Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• EA has ruined this game entirely. I will no longer be spending anymore money on EA products. The fact that I've used 200 energy to get 3 pieces of gear from low level battles is ridiculous. As well as immediately battling 6 and 7 * opponents in galactic war in the first 3 battles. Also. If you're gonna make it so that the gear that we do get is 90% crap at least let us trade it for gear we can use.
  • Some people do seem to be finding GW easy. I don't want to brag but I am one of them, I have completed it at 5 days in a row. (although pre update I had a week of failing every day). I used a couple of retreats to minimise a bit of damage but that was it.

I wonder if it comes down to what server you are one. Mine isn't massively mature - I'm level 64 and coming in at about 70 in the arena. Ive been playing since End of December/Early January.

In case its of interest to anyone my GW squad is

Sid 6* - 54 Gear 8
    Lumi 6* - 64 Gear 7
    JC 5* - 60 Gear 8
    Poggle 6* - Gear 7

I switch between these 2 depending on whether I need stuns or damage
    Daka 5* - 64 Gear 7
    IG-88 5* - 64 Gear 7
  • Totally unenjoyable product now.

Max 70s on the 1st node for the 4th day in a row.

I will give it one more reset then Im done. Im not paying for pain.
  • Same for me, too difficult, and what I find more frustrating is that EA doesn't say anything about this
  • 39 pages in - has Anyone at EA answered, ever, on how teams are drawn? I have been following this thread from the start and most seems to have guesses but nobody official seems to have answered. Do you think they are even following this thread? I know some EA guys answer at times but I havent seen one yet!

I have a very up and down time with GW. Two days ago I hit the "wall". Yesterday I beat it (barely, took most of my toons). Today I hit the first wall which I expected and used two suicide squads to pass it. Problem is the next two battles were about the same level! Normally I see a cool down battle after the wall and I can get my A teams health healed. Today I am dead...
  • Pooket wrote: »
    Some people do seem to be finding GW easy. I don't want to brag but I am one of them, I have completed it at 5 days in a row. (although pre update I had a week of failing every day). I used a couple of retreats to minimise a bit of damage but that was it.

I wonder if it comes down to what server you are one. Mine isn't massively mature - I'm level 64 and coming in at about 70 in the arena. Ive been playing since End of December/Early January.

In case its of interest to anyone my GW squad is

Sid 6* - 54 Gear 8
    Lumi 6* - 64 Gear 7
    JC 5* - 60 Gear 8
    Poggle 6* - Gear 7

I switch between these 2 depending on whether I need stuns or damage
    Daka 5* - 64 Gear 7
    IG-88 5* - 64 Gear 7

Level 64 and you're #70 in the arena? At level 64 you should be in the top 5.
  • Pooket wrote: »

It can't just be the server you're on since the game pulls opponents from other servers (or someone on mine is playing bizarrely). I hit a level 56/character level 56 opponent at battle 6. The top player on my server is level 49, the next 2-10 is 43-47. So for them to be pulling opponents from my server implies that someone is willing to pay enough to get about 10 levels ahead of the top players, but doesn't play arena at all.

• Why doesn't gw look at your squad power rating and scale the opponents to that rather than random enemies 7 levels and fully geared against you. I'm 62 f2p with only 1 7 star (mainly because of switching focus) But like everyone else's complaints, can't finish after this patch. Please fix

Yes, yes, and hell yes. My player level is mid 50s, but since I'm grind happy, all my characters are high 30s/low 40s. I'll happily take two weeks just building up shards, mats, and the like, before really boosting up my characters.
  • Have they changed the amount of GW tokens? I thought it was 100-100-200-200-400-400, so 1200 tokens per GW. So i finished the 10th fight and only got 200 tokens. Is it a bug or did they change something without telling again?
  • 100-100-200-200-400-400=1400
    200 is correct for the 10th fight
  • The goals of the Galactic War feature were to: 1.Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard! 
    2.Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed (more on this below).
    3.Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles, not as you danced in and out of a given battle as was previously happening.
    4.And this will have more impact as the meta continues to expand,) provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective.

From the front page.

I totally agree with all of it.

The only thing I don't agree with is facing opponents who flat out, if you had the entire collection at the specific point in time of progression, you can never beat. There's a difference between hard to impossible.

Have it upscale:

- 1-3 Fodder but decent to your level
    - 4-6 Ok players. Energy management needed
    - 7-9 Good players, well geared too
    - 10-12 very good players. A lot of characters needed and death is a given.

I agree with the sentiment, but it's gone from too easy to a tiny bit too hard.
  • GeofRiv wrote: »
    100-100-200-200-400-400=1400
    200 is correct for the 10th fight

Oh man, my math is **** :D 1400, right.
    but there are 12 battles, so the 10th should give 400 shouldnt it?
  • 400 for the last node, 200 for the 10th is correct.
  • five2zero wrote: »
    400 for the last node, 200 for the 10th is correct.

