Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Got tier 6 done, has anyone beat tier 7 at lvl 65 or lower!? Or is lvl 70 basically a requirement?
  • [SNIP]
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines - spam]
  • How do I upload pictures ? im having some bugs in the game i want to show
  • They are losing players all over the board because even as a p2p the yoda event is disappointing. I won't spend another dime here anymore but it surely won't hurt their pockets lol. The game was good and fun when it required strategy but the event isn't about fun or strategy. It's solely based on luck, money and frustration. 500 attempts for a p2p player is off the charts I'm happy with my 6* yoda and quickly placing my credit card back in my wallet.
  • Jfavor wrote: »
    They are losing players all over the board because even as a p2p the yoda event is disappointing. I won't spend another dime here anymore but it surely won't hurt their pockets lol. The game was good and fun when it required strategy but the event isn't about fun or strategy. It's solely based on luck, money and frustration. 500 attempts for a p2p player is off the charts I'm happy with my 6* yoda and quickly placing my credit card back in my wallet.
    Good for you. Yoda shouldn't be purchasable.

It sounds like EA have a nice balance with this. The challenge is hard enough that not everyone can get 7* Yoda.

If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • I agree that he should be earned but the way they have him with power and turn meters it should be equalized out more. Yoda wrecking ball after one kill but yet can be two shotted In regular game play. Spending resources on toons that most will never use again is a must and takes the fun and skill aspect out of the game, for me at least
  • I understand that as a free app they have to make their money somehow but looking at the teams that have 7* yoda did those 1 of 2 ways. Either they used the anakin bug before it was patched or they have a ridiculous whale team ie chromium only that have been 7* like fitso. Yoda should be a rare assist to your team but to those 3% that will have him 7* before this event ends will be unbeatable in arena. I'm guessing next events will mirror this yoda event meaning you need X number jedi at X number stars to progress so next will be sith then droid and probably back to jedi again. This is the first event of its kind so it will probably be tweaked abit but I'm guessing not much since the devs will need to make their money somehow. I'm already running into 7* yoda teams now in the last couple battles of GW and now am having issues even completing GWs. I'll continue to burn stamina and do dailies but spending anymore real money I'm just not sure about. I've only purchased the special packs they have come out with ie chewie at the start, kylo, and for some reason the recently overpriced jedi pack. I have never purchased crystals. I guess it's my fault for not leveling up my teams properly and that's on me but releasing event notes 24 hours prior and not really giving the vast majority or the players a heads up isn't really sitting well. If they let us know 1 or 2 weeks prior then maybe more of us could've prepared and they would've made more money because most of us would've purchased crystal packs to finish off those jedi before the event ended. Poorly planned, poor notice, and poor judgement on the devs from EA. This game is because because of your player base of people that love start wars. Now you have converted it from f2p/p2p (which is a choice) to p2w. I hope you learn from this harsh lesson and come up with something to keep the masses happy and playing and possibly paying but you won't get much more from me on that front.

Happy hunting and may the force be with you
  • Altonio
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Guys it's possible, easiest way for me was to have 3 healers and the heals maxed lvl, you can do this guys, I only just got him today
  • They have it rigged to lose!
    Fher wrote: »
    I must be on the range of attempts 600-800 on stage 7, I just keep doing it because people talk about the randomness and luck and somehow I believe I will get any of it. I think the people that can get him to red Health are really lucky. The most I have been able to damage Yoda is right below half health at around 45%.

Got Lumi Lead, QGJ, JC, Mace, and Fisto. I'm 72/100 shards on Barriss and going to keep pushing in hopes I can get her to 7* just in time before event ends, but even that doesn't guarantee me a win.

Extremely frustrating.

• Ironhawk
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    First battle v. Yoda this morning. He was in leader position at Level 65, GL 8...easy victory. He seems weak v. stun. Not in such a rush to get 5th Jedi now.
    Post edited by Ironhawk on
  • Finally i have made it... After 6 days of straight trying Lv 67 squad

67 Lumi (L) gear 8, abilities maxed.
    67 Qgj gear 8, abilities maxed.
    67 Ashoka gear 7, abilities lv 3-4 =|
    67 JC gear 8, abilities maxed.
    67 Fisto gear 7, abilities lv 3-4 =|

Had qgj with barris on yoda side.. and some really lucky evades, and thats got it for me.

