Character Strategy- Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca

Prev1
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited September 2017
Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca
Lumbering attacker who accumulates Offensive capabilities as enemies take actions
98oqkq6lmt5w.gif

Unlocks at: ??*
Available from: ??????

ABILITIES
Basic Attack – Explosive Bolts:
3svwwy1b0s9b.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy and with an 80% chance to Daze them for 2 turns.
Special Ability – Furious Blow:
8g36ge03rils.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy. Dispel all buffs on them and Stun them for 1 turn. Inflict Speed Down on all enemies for 2 turns.
Unique Ability - Partner In Crime:
  • Chewbacca has 25% Critical Chance and +50% Health Steal. When Veteran Smuggler Han Solo takes damage, Chewbacca gains 20% Critical Damage (stacking) until he scores a Critical Hit. When Veteran Smuggler Han Solo is defeated, Chewbacca gains 100% Turn Meter, his cooldowns are reset, and he takes an additional turn after his next turn.
Unique Ability – Let the Wookiee Win:
  • At the start of each enemy turn, Chewbacca gains 12% Offense (stacking) until he uses 2 abilities.

GENERAL STRATEGY
  • Daze from Explosive Bolts can be useful for shutting down multiple Turn Meter and Counterattack focused strategies which proliferate throughout the Squad Arena Meta.

HERO SYNERGIES
Veteran Smuggler Han Solo greatly increases Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca’s damage through the stacking Critical Damage they both gain when the other is attacked. Also, finding a source of Offense Up in your team will go a long way toward skyrocketing both of the Veteran Smugglers’ damage.

WHERE TO USE
  • Because of the nature of how “Let the Wookiee Win” stacks Offense at the start of every enemy turn, Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca can get extremely powerful against heavily Speed-Modded enemies in the Squad Arena whenever he does attack.
  • Smuggler Chewbacca (along with Smuggler Han) are considered excellent in Territory Battles, where they are able to really shine. Their synergy works well together as Chewie powers up over the course of battle, and Han is able to control the skirmish through use of Ability Block and Stagger.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Video breaking them down:

https://youtu.be/shqbelveiHg
  • Wth?!? This is what the already in game Chewie should be
  • MistahShowtime
    68 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    What team are either of them even supposed to go in? No Resistance tags at all, which is kinda dumb. Are we supposed to make a Scoundrels team now? With who? These 2, Boba, Lando, and some other weak toon? Lando isn't even very good anymore anyway with all the crit immunity and counter chance floating around out there.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Hold up, what?! This is happening?!

Edit: nvm, he's not OT chewy
  • What team are either of them even supposed to go in? No Resistance tags at all, which is kinda dumb. Are we supposed to make a Scoundrels team now? With who? These 2, Boba, Lando, and some other weak toon? Lando isn't even very good anymore anyway with all the crit immunity and counter chance floating around out there.

boba lead with thes 2 for even more damage then the last 2 characters can be utility chaze/GK/thrawn etc.

• Adm_Gosular
    169 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Why no Resistance tag? He did go after Starkiller base.

I suppose we can go back to Chewie shard jokes now
  • "Let the Wookie win" is spelled wrong. Should be Wookiee.
  • Why no Resistance tag? He did go after Starkiller base.

this was before Starkiller base
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »

We should have a post-starkiller Han with a hole in his gut.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    What team are either of them even supposed to go in? No Resistance tags at all, which is kinda dumb. Are we supposed to make a Scoundrels team now? With who? These 2, Boba, Lando, and some other weak toon? Lando isn't even very good anymore anyway with all the crit immunity and counter chance floating around out there.

boba lead with thes 2 for even more damage then the last 2 characters can be utility chaze/GK/thrawn etc.

