The same node 12 every day... -- [DEV RESPONSE]

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    According to that logic my rag tag team of Zoda, QGZ, Zidious, Zader and Zylo are on even playing level with the above team? The synergies and special abilities on that Thrawn team just crush my "top" players.
    No, the logic is that if you have those five characters that highly-developed you must also have a lot of other characters at similar levels. The design goal of Galactic War isn't to reward people who just max out five characters and use them for Arena and GW, it's to reward people who invest in their whole roster.
    Here's an idea to make it more fair. Take total arena power of ALL toons on a person's roster. Base the nodes off a percentage of that and pair on that regards. You must be out of your minds if you think my top team can hang with iN's top team.
    This is an awful idea that runs completely opposite the developer intention, and doesn't even work the way you say it would. It would punish people for developing anyone except for their top 5. If it was an average, then you could take your five most powerful and dilute their power with a whole bunch of 1*, level 1, ungeared characters. If it was simply additive, you would punish anyone who unlocked any character.

The way things are now? That's what you're describing. By only counting your five highest, you can invest in every other character you own without making your Galactic War harder--in fact, doing so makes your wars decidedly easier because it gives you more teams to use and more answers to the teams you face.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yeah, 12 is a challenge alright. Wedge led Biggs, Chimut, Baze, and Fulcrum. 13k power each. Loads of fun when your 79 facing an 85 team like this. Pretty sure they still get the AI 15-20% boost as well.

• Node 12 is ridiculous. Everyday for at least the last month has me pitted against teams with an average of 30k more power. It has not gotten better with CLS despite my own CLS. My CLS is not completely maxed. I don't even know how someone gets so many mods with speed on it. Something is rotten in Degobah.
  • Crowtalker
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I came looking for information about impossible node 12 and there was a dev reply. I thought great they will explain why node 12 is impossible.

Instead I find a comment about memes- kitten.

As afar as most of the other replies, why are they in this thread..seems they are not having the issue, and want to discuss unrelated details of their own successes.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The very first dev reply already answered your question:
    Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

The better your roster gets, the harder the nodes get so as to give you a challenge.
  • Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

If this is the case, why do I continually see the same TOP 5 Arena teams in my Galactic War stage 12, as well as a TOP 10 Arena team at 11, and a TOP 20 Arena team at stage 9 and sometimes at stage 6? I am NOT in the TOP 50 of my Arena list, and I am not able to even kill one member on a team with (ALL members have full zeta and gear) Cmdr Walker 22458 Pwr, R2 22081 Pwr, Nihilus 21685 Pwr, Thrawn 22015 Pwr, Gen Kenobi 17269 Pwr.. tell me how that come even close to anything I have?

Your algorithm that is being used is broken, and this has been the norm for a couple months now, so I am sure I am NOT the only person seeing this. You guys broke it, please fix it. It gets very frustrating to do GW when you can lose a whole stable of toons trying to beat stage 6, when you run into a ZETA Rogue One team.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    The exact percentages don't matter a whole lot, simply because power ratings don't really tell the whole story. The main thing to remember is that nodes 6 and 9 are tough, 11 is very tough, and 12 should be a challenge.
    giphy.gif

ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! Also, thanks for adjusting squad power to reflect zeta'd abilities!

Abilities are not yet taken in to account in GW. We account for them in the new power formula, but we haven't rolled that out to Galcatic War at this time.

In my current GWs, 6 is tough, 9 is VERY tough, 11 is more than a challenge, and 12 is nearly (if not) impossible.
  • Crowtalker wrote: »
    I came looking for information about impossible node 12 and there was a dev reply. I thought great they will explain why node 12 is impossible.

Instead I find a comment about memes- ****.

As afar as most of the other replies, why are they in this thread..seems they are not having the issue, and want to discuss unrelated details of their own successes.

You and I are in the same boat, in regards to stage 12 (and most stage 11, and sometimes 9, and at times 6). I have lost my Arena team to stage 6, so if that is the stage that is supposed to not be a challenge the math is wrong there. Granted stage 6 is not ALWAYS that tough, but I would say 40% of the time stage 6 eats my best teams.
  • Bretii
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Lubuzero wrote: »
    Node 12 is ridiculous. Everyday for at least the last month has me pitted against teams with an average of 30k more power. It has not gotten better with CLS despite my own CLS. My CLS is not completely maxed. I don't even know how someone gets so many mods with speed on it. Something is rotten in Degobah.

