How should Vader be reworked ?

2Next

Replies

• Add daze to force crush
  • Guest wrote: »
    Why not having a community debate about how we would like to see his kit ? It seems devs are wanting to rework him since we could see on Ahnald101 video about TB that he inflicted a new debuff on Han Solo.

They aren't reworking vader. They're improving dot graphics by adding a counter
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Guest wrote: »
    Why not having a community debate about how we would like to see his kit ? It seems devs are wanting to rework him since we could see on Ahnald101 video about TB that he inflicted a new debuff on Han Solo.

Actually another debuff pop up on Han Solo. It was looking like health down but with a white border as if it was then enrage version of healing immunity in raids.
  • Guest wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Guest wrote: »

Actually another debuff pop up on Han Solo. It was looking like health down but with a white border as if it was then enrage version of healing immunity in raids.

Link to video and time where? I've been searching his videos, can't replicate this sighting at all.
  • I saw this too and even commented about it when the video first dropped. Might have been the video about CHS and ROLO or for TB but I'm not sure... cbf going back and finding it. I'd like a totally new Vader with 3 abilities and 3 uniques... no leader ability. Make him the ultimate plug and play character for the dark side.
    518 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    In fact I was wrong about who made the video : it was Warrior and not Ahnald. The video is about Hermit Yoda unveiling.

Start at 8'52 but I recommande you to start a bit before. Then watch this amazing thing. And to be honest, Ahnald said on Reddit that the debuff counter was a huge QOL update coming (soon or no, he said they were not specific about it so it may happen in quite a long time).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8x01BHcgnnU

If you're paying attention, there's a lock on this new debuff and a 10 countdown. Of course it goes away after cleansing so I think it relate on debuff. I'm very curious about it since Vader is by far, my favorite character in this universe.

Of course I'd be happy if Devs want to join us and clarify this, even if I know they are worried about consequences since people misinterpret videos about TB.
    @CG_Kozispoon
    @CG_Dan
    @CG_Conduit23
    @CG_JohnSalera
    @CG_CapGaSP
  • Sapient2k7 wrote: »
    What about "I am your father" unique CLS is stunned for 5 turns.

What he really needs is the unique "I have a son!?"

I have a son!?
    If Luke Skywalker (any version) is active on either side, when Darth Vader or any enemy takes a turn Vader has a 50% (doubled for zeta) to inflict Annoyed debuff.

Annoyed: On character's next turn, has a 50% to escape from battle (doubled against Rebels, Jedi, Empire, Sith, Guardians of the Galaxy). While Vader is active, this debuff cannot be dispelled.
  • Unique- Immune to pathetic blasters
  • I know you guys want to be sarcastic about it but honestly, after all this Light Side domination all over again, all those rebels everywhere, I don't find the courage to continue. Even the darkest soul need fuel to keep up and for once, this fuel could be at least an answer saying a "Yes, what you have seen is a project we work on and that will come anytime soon" or a "No, this is just something we were trying".

Warm my evil heart Devs, please :blush:
    • bonuses versus Rebels
    • bonuses versus Jedi
    • grants bonuses to Imperial Troopers
    • bonus against stealth? (he can sense Luke on a ship, miles away)
    • vulnerable against stealth? (he can't sense that Leia is his daughter after spending an afternoon in a jail cell with her)

Also, based on canon:
    • JKA/Vader > Nute and a room full of droids
    • GK > JKA/Vader
    • Vader >>> CLS
    • Vader >>>> Kanan + Ezra
    • ATF ~ Vader
    • Vader > a dozen Rebel Greyshirts (remember this when DS TB comes out)
    • Vader > Han+Leia+TheRealChewbacca. Maybe you can argue that it's Vader+Boba+Lando+Lobot+Stormtrooper > Han+Leia+Chewy. But really, Vader could've gone 3v1.
    • gimpy Vader can one-shot EP

