Territory Battles Reward Feedback [Mega]

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    All of the gear from TB is equipped post-12. But you also get tokens that let you buy other gear, shards, etc. from the shop. You know, that thing people kept asking for....
  • the reward is the currency. the gear is just a bonus. you'll be thankful you have it once you get someone to gear 12
  • It must feel like trying to break a $100 bill at the grocery story. You'll enjoy it soon.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • It must feel like trying to break a $100 bill at the grocery story. You'll enjoy it soon.

You'll still end up owing more, in Hawaii
  • Gear rewards are a kind of joke for 6 days, at least 6 to 8 hrs total time invested in just TB, they most certainly need to increase gear rewards. Once it's back to 12 hr phases it'll be worse as everything will need to be completed by certain times... please make the gear rewards worth the effort involved or all of this is a waste
  • You realize that TB is an end game type of event right? So all gear is going towards g12. It's like being surprised that you got a relic item in WoW's Emerald Nightmare or something. High tier raids and events will reward high tier loot.
  • What can't you use? Look up the gear you got on swgoh.gg and it will tell you who will end up using it. Check out what it makes too, the new gear is really powerful. What were you expecting exactly?
  • I personally LOVE that the G12 gear can only be obtained from the TB Store and TB prize box.

I hope it stays that way.

I do not like that it is the exact same rewards for every person.

I almost think get rid of the box altogether and just stick with currency, since the loot from the boxes are quite minuscule. Even from 44 stars to 30 stars, there hardly is a difference.

TB is a boring rehash. Really wish there was a raid at the end.

OR how about after you reach 45 stars, a raid pops up that is a short and sweet Two phase AT-AT battle. One with ships to take it down, and one with peeps to finish it off. Let it drop shards for a character that hasn't been created yet.

And ships.

Why the kitty is Phase 6 ships so easy?

You basically tell everyone who thought ships in TB was gonna play a big part that it isn't worth a kitty.

• You really should add credits to the prizes. However, how about making the Ayn Rand fans here extra-crazy and doing something really subversive and giving _more_ credits the fewer stars you get. So one-star finishes would get 10M credits. Down to 45-star finishes could get 100 credits. This could help the low-achieving guilds get better faster, and would tamp down on the rich-get-richer effect of this new mode. Plus it would give a huge incentive to lower-level people to play TB and become more invested in the game and their collection.
  • Hardly anyone bothered to get ships up to 6*. The ships segment is "hard" in the sense that Rancor is hard. You have to put in a lot of work to get your Zader or your CLS or whatever. Actual gameplay is easy...once you have maxed the right toons.

To get 6* ships, you have to sacrifice a lot of development - passing up on possible zeta mats and gear in fleet store. I stopped farming my ships at 5*, but a few weeks ago finally hit a point where (I thought) I didn't have anything else to get in GW that was end-game worthy. (Turns out I need Bodhi for TB, but I didn't know that then.) Started farming ships while waiting for them to add another toon to GW store. I still don't have any 6* ships because the available blueprints are so random and because this weekend I started farming Bodhi for platoons and Rogue1 mission. But I'll get there eventually. Too bad most of what I farmed the last few weeks were Dark Side ships.

So, yeah, I can get there without sacrificing Fleet Store purchases now, but only if I'm willing to take a long time to reach 6*. Other people who want to contribute as soon as possible will go a different route ... but qualifying for that last ship battle means not doing other things that help you and your guild.

I think I'd probably be pretty upset if I got my 6* ships and found out that 6* wasn't good enough and that I also had to put even more effort in before they could win the battle.
  • I had some peeps in my guild do the special mission with Leia, and they didn't get their shards!
  • I posted this in Guild Feedback, but I figured I should post it here, too, just to be safe:

So first off the box--it can't be identical for everyone in the guild. It's a matter of balance. Imagine if you're in a guild that got a full piece of gear, so now 50 people got that gear. It's just too big of a swing.

The real problem with the rewards is that you get them at the end. We only got 16 stars so our reward was something like 7 pieces of assorted salvage and 2500 tokens. I think that's alright in general--but please give 7 pieces of one type of salvage... I got 1, 2, 3, and 1 piece of four types. That's extremely disappointing... As I said, I'm okay with it because I understand that the tokens are the real prize.

So I don't think you need to change the box rewards at all, except for giving more pieces of fewer types of salvage. The way you improve rewards is to give rewards at the end of each phase. It should scale upward as the phases get more difficult, but what I'm talking about here are credits, building materials, ability mats (all tiers), and gear.

A rough breakdown would go:
    Credits--100 credits per stage cleared in character Combat Missions that day. I don't know the exact number of missions there are, but if there are 40, and there aren't, a full clear by a 50 person guild would give 1.2m credits.

Building Materials: 1000 per stage cleared of ship missions. This would be 600k for a full clear.

Ability Mats: A purple for every star gained, an Omega for 5 or better stars, and a zeta for 8 stars. All in a single day, so you won't qualify for zetas until at least phase 3.

Gear: A piece of salvage per platoon completed, scaling based on phase but always only ever being gear you can farm from nodes. The last two phases should give salvage of the Mk5 stun gun/cuff tier (which includes challenge gear, of course, I just don't remember the name of that stuff because we have so many that I don't need to search for them).

These are relatively minor rewards, but because you would get them every day you would immediately feel rewarded for your participation in the event.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Tokens seemed about right, crystals are a nice tiny bonus, but gear was laughable. My guild got 27 stars, which I get isn't a ton, but we got 4, 4, and 10 pieces of salvage. That's nothing when I've got 10+ toons all ready to hit g12, even as a f2p player.

