20K Crystal Inbox Issue Thread

Replies

• agree with the dude a few pages back. the wordsmithing on this excuse is going to be extravagant!
  • The size of it is what shocks me, that’s just SO much money. To give away that much just seems crazy.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    The size of it is what shocks me, that’s just SO much money. To give away that much just seems crazy.

I think that is what is going to set this apart from other issues. A payout of 20K crystals is just going to be too much for people to let go with a handwavy explanation.
  • If this is restitution for the 5/7 debacle, are those players with 7* units being rolled back to 5* or do they get to eat their cake and have it to?
  • If this is restitution for the 5/7 debacle, are those players with 7* units being rolled back to 5* or do they get to eat their cake and have it to?

This
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Interesting that the original post has been edited, and now deleted by mods. And the viewcount went from over 20k to now 3.5k, and no dev tag for Kozispoons response.
    The loss of Tag from Kozi was not intentional! The forum droids did not like the merge , but if the post was intended to be gone, it wouldn’t not be here still.

Original post was edited last night (see the log link on bottom right) which was added too - not deleted , honestly nothing hidden on that except the merge did seem to make it look that way. =)

We call understand frustrations but we need to not make up issues that are not real - sure we all get enough “fake” things already
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • This isn't a thank you. It's a recognition that they published false information and a select group spent a bunch of money to 7* Cholo based to varying extent on that false information.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Interesting that the original post has been edited, and now deleted by mods. And the viewcount went from over 20k to now 3.5k, and no dev tag for Kozispoons response.
    The loss of Tag from Kozi was not intentional! The forum droids did not like the merge , but if the post was intended to be gone, it wouldn’t not be here still.

Original post was edited last night (see the log link on bottom right) which was added too - not deleted , honestly nothing hidden on that except the merge did seem to make it look that way. =)

We call understand frustrations but we need to not make up issues that are not real - sure we all get enough “fake” things already

If we could get an answer on what is being done then we wouldn't have to create "fake" theories on what is going on.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2017
    Apologies for the wait!

We want to provide some clarity around the crystals that were provided yesterday to some players. These crystals were provided to players who 6 or 7 starred Captain Han Solo in the first two days of his release. Anybody who 6/7 starred Captain Han Solo between his launch on 8/30 and 9/2 at 11AM received the grant. The end time was determined to be 24 hours after we announced the 5 star requirement was all that would be required for Rebel Officer Leia Organa shards.

I'll update the first post with this messaging for visibility. We hope this clarifies any confusion and as always, let's keep discussion civil and groovy.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Apologies for the wait!

We want to provide some clarity around the crystals that were provided yesterday to some players. These crystals were provided to players who 6 or 7 starred Captain Han Solo in the first two days of his release. Anybody who 6/7 starred CHS between his launch on 8/30 and 9/2 at 11AM received the grant. The end time was determined to be 24 hours after we announced the 5 star requirement was all that would be required for Rebel Officer Leia Organa shards.

I'll update the first post with this messaging for visibility. We hope this clarifies any confusion and as always, let's keep discussion civil and groovy.

What about the people who are saying that they didn't spend a penny on upgrading him, but got the crystals. Are they just lying?
  • I'm afraid this answer will do nothing more than add more questions.
  • I'm afraid this answer will do nothing more than add more questions.

Or add gasoline on the fire
  • How about for players that DID seven star cholo the day after release (like a whale in my guild I know personally) that did not get the 20K crystals? The explanation stinks, and the execution is abysmal.
  • Wow, all I can say is wow. People who would most likely have farmed CHS anyway now get a windfall of bonus crystals. Those of us that bought the 9.99 pack and farmed get nothing. Just insane. So if you were one of the lucky few that bought one pack and hit the 330 crystal lottery now you get a bonus 20k crystals. Not cool EA/CG.
  • The way this is going to end is if you got lucky enough to receive 20k kudos to you. The rest... it's just too bad.
  • Shanara68 wrote: »
    Exactly as expected. The "hotfix" is absolutely nothing being done. Basically all those people just got CHS to 7* for free. This non fix is pathetic at best. If there got the crystals but lost the 7* to 5* is be satisfied. Instead they get him to 7*, which they would've anyway, plus got their money back. Wow. Kind of leaves a person speechless. Did Congress take over capital games?