So basically, rough rule of thumb, Vader needs to be at least on par with ATF in terms of lethality and durability.
  • Calx wrote: »
    • bonuses versus Rebels
    • bonuses versus Jedi
    • grants bonuses to Imperial Troopers
    • bonus against stealth? (he can sense Luke on a ship, miles away)
    • vulnerable against stealth? (he can't sense that Leia is his daughter after spending an afternoon in a jail cell with her)

Also, based on canon:
    • JKA/Vader > Nute and a room full of droids
    • GK > JKA/Vader
    • Vader >>> CLS
    • Vader >>>> Kanan + Ezra
    • ATF ~ Vader
    • Vader > a dozen Rebel Greyshirts (remember this when DS TB comes out)
    • Vader > Han+Leia+TheRealChewbacca. Maybe you can argue that it's Vader+Boba+Lando+Lobot+Stormtrooper > Han+Leia+Chewy. But really, Vader could've gone 3v1.
    • gimpy Vader can one-shot EP

So basically, rough rule of thumb, Vader needs to be at least on par with ATF in terms of lethality and durability.

GK is not > than JKA or Vader. ROTS Kenobi beat Mustafar Anakin because of Manakin's emotional instability after the events of Knightfall and the encounter with Padme. Also, ATF is not > Vader, nor can he one-shot EP lol. ATF held her own a bit against him, but that was during Rebels, not Prime Vader. And EP got thrown off cause he was completely surprised by the betrayal of Vader.

Also, canon clearly doesn't matter in this game where Hoth Luke defeats Clone Wars Sidious or even ROTJ Palpatine. Preposterous.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Sun Djem - Vader disarms the target for the rest of the encounter (permanent ability block, offense down, crit down).

Unstoppable - same general mechanic as Kylo. Gains _______ whenever he takes damage.

Defend the Emperor - EP cannot be critically hit while Vader is alive. Or even, EP cannot be damaged at all while Vader is alive.

I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing, or
    You Are In Command Now, Admiral, or
    Apology Accepted, Captain - Vader stuns/disarms/kills one of his own allies, and then grants permanent buffs to his surviving allies.

I find CG's lack of faith disturbing. I mean, even the TIE Advanced has an ability name (I Have You Now) that's a direct dig at Vader's greatest failure. Yes, CLS is the main character of the whole thing, and should be uber powerful. But look at the cover art and load screen. CLS isn't crossing lightsabers with just anyone.
  • There needs to be synergy between Darth Vader and the Emperor. During the climactic duel in the Death Star throne room, the Emperor had absolute confidence in Darth Vader's ability to protect him. For that reason, I'd like to see some synergies that turn Darth Vader into a pseudo-tank for the Emperor. As a bonus, it would be cool if these two new passives could be unlocked through a kind of Hero's Journey event involving both Darth Vader and the Emperor.

I Must Obey My Master (Darth Vader Passive Ability): Darth Vader and the Emperor gain defense based upon their combined potency. ZETA: Emperor Palpatine cannot be targeted while Darth Vader is alive.

Rise, My Friend (Emperor Passive Ability): The Emperor gains 5% offense for each Sith ally, 5% critical chance for each Empire ally, 5% life steal for each Jedi opponent, and 10% critical damage for each Rebel opponent. For as long as the Emperor is alive, Darth Vader also gains these bonuses.

In addition to the passive abilities above, I'd like to see Omegas and Zetas on the Emperor's existing abilities:

Crackling Doom (Emperor Passive Ability): At the end of each of his turns, Palpatine deals special damage to all shocked enemies and then deals special damage to Jedi and Rebel enemies. OMEGA: Darth Vader and the Emperor gain 10% turn meter for each enemy damaged by Crackling Doom.

Emperor of the Galactic Empire (Emperor Leadership Skill): Empire and Sith allies gain 32% potency and health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -32% potency and evasion. When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff, they gain 20% turn meter. When a Sith ally inflicts a debuff, they gain 20% health. ZETA: When any ally uses a skill that is not an attack, Darth Vader is called to assist.
  • No rework, just add good unique ability
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    No rework, just add good unique ability

To be honest I half suspect that ea/cg will troll us with something like

When Darth Vader attacks a Jedi apply defense down on target for three turns, if defense down is already applied apply offense down for 3 turns, if offense down is already applied apply daze for 3 turns.