Okay. Thank you for the help
  • Rod___INL wrote: »
    GW was the most fun and strategic part of the game! It was not an exploit that made it easy! In fact it used to be hard and require strategic planning to substitute guys in at the right times. Now it is boring!!!! If I lose a character I retreat and try again. Way too easy! I just had a round at th. Cc referrer36assessed22www22w22wwwwwww2ww2ww2w222w2w22wwwwww2wwwww2w www wwwwwww×wwwwwwwwwwwwwbb. B b. V. Vvb bbbbv b bb bbv vbse end of galactic war and I lost 5 times in a row and kept starting over. Finally I decided to forget it. No fun when I know I will win if I just keep starting over!

GW was the most strategic part of the game before the update. Now it is just trial and error and you will eventually win. If that is how it is going to stay I won't play it anymore.

I wish i had known
  • Ive been playing since the start so i have a group of guys up there in development so gw doesnt seem that impossible ever, with that being said with all those attempts i have less than 20 full wins but its fun every time thats all that counts. I hope they release another mode designed to reign in new players it should be fun for all
  • How sad...my first post and it has to be a negative one. Devs, please, what in the world have you done to this wonderful game you started with? Yeah it wasn't perfect but man was it fun as hell.

For many of us GW is the highlight of this game and you completely ruined it. Like many have mentioned there should be some kind of progression to GW...it just seems to be random, sometimes impossible walls built to make us fail to stop or slow down our character progression. I'm a light spender compared to others, maybe $60 bucks a week but I'm done for now. I will not spend another dime until this is fixed.
    Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies...ask me again, I'll spit in your eyes
  • LazarusFX wrote: »
    How sad...my first post and it has to be a negative one. Devs, please, what in the world have you done to this wonderful game you started with? Yeah it wasn't perfect but man was it fun as hell.

For many of us GW is the highlight of this game and you completely ruined it. Like many have mentioned there should be some kind of progression to GW...it just seems to be random, sometimes impossible walls built to make us fail to stop or slow down our character progression. I'm a light spender compared to others, maybe $60 bucks a week but I'm done for now. I will not spend another dime until this is fixed.

Totally agree. I'd add that it doesn't seem fair that it gets harder for those with stacked teams but the rewards don't improve. I think the Devs are fixing bugs and over correcting on other things. You guys overshot on this one.
  • Everyone has to keep in mind how much GW is tied to the new credit economy and not being able to beat it affects mid level players with high credit needs. Those complaining most (including me) lack that cookie cutter A team and prob tried to work on too many characters at once. Now, not having a challenge that gives reasonable credits makes you freak out and hopefully start impulse spending
  • Yes, the business development team has taken over and they don't care about the gamers. They are going after short termprofits without realizing how much this is turning us off. It is not about the gaming experience anymore. It's about squeezing everyone for their last dime.
  • LazarusFX wrote: »
    How sad...my first post and it has to be a negative one. Devs, please, what in the world have you done to this wonderful game you started with? Yeah it wasn't perfect but man was it fun as hell.

+1 Now it is all about how long you will grind to find the right script sequence for your respective team so they don't get obliterated. And that is only if that option is even possible. I had a lvl 50 team go up against 66's just stupid. But I hear they are addressing the variance in leveled opponents. It was better before, and please don't get confused. I am not really peeved at not finishing a GW every once in a while. GW was like real war before, when you could send in quick hit teams and pull out. Now they are just suicide squads. Sad.
  • jschubeck
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    [SNIP]
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines - spam]
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Well ... I like the way retreat works. Total reset ... allows me to rethink my team or strategy for a battle. If it is unwinnable with any team combo I have. I send in some b or c team kamakazis to take out what I can ... which usually gives an a-team the ability to win.
  • Owlkapwn wrote: »
    Everyone has to keep in mind how much GW is tied to the new credit economy and not being able to beat it affects mid level players with high credit needs. Those complaining most (including me) lack that cookie cutter A team and prob tried to work on too many characters at once. Now, not having a challenge that gives reasonable credits makes you freak out and hopefully start impulse spending

I been going over these quotes and i think u hit the nail on the head. Ive been playing games like final fantasy breath of fire chrono trigger since i was a kid so i knew how i wanted to develop my team and now its fun routine just like how it started but if you have 40 or 50 characters all at around lvl 50 or lower your path to winning might take longer just saying
  • I loved this game up until yesterday. Obviously top management has given the instruction to start generating more revenue leaving me personally feeling like I am being baited into spending more $$. The new matchmaking systems leaves me with impossible draws at about match 3 already, im lvl 51. GW used to be a big part of the day for me now.I.just enter for the crystals.
  • I hate facing players more than 5 levels higher than me in GW. I just don't have that many toons to sacrifice as a f2p player :( . I managed o squeak a win the day before but not today. As per achievement tracking, seems I completed 7 GW since it became available to me but man it is a bit excruciating sometimes
  • Saw these pictures over at Reddit. The attacking player is at least level 58. Inconsistent matchmaking.
    cVAholW.jpg
    8ovgvyu.jpg
  • Yeah but he does have Savage Opress so needs all the help he can get.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
This discussion has been closed.