The funny thing is, how do people get 5 toons with over 200 speed and 50k plus protection and health on each toon? I have seen stage 12 teams with average of 220 speed and most toons with 30-40k health and 40-50k protection. The one toon in general I see with those states is the Shore Trooper. So, basically when he has that kind of stats and he is always taunting, he is unbeatable, top off that they throw in a Gen Kenobi as backup, and Thrawn and Nihilus to beat you up.. well not very winnable or challenging at all. On that team, I looked and there was someone on my Arena list that had almost the exact same team, he was only in second place on the list.. so I guess I could have been fighting the top guy if the app wasn't messed up (sarcasm)

• I put this in another thread - but thought I would post it here as well for feedback from other players (or devs if they are inclined).

I've posted a few complaints about the node 12 difficulty - and then I did more extensive reading into the other threads on this topic. I believe I have come to an explainable situation that you may find yourself in. Here it goes.
    I'm going to use my GM Yoda character for the baseline of what I am missing to maintain the previous success I enjoyed at the GW table. I used swgoh.gg and the problem became pretty apparent.
    One poster in another thread made a comment to the effect of (para-phrased) "it's not a mechanical problem that you choose to farm all these different characters instead of focusing on one team at a time." I am guilty. 100% guilty, my completist mentality forces me to try and unlock all characters. I did not focus on ships as much as I should've, and that cost me the ability to farm zetas, the focal point of my problem.
    Using my GM Yoda as an example, here is a G11 toon with Mk5 mods in all slots, but swgoh.gg informs me he is only at 76% of max power. No zetas.
    Dev posts from other threads indicate that GW tables do not account for Zeta abilities as of yet when calculating power, teams and nodes.
    Pretty sure the whole node problem can be traced back to my lack of Zeta abilities, as that is 6k power difference (Yoda should be around 22k power maxed and mine is at 16k).
    As such, if I put my Yoda, Vader, Palpatine, CLS and R2 in a group (no zetas on any of them) and they pulled a mirror team into node 12, all of those toons would likely contain zetas and generate the difference I am seeing in power ratings.
    All the strats discussed in these posts are likely valid. Using resistance could be the best team for GW. I never needed my resistance team for anything besides the mods challenge. I am going to work to get zeta abilities asap and I would wager my success in GW will return after I get a couple.
    In the meantime - if the devs do roll out zeta considerations to GW Tables, it should bring the 20-25% gap in power back inline with folks that don't have zetas. On the other hand, they may not and force us to farm zetas to get back in the easy farm mode that other players are still enjoying.
    Hope that helps someone from rage quitting or breaking their devices! :)
  • Bretii wrote: »
    Node 12 is ridiculous. Everyday for at least the last month has me pitted against teams with an average of 30k more power. It has not gotten better with CLS despite my own CLS. My CLS is not completely maxed. I don't even know how someone gets so many mods with speed on it. Something is rotten in Degobah.

The funny thing is, how do people get 5 toons with over 200 speed and 50k plus protection and health on each toon? I have seen stage 12 teams with average of 220 speed and most toons with 30-40k health and 40-50k protection. The one toon in general I see with those states is the Shore Trooper. So, basically when he has that kind of stats and he is always taunting, he is unbeatable, top off that they throw in a Gen Kenobi as backup, and Thrawn and Nihilus to beat you up.. well not very winnable or challenging at all. On that team, I looked and there was someone on my Arena list that had almost the exact same team, he was only in second place on the list.. so I guess I could have been fighting the top guy if the app wasn't messed up (sarcasm)
    As is certainly explained somewhere in this thread (and often in most of the other thread of the section), GW is a test of one's roster - not a test of one's top squad. It is only normal that you don't beat a node 12 team with the team you used on the other 11 nodes, or even with only one team. Node 12 teams are 115% of the aggregate power of your five top toons (who may not have any synergy between them, while adequately powered teams presented by GW were created by experienced players, so have good synergy).
    What should you do if you have strong tanks protecting glass cannons ? In GW, you have the choice :
    - you use a killer team to take out the tank, and send other teams thereafter for the rest
    - you start with a debuff team to Dispel the Taunt, put Buff Immunity on the tank while you take out one of the cannons ; then send the next team
    You may even start out with a "softening team" to do a barrage to reduce everyone's Protection ; use sacrificial teams to put the enemy's specials on cooldowns.
    As long as you remember to build TM on several teams, you can have a large field of possibilities to tackle seemingly unbeatable teams.
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    As is certainly explained somewhere in this thread (and often in most of the other thread of the section), GW is a test of one's roster - not a test of one's top squad. It is only normal that you don't beat a node 12 team with the team you used on the other 11 nodes, or even with only one team. Node 12 teams are 115% of the aggregate power of your five top toons (who may not have any synergy between them, while adequately powered teams presented by GW were created by experienced players, so have good synergy).
    What should you do if you have strong tanks protecting glass cannons ? In GW, you have the choice :
    - you use a killer team to take out the tank, and send other teams thereafter for the rest
    - you start with a debuff team to Dispel the Taunt, put Buff Immunity on the tank while you take out one of the cannons ; then send the next team
    You may even start out with a "softening team" to do a barrage to reduce everyone's Protection ; use sacrificial teams to put the enemy's specials on cooldowns.
    As long as you remember to build TM on several teams, you can have a large field of possibilities to tackle seemingly unbeatable teams.

