Who got the best and worst g12 bumps?

2Next

Replies

• The thing a lot of people are missing with people like Vader and the wiggs getting sub par gear-
    They're pilots. Gear still helps their ships get better.

They're also missing they got MASSIVE special damage buffs, at least Wiggs & Chirrut.
  • The thing a lot of people are missing with people like Vader and the wiggs getting sub par gear-

They're also missing they got MASSIVE special damage buffs, at least Wiggs & Chirrut.

Which doesn't help them since they only do physical damage. That's what a lot of people have a beef about. But they're still decently strong without the new gear affecting physical, just not as strong as before. and again, the new gear still helps their ships.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Excellent point @zombiwan_kenobi the ewoks being able to take a hit or two is all that was holding them back before and troopers/droids to a lesser degree... also @mediocreJoe really nails it, the ACTUAL G12 gear is gonna be the point of no return once the first teams in arena make that jump considering some characters gain +9000hp or more and other unheard of (until now) stat increases... we are all anxious, but it is strategy that makes the biggest difference and in this game the biggest strategy in times like this after a massive update is who and how to farm that gear for.

Which doesn't help them since they only do physical damage. That's what a lot of people have a beef about. But they're still decently strong without the new gear affecting physical, just not as strong as before. and again, the new gear still helps their ships.

It was ironical, it could have worked with Old Ben too especially since his specials don't deal any damage.
    Not much consistent design wise.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Excellent point @zombiwan_kenobi the ewoks being able to take a hit or two is all that was holding them back before and troopers/droids to a lesser degree... also @mediocreJoe really nails it, the ACTUAL G12 gear is gonna be the point of no return once the first teams in arena make that jump considering some characters gain +9000hp or more and other unheard of (until now) stat increases... we are all anxious, but it is strategy that makes the biggest difference and in this game the biggest strategy in times like this after a massive update is who and how to farm that gear for.

Since the anti-CLS strategy consists of using zBariss along with high health toons, G12 will definitely make such teams way more powerful now. Meta could change faster than usual.
    Health increase will mostly affects Bountyhunters (and most of them also got huge increases) under Boba lead, Sidious and Grievous - Perhaps such toons could make some unexpected come (back).
    Most Phoenix also got interesting buffs, making them even more durable (Hera, Zeb and Chopper mostly), too bad it doesn't affect much their terrible damages.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Yep, G12 Kenobi with Zarris is verY hard to defeat. U need Luke plus thrawn or NIhilus to defeat it and a dose of good rng.

On attackers, according to data, raid Han and Leia got the best upgrade on protection/survival %, Chirrut the worst.
  • Interesting...previously, the rule of thumb has been: if you want to use them in Arena, max their gear.

Now I suppose we'll be seeing a lot of posts along the lines of "Which hero should I gear 12 first?"

Just like the zetas, smh.
  • Can someone explain to me in plain terms what strengh, agility and intelligence are good for and why I should be excited if a gear piece boosts that stat steeply? Just thinking of what gear 12 gear to prioritize.
  • Noataq wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me in plain terms what strengh, agility and intelligence are good for and why I should be excited if a gear piece boosts that stat steeply? Just thinking of what gear 12 gear to prioritize.

It varies individually per character. You can look on a character screen to see how each stat affects them.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
    Yeah but he can take bigger hits now, and each hit is a chance to counter &buff others with hotdots and as long as he is alive crits on allies get hotdots... so he is a no brainer since he is super easy to g12, and no question about it one of the best healers in the game.

Just called HoT's. Hotdot makes it seem like it would damage and heal an ally, not extremely effective B)
    Excellent point @zombiwan_kenobi the ewoks being able to take a hit or two is all that was holding them back before and troopers/droids to a lesser degree... also @mediocreJoe really nails it, the ACTUAL G12 gear is gonna be the point of no return once the first teams in arena make that jump considering some characters gain +9000hp or more and other unheard of (until now) stat increases... we are all anxious, but it is strategy that makes the biggest difference and in this game the biggest strategy in times like this after a massive update is who and how to farm that gear for.

Since the anti-CLS strategy consists of using zBariss along with high health toons, G12 will definitely make such teams way more powerful now. Meta could change faster than usual.
    Health increase will mostly affects Bountyhunters (and most of them also got huge increases) under Boba lead, Sidious and Grievous - Perhaps such toons could make some unexpected come (back).
    Most Phoenix also got interesting buffs, making them even more durable (Hera, Zeb and Chopper mostly), too bad it doesn't affect much their terrible damages.