Sounds great except for the fact that it would work on Jedi only.
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Force crush unavoidable and irresistible. Unique that gives him +5% defense for each DoT present on the enemy team. If emperor palpatine is present he also gains this bonus.
  • I think vader needs speed, damage, syngergy with palpatine, and synergy with DOT.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I feel like there should be a mechanism to alleviate the '% on health attacks' i.e. expose, plague, deathmark, DoT, burning.

It is clear that plague & expose (Jedi Rey) are too OP as of now. On offense, NS and Jedi Rey teams win against any teams without a sweat. They hold well on defense too. Don't tell me some teams can beat those teams, you know no team is flawless on defense. So my point is, at least one team, one faction should be strong against it(% based on health attacks) So that NS & Jedi Rey finally have a team that they struggle against.
    It would be nice if Empire becomes that team with Vader rework, somehow. This is my basic idea and I haven't thought about specific kit yet.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I feel like there should be a mechanism to alleviate the '% on health attacks' i.e. expose, plague, deathmark, DoT, burning.

Old kylo has it and if the first order get a few legendary characters he could be in meta teams.
  • Naraic wrote: »

Old kylo has it and if the first order get a few legendary characters he could be in meta teams.

One character is not enough. In fact Jedi Rey and NS don't struggle against kylo or FO in general at all.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Naraic wrote: »

One character is not enough. In fact Jedi Rey and NS don't struggle against kylo or FO in general at all.

True however he could be a core part of a squad when krum becomes more common (ftp) and there is a legendary event first order character or two kylo could be part of meta breaking squad.

I just mean that it wouldn't really fit with other empire characters and Vader should have a different focus. It could fit in well with any new first order legendary characters(there has to be some eventually).
  • He needs a unique passive at least.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018

True however he could be a core part of a squad when krum becomes more common (ftp) and there is a legendary event first order character or two kylo could be part of meta breaking squad.

I just mean that it wouldn't really fit with other empire characters and Vader should have a different focus. It could fit in well with any new first order legendary characters(there has to be some eventually).

It's a matter of opinion whether FO should get it or Empire should, but Empire needs to have a powerful rework just like Rebels did. FO can wait because the whole faction is rather new and even its ancester haven't gotten enough works yet. Yeah Thrawn is good Shore is good Death Krennic is good but as a faction they were never as good as Rebels. Now Rebels, they have better stunners, better dispeller, better heal, better cleanse, better attackers, better stealth, better counter attack, much more insane hitters, more assist attacks, and all that makes empire no match against them.

Sith also needs some reworks of course. They should be powerful. Their lightnings and debuffs are just tickling.. underwhelming. And they don't hit hard.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    It's a matter of opinion whether FO should get it or Empire should, but Empire needs to have a powerful rework just like Rebels did. FO can wait because the whole faction is rather new and even its ancester haven't gotten enough works yet. Yeah Thrawn is good Shore is good Death Krennic is good but as a faction they were never as good as Rebels. They have better stunners, better dispeller, better heal, better cleanse, better attackers, better stealth, better counter attack, much more insane hitters, more assist attacks, and all that makes empire no match against them.

Sith also needs some reworks of course. They should be powerful. Their lightnings and debuffs are just tickling.. underwhelming. And they don't hit hard.

I'm arguing for fo because they already have someone with that skill. No one in the empire set has that kind of skill.

Palpatine with a zeta on his unique and a good unique ability (doesn't need to be insanely overpoweting) for Vader would be close to bringing a mixed Sith empire team to meta prominance with thrawn and possibly Nihilus or Dooku(a zeta on crackling doom boosts dooku as he applies shock too) and a tank.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

And closing this necro.
This discussion has been closed.