@Ambassador I would give this statement a 'mostly true'. However, with the current zeta imbalance and lack of accounting for speed, it's possible to run into scenarios where us developing players rosters' are just no match when we come up against certain compositions.

There seem to be roster thresholds that get crossed in the game where GW suddenly gets very difficult. I just applied my first zeta - lookout. Now I have to deal with the fact that node 12 is basically impossible until I get around to gearing up two or three other teams. And they better be diverse teams that can handle the different 'zeta' skills or else I'll run into a matchup that I won't be able to overcome (sort of like way back when I ran into Sith Trooper under DN and didn't have anyone that could dispel yet because...level 50 or whatever it was).

There are just some challenges that make specific GWs very hard to complete depending on where you are in the lifecycle of the game. I don't know if it's fair or not (it's certainly frustrating). I remember being challenged by Dooku under DN because he could single handedly ruin the wrong team and being told - "just use daze", pre-Phoenix and pre-K2 being in the GW store...ok then.

I only know one thing - I used to really look forward to GW but now I dread it, and that's not fun.
  • I hate playing GW. I am glad I stopped giving these guys money.
    Bretii wrote: »

So what happens when you have to do this tactic on GW9, GW10, GW11 and GW12?

I am up against a full zeta Sith squad on GW10 today. I can beat it with multi-squad approach. However, I will have no multi-squad left for 11 or 12. This happens every day. GW10 is already 10% higher than my top 5 toons. I have 1 zeta across all my toons, so about 77k power on top 5. GW10 is at 85k power.

How is that not broken?

• Vaargson wrote: »
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Bretii wrote: »

So what happens when you have to do this tactic on GW9, GW10, GW11 and GW12?

I am up against a full zeta Sith squad on GW10 today. I can beat it with multi-squad approach. However, I will have no multi-squad left for 11 or 12. This happens every day. GW10 is already 10% higher than my top 5 toons. I have 1 zeta across all my toons, so about 77k power on top 5. GW10 is at 85k power.

How is that not broken?

Sorry, the Sith squad was GW9, not GW10. I had a 85 hard to beat team on GW8 and assumed that was GW9 as a result. So I got 9 done and scraped through 10. No chance with 11 so haven't even bothered.
  • it happened again
  • GW makes me feel like I am suppose to bust out my wallet if I want to have any hope to defeat it.

@Ambassador I would give this statement a 'mostly true'. However, with the current zeta imbalance and lack of accounting for speed, it's possible to run into scenarios where us developing players rosters' are just no match when we come up against certain compositions.

There seem to be roster thresholds that get crossed in the game where GW suddenly gets very difficult. I just applied my first zeta - lookout. Now I have to deal with the fact that node 12 is basically impossible until I get around to gearing up two or three other teams. And they better be diverse teams that can handle the different 'zeta' skills or else I'll run into a matchup that I won't be able to overcome (sort of like way back when I ran into Sith Trooper under DN and didn't have anyone that could dispel yet because...level 50 or whatever it was).

There are just some challenges that make specific GWs very hard to complete depending on where you are in the lifecycle of the game. I don't know if it's fair or not (it's certainly frustrating). I remember being challenged by Dooku under DN because he could single handedly ruin the wrong team and being told - "just use daze", pre-Phoenix and pre-K2 being in the GW store...ok then.

I only know one thing - I used to really look forward to GW but now I dread it, and that's not fun.

Exactly this. Until recently I had a broken node 12 and was beating GW pretty much every day (with a few exceptions that were mostly my own fault). Then CLS gets introduced and node 12 is hard again. To start with it's ok, but now I'm facing CLS teams on node 11 and 12 most days. I didn't get CLS because I didn't have Old Ben, so now I'm down to beating GW maybe 50% of the time if I'm lucky. Worse now with g12 teams...

