Content Update 9/20/2017 (MEGA)

Replies

• Kingfish36 wrote: »
    TWD_Negan wrote: »
    Who's brightest idea was it to remove gear from fleet and shard store? No no no no, a thousand hell nos, that's how I've been gaining traction on gearing f2p method, don't you dare.

-10000, I hate this update

SHARD SHOP 2.0
    The Shard Store has been refreshed to focus on a wider variety of gear. The refresh timer has been reduced to 6 hours, and refresh costs have been reduced. Additionally, Character shards (Other than General Grievous) have been removed.

Let me rephrase my anger. I want the option of BOTH avenues being open for gear farming. Fleet coins are a lot better to obtain than shards.
  • @CG_Kozispoon

Missing the correct translation in french of "versatile" but still almost everything nice to read
  • Membrane wrote: »
    Kingfish36 wrote: »
    Who's brightest idea was it to remove gear from fleet and shard store? No no no no, a thousand hell nos, that's how I've been gaining traction on gearing f2p method, don't you dare.

SHARD SHOP 2.0
    The Shard Store has been refreshed to focus on a wider variety of gear. The refresh timer has been reduced to 6 hours, and refresh costs have been reduced. Additionally, Character shards (Other than General Grievous) have been removed.

Shard store currency is much harder to get the fleet battle currency , and if you disagree , there is no way you are a real person .

not what I said at all. I was replying to the original post where he said "Who's brightest idea was it to remove gear from fleet and shard store". I was showing him that gear wasn't removed from the shard shop. your lack of reading comprehension skills makes me wonder if you are a real person
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    1qruht.jpg
  • Kingfish36 wrote: »
    Membrane wrote: »

SHARD SHOP 2.0

Shard store currency is much harder to get the fleet battle currency , and if you disagree , there is no way you are a real person .

not what I said at all. I was replying to the original post where he said "Who's brightest idea was it to remove gear from fleet and shard store". I was showing him that gear wasn't removed from the shard shop. your lack of reading comprehension skills makes me wonder if you are a real person

Nope not a real person you are correct , I am from the planet ORK
  • No fleet gear? That was the only thing stopping the gear crunch from driving me insane and it came at the price of sacrificing extra zetas.

Hate this move.

If you want people to focus on ships, here's an idea - make ships relevant.
  • Membrane wrote: »

SHARD SHOP 2.0

100% agree, the only way this would make sense it's if they reduced the cost for the gear in the shard shop, otherwise it's a slap in the face
  • lol do something with them add more fleet commanders ships needs more stuff
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    No fleet gear? That was the only thing stopping the gear crunch from driving me insane and it came at the price of sacrificing extra zetas.

Hate this move.

If you want people to focus on ships, here's an idea - make ships relevant.

I bet they were thinking if we (devs) removed the gear from fleet and put in the shard shop that would solve any problems , but they are wrong on that thought.
  • 'Finally, gear pieces have been removed from Fleet Arena Store.'

What is this CG? That's outrageous! Not just for me, but most of my guild mates, and i dare say most of the game, these gear pieces are the main source of cuffs and stun guns.

Why remove them? Fleet shipments are pretty much only good for buying zetas and gear...
  • So no gear in fleet shipments, no shards in shard shop, tb is now spread out longer. Sounds like we lost this one. At least I'm ready for bb8 and thrawn.....
  • gannnon22 wrote: »
    i bet they removed the gear from fleet to push people to actually get ship and pilot shards

They probably had data that lots of players aren't spending their currency on gear in fleet shipments while these same players also have a huge stockpile of shard/potential shard currency and wanted us to burn that so that we get fewer toons to 7* for free using the shard shop. That's probably also another reason why FAT was only in shard shop for a week or two compared to other toons that were in there for like six weeks.
  • @CG_Kozispoon There's an empty third bullet point under Territory Battle Fixes. Is the bullet point a typo? Or is it being empty a typo? Thaaanks!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • i found my
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    gannnon22 wrote: »
    i bet they removed the gear from fleet to push people to actually get ship and pilot shards

They probably had data that lots of players aren't spending their currency on gear in fleet shipments while these same players also have a huge stockpile of shard/potential shard currency and wanted us to burn that so that we get fewer toons to 7* for free using the shard shop. That's probably also another reason why FAT was only in shard shop for a week or two compared to other toons that were in there for like six weeks.

