Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• Once we get 1 or more stars in a territory and a phase ends, can we do more in that territory in a subsequent phase? (e.g. go back and complete a platoon, dump more allocation to increase star count, complete a combat mission which we did not do first time).

Do combat missions reset between phases? (I know that characters reset, but what about combat missions.) For instance, if we didn't get 1 star in a territory, and I totally bombed the combat mission because my 'A' team was in a different territory, will it be reset so I can try the combat again? I suspect that they don't, but haven't seen it specified.
  • Gmytrix wrote: »
    I just decided to quit this game after seeing preview of TB. After playing many months my rooster is very week and most of the guilds I played are very week comparing to requirements for this TB. Many guilds will be receiving very low level of awards. And I was in two guild. For almost 100 players only 2 had unlocked CLS. I know, not top guilds but I want to quit this. Thank you, goodbye, never again

Quit English
  • stohelit wrote: »
    Once we get 1 or more stars in a territory and a phase ends, can we do more in that territory in a subsequent phase? (e.g. go back and complete a platoon, dump more allocation to increase star count, complete a combat mission which we did not do first time).

Do combat missions reset between phases? (I know that characters reset, but what about combat missions.) For instance, if we didn't get 1 star in a territory, and I totally bombed the combat mission because my 'A' team was in a different territory, will it be reset so I can try the combat again? I suspect that they don't, but haven't seen it specified.
    For sure you can go back and redo previous territories. I'm not 100% sure you can redo Combat Missions, but the impression I got from the video and posts made by developers is that you should be able to do a Combat Mission once per phase. As I said, not entirely sure on that, but it's how I interpreted things.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    stohelit wrote: »
    Once we get 1 or more stars in a territory and a phase ends, can we do more in that territory in a subsequent phase? (e.g. go back and complete a platoon, dump more allocation to increase star count, complete a combat mission which we did not do first time).
    For sure you can go back and redo previous territories.

Any source on that? (Not disagreeing, just want to be sure, since affects strategy.)
    The only thing I have seen clearly stated is that if you don't single star a territory, you can go back to it. Thanks.
  • 12 hour window to do 10 to 20 minutes of gameplay is not bad.
    Want to complain about a time restrictions, how about arena.
    6pm payout.
    All comes down to last 30 minutes
  • stohelit wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    stohelit wrote: »
    For sure you can go back and redo previous territories.

Any source on that? (Not disagreeing, just want to be sure, since affects strategy.)
    The only thing I have seen clearly stated is that if you don't single star a territory, you can go back to it. Thanks.
    I thought they said it in this initial post, but re-reading it I don't see that. But I know I saw it somewhere. They said if you don't get 3* on the first try you can always go back and do more to get that last star. Sorry I don't have a source to quote, the search function isn't fun and I definitely don't want to dig through manually :P
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I thought they said it in this initial post, but re-reading it I don't see that. But I know I saw it somewhere. They said if you don't get 3* on the first try you can always go back and do more to get that last star. Sorry I don't have a source to quote, the search function isn't fun and I definitely don't want to dig through manually :P
    No, that wasn't said.
    The closest someone comes to saying that is when Warrior said (@47:20), "Territories with no stars, meaning that you didn't complete it, you can go back and replay anytime during this three-day event."
    But once you finish any phase with an active territory at at least one star, that territory is locked and you move on to the next one that its completion unlocks. You'll notice in all the graphics of later phases, only the furthest foward uncompleted phase is highlighted and marked with mission icons to click on/touch. All completed territories with a star rating are grayed out and don't show mission icons.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • DOH!!! I just noticed that we're not getting any credits from this. Unlike every other battle oriented aspect of this game, except Fleet Battles, we get credits.

Just Guild Events Tokens, possibly crystals if you get high enough, as well as Prize boxes that contain gear. The Guild Event Tokens only allows you to buy Toon shards and gear.

I'm hoping it's not too late for the Devs to throw some in.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    DOH!!! I just noticed that we're not getting any credits from this. Unlike every other battle oriented aspect of this game, except Fleet Battles, we get credits.

Just Guild Events Tokens, possibly crystals if you get high enough, as well as Prize boxes that contain gear. The Guild Event Tokens only allows you to buy Toon shards and gear.

I'm hoping it's not too late for the Devs to throw some in.

No!
    "No!" to we shouldn't get credits in TB, or "No!" they won't add credits as rewards?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    The closest someone comes to saying that is when Warrior said (@47:20), "Territories with no stars, meaning that you didn't complete it, you can go back and replay anytime during this three-day event."
    But once you finish any phase with an active territory at at least one star, that territory is locked and you move on to the next one that its completion unlocks. You'll notice in all the graphics of later phases, only the furthest forward uncompleted phase is highlighted and marked with mission icons to click on/touch. All completed territories with a star rating are grayed out and don't show mission icons.

Thank you @pyrefly for explaining the observations that lead to this conclusion, well observed. Suggests some strategy once we know how far we can reasonably get in TB. I hope they gave some way for the officers to lock out particular territories, or at least to audit and if the strategy was to only do territory A, find out who messed up and did territory B. Have to see when it goes live.
  • @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon Can you please clarify: Do we get TB points for individual contributions to the platoons, or just the bonus when they are filled?

