SWGoH Ultimate Wishlist! / QOL suggestions [MERGE]

Replies

• I agree with the OP. TB while fun..takes too long to complete and the rewards should be way better. 15 yoda shards a week is a slow farm. As for G12...I hate it. Gear is hard enough to farm unless people are willing to spend money...and that's exactly what people have been doing. Arena and Galatic Wars are filling up quickly with golden squads. Yes they are still beatable..but the game now has become more tedious and drawn out more than it needs to be.

This week my guild did 6 raids...and those 6 times I got gear that I have hundreds of pieces of already. I didn't receive a single stun cuff, hair dryer or MK3 carb from any raids in ages and we all know that those pieces are used up by the same toons that everyone is using in arena.

So it's spend money to get your arena toons viable...after 3 months EA releases better toons that people use and then it's the whole rinse and repeat process all over again. It's messed up with a roster of 120 toons...only 20 of them are worth playing and instead of reworking everything so there is more variety in the game...they release more toons so they can make more money.

I know a large population of the players like the way the game is heading..but I for one...do not!
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • I agree with the OP. TB while fun..takes too long to complete and the rewards should be way better. 15 yoda shards a week is a slow farm. As for G12...I hate it. Gear is hard enough to farm unless people are willing to spend money...and that's exactly what people have been doing. Arena and Galatic Wars are filling up quickly with golden squads. Yes they are still beatable..but the game now has become more tedious and drawn out more than it needs to be.

This week my guild did 6 raids...and those 6 times I got gear that I have hundreds of pieces of already. I didn't receive a single stun cuff, hair dryer or MK3 carb from any raids in ages and we all know that those pieces are used up by the same toons that everyone is using in arena.

So it's spend money to get your arena toons viable...after 3 months EA releases better toons that people use and then it's the whole rinse and repeat process all over again. It's messed up with a roster of 120 toons...only 20 of them are worth playing and instead of reworking everything so there is more variety in the game...they release more toons so they can make more money.

I know a large population of the players like the way the game is heading..but I for one...do not!

Glad someone else sees this. We're fighting a losing battle. Whales will continue to spend thousands like the addicted sheep they are and change will never happen.
  • I think Gear 12 is horrible, both in concept and execution. It makes things worse by:
    1) Making hard to obtain characters entire useless unless they are max star count
    2) Makes the game far more pay to win than ever before
    3) Makes the grind that is already ridiculously long even worse
    4) Drives the game further into the "rich get richer" state

Second major problem: Credits. Even though I can do the highest Credit Heist, I am constantly strained on credits. It may be that if you have played a long time, you have enough credits to keep up, but I cannot level up any character except the top few. When Commander Luke was announced, I would have needed to somehow get 40 million credits in two weeks to get him.
    Suggestions: There are things in game that give 300 - 900 credits, that amount should be x10 (missions) - x100 (bronzium).

Both of these lead to uniformity in the game: if you cannot gear and level up other characters, then everyone just uses what is meta, because why on earth would I spend my scarce resources on anything else ?

It's one thing to have to work for something, but if you move up the goalpost this far, then it becomes extremely prohibitive for newer players (like me) to catch up. Most big games have catchup mechanics in place, but SWGOH has none.

• 1. Additional tier to all challenges requirements could be L85 G10-11 to get more gear and Zetas
    2. Additional challenge to cover missing gear - stun guns, furnaces, some blue and green gear everybody needs
    3. No challenge timer +sim ALL for specific day
    4. More ships, some of them are still unfarmable after months
    5. Ship raid?
    6. Fix ship targeting (trying to click on taht ship behind all buffs or weird camera angle is sometimes impossible)
    7. Lower crystal price for Shore Trooper? That guy is there almost a year for original price
    8. change Credit and Droid event to weekly regulars
    9. Automatic in-game notification to those who didnt provide 600tickets 30min before deadline
    10. Fix 600 ticket count
    11. Salacious B. Crumb as character
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    I think Gear 12 is horrible, both in concept and execution. It makes things worse by:
    1) Making hard to obtain characters entire useless unless they are max star count
    2) Makes the game far more pay to win than ever before
    3) Makes the grind that is already ridiculously long even worse
    4) Drives the game further into the "rich get richer" state

Second major problem: Credits. Even though I can do the highest Credit Heist, I am constantly strained on credits. It may be that if you have played a long time, you have enough credits to keep up, but I cannot level up any character except the top few. When Commander Luke was announced, I would have needed to somehow get 40 million credits in two weeks to get him.
    Suggestions: There are things in game that give 300 - 900 credits, that amount should be x10 (missions) - x100 (bronzium).

Both of these lead to uniformity in the game: if you cannot gear and level up other characters, then everyone just uses what is meta, because why on earth would I spend my scarce resources on anything else ?

It's one thing to have to work for something, but if you move up the goalpost this far, then it becomes extremely prohibitive for newer players (like me) to catch up. Most big games have catchup mechanics in place, but SWGOH has none.

All it takes is your CC and the liberal use of your index finger to catch up.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Being able to change leaders of a guild without that leader having to leave the guild....

