Galactic War is unreasonably difficult...

2Next

Replies

• Wisp
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Lost my top three teams on node 11 today.. multple enemy Zeta'd toons. Tried different team set ups for about 30 min, then did the final wear-them-down attempt. Losts my top three teams without dropping a single enemy toon... what's the point....
    Post edited by Wisp on
  • CLS has destroyed GW. If I was facing a CLS team on either n11 or 12 then ok, but both? That pretty much means I have no choice but to sacrifice my Resistance on 11, then hope I get crazy good rng to beat 12.

And of course, the power levels keep rising almost daily. At least 2, usually more g12 toons on n12 every day when I haven't even got 1... Today was GK, Thrawn, zBarriss, CLS and zR2. then only one of those I have is zR2 so there's no way for me to counter with a similar team. My zDN led Sith could take out R2 but that was it. After that, they just keep regenerating HP and even protection no matter what I throw at them. that's not a winnable battle.

give me a challenge, not an impossible scenario.
  • Wisp
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I promised myself I would not post again... but today was just laughable... g12 CLS Zeta, G12 R2D2.. with maxed chirut blaze combo.... I don't have any of thos toons, only have one Zeta'd toon so far, with most G10 and a couple gear 11 toons. This is not 115% higher than my max 5 characters... this is just plain and simply an impossible slaughter with zero possibility of winning... I have nothing even remotely close to the capability of that team in my roster... broken... I wouldn't care except I need the daily galactic war tokens.... frustrating to be held back with impossible battles...

Tried the last battle just to see... top thee teams all died...didn't even make a dent....
  • Wisp wrote: »
    I promised myself I would not post again... but today was just laughable... g12 CLS Zeta, G12 R2D2.. with maxed chirut blaze combo.... I don't have any of thos toons, only have one Zeta'd toon so far, with most G10 and a couple gear 11 toons. This is not 115% higher than my max 5 characters... this is just plain and simply an impossible slaughter with zero possibility of winning... I have nothing even remotely close to the capability of that team in my roster... broken... I wouldn't care except I need the daily galactic war tokens.... frustrating to be held back with impossible battles...

Tried the last battle just to see... top thee teams all died...didn't even make a dent....

Not trying to knock you mate, but off the old power rating system, that team probably is within the 115% of your team. Zetas counted for about nothing in the old system. Power ratings of attackers, almost always where lower then "tank" type characters ( weather it be base stats or mods, not sure why to be honest )
  • Wisp wrote: »

Not trying to knock you mate, but off the old power rating system, that team probably is within the 115% of your team. Zetas counted for about nothing in the old system. Power ratings of attackers, almost always where lower then "tank" type characters ( whether it be base stats or mods, not sure why to be honest )

Abilities still aren't counted in GW, apparently, that's gonna change sometime soon. With the old power rating (overall not specific to GW) HP and Protection counted for a whole lot more than anything else, hence Tanks being more powerful.
  • I feel ya man, the struggle is real. Been facing G12 squads on nodes 9,11 and 12. It's sooooo broken
  • Lost my top 15 toons to node 9 today. Tried different combos for about 30 minutes. Up against 3 Zeta'd toons. Only dropped one enemy to my 15 dead... I think it's the special abilities that are making things tough and not being accounted for in the GW system... Zeta'd Maul lead with other Zetas. I don't have enough omph in my teams to fight through the rotating stealths. I don't think this is what the devs were intending...

You can see in arena that the power system doesn't really accurately measure success. I've been slaughtered by Chirut/Blaze combos with far less team power and the right other toon combos... make one of those teams 115% and it is an impossible battle for my specific set of toons...

• Carn
    52 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    It's my 2nd GW today, i am lvl 42.
    Last Node, all lvl 55 heroes: Darth Sidious, Ahsoka Tano, Savage Opress, Captain Phasma and IG-100
    I tried it like 30 times with different setups, its all the same. Half of my team is dead after 2 enemy turns, after 3-4 turns i am wiped out.
    Best i could do was burst Darth Sidious down, with 2 of my heroes dead and my others under 30% Health.