This quote "Participating in Combat and Platoon Missions will automatically deploy those units, so players must make those decisions strategically!" suggests each character's GP are added to the total, but it is debated in my guild.

Thanks!

• @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon Can you please clarify: Do we get TB points for individual contributions to the platoons, or just the bonus when they are filled?

This quote "Participating in Combat and Platoon Missions will automatically deploy those units, so players must make those decisions strategically!" suggests each character's GP are added to the total, but it is debated in my guild.

Thanks!

You DO get points, but it must be full 15/15, so go for fill ups!
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon Can you please clarify: Do we get TB points for individual contributions to the platoons, or just the bonus when they are filled?

Thanks!

Let me take this further... do we get the 100k _plus_ the GP of each of the 15 characters, or just the 100k?
  • @CG_RyDiggs sorry to tag you again, the guild is never happy! See above, thanks !!
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon Can you please clarify: Do we get TB points for individual contributions to the platoons, or just the bonus when they are filled?

Thanks!

I think what they need clarification on is if you get the DEPLOYMENT points for assigning them to the platoon.
  • My guild has all platoons filled bar 1
    We are 14/15 in that last one.

What does this mean for us?

Still getting our heads around this game.

• DarthGazza wrote: »
    My guild has all platoons filled bar 1
    We are 14/15 in that last one.

What does this mean for us?

Still getting our heads around this game.
    It means you got Territory Points for:
    --All five completed platoons. (Varying points totals)
    --All characters deployed to all platoons.

It also means you unlocked the platoon buff (+some% to crit and other bonuses) and leveled it up to level 2. Had you finished the final platoon it would have been level 3.
  • @CG_RyDiggs do the units used in tomorrow's Special Mission get Auto deployed for Territory Points ?
  • @CG_Kozispoon do the units used in tomorrow's Special Mission get Auto deployed for Territory Points ?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @Daddybear1012
    NH0zEjj.gif
    It should be similar to combat missions in that regard.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • @Daddybear1012
    NH0zEjj.gif
    It should be similar to combat missions in that regard.

Thank you! Have a great weekend!!
  • my opinion. and sorry for this, but...
    its realy borring, same thing 6 days in a row, ok 12 hours sounds bettet, but still its to long.
    its all about light side. yes? so why we need deploy dark side toons? if its a light side, so be it, dont mix it. and do similar event with dark side.
    i dont see anything new in TB, same sistem to fight, no new bosses, guild cant choose time, when to star tb (so its not about guild, its just an event, where you get revards based on your guild mamber activity).
    one more thing, tb is "fun" for p2w players, im also buying some packs, but my friend, who is f2p is real angry (so if you playing swgoh for abou 6 mounths, tb is not for you jet - you need to play for a year or more, or pay money)
    last thing - all the restarts are stresfull, hope they will go away.
    sorry for my english.
    hope you will make something better one day, good luck.
  • Big money miss by EA, for Phase 3 of TB to fill one of the platoons you need two 4* Paploo's and 1 4* Logray, we only had one guy in our guild with these two at 4*. Guaranteed that a couple of my guildies would have bought a pack if it was available
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Question if you leave your guild before territory battles ends do you still get rewards from the event?
  • Disclaimer:

My guild has a top ten Kraken ( and no you can't have him), at least 3 regulars in the whale room, multiple 2.5m plus players and we're going to top 100 this event so I GET I'm one of the haves.

That being said this has to be wreaking havoc on guild rosters. We've had three 1.8 m plus rosters join us, we've lost a couple of really nice people and I've had to cut a couple. I can't even remotely conceive of what BHG, TI, Team Egomonkey, Midichlorian, Reapers etc.. have had to go through nor the 50-60m roster guilds who are losing 1.6+m players to more effective guilds.

It just seems like a big shift in time commitment. That's all.
  • Second the time commitment. Even the more hardcore among my guildies are second guessing it.

I think Cg and some others on this forum mix up how much time it takes THEM to do something and how much time it takes OTHER's, proportionately speaking.

To some people another 15 minutes is nothing, barely worth mentioning.

To others, adding in yet another 15 minutes of the same battle type on top of the same battle type they have to do in every other part of the game is now becoming grueling.

Another post, at about the same time, begged us all to have patience. And, in most respects, yes, correct. But from the point of view of the already taxed SW:GOH'er it's too much to deal with.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Yep. Fifteen for GW ( and that's a reach) 20 plus,for arena same for ships, ten for a Rancor, fourth total for a HAAT, it adds up fast
  • Second the time commitment. Even the more hardcore among my guildies are second guessing it.
    The thing about the time commitment is twofold:
    1) As we do more battles you'll get your strategy and efficiency down and learn to minimize the time needed.
    2) I think we're also going to find that we're severely overthinking a lot of things, especially platoons.

Once folks realize you can get 90% of the result with 20% of the effort this is going to be a lot quicker.
  • Do we have any ideas as to how often TB will be implemented?