The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• wizzydizzy wrote: »
    No offense, but I just don't understand or agree with the reason behind re-rolling. I started a second account 10 days ago without having to dance around creating multiple accounts, and I'm now level 47 and have fully finished the GW for the past 7 days, since I unlocked it. I'm rank 100 in the arena, and am going to be ready for the Emperor Palpatine event in 17 days to unlock him at 5 stars, as well as ready to get Thrawn at 5-7 stars, depending on when he comes back.

One character doesn't make or break the game these days. Just because you have Baze doesn't mean you will auto-win the game. A solid team with good synergy is (much) greater than any individual character. MAYBE when you get to level 85 and need a leg up ... but even then, there are so many powerful characters out there that having character_x doesn't mean you'll break the game.

My advice ... don't care about a starting character. Take whoever comes up and level to 28 in three days, start farming Phoenix Squad, roll through GW every day, get your PS to 7 stars, and then branch off from there. Anything else ... and I do mean anything else ... and you're just wasting time and resources.

Basically after 10 days on my second account, I'm level 47, rank 100, GW finished on auto every day, going to be ready for EP by mid month and Thrawn when he comes back (please be early October!!!), am 2/5 of the way to Yoda, have 3m credits saved up, will be set for mods at level 50, and will have my 5 PS characters all ready to be geared up as they reach the appropriate level.

If you're looking to power level as quickly as possible, PS is way too easy to get and way too powerful for the early-mid level game to even consider any other start to SWGOH, in my opinion. Focus your resources on the 5 characters that will carry you through the game to level 85 as quickly as possible, and don't even worry about anything else ... well, besides your token DS team for R2 - might I recommend Tarkin (he is given to you at 4 stars pretty early), Palpatine (which you can get by focusing on your PS squad), Thrawn (ditto), TFP (easy cantina farm after Hera/Ezra are done), and Magmatrooper (just because he's the easiest Empire character to get in the GW shop, so he'll be easy to get to 7 stars after Zeb).

Anyway, that's a "just my opinion" post.

You are missing the point of a "perfect start"

The point of this post is to gain an advantage early. If you save up enough, you can be a top 5 player and the crystals you earn as a top 5 player vs a top 100 player is significant over time. You sir, will probably honestly never see top 20, unless you spend money to get there.

If you are F2P and want to try to get ahead and be a top 5-10 player. Then using this guide, and rolling a player like Baze at the start, is a huge advantage over others for "arena." The Arena tends to become a new "shard" every 10-15 days or so right now. So your arena shard isn't the same as someone who started a month later, however, a month later, if that player can stay top 5. He will average an extra 300 crystals a day for free. And over a year, that's 100k crystals more than you had, without paying a dime.

That is the point of this guide and the point of also getting a really good Arena player really early, so you can stay competitive, at least until the whales take over. I've stayed 1st place in my Arena for over a month now, that's 500 a day, for 30 days, is 15k crystals. I've spent some yes, but the other top 5 in my shard are ALL whales who have spent probably 5-10k on this game. I've spent 500 max. So this guide does help you get ahead and stay ahead. With the extra crystals I've been able to refresh 9 times a day... 9 refreshes a day, without really loosing any crystals. It also helps me stay ahead in gear, (extra refreshes) and buying some gear that is much needed to stay a top arena team, and now helps me stay 1st in my ship shard. which is even more fleet points.........

so you seriously missed the point of the guide and the rerolling.... getting a Baze or a high end Arena without having to farm them allows you to free up for gear or other toons. It is an advantage.....

The extra crystals help me stay top, which help me get extra crystals, which help me stay on top..... which helps me get extra crystals..... <~~~ see the point

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, and I do get the theory behind what you (and the 'perfect start' guide) are saying, but I just disagree. Wholeheartedly.

I am on a relatively recent shard. I started this account 3 weeks ago, so it's probably one of the most recent 2 or 3 shards out there. I think I started around 6000 in the arena. Anyway, I took the first character I got (whoever he was) and then dumped him once I got up to a level where I could get the Phoenix Squad. In the past three weeks, I've leveled to 55, and the majority of the people I fight in the arena are also around that level.

Anyway, moving up from the 100s to 42 (where I am now), a few fights stand out, including the one with Baze AND Chirrut ... around rank 75.

I'm sorry, but if Baze and Chirrut have dropped near rank 100, what is the point of spending days (weeks?) trying to get the perfect *one* character.

