A positive solution for TBs

Earlier I had a gripe about the difficulty levels of tbs. so I thought of a possible solution. Guilds with over 50 million total power should be on a more difficult setting than ones of under 50 million. It's a simple solution to a massive issue for all players that don't have the power to compete.

Replies

• Nope
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it...
  • Your "Participation Trophy Case" must be lovely to display to company ;)
  • Nothing wrong with TB. It forces players to open all characters rather than focus a single group. I am new to galaxy of heroes, started playing a few months ago, and my roster is about 3/4 open. I have more options than most who don't get the whole diversify thing.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I am still waiting to see this
    "Battle with the full force of your entire collection: Bring the strength of everything you’ve collected into the fight for Hoth! Now, every character and ship you collect - and every upgrade - matters."

Majority of my roster does 0 battles. All them upgrades to wedge look great getting used 6/6 times for platoons.
  • Nori703 wrote: »
    Your "Participation Trophy Case" must be lovely to display to company ;)

lol good one!
  • scuba wrote: »
    "Battle with the full force of your entire collection: Bring the strength of everything you’ve collected into the fight for Hoth! Now, every character and ship you collect - and every upgrade - matters."

Majority of my roster does 0 battles. All them upgrades to wedge look great getting used 6/6 times for platoons.

You can deploy your entire roster into ship and ground force battles.
  • I think they wanted to be forced to gear CUP to g11
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Nope

this ^
  • scuba wrote: »

You can deploy your entire roster into ship and ground force battles.

You're right. I leveled and geared all my DS characters, and when I hit "Deploy All", oh the rush of battle!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I only have 17 characters left to unlock, been playing this game as free to play for over a year. If I want to take my power to any guild to get 45 stars then I could. I'm staying loyal to the guild I've been working with and if I'm trying to find a solution to help others with less power than myself then I will . If no one has anything useful to say then don't say anything at all. If you're in a better position than thousands of others less fortunate then good for you. If TBs weren't broken then they wouldn't of been changing the platoon characters or ships so hastily nor changing (soon I hope) the twenty four hour to twelve hour wait for the next territory. So clearly loads of things need fixing . You people are so new that you probably don't remember what happened when they launched the first aat!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

would you rather need the 24 hour period to fight battles with all of your roster? :wink:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • My point about that was to the person that said if it ain't broke don't fix it, coz it clearly is broken or else they wouldn't be fixing it would they .
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Dani07 wrote: »
    I only have 17 characters left to unlock, been playing this game as free to play for over a year. If I want to take my power to any guild to get 45 stars then I could.

17 characters not unlocked? You couldn't even find a 40 star guild (being VERY optimistic here) that would want you.
    Post edited by CaptainRex on
  • Lets not split hairs here , you got my point. I could be in a much better guild if I wanted . I'm happy with being loyal thank you. If others want to jump ship to better their progress, whatever. The point is we shouldn't have to be leaving guilds . It's about everyone being able to play not just the whales .
  • Dani07 wrote: »
    Lets not split hairs here , you got my point. I could be in a much better guild if I wanted . I'm happy with being loyal thank you. If others want to jump ship to better their progress, whatever. The point is we shouldn't have to be leaving guilds . It's about everyone being able to play not just the whales .

The devs don't think that way. They wanted guilds to split over TB. Goal for them was to widen the gap between the hardcore and causal players.
  • I'm starting to understand that now. But it's still not right , we should be able to stick with the guilds that we've gotten to know and become friends with and that shouldn't be affecting our game play to do that. If the difficulty was changed like I said in my first message it would be fairer. They could make the prizes better for the harder setting.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I always wonder about these suggestions (same thing with GW). What is the functional difference between having an easier mode in which you get lower rewards, and having the existing mode in which you wind up with fewer stars and therefore get (likely the same) lower rewards?

Why would it make you feel better to be able to click a button that says "give me the choice that guarantees lower rewards" and then winding up with the same result in the end?
  • Liath wrote: »
    I always wonder about these suggestions (same thing with GW). What is the functional difference between having an easier mode in which you get lower rewards, and having the existing mode in which you wind up with fewer stars and therefore get (likely the same) lower rewards?

Why would it make you feel better to be able to click a button that says "give me the choice that guarantees lower rewards" and then winding up with the same result in the end?

Exactly. Rank 50 in the Heroic raids are a million times better than Rank 1 in any of the other raids.
  • Agreed, but along with the heroic raids there's lesser raids for those who cant compete. For everyone that's able to get 25 * and above this does not effect them at all. People that can't even get 10* should have an option to play an easier TB with less rewards. At least there's a choice that way .
  • Oh and for me GW is what it is , part of regular daily gameplay. GW is tailored to how good you are , we certainly don't need a separate one of those.
  • Just grind like everyone else. Every star you earn measures your progress. TB is already designed for all performance levels. The first few waves of every mission are easy enough to allow some points for everyone. Get a star or two and move on. At the end you get the rewards you earned. Build your roster for better rewards.