it's possible but i myself was spending alot on gear lately but i'm willing to bet most people spent currency on gear/exclusive toons/ or zetas and probably the least amount on actuall ships or maybee that's just my guild
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Hate this update more than anything they've done recently. People are complaining about not enough to do in TBs so what do you do? Put a 4-5 day cooldown between them and keep the really stupid 24 hour timer. No no no. Why not go to 12 hours like you were supposed to and keep them at once a week. There's no way in the world that the rewards were bumped up enough that it'll make up for missing a full TB a month because of the stupid 4 day cooldown.. maybe they are and I just don't have any faith in them making good decisions but they've shown to be incredibly stingy and I'm thinking we'll get a net loss per day and it's such a terrible move. Not to mention removing gear from places that f2p farm. Another big kitten..
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Ixias0
    29 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Wow.... so much aggression before the update is even live. Chill and give it a few days before freaking out. :)

Territory Battles
    • Platoons have been my biggest concern and it seems like they're being address, so kudos to the Devs for getting that worked out
    • Keeping the 24 hour window is huge. This not only helps guilds coordinate, but helps out with people in multiple time zones. My only gripe is that I feel like a 4-5 day gap is a bit excessive. I feel like a 'Monday-Saturday with Sunday off' schedule would be more appealing and give people more things to do each day. If the gap in-between is filled with Assault Battles, Legendary Events, etc, then I could maybe get behind this. I'm still holding out to be able to replay past Legendary Events.
    • Daily rewards keep it a bit more engaging, so I like that. As another poster pointed out, hopefully the gear increase at least attempts to make up for the multi-day gap in TBs. I think a lot of people are missing the "Additional Mystery Boxes" with hard to obtain gear though, which leads to the next topic...

Shard/Ship Store
    Not sure how I feel about this. I didn't really farm gear from there as I got a late start to ships, so between those and Zetas I don't have much leftover currency. That said, it's easier to come by and 5 Carbantis can come in clutch. Hopefully the exchange rate isn't bad. EDIT: After refreshing the Shard Store, I'm totally okay with this! 186 Shard Tokens for 6 Stun Guns? Yes please!

BB8
    Super excited for this! Interesting character that seems to work well with droids and really well with Resistance. Double drops on all hard nodes (which would be 10 battles per node, unless they reduced it back to 3 and I missed it), so farming them shouldn't be too bad.

As for the last bit, I think it's obvious that Thrawn event will be back after BB8, but I'm also thinking that it hints at Phoenix updates? Everyone except Chopper has a potential Zeta for their special abilities, so that could be interesting. Looking forward to seeing what they do there.
    Post edited by Ixias0 on
  • ...that they removed gear from fleet store? It makes the gear grind 10x harder. Unbelievable people are okay with this.
  • DarthScott wrote: »

SHARD SHOP 2.0

@CG_Kozispoon Does this mean no character shards will ever return to the shard shop? What about Paploo, Logray, Veteran Han & Chewie? Is the current 'character release cadence' sill in play, where the characters take a turn in the shard shop?

They haven't followed the release cadence in months. I'm pretty sure that's history.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Will the legendary event also last for 7 days?
  • ...that they removed gear from fleet store? It makes the gear grind 10x harder. Unbelievable people are okay with this.

removed from fleet but added to shard shop it seems
  • Increase in teritory currency? Color me surprised! An update i actually like....not sure how to feel.... ?

Increasing them while decreasing how often we get them buy a ton. So basically we were getting 4 cookies a week and now we're getting 5 cookies every 10 days. Do that math and see how many cookies yr earning a day and then tell me which one you like best..
  • Nojow
    24 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    New shard shop looks pretty good, got 6 mk 5 stun gun pieces for like 200 shards imgur.com/a/KuWzO
  • also dont forget they not only added currency to the final payout but also added special missions that award currency to other phases so you get more currency payout while the TB is ongoing
  • First order
  • Umm why?

Finally, gear pieces have been removed from Fleet Arena Store. Additional character shards, as well as other materials, will be added to Fleet Arena Store in subsequent updates.
  • Umm why?

Finally, gear pieces have been removed from Fleet Arena Store. Additional character shards, as well as other materials, will be added to Fleet Arena Store in subsequent updates.
  • Bz183 wrote: »
    1qruht.jpg

Hold this "W". Ha ha
  • This is a brutal hit to gear farming
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Hey thanks for the 20K in free crystals! @CG_Kozispoon
  • Not too excited about the removal of gear from Fleet Store.
    This is a signature.