That won't help Bounty Hunters much at all. Boba lead already gives them large boosts in max health which makes them particularly susceptible to max health attacks (DOT's, Burn, Expose, Baze AOE, etc.)

Health bumps will make R2 even more effective than he already is.
  • Bounty hunters aren't worthwhile largely because TDs suck. Having more health is never a bad thing. DOT effects aren't any better than they were before. Protection and damage increased as well, so it's not like only health went up.
  • Raid Han is the big winner. Huge HP and Protection boosts.

GM Yoda doubles his health. Rey doubles her health.

GK best of the tanks. Old Ben worst of the tanks.

Chaze is the loser. Low protection bumps and nothing to health or damage to speak of.

Thrawn, DN, and Wiggs also get junky gear. CG trying to steer people away from Wiggs Chaze DN Thrawn.

@slickdealer - Have you done the Han Solo upgrade to G12? I'm giving it serious consideration for my first G12.

That won't help Bounty Hunters much at all. Boba lead already gives them large boosts in max health which makes them particularly susceptible to max health attacks (DOT's, Burn, Expose, Baze AOE, etc.)

Some BH health has basically double and i don't think i ever spoke about them being meta or arena viable. Only g12 health gain as title implies.

Stay focus. ;)

• zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

This thread is about G12 increase, i don't even know what you're talking about there.

This thread is about G12 increase, i don't even know what you're talking about there.

The post he quoted, this

Talked about how gear 12 affects BH, he is talking about that
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Hskull55 wrote: »

The post he quoted, this

Talked about how gear 12 affects BH, he is talking about that

It doesn't help much since i didn't say meta was about playing with BHs specifically. I mentioned BHs, Sidious, Grievous and some Phoenix because... well they got some huge health increase, even more thanks to some own kits. They weren't necessarily the toons one should play along with Bariss.
  • I think he was refering to the +50% hp boost boba lead gives to BH team might be more useful now with higher health pools to add it to, maybe its even worth throwing a NC zeta R2 in with boba led BH team to give some redonkulous % based boosts to potency and HP and come up with some crazy boosts.
  • Boba's health boost adds a percentage of health based on a BH's max Potency, it's not a flat health increase and a flat health increase from gear has absolutely nothing to do with Boba's lead. What would matter is how much more base Potency BHs get from gear 12
  • NhKnW2d.png

Here is mine

This has been the most common occurrence in my GW ever since g12 was added :angry:
  • Anyone tried Leia? Seems like it might be a really solid bump
  • Jizzaouse wrote: »
    Anyone tried Leia? Seems like it might be a really solid bump

I'm considering this too.

I need to choose between Raid Han and Leia.

I've heard good things about Han but nothing of Leia.

Right now Leia gets into my arena team every battle, Han only half the time even though he's zetad.

But would like to hear about Leia before committing!
  • Jizzaouse wrote: »
    Anyone tried Leia? Seems like it might be a really solid bump

I'm considering this too.

I need to choose between Raid Han and Leia.

I've heard good things about Han but nothing of Leia.

Right now Leia gets into my arena team every battle, Han only half the time even though he's zetad.

But would like to hear about Leia before committing!

I'm considering Leia too but the Stealth bug seems to still be existing which is putting me off developing Leia any further.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/131412/leia-stealth-in-arena
  • Why in this post nobody mention lvl 12 Old Ben..with big heath and best thing his zeta where he allways have tount on him even when his frarcured,,I think that as a tounter he is very good
  • tadej wrote: »
    Why in this post nobody mention lvl 12 Old Ben..with big heath and best thing his zeta where he allways have tount on him even when his frarcured,,I think that as a tounter he is very good

and if he is mostly tount he would die first witch means that all other allys get speed and off up :)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The thing a lot of people are missing with people like Vader and the wiggs getting sub par gear-

It was ironical, it could have worked with Old Ben too especially since his specials don't deal any damage.

It's excellent design wise. They are rebalancing toons without actually nerfing any.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    The thing a lot of people are missing with people like Vader and the wiggs getting sub par gear-

It's excellent design wise. They are rebalancing toons without actually nerfing any.

Yeah excellent design, just like buffing GK (a really bad toon) instead of Old Ben or adding health to Leia who can now get protection with her zeta.

Seriously, no they're balancing not much. They're only buffing a few toons we'll certainly have to farm and gear at some point while "nerfing" popular toons they don't want us to play with anymore. As usual we don't decide, they already chose for us.
  • Waqui wrote: »

It's just annoying when characters get gear that has mainly or all things that are useless for them. Give them resistance, tenacity, potency, something. Increasing those slightly wouldn't do much for most characters, but at least it's something and not a waste.