This challange is a luckfest, shouldnt be like this.
  • I haven't posted here before, but read often. I thought it might help to share my positive experience with Yoda.

I found it to be quite easy to beat this event. It took me 4 actual attempts to beat it, and on the first 2 tries i had Yoda down to less than 10% health, so its not as though i was just lucky when i finally did beat it. In fact i made errors on those first two attempts, and likely could have beaten it sooner had i played a bit better. All of the Jedi i used were F2P obtainable. I am P2P, so obviously i have them much sooner than many F2P can get, but in the long run any F2P can have this team.

I think a lot of people are getting frustrated, because they get their 5 quickest jedi up to 7* and think that is all is needed, but you still need to have a team with some synergy, their gear upgraded, and certain abilities jacked up (although less important than gear). Just getting the 5 easiest to obtain Jedi that you are closest too is not necessarily the best idea, as you may not beat Yoda anyways.

All of my Jedi team are gear 8, + at least 4/6 towards gear 9.

Barriss (lead) - Abilities - 7/4/7/5
    Luminara - Abilities - 6/5/6/4
    QGJ - Abilities - 7/6/6/6
    JC - Abilities - 5/6/3
    Ahsoka - Abilities 5/3/3/3

Per others suggestions, i retreated until i had Barriss as Yoda's ally. I beat it with Anakin as the other ally, but the times i came close were with Mace, and JKG, so there are options. Focus down the first ally (not Barriss), until dead, then focus on Barriss until she equalizes, then kill Yoda. The only other thing i really focused on was making sure to keep everyone topped up, and trying to cycle through the 3 main heals. Ahsoka's heal is just a bonus (but did save me a few times).

Barriss as the leader was important as well (with lvl 7 leader ability). Her bonus to max health ensures that all 4 of my healers are pumping out larger heals, and have enough extra health buffer to eat some of those 10k+ crits from Yoda. Even the small tick of health directly lead to a few party members staying alive at certain points of the battle where a healer didn't get to go before someone was attacked multiple times.

I know many people here think it is impossible, but instead of just beating your head against the wall, take a good hard look at your team, and where you may need to make some improvements. You might not get Yoda this time around, but if you start working on the right team now, you might get him next time. I am sure there are many other combos that will get it done, but I hope this helps some people out there, and at least give you a template to work towards if you wish to get Yoda to 7*.
  • It is a slog but doable. I was so close to giving up a few times. Did it with Lumi, JC, mace, QGJ and Ahsoka. All 70, gear 8 and 5+ abilities. Mace's expose clinched it.
    Top tip- use Lumis heal as early as you dare. The heal over time is very very useful.
  • its so unfair they patched the anakin bug after most people already exploited it, they should of left it for the duration of the challenge then patched it next time. If they didnt patch that i'd have 7* yoda by now for sure
  • They should hire some game developers that are really good with algorithms related to battling.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Tuscan21 wrote: »
    It is a slog but doable. I was so close to giving up a few times. Did it with Lumi, JC, mace, QGJ and Ahsoka. All 70, gear 8 and 5+ abilities. Mace's expose clinched it.
    Top tip- use Lumis heal as early as you dare. The heal over time is very very useful.

I haven't attempted the 7 star event but I did do the 6* and although not nearly as hard as the 7* event according to the posts here, it isn't necessarily a cake walk either. It took me 4 attempts with Lumi 7* and QGJ, JC, Mace and JKG all at 6*. Mace and JKG only have level 3 and 4 abilities. The first three attempts were slaughters but on the 4th attempt I focused Yoda first with only basic attacks and very few specials (resists give him turn meter and make him go nuts). Mace got an expose on Yoda early in the fight and that was the difference. It's funny that Mace is actually usable for that reason now.

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I have elite 5 star Yoda he's Ok they should have changed the rules and allowed you to try earning him if you have at least one 7 star Jedi instead of a full team of them if you win you win if your team is weak you lose people are scrambling like crazy to try and acquire elite 5 6 7 Jedi as Sith are far easier to farm...