It's super frustrating and no fun retreating at least 10 times trying to find that right combo only to have your whole team wiped out before they can do any decent damage.
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Can't you just put GW in the bin and start again?

Seems to me that some people still have broken node 12, whilst others face impossible opponents. I rarely even contemplate taking on node 12 these days, unless I'm matched with a non Thrawn/GK/DN team.

GW has become a blight on what was once a valuable and fun part of the game. If you're wanting us to take on whale players with enhanced stats and courtesy of your algorithms with generally the same old boring squads, then at the very least the reward for completing GW should be comparable to said challenge.

All GW is to me at this moment in time, is a frustrating, broken and unfun game mode. IMO you should either fix it or ditch it.

It's been a problem for months and it gets worse with every update.
  • Ryanthos
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    GW makes me want to quit the game sometimes. I can run a g8 7star Phoenix squad through nodes 1-5, forced to use my best team on 6 leaving them with little or no protection for 10, 11 or 12. I continue to use my Phoenix on 7 and sometimes 8. Then 9 kills most of my semi decent teams. The closest I've come to beating a GW since the change was I got node 12 down to CSL and no toons to beat him with. There is definitely something wrong with this. I see here many of you say this is meant to challenge your roster. How is this a challenge if GW has been unbeatable since the change? That sounds more like a slaughter to me than a challenge
    Post edited by Ryanthos on
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    370 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    It isn't so much the strength of the teams in gw I have a problem with, it's facing the same team, or similar lineups at node 6,9 ,11 and 12. Forcing you to use your best teams earlier. Again not a problem, but when those same teams destroy anything but a small pool of chars it gets old fast.

Ironically now more people are getting g12 gw is getting easier again as the pool of teams is increased.
  • I've been having the same issue. I am a rank 50ish shard, 5zetas, and one G12 character. GW is so broken, it is unfair to face teams in node 11 and 12 that have 5x G12 characters and with a total of 4-7 zetas. While I do get it that this mode should be somewhat difficultl; however, it should not be near impossible to finish. It has become such a burden and a headache to do lately that I am literally considering to skip it unless I need guild activities. I hope that the devs balance it one of this days because it is getting out of hand. All my guild mates are having the same issue. It feels like the last nodes are nowhere near our level, since I am only in the Rank 50 shard, it feels like I am battling teams that are in the top 5 or so.
  • My only complaint about GW is time, on top of everything else.

My advice, which you might not like, is to hunt down a full resistance team and zeta Finn. That team will rip through GW, right through node 12. Speed mods of the enemy be _ _ _ _.

You can use it to get higher ranks in Arena then you could otherwise (but you can't leave it on defense, it won't last)

You can guarantee doing 6/6 in at least one battle through TB. A solid go to for P2 or P3 HAAT. You would do yourself a huge favor. At 5 toons and 1 zeta, it's a steal in this game.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

This statement is inaccuatate. None of my characters are above GS 8, highest power is 11k yet today's node 12 is Zeta R2, Wedge 15k, Biggs 17k, Chirrut 18k, and Baze 18k. All their mods are maxed out 5* premium mods with Speed Primary stat. Really balanced team there and quite a challenge since they wiped my 60 man roster with ease.

This statement is inaccuatate. None of my characters are above GS 8, highest power is 11k yet today's node 12 is Zeta R2, Wedge 15k, Biggs 17k, Chirrut 18k, and Baze 18k. All their mods are maxed out 5* premium mods with Speed Primary stat. Really balanced team there and quite a challenge since they wiped my 60 man roster with ease.

GW is scaled to your Stat Power. Not the Galactic Power which you are referring to.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

GW is scaled to your Stat Power. Not the Galactic Power which you are referring to.

He still has a valid point.
    There's no reason he's playing this team given his roster. They need to fix GW to match GP now as the matchups are terribly unbalanced
  • 1 G11 Empire team at 200 speed, and 3 g10 teams in the 190 speed and I can't take down one toon at Nod 12.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

There's no reason he's playing this team given his roster. They need to fix GW to match GP now as the matchups are terribly unbalanced

The matchups would be terribly unbalanced with GP as well, or probably worse, because GP is an even worse metric for actual strength than the old power metric.

Neither one accounts for speed, so it wouldn't help this poster's complaint anyhow.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

The matchups would be terribly unbalanced with GP as well, or probably worse, because GP is an even worse metric for actual strength than the old power metric.

Neither one accounts for speed, so it wouldn't help this poster's complaint anyhow.

Then they should tune that to account for Zeta's, G12 and speed.