Do you know who is at the top of this shard right now? The top 3 spots are all 7 star Nihilus'. The number 1 spot has DN, Dooku, DS, and SA, all at 7 stars, and a 4 star DV tossed in there. *cough* PTW *cough*.

The perfect start doesn't matter any more. You will *not* be hanging on to that top 10 spot for much more than a week before the PTWers start flooding the top spots. And if #7 is a level 65 Leia (again, I'm playing every day on this account, and I've used some of the free crystals to quickly level my PS to 5 stars so they are ready for the EP and Thrawn events, and I'm only level 55), then you know they are paying MAJOR bucks to get that high so fast.

So you can roll and roll, and end up with a Baze (that is stuck at 3 stars because you *aren't* going to be getting any more shards as FTP), that might get you a slight jump start ... before you get rolled by people paying $$ to be the top teams, and people who focus on team synergy instead of hoping to get one really good character ... that won't be viable in the top end of your new shard much past a week or so.

Anyway, please don't take this as a personal attack, or deriding the amazing work done on this guide. I just believe (in my limited opinion) that it's no longer applicable, and is a waste of time more than anything else.
  • Well that is where my added advice comes in: by timing your entry in the shard to perfection you can make a real difference. I entered as full ftp with Boba as Bronzium pull (3* Plo as Chromium!) a shard rank 15, and have managed to hold nr 1 the first week, top 5 the second and now top 10 in the third week.

More and more whales flood in, but since I managed to level well, I can still beat DS teams or DN+Chaze+Wiggs a few levels lower (and luckily sometimes poorly modded). Mind you, holding on to level 10 will be hard, and if I had pulled a Jyn or other strong toon, I might have been able to hold top 3 longer than now. Another ftp joined with me, with Jyn and 9k energy and he still comfortably holds nr 2 every day.
  • It comes and goes: in the beginning I crushed PS easily, then around 50 for a few days I couldnt get through that regenerating protection, and now at 55 I can beat them again.

Well that is where my added advice comes in: by timing your entry in the shard to perfection you can make a real difference. I entered as full ftp with Boba as Bronzium pull (3* Plo as Chromium!) a shard rank 15, and have managed to hold nr 1 the first week, top 5 the second and now top 10 in the third week.

More and more whales flood in, but since I managed to level well, I can still beat DS teams or DN+Chaze+Wiggs a few levels lower (and luckily sometimes poorly modded). Mind you, holding on to level 10 will be hard, and if I had pulled a Jyn or other strong toon, I might have been able to hold top 3 longer than now. Another ftp joined with me, with Jyn and 9k energy and he still comfortably holds nr 2 every day.

Exactly, the perfect start guide works great. It can help keep you top 10 easily if you use it appropriately, and you save long enough. Yes IMO you need AT LEAST 2 months of saving now. Preferably 4, to make a dent and stay higher. Imagine doing this free start TheMegaSage is talking about with the Pheonix squad as he says, and being able to be level 65 instead of 55 because at the beginning you were top 3.... holding and gaining 500 crystals a day, which help you do 6 refreshes for free instead of just 3.... every day.... It helps. It's a huge difference.
  • wizzydizzy wrote: »
    It comes and goes: in the beginning I crushed PS easily, then around 50 for a few days I couldnt get through that regenerating protection, and now at 55 I can beat them again.

Well that is where my added advice comes in: by timing your entry in the shard to perfection you can make a real difference. I entered as full ftp with Boba as Bronzium pull (3* Plo as Chromium!) a shard rank 15, and have managed to hold nr 1 the first week, top 5 the second and now top 10 in the third week.

Exactly, the perfect start guide works great. It can help keep you top 10 easily if you use it appropriately, and you save long enough. Yes IMO you need AT LEAST 2 months of saving now. Preferably 4, to make a dent and stay higher. Imagine doing this free start TheMegaSage is talking about with the Pheonix squad as he says, and being able to be level 65 instead of 55 because at the beginning you were top 3.... holding and gaining 500 crystals a day, which help you do 6 refreshes for free instead of just 3.... every day.... It helps. It's a huge difference.

Good points! I do see what you're talking about, but again, just looking at how my shard (3 weeks old) is doing, and everybody is ptw at the top of the arena. A full sith team, all 7 stars ... It doesn't matter if you have a Jyn, you're losing to that.

But I will give you that starting at level 1 with stored energy is going to be a *huge* advantage. There's absolutely no denying that.