You don't need an easier mode, it's already built in.
    Agreed, but along with the heroic raids there's lesser raids for those who cant compete. For everyone that's able to get 25 * and above this does not effect them at all. People that can't even get 10* should have an option to play an easier TB with less rewards. At least there's a choice that way .

Except that here they have the ability to play -- they just only get a few stars. The difference between TB and raids is that raids are all-or-nothing -- if you don't beat it you get no rewards. Here, you get rewards, even if it's only a tiny bit.
  • True everyone can at least gain stars. But the combats aren't specific , they say the star level but not the gear level or how much a character should be trained by. Deployment or my roster is no issue nor is the grind . It's a lot to to with the combat missions , if a combat is four * requirement then basically it shouldn't be that hard .
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Agreed, but along with the heroic raids there's lesser raids for those who cant compete. For everyone that's able to get 25 * and above this does not effect them at all. People that can't even get 10* should have an option to play an easier TB with less rewards. At least there's a choice that way .

But my question is what difference does it make? Raids are different because if you fail a heroic raid, you get nothing. Thus it makes sense for there to be lower level raids that allow lower level guilds to get something.

But let's say they implement Easy TB, and you have a choice between Easy TB and Hard TB. Let's say that there's still a max of 45 stars in Easy TB, and that a low level guild can expect to get about 3 times as many stars in Easy TB as in Hard TB (and high level guilds could easily get 45 stars in Easy TB). And let's say that the maximum rewards in Easy TB are about comparable to the rewards for getting 15 stars in Hard TB (because that's about the best you can hope for).

Say your guild can get 10 stars in Hard TB. Now you are given a choice between Easy TB and Hard TB. You choose Easy TB. You get 30 stars! Yay, you're awesome! You get the same rewards as you would have gotten if you'd selected Hard TB and gotten 10 stars.

Why is this good? Why is this better than just having one TB with scaling rewards?
    I only have 17 characters left to unlock, been playing this game as free to play for over a year. If I want to take my power to any guild to get 45 stars then I could. I'm staying loyal to the guild I've been working with and if I'm trying to find a solution to help others with less power than myself then I will . If no one has anything useful to say then don't say anything at all. If you're in a better position than thousands of others less fortunate then good for you. If TBs weren't broken then they wouldn't of been changing the platoon characters or ships so hastily nor changing (soon I hope) the twenty four hour to twelve hour wait for the next territory. So clearly loads of things need fixing . You people are so new that you probably don't remember what happened when they launched the first aat!

My suggestion is to combine forces with another guild and work together. I think creating a guild community is going to be the next logical step for many of the lower performing guilds out there. Guild communities (GC) can help evaluate the needs of lower performing players without leaving them in the dust. Plus, they're a cool way to get to know other players, talk strategies, and all that other crap.

If your guild was so willing to just throw you to the wayside, you might be better without them. Find a guild that will help you grow and once you are strong enough, help others.

• Liath wrote: »

But my question is what difference does it make? Raids are different because if you fail a heroic raid, you get nothing. Thus it makes sense for there to be lower level raids that allow lower level guilds to get something.

But let's say they implement Easy TB, and you have a choice between Easy TB and Hard TB. Let's say that there's still a max of 45 stars in Easy TB, and that a low level guild can expect to get about 3 times as many stars in Easy TB as in Hard TB (and high level guilds could easily get 45 stars in Easy TB). And let's say that the maximum rewards in Easy TB are about comparable to the rewards for getting 15 stars in Hard TB (because that's about the best you can hope for).

Say your guild can get 10 stars in Hard TB. Now you are given a choice between Easy TB and Hard TB. You choose Easy TB. You get 30 stars! Yay, you're awesome! You get the same rewards as you would have gotten if you'd selected Hard TB and gotten 10 stars.

Why is this good? Why is this better than just having one TB with scaling rewards?

To be fair thinking about it you're absolutely right. Maybe for moral it'd be better but if the rewards, as you say would be the same , if you got 10* in the hard or 30* in the easy then there'd be no point. Though I'd definitely be up for seeing more specifications added to combat as it's way too vague.

• My suggestion is to combine forces with another guild and work together. I think creating a guild community is going to be the next logical step for many of the lower performing guilds out there. Guild communities (GC) can help evaluate the needs of lower performing players without leaving them in the dust. Plus, they're a cool way to get to know other players, talk strategies, and all that other ****.

If your guild was so willing to just throw you to the wayside, you might be better without them. Find a guild that will help you grow and once you are strong enough, help others.
    Our guild changed leadership n name a day before TB , out of the 49 that disbanded, almost forty rejoined. We're fractured but not broken , we need another ten or so players and we'll hopefully be getting 15 to 20 stars . We'd also be more than happy with that. Thank you for your welcome suggestion.