Darth Vader Rework.

I really feel as if Darth Vader should get a rework. I think his leadership would be a brilliant Unique and could make him indisposable in an Empire line up. Give him a new leadership because DV should have at least 5 abilities

Replies

• +1
    I would not mind another version of Vader either.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Considering CLS I think we can go wild with our Vader reworks. In order to be trully faithful to the movies, I propose a new unique for Lord Vader:
    "Off my your piew-piews": Lord Vader is imune to blasters. If the shooter is rebel, the laser is reflected right into his face.

Totally in line with episodes 4 to 6 and Rogue One and the power creep that plagues the game. Make it happen EA!
  • Darkside is a joke compared to light. The difference between them is way way too great
  • Never be afraid to make a toon sound to OP now. The game can handle it definitely.

Don't think he needs a rework, I think we need a new Vader.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    SharkMilkk wrote: »
    Never be afraid to make a toon sound to OP now. The game can handle it definitely.

Don't think he needs a rework, I think we need a new Vader.

yes and no. I don't like all the duplicate characters, but on the other hand a new vader will probably be way more awesome than a rework. I'm torn.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • I suggest a Rework, Not a new Vader. I dont want restart a new Gear Farming...

But If it come name it Lord Vader. (Just Empire Tag)
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Can we have pre suit vader ? But post yellow eyes youngling slayer anakin ? You know, the limbless one, that screams I hate you occasionally at GK, since he's in every line up, and this way obi wan retreats in exile on tatooine and anakin leaves encounter.
  • hnspty
    16 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    No new Vader! Rework him. There is no need for yet another toon to farm to gear 12! Duh.
  • Only if Kenobi says, "I am going to train your son to kill you." before he retreats to Tat.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Only if Kenobi says, "I am going to train your son to kill you." before he retreats to Tat.

D-bag kenobi.
    *Sunglasses on his eyes*
    *Deal with it*
  • I vote rework. Unique abilities added. One should be "You are not a Jedi yet". That adds counter to all allies and debuffs all enemies. Add force choke that instakills whoever he does it to. Plus a whole bunch of other stuff so he can one up CLS and we can finally hear the LS people complain.
  • How about a force choke ability named "I find your lack of faith disturbing", removes all turn meter and deals extra damage to enemies that aren't debuffed?
  • Darth Vader from Episode 3 before obi wan showed him the power of the high ground.
  • Give vader a 2nd zeta to his leadership ability. I mean as far as leaders go few can claim as much leadership power as vader so a 2nd leadership zeta is in-line with him.

Inspiring through fear 2nd zeta - Imperial allies inflict damage over time on all critical damage against rebels. Sith allies inflict damage over time whenever a jedi enemy evades an attack. In addition while Lord Vader is alive all imperal and sith allies gain +25 defense and +25% tenacity per debuffed enemy (up to +125% of both)
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    How about a force choke ability named "I find your lack of faith disturbing", removes all turn meter and deals extra damage to enemies that aren't debuffed?

Well he all ready has a force choke ability "Force Crush". I just think his Leadership would make a good Unique and a new Leadership ability would make him viable. Maybe no leadership ability but maybe an ability similar to CLS? Maybe Vader could have 6 abilities too. A complete counter to Luke who can in turn completely counter Vader. A bit of variety
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    How about a force choke ability named "I find your lack of faith disturbing", removes all turn meter and deals extra damage to enemies that aren't debuffed?

I like this idea, +100000
  • Moved to Feedback/Characters
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    Considering CLS I think we can go wild with our Vader reworks. In order to be trully faithful to the movies, I propose a new unique for Lord Vader:
    "Off my your piew-piews": Lord Vader is imune to blasters. If the shooter is rebel, the laser is reflected right into his face.

Totally in line with episodes 4 to 6 and Rogue One and the power creep that plagues the game. Make it happen EA!

Hillarious and you made some good points. Although I would add that it's not power creep, it's power LEAP. They don't creep about any of it, flat out bulldoze any idea of balance.
  • StitchagoFTW
    150 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Lord Vader, Dark Side, Sith, Attacker

Location: Available from The Path of the Dark Side Event (Unlocks at 5 stars)

Basic: Betrayal - Deal physical damage to enemy, if they enemy is a Jedi, remove all buffs.

Special: For Love Alone - Deal physical damage to target enemy if a critical hit is scored, revive a fallen ally at 20% health and TM. {Cool down: 5}

Special: Power of the Dark Side - Deal special damage to enemy and call all DS allies to assist; assists deal 20% less damage unless they are Sith who deal 20% more. {Cool down: 3

Special: Force Choke - Instantly kill an enemy. If the enemy is Galactic Republic reduce the cool down by one. {Cool down: 7}

Unique: Lack of Faith - Gain critical chance and critical damage up for each debuff on each enemy.

The Path of the Dark Side

Earn Lord Vader Shards

P1: Lord Vader and Shock Trooper x2
    P2: Lord Vader and Shock Trooper x2
    P3: Lord Vader and Shock Trooper x2
    P4: Lord Vader and Shock Trooper x2
    P5: Lord Vader and Shock Trooper x2
    P6: Lord Vader and Shock Trooper x2
    P7:
    B1: CT P2 x5
    B2: Commander Cody, Commander Bacara, Commander Bly, Commander Neyo and Commander Appo
    B3: Lord Vader, Darth Sidious and Shock Trooper x2

Post edited by StitchagoFTW on
  • If they reworked him so his abilities reflected how he was in rogue one, that'd be awesome. That's by far the coolest portrayal of him imo
  • Give him a unique I think and you would be pretty close to good on him. Dont know that he needs a full rework.

Power of the Dark Side (Unique) - Each time an opponent takes damage from a Damage Over Time effect increase Darth Vaders Offense by 1% until the end of the encounter. Zeta: Debuffs inflicted by Darth Vader cant be resisted.

Now Vader is truly relentless and you have a count down on how long you have to deal with him before he wrecks your team.
  • What I think would be cool is If on your Luke characters that there should be an ability where you can bring your Vader or an opposing team Vader to kill the emperor.
  • Z2gop wrote: »
    What I think would be cool is If on your Luke characters that there should be an ability where you can bring your Vader or an opposing team Vader to kill the emperor.

Or how about Luke loses all protection and TM and half his health like CLS actually did to Vader.
  • Darlex11 wrote: »
    Give him a unique I think and you would be pretty close to good on him. Dont know that he needs a full rework.

Power of the Dark Side (Unique) - Each time an opponent takes damage from a Damage Over Time effect increase Darth Vaders Offense by 1% until the end of the encounter. Zeta: Debuffs inflicted by Darth Vader cant be resisted.

Now Vader is truly relentless and you have a count down on how long you have to deal with him before he wrecks your team.

This !
    But from each damage over time effects.
    With zeta, cannot be resisted and 1% defense too.
    Now that would be vader. No need for duplicate and or complete rework, that simple unique would make him more than viable, plus his lead is great too.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    new special:
    "Who's your daddy?": facing Vader, CLS immediately cries into submission, loses one arm, hides in a hole and becomes useless for the rest of the fight. Totally faithful to the movies ^^
    Give him a unique I think and you would be pretty close to good on him. Dont know that he needs a full rework.

I second the motion
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner

I second the motion

I third it...
    I really like that concept... simple yet elegant.

Also thought a unique that adds damage reflection would be fitting too...

The best defense - (zeta lv) Lord vader reflects back 25% of the damage he received on non criticals to the attacker. On critial hits Lord Vader reflects back 100% of damage he recieved and also inflicts a dot to the attacker.