So I guess I'll leave it as ... If you have the patience to level multiple accounts so you can "check in" on the current status of a shard, all the while building up stored energy on that account, then you totally deserve the huge head start you'll have before the ptw crowd catches up.

But that requires a great deal of discipline. Someone casually approaching this as "I get one good character and I'm first for the next two months" is deluding themselves.

So kudos to the people who do this well, because I'm sure it works incredibly. But you can also just say "meh" and be competitive in a couple of weeks without jumping through the hoops.

But I also realize ... Sometimes the hoop jumping is its own reward! So high five for those that do it, and do it well.
  • New shard started yesterday and I managed to get in at top50 working my way to the number 1 spot by payout thanks to this guide. Anyone else in that shard let me know your payout times and I'll be sure to avoid you - I'm GMT+10
  • So @TheMegaSage, you are in the shard starting 21-28 august then? @Rujedi is definetly a massive whale, but @gggy is still making top 3 every day as ftp, admittedly with 9k energy hoarded and 4* Jyn, and starting rank 4.

I am slowly slipping in the same, but so far still holding top 10 almost daily with JC fcol. Hope Ezra can help me on offense.
  • So @TheMegaSage, you are in the shard starting 21-28 august then? @Rujedi is definetly a massive whale, but @gggy is still making top 3 every day as ftp, admittedly with 9k energy hoarded and 4* Jyn, and starting rank 4.

I am slowly slipping in the same, but so far still holding top 10 almost daily with JC fcol. Hope Ezra can help me on offense.

These are the top of my leaderboard at the beginning of the day for me ...

QoeTJ75.png[\img]
  • Neysertime
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    jloff wrote: »
    New shard started yesterday and I managed to get in at top50 working my way to the number 1 spot by payout thanks to this guide. Anyone else in that shard let me know your payout times and I'll be sure to avoid you - I'm GMT+10

Oh ****, totally missed that one, not sure if I should wait for the next one or just go ahead now?
    Opinions?
  • Neysertime wrote: »
    Oh ****, totally missed that one, not sure if I should wait for the next one or just go ahead now?
    Opinions?

I would wait now. Last 2 shards filled up at the rate of about 3000 per day (120/hour) and this one started on 10-Sep 5pm PST, so you're looking at next Sunday.
  • jloff wrote: »
    Neysertime wrote: »
    Opinions?

I would wait now. Last 2 shards filled up at the rate of about 3000 per day (120/hour) and this one started on 10-Sep 5pm PST, so you're looking at next Sunday.
    Alright, great! I'll just keep hoarding til sunday then :) I guess I just need to hit lv28 to join the shard?

These are the top of my leaderboard at the beginning of the day for me ...

QoeTJ75.png[\img]

Ah no, you were in the one just before mine I guess. Our top whale has already hit 67, despite launching at least a week after your shard, go figure his expenses on the game so far!
  • jloff wrote: »
    Opinions?

Yes, but better be too slow than too quick with jumping to 28: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/6zbwiv/when_you_spend_all_of_your_burner_accounts_just/?st=j7hod2wh&sh=68066a7e
  • I just thought of another reason why timing your entry into a shard while having stored up energy is a Good Thing(tm). You'll be one of the first people to level 60, which means a few weeks of high ship payouts which means a HUGE jump start on farming Zetas for later in the game.

I say that as I'm level 58 and notice everybody around me in the top 25 of the arena is above level 60, and now I really want to get to level 60 so I can start getting ship tokens!
  • Fleet shards are newly created at l60, so you join it with all other fresh 60s. Also, since a fleet shard has only 2k instead of 20k players, this doesnt really work as you said :smile:
  • Fleet shards are newly created at l60, so you join it with all other fresh 60s. Also, since a fleet shard has only 2k instead of 20k players, this doesnt really work as you said :smile:

mind_blown.gif
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    wizzydizzy wrote: »
    You sir, will probably honestly never see top 20, unless you spend money to get there.

This is totally a humblebrag post, and I apologize in advance, but I just gotta put this out there ... :)

HEWFx9M.png

Totally FTP (on this account :)), started about 3 1/2 weeks ago, and have focused 100% on PS, beyond tossing a bit of gear on my planned Empire squad for getting R2 when he returns.

Of course, that is an absolutely not a sustainable arena level. I'm level 58 and the majority of people around me are higher level with 7 star (non-FTP) characters.

