Why 24h is good for phase in TB

1234568Next

Replies

• Split the difference and go 18 already and let's end these topics.
  • 1 TB a week is enough. Remove phase timer completely and allow officers to advance each phase. That way each guild can complete the battles at their own pace. Still reset TB each week at the usual time but remove phase timer
  • 24hrs is better for everyone, 12hrs is not enough for multi timezone guilds
  • Nope... no data... I trust the Devs to have the big data to support the users who are consuming the product at much higher rate than the few who complain about not being organized enough to handle their play.

I trust them too. And they have decided to keep at 24 hours. Apparently their data shows that top guilds that pay to support the game prefer the 24 hour window for now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sorry to relaunch the thread but I think as well that 24hr phases are much better, simply because just imagine you work 9-6, so you wake up very early to hit TB, you will most probably be one of the only ones awake at that time, so you have to fill platoons( that give you massive advantages( true that phase 1-4 it's for the next day, but the others and some platoons are for same ones) so you try to fill a platoon and have to fight, with Zero bonuses because you couldn't complete a platoon, Most probably you are gonna only complete 4/5-6 waves so you are losing TP.
    So if that happens to five or six players your guild will definitely will lose on stars.
    That would only cause confusion within guilds so vote yes to 24hr, no to 12hr
  • So it stays 24 hours, but i prefer it then starts tuesday so phase 5/6 can be done in the weekend.
  • I'm so glad they listened to the arguments made in this thread in favor of 24 hour phases.
  • Keeper32
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Definitely agree with keeping it 24h schedule.
    12h phases would probably mean that many of my guild's people won't be able to participate regularly.
    Most of us work for a living and sleep during the night.
  • For many guilds I imagine organising who puts what into which platoon, before organising who battles where and when to maximise points, takes several hours. Add into that international members and 12 hours is not enough.

It's been mentioned that you get rewards once a week, so same regardless of 12 or 24. If guilds want to have 12 hours phases, just do your phase in the first 12, it's not going to speed up getting stuff.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nope... no data... I trust the Devs to have the big data to support the users who are consuming the product at much higher rate than the few who complain about not being organized enough to handle their play.

I trust them too. And they have decided to keep at 24 hours. Apparently their data shows that top guilds that pay to support the game prefer the 24 hour window for now.

I love 24 hour phases, but I wouldn't get too comfortable just yet.

They've got data, but right now that data is meaningless without something to compare it to. So we're going to do a 12-hour run at some point so we get useful data. They can't do it yet or else the data would be flawed--we need at least one 24-hour run in which we actually know what we're doing first. That's this next one.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I agree that 24 hours is the right length per phase. As others have said, with sleep and other obligations, 12 hours would be too difficult to do. Heck, some people work very busy 12+ hour days.

There is a lot of coordination needed between who to deploy to special missions, and where and when to deploy remaining troops, and that takes time to sort out. 24 hours seemed like the right amount of time per phase.

Personally, I spent about 30 minutes just doing the combat missions for each phase, and since this game is already a time sink, doing that twice a day may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
  • People keep writing once a week... it's looking like TB will be every other week as of now.

That's even more reason to keep it 24h - plenty of time to make sure everyone can get on and deploy.

Also, bi-weekly would make sense if a DS TB is going to happen. Then you have a TB every week, but it gets changed up.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Because not everyone has 10 min free every 12h to play SWGOH ? ;)
  • SP4C3Z wrote: »
    Because not everyone has 10 min free every 12h to play SWGOH ? ;)

If it takes you only 10 minutes to assign platoons, do all available special missions and all combat missions, your probably not going 6/6 on phase 6 - and probably not checking in with your guild to see where your rare platoon characters are best placed and where deployment is most needed in the current phase. Now multiply that by 50 - across multiple timezones (many more for international guilds), accounting for differing work schedules and commitments. I think you see why 24 hours is preferred 2 to 1 by the players who voted in the poll.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I still don't see how 12 hour phases are going to work.

No matter how knowledgeable we get about the best way to complete it there are still a lot if issues that make 12 hours too short of a time period, especially since we have no control over what time it begins so we can't even pick a time that allows the majority of your guild to do their best.