Boba has no synergy with these guys other than making their crit hits stronger, which he does with any character. I'm not quite sure what is going on here, let's hope a scoundrel rework comes with this, because the scoundrels right now are generally quite bad.
  • What team are either of them even supposed to go in? No Resistance tags at all, which is kinda dumb. Are we supposed to make a Scoundrels team now? With who? These 2, Boba, Lando, and some other weak toon? Lando isn't even very good anymore anyway with all the crit immunity and counter chance floating around out there.

Oh please. Boba has a leadership that enhances all allies, a team with boba, chewie & han, and plug and play characters (CLS, thrawn, GK, r2, nihilus) and you'll be just fine. But think over the possibilities before whining immediately?

Not looking forward to gearing up new shiny toons again, I already have plenty of projects to work on.
  • Still no Rebel or Resistance tags tho.

Come on, at least make him a Resistance member.
  • Add a Resistance tag please, keep the scoundrel tag (just my 2cent)
  • So ships?
  • 1. This isn't the Chewy we want. We want the OT Rebel Chewy, one of the most iconic characters in Star Wars. Old Man Han is fine because we already have the original Han(s) but we don't have original Chewy yet, just this gimmicky one with a lame bonus synergy with the least popular version of Han

2. He only does this massive damage on a crit, so it's just another character completely shut down by Barris. And I see no reason to prioritize this duo over other better characters for raids, GW, or TB. Despite what the "strategy" section says, these two are no better for TB than any other random character. They will not get bonuses from either Rebel or Resistance leads, so useless
  • Actually, massive crits are what kills zBarriss fastest. It's the smaller, multiple attacker crits that make zBarriss useful. That's why she is effective against Han and Leia. Healing 10k against a 50k crit still hurts your face.
  • Pair them with Han, Han and Han.
  • paschasc wrote: »
    Pair them with Han, Han and Han.

It would be funny if Chewie stacked crit damage any time ANY of the Hans took damage!
  • paschasc wrote: »
    Pair them with Han, Han and Han.

In Cantina battles, you can use them with Han, Han, Han and Chewie to make 2Chew4Han. Unless you use zetas. z2Chew4zHan? My head hurts...
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Actually, massive crits are what kills zBarriss fastest. It's the smaller, multiple attacker crits that make zBarriss useful. That's why she is effective against Han and Leia. Healing 10k against a 50k crit still hurts your face.

Nobody gets a 50k crit on zBariss because she's always under GK. Between the stacked defense bonuses you're lucky to get 10k crits even with toons capable of doing 25k crits normally. Which wouldn't be too bad except she's healing for 6k, GK switches his taunt back on, and he's healing for 8k+.

THe best way to beat her is to have crit immunity on her and then just regular damage her to death. Or bring a DN led Sith team.
  • Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Resistance Tag please, Old Ben got Rebel tag, what makes this any different? Both helped destroy a giant super weapon, and both Han and Ben died for it
  • We already have Chewie. Fix that one. So disappointing.
  • Someone has a Han Solo fetish At EA I think. Or a general sense of bad marketing. That's 4 major light side overhauls in a row with no dark side love. Diversity is lost in this game, it's just pay for the new toon and win. If that's your strategy at least give us characters we actually want like Darth Revan
  • Drevin wrote: »
    Someone has a Han Solo fetish At EA I think. Or a general sense of bad marketing. That's 4 major light side overhauls in a row with no dark side love. Diversity is lost in this game, it's just pay for the new toon and win. If that's your strategy at least give us characters we actually want like Darth Revan

Listen to this guy pls CG
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »

ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »

We need carbonate han!
    iN Spectre
    Someone has a Han Solo fetish At EA I think. Or a general sense of bad marketing. That's 4 major light side overhauls in a row with no dark side love. Diversity is lost in this game, it's just pay for the new toon and win. If that's your strategy at least give us characters we actually want like Darth Revan

please, we've been through this multiple times.
    dark side got Thrawn and DN already, what more do you want from CG/EA?
  • We need clone Han!

please, we've been through this multiple times.
    dark side got Thrawn and DN already, what more do you want from CG/EA?

New dark side content. Is that difficult for you to understand?