vader, EP, TFP, DT, and Shore, and a g8 RG and g7 Tarkin. Any advice of what I should work on and where empire is viable?

I'm running troopers in GW everyday. I could do the whole GW with them until gear 12. Now, I struggle in GW12 and need 4 teams to get rid of that node, but they're still useful. I also run them with Thrawn as lead in arena and rank top 30 for now.
    DT, ShT and Thrawn when you'll unlock him is a good basis for an Empire team. Just don't forget they're long to gear up and farm.
    I also ran Tarkin lead for a while with DT, DN, ShT and Thrawn. They're also good but it's hard in arena with all those CLS teams.

So who do you use in p2?
    Hi everyone! I want to expand my empire team, and I'm not sure where to go with it. I run rex in arena, and working on Phoenix for thrawn. I hear the troopers are good for GW? Anyway I have 7* g11 Vader, EP, TFP, DT, and Shore, and a g8 RG and g7 Tarkin. Any advice of what I should work on and where empire is viable?

So who do you use in p2?

zVeers, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, DT and Tarkin.
  • Anyone checked the gear needed for palpatine G12?? He's got 2 pieces giving Physical dmg.. whats up cg?? he doesn't deal any phys dmg AT ALL
  • On the bright side, my full empire squad is doing v good in arena, managed to take 12th spot today using zzThrawn(l) zDT ShT StormTrooper Tarkin, speed wise the order is Thrawn > DT > StormT > Tarkin > ShT, works really good, tarkin will do his aoe hiding behind storm's taunt, there for they all counter against Storm, taking TM from themselfes. I can probally hit top 10 if i had better speed mods, but for now its all Cap han farming for the guild
  • masternad
    37 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    On the bright side, my full empire squad is doing v good in arena, managed to take 12th spot today using zzThrawn(l) zDT ShT StormTrooper Tarkin, speed wise the order is Thrawn > DT > StormT > Tarkin > ShT, works really good, tarkin will do his aoe hiding behind storm's taunt, there for they all counter against Storm, taking TM from themselfes. I can probally hit top 10 if i had better speed mods, but for now its all Cap han farming for the guild

If you can make StormT faster than DT, then DT Grenade will cause CLS teams to counter against StormT after he taunts. I'm finding out that teams with OG Han is stunning my Thrawn and causing people to counter against DT if he is faster than StormT. Just another layer of protection putting AoE guys after the taunters. Majority of the CLS teams I go with too has CLS dispel and put up buff immunity over Shore leaving my team open.
    SWGoH Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/masternad/
    Discord: masternad#8521