Absolutely no way for me to beat it. Maybe if i got some 7* sith hero team like the guys in my top 10 Arena Shard. They are lvl 45-50....
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Carn wrote: »
    It's my 2nd GW today, i am lvl 42.
    Last Node, all lvl 55 heroes: Darth Sidious, Ahsoka Tano, Savage Opress, Captain Phasma and IG-100
    I tried it like 30 times with different setups, its all the same. Half of my team is dead after 2 enemy turns. I just get AoEd to death.
    Best i could do was take Darth Sidious down, with 2 of my heroes dead.

Absolutely no way for me to beat it. Maybe if i got some 7* sith hero team like the guys are around my lvl in the top 10 arena -.-

It's bugged today.
  • I have at least 6 people in my guild who have talked about leaving the game until it gets re-balanced. None of us can defeat the 11 and 12 nod anymore. CLS is way under powered at 22k, he should be 30k. especially if you are going to use the top five toons.
  • Totally agree. The thing is: GW is lame because the game is unbalanced. And every update it gets worse.
  • GW has become less and less fun :( please make it beatable not impossible. It's starting to make everyone in my guild mad and **** off including me. EA please fix and when I have 1 g12 not have to fight 5 g12 all zata and maxed perfect mods!
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    I hardly bother with GW anymore. I go until i hit a team i know will take me several tries to beat then hit reset. It's too much of a time sink to waste time on.

As I've said before anyway, toons aren't the problem - mods are the problem. If you're not fortunate to have the right mods good luck. Even if you do have the right mods, by the time you switch them to your second and then third string team to just be competitive, you've wasted so many credits you're barely even getting a real reward.

Just isn't worth it.

+1
  • Wisp
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I’m starting to believe that it’s Zeta and abilities that are not properly accounted for in the power system and are resulting in significant mismatches in Galactic Wars. I lost my top team to a CLS team on node 6, but managed to drop 3 of the enemy toons... just left with Zeta Baris and Zeta CLS... these two toons totalled 36,000 in power...

Those two toons then completely wiped out two decent teams back to back..(Sith team and a Jedi team... I have no Zetas yet). Both teams had about 78-80k in power. Both teams died rapidly without Ever coming close to denting those two toons.

I threw 160,000 power of toons in two strong teams against two Zeta’d toons totalling 36,000 in power and was stopped dead in my tracks on node 6 that day...

You can see more evidence of this in the Squad arena where Chirut/Blaze combo’s are competing in ranks of other teams 10-20,000 points higher.

It’s the power rating system that is massively broken, not necessarily Galactic Wars...
  • GW is meant to be completed using a variety of toons and strategy. It was never meant to be one team all the way through 12 nodes. However, Resistance will blow through GE with ease.
  • If the **** developers would read, they could fix this. They say you play against other players. That is a lie. In player name only. They increase stats so much, I have a team of 4 gear 12, all 85 and fully modded. Whatever my "gw level" is, every time I hit them, they gain health and protection. When I am supposed to give a rebuff, they get a buff instead. It's completely jacked. Either they are the dumbest programmers out there or the **** game managers known to mankind.

Developers, if you read this blog (apparently they never do), yes, we know you can make it impossible for us to win. We get that. There is nothing we can do to beat you. We understand that. So with that out of the way, how about a fun level where WE can win. Let me reiterate... We already know you can beat any of us... you don't pay for any of your characters. Of course you can do whatever you want. NO ONE CAN beat you. So again, now that I've massaged your egos, how about letting us have fun?!
  • Khada_Jhin wrote: »
    It's been going on for a while. My galactic wars are insanely difficult. I've palyed the gane for 10 months. I don't have many maxed gear toons and I certainly don't have the luxury of the best mods. I have a good rebel team, a decent sith team and only 2 zetas on maul and vader.

I keep facing top of the line teams. Maxed gear, great mods, multiple zetas. I face zeta maul, zavage, zylo teams frequently. Zqgj, kenobi teams. Baze-chirrut, nihilis, Thrawn teams and recently tons of CLS, zaris, kenobi, thrawn, nihilus, r2, raid han teams. They are always maxed out completely. Mods, gear and multiple zetas per team. Sometimes i face similar teams in node 9 or 11, but always in 12.

I feel like the only way i can beat them is by spending over half hour for one of those fights which seems ridiculous. I need to do multiple retries, build tm in advance, do suicide squads and use every trick in the book. I'm generally a very smart person who analyzes each battle. I use literally every strategy imaginable however some of these fights are simply unbeatable.

