Event Categories

Ok, I've tried searching and I give up. Does anyone know where I can find the specifics that differentiate the various event types (Marquee, Legendary, etc.)?
Go Pens!

Replies

• Marquees are a one off and you can only unlock a toon to 3 or 4 stars. Legendary events are recurring events that you can eventually unlock a toon to the full 7 stars.
  • There's not a list like that I'm aware of, Marquee events only come out once where any guy can be used. Legendary require a certain faction at certain Star levels to unlock. And take about 4 months for them to come back around before being put into rotation
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Ok, I've tried searching and I give up. Does anyone know where I can find the specifics that differentiate the various event types (Marquee, Legendary, etc.)?

Legendary: hope you have the right toons but if you do all the shards to 7 star that toon will be available (and only available) through the event. Yoda, Emp, CLS, R2-D2, Thrawn, etc

Marquee: Easy battles without any challenge to them. Get enough shards to unlock a toon at 3 or 4 stars. Either fork over a ton of money for 1299 crystal packs with 99% of the time only give you 5 shards or wait 6 months for them to be farmable on 16 cantina, or 20 hard node.

Legendary events are moderately more fun. The CLS one was far better than anything we've seen
  • Got it. Thanks guys! Mods, feel free to close.
    Go Pens!
  • BryGuy2k wrote: »

Legendary: hope you have the right toons but if you do all the shards to 7 star that toon will be available (and only available) through the event. Yoda, Emp, CLS, R2-D2, Thrawn, etc

Marquee: Easy battles without any challenge to them. Get enough shards to unlock a toon at 3 or 4 stars. Either fork over a ton of money for 1299 crystal packs with 99% of the time only give you 5 shards or wait 6 months for them to be farmable on 16 cantina, or 20 hard node.

Legendary events are moderately more fun. The CLS one was far better than anything we've seen

most accurate definition xD
  • There's another one they do sometimes, I forget if it has a special name, but it's an wasy fight that gives 1 shard of the login character and runs through the whole month. They did it for Bistan and Chopper and maybe others I'm forgetting.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Marquee events are one time deals that come with out with new character release. They give enough shards to unlock the toon, and sometimes enough to promote them once. Other times they have enough extra to get you close to promoting so you'll get a pack. You fight with an event toon, which is a maxed version of the unlock character, but it is otherwise open.

Legendary events are the only way to get shards for the legendary character, and completed tiers do not reset across characters. They require 5 toons of a specific faction. Star requirements match the tier being played. Tiers 1-4 give 25 shards each, and the others give 45, 85, and 100. So beating tier 5 gives a 5* unlock of the toon, and tiers 6&7 promote them to those star levels.

The Hero's journey event requires STHan, Farmboy Luke, Leia, R2, and Old Ben. There are six tiers. I don't remember star requirements for lower tiers, but t5 requires Old Ben at 7*, and t6 requires the others at 7*. This unlocks CLS, which is a 7* unlock, so you have to beat all tiers.

The AT-ST Heroic event gives Wicket shards and you use maxed event toons of Ewoks.

Assault Battles require specific factions and give shards of a different faction (that you fight against). These have 2-3 tiers.

Droid Fight Back is an event that gives crap Jawa shards and uses droids. Plays are shared across tiers.

Flash events are open for certain windows during the day and require specific factions or characters, but you use event toons anyway, except for the bonus tier. Some tiers are easy, and others are just a huge RNG fest and a waste of time. First time rewards are awesome. Repeat rewards are a few pieces of salvage ranging from crap to meh.

Credit heist and training droid smuggling are events randomly repeating within a 6-12 interval. They do NOT happen every week. Rewards for credit heist are random draws from a weighted discrete distribution, and not from a uniform distribution. People like one of these events, but not the other.

Omega battles require specific factions but are ridiculously easy. They give ability mats and credits.

Probably forgot some.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    There's another one they do sometimes, I forget if it has a special name, but it's an wasy fight that gives 1 shard of the login character and runs through the whole month. They did it for Bistan and Chopper and maybe others I'm forgetting.

Oh, these. They did it for Pathfinder too.