Not all their money, just 33% off on average only the luckiest would 20k have covered the cost
  • Kozispoon
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    What about the people who are saying that they didn't spend a penny on upgrading him, but got the crystals. Are they just lying?
    I mean-
    tumblr_mpyss9WEqT1s62ax7o1_500.gif
    Anybody who 6/7 starred Captain Han Solo between his launch on 8/30 and 9/2 at 11AM received the grant. I don't want to call anyone a liar, but I'd recommend that these players contact EA Help to better illuminate their in game activity.
  • @CG_Kozispoon
    If I remember well 7 stars captain han solo is requested further in the phases, right ? So people who 6/7 starred him would be totally ready for missions requesting him and in their majority would have farmed him to 7 anyway... so they take advantage of having him 7starred AND get a huge reward for it. Ok. I don't see the logic in this, sorry
  • Kozispoon
    Jures200 wrote: »
    Vampire x,

Is the hotfix about this issue or something else

Completely separate and unrelated issue.
  • Perdogie wrote: »
    A guildie pulled 330 shards on his third attempt, and that potentially awarded him another $120+ worth of crystals? While players that spent more than him didnt get 7* Han or rewarded? Again, clarification on this would put a lot of questions to rest

This...
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    I mean-
    tumblr_mpyss9WEqT1s62ax7o1_500.gif
    Anybody who 6/7 starred Captain Han Solo between his launch on 8/30 and 9/2 at 11AM received the grant. I don't want to call anyone a liar, but I'd recommend that these players contact EA Help to better illuminate their in game activity.

Imagine that email
    "Yes, EA Help, I just received 20,000 crystals and I didn't do anything to deserve them."
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • So it took them all this time to come up with that explanation? Why not say that yesterday?

Regardless - what a crock. Here's a super secret huge crystal bonus for doing something that players never saw advertised! Tee hee!
  • So you are compensating people for something they received?
  • Kittens kittens kittens kittens kittens

Meeauwth B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Rythmstick
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon so it's a big kitten to anyone that's every been a whale and a dolphin since we have never seen a reward like this? It's no ones fault that people spend that much to 7 star a toon. No one put a gun to their head. The only one to blame is themselves. I've spent well more than I should on this game each month I've played but do I regret it no. But it's cats that you're rewarding only a group of elite people. It looks like it's time to stop spending any more money on a game designed by greedy dishonest people.
  • proudestmonkey29
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Ravenlock wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon these are the same people that 7* every released toon within 24 hours. They needed a grant of Crystals not at all. Ridiculous logic and a giant kitten to everyone else. I'm sure the whales that got 7* Han will put their windfall to good use I'm sure they don't have Mob Enforcer G12 yet.

I've heard G12 mob enforcer is the new meta
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • So basically these golden children got a free 7 star chs. I have spent money to star up toons that were not usefull. Where is my refund and let me keep my purchase.
    Or another way to think about it is a tv ad that says this product is what you need. When you realize it isnt the company just gives you back your money and lets you keep it too.
  • I have never been more convinced that being F2P is the right decision.
  • I 7*'d Han a few hours outside of this window without being aware the requirement changed. As a whale/kraken this is the worst thing since modgate. Literally 12 hours later and I'm shut out which is arbitrary and punitive. Open it up to anytime on the 9/2 date....

I'm in the exact same situation. Although mine might have been later in the day on 9/3. Why did EA choose 9/2 as the date? Is that the date that the Territory Battles began? I don't remember. For some reason, I was thinking it was 9/4. I know that I had CHS at 7* by the time the phase that required him was open.

I'm beyond furious about this. Yes, life isn't fair, but this situation is ridiculous. I admit to being a whale, and have no problem with that. But, because I chose to be 1 day slower than some others, I don't get 20k shards? Unacceptable.

This discussion has been closed.