Don't you just hate it when people call characters toons?

2Next

Replies

• I personally don't care what they call them lol.
  • They call me Toon
    They call me Hero
    They call me Char
    They call me Character

That's not my name
    That's not my name
    That's not my name
    That's not my name

They call me Ashoka
    They call me Duku
    They call me Bobba
    They call me Oppress

That's not my name
    That's not my name
    That's not my name
    That's not my name
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • CPMP wrote: »
    pred554 wrote: »
    A character is a person in a movie, play or novel. A cartoon character is the same thing but drawn, digital, by hand, by 3D animation, claymation, special effects. Pretty much ANYthing that is not a real human or in written form. An animated character is essentially a cartoon character that is animated. A video game character is a digitally drawn character. The only thing that differentiates a character from a cartoon character is the fact that it's drawn. It's literally the definition. So while you may not like it, a "toon" is slang for cartoon character which it literally is by the definition of the word

So Paul Walker in Fast and Furious 7 was a cartoon?

EDIT: Cartoony is a term used to describe somewhat the opposite of realistic. When you use fancy colors, unrealistic propotions, humorous design, then the outcome is more "cartoony" than "realistic".

Also Urban Dictionary has a nice interpretation of the word "toon" but if you are easily offended i would advise not search it! o:)

By definition, yup.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    DarthThai wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »
    pred554 wrote: »
    A character is a person in a movie, play or novel. A cartoon character is the same thing but drawn, digital, by hand, by 3D animation, claymation, special effects. Pretty much ANYthing that is not a real human or in written form. An animated character is essentially a cartoon character that is animated. A video game character is a digitally drawn character. The only thing that differentiates a character from a cartoon character is the fact that it's drawn. It's literally the definition. So while you may not like it, a "toon" is slang for cartoon character which it literally is by the definition of the word

So Paul Walker in Fast and Furious 7 was a cartoon?

EDIT: Cartoony is a term used to describe somewhat the opposite of realistic. When you use fancy colors, unrealistic propotions, humorous design, then the outcome is more "cartoony" than "realistic".

Also Urban Dictionary has a nice interpretation of the word "toon" but if you are easily offended i would advise not search it! o:)

the word "town" spoken in a geordie accent sounds like the slang term "toon."

What's wrong with that?....Oh! The other definition. :smiley:

As a former long time DDO player, they were always called "chars" or "characters". When DDO went F2P, the WoW invasion started, and "toon" hit the forums, sparking threads similar to this one. Eventually, it became a part of the jargon. So, I'll admit, I started using it, and do here as well.

Give in to your hate! Come to the Dark Side!

Never!! Although i have to say WoW characters are a bit cartoony/cartoonistic. Especially gnomes.
    They call me Toon
    They call me Hero
    They call me Char
    They call me Character

That's not my name
    That's not my name
    That's not my name
    That's not my name

They call me Ashoka
    They call me Duku
    They call me Bobba
    They call me Oppress