Speed mod challenge

Prev1
Hello, I'm building my ressistence for mod challenge and wondering about turn order due to speed, I'm playing without rey.
And if you can advice which ability need to be max out for succes run? (Won't use it elsewhere so I wanna spend as low gear and abi mats possible) I will have them g7-g8 hopefully that's enough.
Thanks very much

Replies

• Options
    Zeta Finn and you're fine at g8
  • Options
    I guess won't waste zeta for unlock mods
  • Options
    There worth the zeta on finn but I didn't have it when I did them. Good speed on poe and potency on everyone did it for me gear 7 and 8.
  • Options
    collapsE wrote: »

Zeta Finn is absolutely not a waste. Resistance under zFinn in GW and TB is absolutely deadly. I've taken on a 5-zeta, 5-g12 meta squad on GW node 12 with my resistance squad that has 2 g11 (poe, finn), 2 g10 (r2, rey) and 1 g8 (soldier) and beat them without that team taking a single turn. Finn's zeta is one of the top leader zetas.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I'm not arguing about value of that zeta but as you can see im new player and I really just wanna 3 star this challenge
  • Options
    @collapsE Finn zeta ist one of the best zeta non pvp you can have.
  • Options
    it depends on what level you are, if you are 75+ then leveled up and g7 should be fine, poe needs to faster than everyone else on both teams, then finn, all 5 of them need potency... good luckl
  • Options
    Thank you I will go with that
  • Options
    I had my r2d2 at gear 11 for my arena and was able to 3 star the challenge with the rest at gear 7.
  • Options
    As @Osik said, G7, lvl 75 should be enough to do it.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've 3* all the challeges with lvl 75ish G7/G8 squads.
  • Shahram1222
    198 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You don't need to zeta Finn. I did it with a gear 8 squad with no zetas, but used Rey and R2. Without Rey, you probably need a gear 8 team. Use your arena mods.
  • Options

I did it with r2 at g11 and Rey g9. Rest at varying degrees between g5 and g7. Was incredibly easy and you could do it with far less. Definitely don't need a zeta on Finn.
  • Options
    Speed mod are not good. You can acquire maximum 17 speed thanks to it. Ok, you're fast. But someone with a critical damage and critical chance mods will make you suffer more than what you can.
  • Options
    Arena is all about speed especially openings hero like thraw sa r2
  • Options
    Pass it with lvl 70 team g7 n g8.. far before r2 arrive. I borrow my arena team mods.. bcause it's just once in a lifetime battle. And more cheaper than upgrade new mods :lol:
  • Options
    I did it with a G11 Rey, G8 R2, G7 Poe, G6 trooper and G6 Pilot with mediocre mods. I was lucky, it came down to the damage spread evenly before the last phase and then it's just keeping Rey stunlocked.
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

i did it without anyone other than R2 over g7 , rey 5 stars finn 5 stars..... no one other than r2 had over level 3 on any ability and i put bad 5 dot mods on them so you deftinly dont need a zeta finn. also no one over level 71 except r2

• Options
    A brief for the defense of Finn zeta. One of the best zetas in the game :) res -TB rockstars, gw eaters, haat viable in phases 2-4. I highly advise them :) but most mod battles aren't too crazy to defeat. Above comments are all informative enough.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    collapsE wrote: »

Zeta Finn is absolutely not a waste. Resistance under zFinn in GW and TB is absolutely deadly. I've taken on a 5-zeta, 5-g12 meta squad on GW node 12 with my resistance squad that has 2 g11 (poe, finn), 2 g10 (r2, rey) and 1 g8 (soldier) and beat them without that team taking a single turn. Finn's zeta is one of the top leader zetas.

Shhhh.... zFinn will be next on the Nerf-block.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • HardPill2Swallow
    108 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Guest wrote: »
    Speed mod are not good. You can acquire maximum 17 speed thanks to it. Ok, you're fast. But someone with a critical damage and critical chance mods will make you suffer more than what you can.

Whoa holdup...you mean the maximum secondary speed on a speed mod bonus set is 17?

What the kitten devs? So I've been farming speed mods for over a year trying to get secondary speed in the 20s on the speed bonus set, wasting crystals and credits for something that isn't even in the game? If this is true...thanks for letting us blindly spend crystals and credits farming for nothing when all this time we could have been farming something else instead devs.

Honestly I'm not surprised by anything in this game anymore or anything the devs do.
    Post edited by Pyrefly on
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Whoa holdup...you mean the maximum secondary speed on a speed mod bonus set is 17?

What the hell devs? So I've been farming speed mods for over a year trying to get secondary speed in the 20s on the speed bonus set, wasting crystals and credits for something that isn't even in the game? If this is true...thanks for letting us blindly spend crystals and credits farming for nothing when all this time we could have been farming something else instead devs.

Honestly I'm not surprised by anything in this game anymore or anything the devs do.

Uh, no. He is presumably talking about the bonus you would get from the speed set itself. The secondary is irrelevant to the question because you could have a good secondary on any set.
  • Options
    No, the maximum value of the speed mod set bonus is 17, because the 10% bonus is only applied to the character's base speed, not their modded speed. TFP is the fastest character in the game at 170 speed, which translates to an extra 17 speed from a max-level speed mod set bonus.
    Each individual speed mod can also have the same speed secondary bonus that all other non-speed-arrows can have.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    For Arena those +17 may make a the difference. I know that for HAAT they also make such a difference.
  • Options
    Speed mods are necessary on toons that MUST be fast in order to get the rest of the team moving by manipulating TM. An extra 15-17 speed can be crucial.
  • Options
    Shhhh.... zFinn will be next on the Nerf-block.

This. Please keep quite. zFinn is utter rubbish! *cough*
  • Options
    Rac3track wrote: »
    Speed mods are necessary on toons that MUST be fast in order to get the rest of the team moving by manipulating TM. An extra 15-17 speed can be crucial.

turn order can also be vital... If your thrawn gets fracture off first etc.

Though straight damage can make up for speed deficiencies.

• Options

You don't need to zeta Finn for it. R2 easily makes up for no zeta. This is one of the harder mod challenges, but it's still easy to 3*. G8 is plenty fine with decent mods. I had trash mods on all but R2 and smoked it with most of them being G7.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Wasn't really hard, all 5* g7-g8 avg ability level 5, no rey.. On second try (first one everyone ressist poe and he die taunting)
  • Options
    Yes...potency on r2. If he stuns jedi Rey, you 3*. If not, you don't.