If they are going to try 12 hours at some point then they will need to give guild leaders better control and a better in game chat and thats before even considering work hours, sleep hours and guilds being spread across multiple time zones.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    SP4C3Z wrote: »
    Because not everyone has 10 min free every 12h to play SWGOH ? ;)

If it takes you only 10 minutes to assign platoons, do all available special missions and all combat missions, your probably not going 6/6 on phase 6 - and probably not checking in with your guild to see where your rare platoon characters are best placed and where deployment is most needed in the current phase. Now multiply that by 50 - across multiple timezones (many more for international guilds), accounting for differing work schedules and commitments. I think you see why 24 hours is preferred 2 to 1 by the players who voted in the poll.

And even to the extent that you have such great teams that you're only spending 10 minutes going 6 for 6 on phase 6 missions and crushing everything, the issue is that the guild officers who are doing coordination and tracking and everything else related to management of this mode are spending way more than 10 minutes per phase on that, ignoring the "10 minutes" it will take them to do their own battles.

Also, unlike HAAT, where you have to coordinate for your first successful run and then just tell everyone to do the same thing over and over again, this mode will require coordination each time -- platoons are random, so the requirements are different every single time you play it, and until you are routinely getting 3 stars in each territory with ease, picking when and where to deploy takes monitoring and work. spacing it out to one phase per day is much easier.
  • It's entirely possible that the current TB gets to point where a guild can just crush it with little to no coordination. But that's a long way off. To maximize the results, the guild needs to see what Platoons can be filled, get that done, then run Combat Missions, and when those results are in decide how to deploy when there's not enough left to 3* every section. Maximizing the results requires people to participate at least a couple times each phase. Moving the time down to 12 hours as originally planned makes that tough. You can't just play when it's most convenient for you. You need to take care of stuff when the guys managing the event signal what to do and when. And you probably then have to wait and come back to finish up the phase.
  • 24h seems better indeed
  • If everyone paid attention and had minimal logic skills, TB would take each member of the guild ~15 minutes per phase. The difficulty is coordinating the 35+ members who don't get it to optimize stars. The only part that required though is optimizing later phase platoons
  • As much as I get the argument, no thanks, all set with an event that takes 6 days and only gives you a few pieces of savage... if you're LUCKY you'll complete 1 gear piece per month
  • NicWester wrote: »
    It's pegged to Pacific time because that's where your guild founder is. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Umm, nope. It starts at 1 fixed time irrespective of time zones for all guilds. Nothing to do with guild leader or founder or anything. Devs decide. Why is that so hard to understand?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Wassup wrote: »
    If everyone paid attention and had minimal logic skills, TB would take each member of the guild ~15 minutes per phase. The difficulty is coordinating the 35+ members who don't get it to optimize stars. The only part that required though is optimizing later phase platoons
    As much as I get the argument, no thanks, all set with an event that takes 6 days and only gives you a few pieces of savage... if you're LUCKY you'll complete 1 gear piece per month

First off, I love hyperbole on the internet, it's the BEST THING EVER!!!

15 minutes per phase? If you are just counting the actual time it takes to click and do the battles, maybe. If you count the time you have to toggle back and forth on Discord, to check what platoons need help this time around (because it changes every TB) and who has them, and where yours are needed. And have to then check after battles are done, where to deploy or whether you need to hold until things are clearer, then 15 minutes isn't close. More like 30-45 minutes throughout the phase.

In regards to the second quote about being "LUCKY" to complete one gear piece per month, that's also not even close to accurate, depending on your guild's ability and presuming one TB/week (which is the pace they are aiming for).

At 20 stars, everyone would get 2800 guild currency. Since a g12 piece takes 7 "purchases" worth (usually 3 gold purchases and 2x2 purple (so, 4). 7 purchases @ 800 Guild currency is 1 g12 peice every 2 weeks - no LUCK required. That's not counting salvage.

Guilds that are hitting star levels in the upper 30s and low 40s that have people completing the CLS special mission will be able to nab 1 g12 piece a week. None of that is even counting salvage drops piling up from prize boxes. The only guilds that would need a little luck to complete 1 g12 pice a month would be those only getting 1 star.

• 24h is the only way I will be able to play TB. Please leave it like that, I really dont want to play TB while driving to work early in the morning.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].