Not a biggie for some I realise, but some people like to show they have been in that guild for some time with their stats and these reset if you leave.
  • Please add a feature for recall memorized mods to avoid spending hours in changing mods.
  • RELEASE PADME ALREADY!

YES PLEASE
    I want a leia, rey, padme, ahsoka team
  • How about the ability to remove gear from toons you haven't geared to the next level and transfer to others.

I have some useless toons I've geared about halfway to the next level and I'd love to have that gear back.
  • I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but:

-make it so a Mk V-A mod and a Mk V-D mod at unlock stay that way. There is no reason for a Mk V-D mod should be labeled as an A level mod when you upgrade it to level 12.

Yep!

Can't tell you how many times a mod had a speed secondary that never increased despite dropping 400k+

• Craft gear shards into higher tiers and dismantle into lower tiers . Example; craft 4 mkII stun cuffs into 1 mkIII stun cuff.

Multiple spend of ally points.

12 hour TB

New challenge tiers

Better guild store toons and gear.

Take GG off shard shop and place in cantina node.

Stop making new toons use the same gear numerous established toons use, there are tons of gear we have thousands of.

Remove none farmable toons from TB platoons.

That is all...
    I am the Reaper
  • First & foremost they need to fix the daily ticket counter. It's been broken for months. This is how my guild decides who stays & who isn't contributing. We've had to use other methods, which are time consuming & a pain.
    FIX THE TICKET COUNTER!!

Why don't you do that only once a week with the summary of Raid-Tickets?
  • peruhead
    17 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Make 2.5 mil credits the new lower limit for Tier 4 Credit Heist. Every time I got 1.5 mil I feel like I lost 1 mil instead of gaining 1.5 mil.

Just my two cents. Cheers
    Post edited by peruhead on
  • Revamp gear challenges to give actual gear that players need. Level 4 stun guns and 5 power cells are not needed. I have 549 of them on hand. Put actual GS 8, 9 and 10 gear in the challenges players require.

Raid payout gear needs to be revamped. AT all levels the gear should be relevant to the time it takes a guild to kill a boss. Not every guild is 2 years old nor have players with Zeta teams. My shard is still young with most players only bring 82 and not even 1/2 the toons unlocked.

More rotation of character shards being available in Cantina battles. Why have 2 nodes to farm CW Chewie? Each character should have a cantina battle to earn shards from. RNG also needs to be revamped. 100 energy spent on a node should not generate 0 character shards when there are only 5 items for the AI to choose as a reward.

Diversify the Shard shop. Why is Grevious the flavor of the year? Glass cannons are nice, but give him a capital ship or give Nute a capital ship.
    More Imperials. Would like to see Gen Tagge, Col Wolfe, Admiral Piett, Moff Jarjarrad and others as well as AT-AT drivers, Tie Defenders, Tie Intercepors, etc work their way in. So many characters. Stop focusing on the **** Kenner line up. I don't need 17 Lukes, 5 Han Solos, and Liea or Padme wardrobe change. What's next R2 with periscope sensor and R2 with Luke's saber and 3PO with pull apart limbs and back pack?
  • Cannonfodder1018
    121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    When ship battles were updated, abilities that have special effects based off target lock now Flash when the targeted ship has the target lock debuff. This has given me an idea on other abilities that are condition based.

Hera's Basic inflicts expose on the healthiest target, but that is not always evident just looking at the health bars. If the healthiest target is targeted by Hera her basic should flash to let the user know that the conditions to inflict expose are met.

This could also help with Yoda if a target is 100% healthy versus 99%, which the user might not be able to see.

Also Raid Han's basic, which has different effects based off enemy turn meter.

I'm sure there are other characters that would benefit from this as well but I haven't taken the time to identify and list them.
  • Very cool idea. Sounds like a lot of work that would lead to a lot of graphical or performance related issues though. Might not be a good idea in this time of rampant bugs.
  • The healthiest character gets a popup message at the start of Heras turn every time. It doesn't last very long though so you have to be looking for it.
  • Update Outdated parts:
    -Bronzium packs
    -Daily challenges
    -Daily rewards
    -Add new slots in Fleet shipments (one for toons and one for gear)
    Add QoL improvements:
    -'Copy' button for Player ID and Ally Code
    -A Chat which works INSIDE the game. (currently on Android we get a textbox popping up everytime we want to start typing, I think this is the same on IOS)
    Game Mechanics Rebalance:
    -Add a new Gear RNG formula which increases the drop chance when the specific gear is heavily needed.
    -Make the Gear prices in the SHARD SHOP reasonable.
    -Basic stat boost for toons with only 3 abilities/passives (Health, Protection and Damage, mainly damage)
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I think that whenever someone starts a thread on QOL they should state what exactly "Quality of Life" means.

To me it means two things:
    -Decrease the amount of time required to play the game (for a player to obtain most or all of the free rewards available each day)
    -Reduce the requirements to log in at specific times (for squad arena, regular arena, free energy, flash events, kept TB at 24 hr phases, etc.)