Its terrible I've spent 1000 dollars to to get Jedi to elite 5 even and all that monies gone now and what do I have to show for it too many characters with no possible way to elite then without buying more data cards it's a terrible system that drains you dry of your money I wish I could refund all I spend in the last week and delete the game but that's life now I should have read the forums first..that is my personal opinion...
  • yoda is really bad..whenever i see a yoda in enemy team i fight him first
  • No kidding I wasted money I really couldn't afford now I'm ruined...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yoda is bad on defense. He is godly on offense if you know what you're doing with him. It is a good trade off. He gets stronger when you level his abilities and gear. I feel like he has a bit of a learning curve and strategy to maximize him on your team than most others (maybe other than Vader).
  • What the heck beats him on level 5? I'm not too adept at this game and for the risk of sounding ignorant I'll just say the amount of money spent thus far is ridiculous, frustrating and stupid.
  • Unforgiven wrote: »
    What the heck beats him on level 5? I'm not too adept at this game and for the risk of sounding ignorant I'll just say the amount of money spent thus far is ridiculous, frustrating and stupid.

if you need to spend money dont spend it on anything other than energy refreshes, those get you the most, dont waste money on chromium's they are worthless
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I got him at 7*, but it was a pain in the a$$. I used Barris lead with lvl 6 leader ability, Aayla with lvl 6 counter ability, qui-gon (don't use harmonious blow if it is at lvl 6 or 7), jedi consular with lvl 6 heal, and Mace Windu with lvl 5 basic attack and lvl 6 shatterpoint abilities. If you don't have Mace and/or Aayla you can try Kit Fisto. Lastly, I targeted Yoda first then the other two. His team was ima gun-di and Plo Koon.

Good luck all
  • I got him at 7*, but it was a pain in the a$$. I used Barris lead with lvl 6 leader ability, Aayla with lvl 6 counter ability, qui-gon (don't use harmonious blow if it is at lvl 6 or 7), jedi consular with lvl 6 heal, and Mace Windu with lvl 5 basic attack and lvl 6 shatterpoint abilities. If you don't have Mace and/or Aayla you can try Kit Fisto. Lastly, I targeted Yoda first then the other two. His team was ima gun-di and Plo Koon.

Good luck all

I'm curious, why not use harmonious blow if it is level 6 or 7? I was under the impression that you should avoid special damage since resists send him on a rampage.
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I got him at 7*, but it was a pain in the a$$. I used Barris lead with lvl 6 leader ability, Aayla with lvl 6 counter ability, qui-gon (don't use harmonious blow if it is at lvl 6 or 7), jedi consular with lvl 6 heal, and Mace Windu with lvl 5 basic attack and lvl 6 shatterpoint abilities. If you don't have Mace and/or Aayla you can try Kit Fisto. Lastly, I targeted Yoda first then the other two. His team was ima gun-di and Plo Koon.

Good luck all

I'm curious, why not use harmonious blow if it is level 6 or 7? I was under the impression that you should avoid special damage since resists send him on a rampage.

Don't use Harmonious Blow if lvl 6 or 7 bc Yoda will steal the offense up you can get from it and destroy you with like 15k hits. Plus, there is a bug in challenge that gives Yoda offense up of he steals ANY positive status effect. That is why I didn't use old Ben or luminara (evasion up turned into offense + evasion + crit damage up for Yoda and his team).
  • Hi guys I'm back... I will have yoda in around 2 months I was not prepared... QGJ and EC 4* tomoz along w Luminara, (I was unlucky on my GW)
  • Thanks everyone, I'm way off the mark. I've posted my top Jedi and I can tell you that Barris is closest with ab levels at 5, the rest are levels 4 and nothing under 3 so I'm getting decimated for now.
  • Unforgiven wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I'm way off the mark. I've posted my top Jedi and I can tell you that Barris is closest with ab levels at 5, the rest are levels 4 and nothing under 3 so I'm getting decimated for now.

Sorry I forgot the link
  • Why is it when Luminara gets +10% dodge, Yoda steals it and gets dodge, Offense Up, and Critical Chance up?
  • Monkeyman wrote: »
    Good for you. Yoda shouldn't be purchasable.

It sounds like EA have a nice balance with this. The challenge is hard enough that not everyone can get 7* Yoda.

Calling this a challenge is like calling winning the lottery a challenge. It takes no skill and all luck.
    If you have to rely on bad AI choices and bad RNG to win, that's not any sort of skill.

This isn't balance. And the "righteous" responses against people willing to spend money due to envy are getting ridiculous and petty.

Some people have more money to spend than other people. Some people need to get over it. And we all need to get along.
This discussion has been closed.