Earlier today i had a Kenobi, zaris, nihilus, thrawn, cls team. 6 zetas all together. I did my best for half hour, i couldn't get past it.

I seems so unfair that I face these teams and i haven't been in the game for a year yet...

We all need to unite for this. Galactic war has to get easier, it's too unfair considering it's out main source of income...

They should increase the rewards, it feels underwelming to get so little after taking a beatdown in nodes 9,11, 12
  • Pace
    24 posts Member
    I do agree GW needs to be rebalanced even with my deep roster some days no matter what I do I have do the early reset. With that said it should be noted that it should take more than one team to complete GW, it's designed that way. Before I had BB-8 and zFinn I ran team P nodes 1-5 and 7-10 using my bigger teams for the harder battles 6, 11, and 12.

This way my top teams are coming in fresh, and if needed I can toss in a suicide squad or two to make the odds more favorable for me. Yes my zFinn team can solo GW on most days but sometimes the squads I go against can shut down team resistance in a heartbeat even going into battle with Poe at 100% TM and ready to taunt. (You can look at my swgoh.gg profile in my sig) To have an idea of my roster and what my teams are capable of, yes, I'll state it again there are days when completing GW is not going to happen.

Ledri SWGOH StarBorn is recruiting.
  • GW is not worth it. It is harder than a Legendary Event with less rewards.
  • What in the f is going on? Devs if you read this fricking READ THIS!! I have gear 12 players on the final level of gw... they have 3 chars left.. gk, barris and blue man. Every time I hit them, their health goes up. FIX THIS NOW!! This is an obvious cheat or dev with their head up their keester. So frustrating when devs cheat. Infuriating!!
  • Mardowan wrote: »
    What in the f is going on? Devs if you read this fricking READ THIS!! I have gear 12 players on the final level of gw... they have 3 chars left.. gk, barris and blue man. Every time I hit them, their health goes up. FIX THIS NOW!! This is an obvious cheat or dev with their head up their keester. So frustrating when devs cheat. Infuriating!!

That's called barris with a zeta you either need to hit really hard, not crit,or put up healing block but that only works for so long cause zarris will cleanse that
  • GW is a total freaking joke..almost makes me want to quit playing. I agree it should take at least two teams to complete. But I haven't completed a single cycle in about 30 restarts..and that's no lie. Total f'n joke when you can't get your top 4 squads past the 10th round.
  • GW was near impossible to finish previous months. Now it is impossible. Those near indestructible foes that appeared on nodes 11 & 12 have recently started to appear on node 9. I am unable to finish past this node now due to full zeta max gear 12 over-powered foes.

This game is longer fun, as it feels like I am facing super powered indestructible teams. Even if I manage to take out 1 or 2 foes, remaining few will defeat my 5 top heroes. Impossible!

I guess developers want people to spend more money to make their heroes stronger. Bad enough that drops are very poor for needed gear & plentiful for unneeded garbage gear. I would never recommend game like this to anyone.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    It isnt impossible to finish GW if you are a whale. It feels like GW has been crafted so that you become frustrated in losing every day and you spend money.
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    It isnt impossible to finish GW if you are a whale. It feels like GW has been crafted so that you become frustrated in losing every day and you spend money.

There you go. That is precisely the (EA) business plan. Not only GW either. I am 99% certain the defending team in Arena has %+ tenacity and some kind of similar approach in fleet battles. It just doesn't make any sense otherwise. For example, you can see the opposing characters in arena and their stats. Find a similar Bobba and use Death from Above. See how many proccs you get and how many the opposing Bobba. Rinse&repeat for a number of times and you start to see patterns. Try and get a lock on Endurance's Strike True. Let me know when you get one. Now go fight an Endurance team, PvP or PvE. See how that works for the opposing team. 11 times out of 10. Working as intended, right?

Gotta love EA. The day they go bankrupt it will be one of a happier day of my life.
    "Frustration leads to impatience. Impatience leads to buying crystals. Buying crystals leads to revenue."
  • Timerron
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    This is kitten! I can't even beat the team on my second purple node. As much as I don't like not finishing the table, I should be able to get more than half way considering my toons.
    Post edited by Ambassador on