TB encourages farming useless characters

2Next

Replies

• Zolaz wrote: »
    rtj.jpg

I don't get it. caption?
  • Btw they moderated my title from "useless" to "senseless", i guess both are correct at the same time.
  • Odyseass7 wrote: »
    You can do r2 with Palpatine lead, vader, tfp, tarkin and any 5th toon. I didn't even have tfp, i had to use royal guard and magmatrooper

I had to use Zader g11, TFP g8, EP g8, RG g8, and Tarkin g8 :/ it wasn't easy for me
    Btw they moderated my title from "useless" to "senseless", i guess both are correct at the same time.

Did they really? I still see "useless" as the title
  • It can be done without zader, it's not an easy event by no means but i don't have zader in either one of my accounts, well i did get it on my one account and i regret waiting my zeta, but yeah its not that hard
    It can be done without zader, it's not an easy event by no means but i don't have zader in either one of my accounts, well i did get it on my one account and i regret waiting my zeta, but yeah its not that hard

I do regret zeta Vader. But maybe only because I already had a decent Teebo team who could solo Rancor.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Odyseass7 wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    I've wondered about players who have only been playing for a few months or even 6 months. I've been playing for 10 months now. I'm only slightly behind the schedule of new events, but I can't imagine what it feels like to be fresh.

Rewards are better now than they were before, or at least more plentiful. But at the same time, you get to see all this potential that you are missing out on. So while there are more opportunities, it also feels like you are further behind.

To those who feel behind, I'd say just play and enjoy the game at your own pace. Don't worry about what you are "missing out on" and instead enjoy playing at whatever stage in the game you are at. You'll eventually catch up. This game can't move too fast, developing is too difficult for that.

Pretty much what you said. You see all of this potential but you cant touch it. Instead of farming the important characters for raids, like wedge, tfp, resistance, ect. The game puts you in the path of farming these hoth useless toons and stuff and it only puts you on further disadvantage.

It's a nightmare starting an account now, and avout catching up... it is impossible cause they will simply keep introducing more events like this that will allow older players to keep pulling ahead

I would hate to be a new player at this stage. Launch-time players sat at the L80 ceiling for a long, long time before the cap was raised, giving them lots of time to build their rosters before new content came out. I firmly believe that some of this content should be locked by Achievements so that newer players do not feel so forced into building characters for game modes they are not ready for. Achievements like (needs tweaking I'm sure):
    • Rancor Tamer: Victoriously complete The Pit raid on heroic level
    • Mod Farmer: Complete all Mod Challenge tiers with 1* or better
    • Level Plateau 80: Collect enough XP to attain L80
    • AAT Scout: Unlock ability to participate in AAT raid on normal level by achieving Rancor Tamer, Mod Farmer, and Level Plateau 80
    • Mod Master: Complete all Mod Challenge tiers with 3*
    • AAT Hero: Unlock ability to participate in AAT raid heroic level by achieving AAT Scout and Mod Master
    • Zeta Farmer: Complete Tier III of the Ship Ability Materials challenge
    • XP 80: Unlock ability to collect XP above L80 by completing AAT Hero and Zeta Farmer
    • Territory Explorer: Unlock ability to participate in Territory Battles by completing XP 80
    • Level Plateau 85: Collect enough XP to attain L85
    • Zeta Master: Activate the Zeta-level ability on one character
    • Fleet Commander: Complete Tier III of all ship challenges
    • AAT Destroyer: Victoriously complete the AAT raid on heroic level
    • Seasoned Veteran: Complete Zeta Master, Fleet Commander, and AAT Destroyer
    • Geared Up: Upgrade 10 characters to gear level 10 or better
    • Territory Infiltrator: Unlock ability to participate in Territory Battle Special Missions by completing Seasoned Veteran and Geared Up

Edit: TLDR. I hope you didn't try to follow that. What was I thinking?
  • Oooo legendary events locked by achievements sounds pretty awesome. There would be less freedom of choice, but you would also be less overwhelmed by all the different paths you could take. Sounds to me like a First Order kind of thinking
  • OP, I don't know why you're complaining; this is a freemium game and that's the product model for freemium games. They squeeze the playerbase till it's dry. You can argue they're squeezing too much but if their bottom line doesn't show that, nothing's going to change. I would argue that they've done a great job of keeping the game playable by F2P but they've made the threshold for feeling any benefits of spending money too high; that's why I'm still 100% F2P- not enough ROI.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • leef wrote: »
    Odyseass7 wrote: »
    You are all right, it is about the money and it's sad to see a game trying so hard to squeeze dollars out of it's player base. I wonder what happended to decency and creating a badass game where skill, effort and strategy get you somewhere, nowadays only money gets you to places.

Hard for me to accept that a person with no skill can simply buy a few hundred dollar packs and enjoy all the additional rewards that come with it, when i have a perfect understanding of the game but my pockets aren't that deep

You do realize you're playing a freemium game right?

Ha ha well played again sir
    slugbahr wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    @FredsFatties
    Haven't you heard? it's way cooler to hate the game we're all playing ;)

I am capable of recognising a game's shortcomings, and thinking of ways to improve it, while playing it.

Yea, you're one of the cool kids ;)

Ha ha hold this "W" for the win
    slugbahr wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    @FredsFatties
    Haven't you heard? it's way cooler to hate the game we're all playing ;)

I am capable of recognising a game's shortcomings, and thinking of ways to improve it, while playing it.

Yea, you're one of the cool kids ;)

You're kitten right I'm one of the kitten cool kitten kids!
    Kitten yeah!