Also, would love to have more daily rewards. Was a lotta fun getting Leia shards and a few tokens mid raid, would love some opportunities at gear pieces or something else. With only being able to do one a week, seems like there could be a lot more rewards on the daily.
  • There's a lot of people with short memories in here. Tb took less time this time than the first normal AAT raid when it launched for the vast majority of guilds. Remember how that took well over a week (sometimes two) doing the same thing over and over again? The rewards were crap compared to what we got in TB. TB was actually pretty fun for our guild. We made some mistakes here and there and that, and the glitches, cost us some stars. It was still fun.

Normal AAT, pre nerf, had the entire community up in arms. HAAT took a massive amount of coordination at first as well. In a few weeks everything will be much easier and you can all discontinue your Xanax.
  • I think we only got 20 stars and we received 2 salvage pieces. =D ridiculous for the time and effort in. Such disrespect.
  • Liath wrote: »
    All of the gear from TB is equipped post-12. But you also get tokens that let you buy other gear, shards, etc. from the shop. You know, that thing people kept asking for....

Some of the gear is G12 but you can also get the new G11 and old sub G11 purp stuff as well.
  • Please add credits and double the tickets earned.

That way the "once a week" event that isn't even running once a week won't feel like forever to earn anything.
  • Let's all face it, this game isn't like most games, this is pvp oriented thus very competitive. One thing I've learned in my life is that competition means leaving nothing to chance. How can I rest knowing that people in my pvp shard are pulling 5-6k from TB battles when I can only pull under 3k. This will get them so much further in gearing process and it will potentially put me at great disadvantage...

TB rewards system conflicts with human nature because humans always want the most out of everything especially in a highly competitive environment. People can't settle for months of receiving less rewards, instead they will abandon their current guilds and seek for stronger ones with higher rewards. Greed and impatience are very basic human characteristics under a competitive environment.

I've seen a 73 million GP guild collapse due to highly competitive players leaving to seek better rewards. I can only imagine the impact it has on weaker guilds.

I can't imagine what it must be like to build a guild for a year and a half and see it collapse because the only guilds in demand now are the giant guilds.

You need to change the rewards system like ASAP and i mean ASAP. Before morw guilds brake apart... It's so sad to see this happen
  • Here are my suggestions and feedback. I hope these tweaks are easy, simple and low risk which will make things more enjoyable and useful.

1. The x / 50 combat battle stats that you see should not be reset to 0 / 50 at the end of phase. Leave them so we can track how many guild members participated in previous phases.
    2. Consider adding per phase stats. Similar to the existing stats listing battles won and gp contributed but for the each phase and not event wide. Perhaps change it such that when you click the #X button, have it display that phase's stats. Back at the main menu where the Stats tab is, have that show event wide stats.
    3. After the event is done, let us continue to see the stats and results like how many stars achieved, leaderboard, etc. We can see the results after raids, why are we unable to see the results after a TB event?
    4. The deploy mechanic is a bit flawed and subject to player error. Players will often deploy all their toons to a single territory without realizing that they need them in other territories within that phase. Even if told and initially understand, they still might accidentally do it. Please add some detection where, in the deployment screen, if you click the Deploy XXXXX button and you have available battles in the other territory that are not restricted, it should warn you of that and ask if you are sure to deploy.
    5. Add a "note" popup to each where guild officers can type in simple short instructions for members to read. I know that we have chat but can be often chaotic and things scroll off very quickly when chat is busy. Officers often have to keep repeating themselves over and over and have to continually monitor for repeated questions. I know some might use third party chat and avoid in game chat but wouldn't it would still be nice to have in addition to chat alternatives.
    6. Allow officers other than the leader to change the gold chat banner. This is associated with suggestion 5 above but could be helpful not only for TB but for all other guild activities.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i like the equal rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

Equal within the guild, not within your pvp shard, people in your pvp shard who are part of stronger guilds will out gear you and that is a scary though to people. You don't only compete with your guild mates in raids, arena and ships are more important
  • Rewards are simply ridicolous . Next time all battles in auto and no guild coordination. Efforts are to big compared to rewards.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    This thread is giving me deja vu
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Khada_Jhin wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Equal within the guild, not within your pvp shard, people in your pvp shard who are part of stronger guilds will out gear you and that is a scary though to people. You don't only compete with your guild mates in raids, arena and ships are more important

People with more money and already in better guilds and been playing longer than you will out gear you as well. If TB is too scary for you then I don't know what to tell you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I like to compete as a guild, not within my guild.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

Ain't that what I'm saying, you can't compete witha guild that has 20 million more gp than yours and people who played sincd lauch and own almost every character in the roster
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    This thread is giving me deja vu

shut it, Tracer
  • Winstar wrote: »

People with more money and already in better guilds and been playing longer than you will out gear you as well. If TB is too scary for you then I don't know what to tell you.

You know some people actually try to finish high in arena and we have tried very hard to achieve this, now its all under threat due to TB. If i get 3k tokens a week and others get 5k, they will outgear me so quickly
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member

Ain't that what I'm saying, you can't compete witha guild that has 20 million more gp than yours and people who played sincd lauch and own almost every character in the roster

So someone who has only played for a month should be able to compete with someone who's invested almost 2 years into the game without spending any money? Yeah, that seems fair
  • DatBoi wrote: »

So someone who has only played for a month should be able to compete with someone who's invested almost 2 years into the game without spending any money? Yeah, that seems fair

Are you really arguing just to argue, there are guilds with people who have played for 3 years and people have played for 6 months.

I have people in my guild who played for 2 years and people who played for 6 months, and they get the same rewarda, what's your point?