I invested heavily into Sith now nowhere to go

Prev1
I'm farming chaze but have a strong feeling they will get nerfed or some counter will come out for cash shop. I just finished farming nihilus and rex who are worthless now. I need an arena team that can consistently finish top 100 so about 90k power. Seems like raid han r2 and CLS are must have for now but for how long?

Replies

• Cls is pretty **** good I imagine he will be in top teams for a while, im on a nov 15 shard and rex is still around as well. If you can shift resources to be ready for cls the next time I would do it. I am very happy i invested in luke, i even spent a little bit of money and I have been able to stay top 100 really easily after not being able to do that for nearly a year. My next zeta is going to raid han as well.
  • As f2p, I find chasing to be a fruitless endeavor just as you described. I try instead to focus on other aspects of the game that I can also use in arena. This way I can get the best return on the f2p resources I have. Chaze and Rex can be used in raids and TB so there's value there when they become obsolete in arena.
  • Chaze won't get nerfed. Not after all this time.

Rather than try and chase the current meta, maybe work on Resistance and First Order. Sith are dead and are likely to remain that way unless Palp and / or Vader get reworked.
  • I would say I did the same and I have to take the train to catch the meta now. Except I preferred the Empire and while they're good in Arena, they cannot participate to a major feature of this game.
  • Luniz wrote: »
    I'm farming chaze but have a strong feeling they will get nerfed or some counter will come out for cash shop. I just finished farming nihilus and rex who are worthless now. I need an arena team that can consistently finish top 100 so about 90k power. Seems like raid han r2 and CLS are must have for now but for how long?

Nihilus is definitely not worthless now. CLS lead makes his force drain more of a gamble than it was before, but he's pretty beefy and if you can reduce 3-5 important cooldowns it's worth taking the counter damage. Nihilus is a huge part of my success in arena, as a well timed annihilate can turn a really bad situation into a possible win. I also don't think that Rex is useless, just not as good as before, but that's a whole different discussion.
  • The fact you think Rex and Nih are worthless means to me, I can't even help you. Gimme a break.

Unfortunately, that is the price to pay when you specialize into something. But that aside, Nihlius and Rex are still viable in arena.

I feel like CLS will stay for a while and R2 is a good companion with CLS and the rest of the rebels. I personally don't feel that Raid Han is that great of a toon. As long as the opposing team doesn't have a taunt, you can easily stun him and finish him off since he doesn't have much health.
  • Nihilus isn't worthless, pair him with Thrawn (so you need Phoenix to unlock him) and Rex lead is still really good.
  • I get #1 in a dec 15 shard with nihilus, he's great against zarriss
    Rex maybe not worthless but it wouldn't make sense to start gearing now, I need to start gearing toons now that will still be arena viable in a couple months, it takes about a month to gear up a toon. I like nihilus but he will be killed if I drain and he mostly gets resisted even with over 100% potency

Then you need to gear him up. And get yourself a tank so Nihilus will be protected. If you can't get Kenobi, then Baze is your friend.
  • It's hard to predict who will be the best in future metas. A smart bet is to work on your Resistance and FO teams now. Most would bet that the next gamebreaker will be FO or Res. Plus, Resistance do well in arena right now.
  • Zarris is an interesting option
  • Chaze is already easily countered and gone from most mature shards.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Torzek wrote: »
    It's hard to predict who will be the best in future metas. A smart bet is to work on your Resistance and FO teams now. Most would bet that the next gamebreaker will be FO or Res. Plus, Resistance do well in arena right now.

Resistance is garbage for arena. They are good for GW and TB though.

I finish top 100/50 with a 68k power team
    Also, I don't think they are going to nerf Chaze
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]

Rex and DN are absolutely not worthless. A ton of people still use them in mature shards.
  • Hskull55 wrote: »
    Luniz wrote: »

Wow... You'd be out of top 200 in mine. I slipped a bit and I'm 185 by now and the game already shows me G12 toons to fight...
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    Hskull55 wrote: »

Wow... You'd be out of top 200 in mine. I slipped a bit and I'm 185 by now and the game already shows me G12 toons to fight...

My team is good, GK Zarriss = CLS counter ^_^
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Just gear strong, versatile toons. GK, Trawn, DN, R2, CLS will also be good in the next meta, combined with the next overpowered toon and a special toon like Solo or Zarriss.
  • Lol not just sith that's horrible it's darkside as a whole that really doesn't have much of anything going for them.

The only darkside toons viable in meta are DN and thrawn lmao
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I think Chirrut and Baze are already kind of nerfed by the gear additions. Wedge, Biggs and Chirrut all have the worst health now and even Coruscant Underworld Police got better gear than they did
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    bb8 will be released soon, after that it's back to powerfull DS toon, sepa's or bounty hunters. <-pure speculation
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • What Sith do you have? A Nihilus lead can still be pretty good with the right Sith, because most meta teams don't have healing block. I've seen a Nihilus/Sith Assassin/Savage/Dooku/Sith Trooper team kick some pretty serious rebel ****.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don't have assassin and trooper, I'm f2p

They are both farmable, so what does being f2p have to do with anything?
  • Post your roster please.
  • Maul led sith got a decent buff with G12, I think too many people are sleeping on them. Sith Trooper got much harder to kill, Savage Oppress got a large bump to his damage, Maul got a big boost to his health and Sith Assassin got a big buff to her damage and health. On the average, the above mentioned Sith did better than most in the move to G12. Just putting that out there.

Also, as long as he can one shot any opponent he wants on demand, Darth Nihilus will never be useless.