Judging by the original post, I think this is what intended, but this thread is going off in different directions.

To me, QOL does not relate to gear crunch relief or other requests for more rewards (more credits, hard node characters on 2 nodes, etc.). This is a bit related to QOL as increasing rewards will make it less significant if you miss some, but it is mostly a different issue. It is another important issue, but I think it should be treated as a separate topic.

And QOL definitely does not relate to requests for new content (Jango Fett, a ship raid, clone helmets, etc.) or bug fixes (obviously they should want to fix bugs and improve game performance). If you include these things then the term has no meaning and the thread is just about any suggestions you have for the game.
  • ... and 3PO with pull apart limbs and back pack?

I'd spend real money for that version of 3PO...

:smile:

• 11. Redo raid reward system so a guilds with 50 pit solos don't get random payouts. Highly suggest damage threshold payouts for current and all future raids.

This!!!!
  • The only major quality of life improvement that needs to be done is improving the chat feature.

-You should be able to PM allies/guild members. This way you know what's been read which helps coordination.
    -Leaders and officers should have a separate chat that stays highlighted during Territory battles and raids. This way everyone knows what to do and what not to do.

Separate from this yet related: Leaders and officers should be able to set restrictions for all guild events

-Say we have a rule that you can only use one weak character during the first 24 hours of the Rancor raid in order to give everyone a chance to record their name for rewards. Make it so that you can put physical restrictions on these battles that way you don't have to rely on just trust. This would help greatly for new members to established guilds.

-Other restrictions could be only allowing players to deploy their characters in a certain territory or allowing them to only battle in a certain combat mission. Again, this would just make coordination easier than relying on chat communication.

Use Discord, also you mentioned "physical restrictions on battle so you don't have to rely on trust"
    You just need to communicate better within your guild and remove members that don't follow rules.
    Our guild has a 24hr 0 damage on Rancor and a 24hr freeze on hAAT once P4 is reached
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
  • Please fix/improve things to help guild management as it is currently way too time consuming for officers and leaders. the following would really help:

1. Fix the daily raid tickets counter. this will save so much time for other guild management needs.
    2. allow us to view who has completed combat missions in TB
    3. if possible allow us to lock certain territories so we don't waste territory points.
    4. Please pin the guild chat message to the guild screen so people will always see it when opening a raid or territory battles
  • Please fix/improve things to help guild management as it is currently way too time consuming for officers and leaders. the following would really help:

1. Fix the daily raid tickets counter.
    2. allow us to view who has completed combat missions in TB
    3. if possible allow us to lock certain territories so we don't waste territory points.
    4. Please pin the guild chat message to the guild screen so people will always see it when opening a raid or territory battles
  • How about the ability to remove gear from toons you haven't geared to the next level and transfer to others.

I have some useless toons I've geared about halfway to the next level and I'd love to have that gear back.
    How about the ability to remove gear from toons you haven't geared to the next level and transfer to others.

Fully agree. I dream to downgrade useless toons....
  • Mod management - period. That's all.
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • I would like to see raid rewards overhauled to reflect the TB system. So tired of getting the same worthless gear over and over again. Would much rather get tokens to buy the gear pieces I actually need.
  • not pointing fingers at anyone but this is quality of life not just make the game easier
  • IdraRage wrote: »
    I think that whenever someone starts a thread on QOL they should state what exactly "Quality of Life" means.

To me it means two things:
    -Decrease the amount of time required to play the game (for a player to obtain most or all of the free rewards available each day)
    -Reduce the requirements to log in at specific times (for squad arena, regular arena, free energy, flash events, kept TB at 24 hr phases, etc.)

Judging by the original post, I think this is what intended, but this thread is going off in different directions.

To me, QOL does not relate to gear crunch relief or other requests for more rewards (more credits, hard node characters on 2 nodes, etc.). This is a bit related to QOL as increasing rewards will make it less significant if you miss some, but it is mostly a different issue. It is another important issue, but I think it should be treated as a separate topic.

And QOL definitely does not relate to requests for new content (Jango Fett, a ship raid, clone helmets, etc.) or bug fixes (obviously they should want to fix bugs and improve game performance). If you include these things then the term has no meaning and the thread is just about any suggestions you have for the game.

This is well said.

The game has grown in size and time commitment (not complaining, enjoying the new content) and the real menial parts of the game need to be sped up.

When I hear QOL updates, I’m hoping for things that help me manage the time I’m available to play the game. Changing mods is a giant chore, bronziums are egregious. My phone needs to charge, developers.

Glad someone else sees this. We're fighting a losing battle. Whales will continue to spend thousands like the addicted sheep they are and change will never happen.

Agreed! I've no issue with making money. But man that alone is why the game is so unbalanced. Gw is way artificially inflated. I'm a good 50/50 of P2P and F2P. The whales have all of the best toons with all the best gear; however, their rosters aren't much deserving of respect. Where's the whale grind? Sure, we all grind!!! But tell me a F2P BEAST isn't more impressive than a whale beast...you can't. It's more impressive because F2P simply grinds harder, they deserve their rosters more.