As an example, he's someone two levels above me ...

q1LtdmH.png

:#

Still, I touched the top 10, completely FTP, after starting around rank 6000 less than a month ago. :)
  • Well done! I must say, at the moment (l61) i cant make a dent in the opposing Phoenix Squads due to regenerating protection, while all my Rebel team can do is dish out (insufficient) damage.

On the upside, my node 9 in GW is also a PS, so I can try out all kinds of tactics there :smile:
  • Neysertime
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    What is the best course of action after hitting lv28 and joining the shard? Trying to figure out how to optimally use my hoarded energy.
    Should I just go for light side battles and try to progress as far as possible? Sim a LS node for exp?
    Only go for arena 1-1,5h before payout? Or just go for arena refresh 1 or 2 times?
    What to do with extra cantina energy? Use sim on lando node?

Thanks in advance.
  • Neysertime wrote: »
    What is the best course of action after hitting lv28 and joining the shard? Trying to figure out how to optimally use my hoarded energy.
    Should I just go for light side battles and try to progress as far as possible? Sim a LS node for exp?
    Only go for arena 1-1,5h before payout? Or just go for arena refresh 1 or 2 times?

Thanks in advance.

I Would advise simming lando until all of your cantina energy runs out, then autoing all of the ls and ds battles, normal and hard, that you have unlocked by levelling until you have 3 starred them all, then sim all of the hard nodes to get more exp and then possibly open up more tiers of ls and ds battles.

Once you have done that, start battling for gear that you need, either with sims if you have them or autoing if not.

As far as arena is concerned, it depends where you start. You will want to quickly do 1 battle with the team you are hoping to use, to make sure that you are a difficult target for anybody else trying to gain places, this team will quickly get better as you level and gear so people will avoid you all together. Then you need to decide if you are going to do an arena refresh and make sure you have time to get all of your battles in before payout, leaving it later is better as you can use a lot of the hoarded energy.

How is the hoarding going and when are you looking to go live?

• Neysertime
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Jimslip wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

I Would advise simming lando until all of your cantina energy runs out, then autoing all of the ls and ds battles, normal and hard, that you have unlocked by levelling until you have 3 starred them all, then sim all of the hard nodes to get more exp and then possibly open up more tiers of ls and ds battles.

Once you have done that, start battling for gear that you need, either with sims if you have them or autoing if not.

As far as arena is concerned, it depends where you start. You will want to quickly do 1 battle with the team you are hoping to use, to make sure that you are a difficult target for anybody else trying to gain places, this team will quickly get better as you level and gear so people will avoid you all together. Then you need to decide if you are going to do an arena refresh and make sure you have time to get all of your battles in before payout, leaving it later is better as you can use a lot of the hoarded energy.

How is the hoarding going and when are you looking to go live?

Hey Jim,

just as I was thinking! Thanks for the small guide :) I have 3 starred LS tier 1&2 and hard1, haven't unlocked DS yet. So I'll just go for tier3 asap on LS to try to progress and get better gear and start DS as well.

Hoarding is kind of fine, around 200 cantina, 1600 energy, 700+ crystals, 100-ish sims.
    Jloff wrote that the new shard would probably go live sunday, so I'm aiming for that.
  • I went live with 1000 cantina energy and over 4000 normal energy and 1000 sims. Took me a while to get that but was worth it. Allowed me to farm quickly to level up and gear up which helps in arena and GW. I managed first in arena 5 out of 6 days with that in the first week closing in on lvl 50
  • Try to use burner accounts to judge when to go live. Last thing you want is to launch Sunday morning and get rank of 19000
  • any info about new shard?
  • @bossmanz is it still level 8 that you shouldn't hit? Or its it the new level in which you get placed into arena?
  • Level 28
  • DarthArt wrote: »
    any info about new shard?

I used a burner account to check the shard yesterday around 5pm gmt+1 and it was at 16.8k so I'm guessing it should fill up sometime tonight. Gonna check again today around 6pm gmt+1.
  • 16826 at 18.05pm +4 gmt, one checking acc left :O
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    17k to 20k is about 1 day

P.S.: A friend just entered now, new arena, its in 2k
    Do or do not...
  • Hi,

I ended up with Chirrut as my first chromium pull. Will I be able to buy Baze shards in the shipments at 27? What level does Baze start to appear? or should I just re-roll to try and get baze?

g
  • Oh no I would keep Chirrut! (Although i dont have eithet, Chirrut is much more useful alone than Baze, at low star levels on top)