Suggestions Needed for Arena

I'm at a crossroads and don't know what to do next.

I used to run a Jedi-ish (QGJ, Ezra, Lumi, Yoda, and Rex or Old Ben) and be in the top 50 on my shard (I'm lvl 76). Then, in order to do the EP event, I switched to a rebel team (AA, Lando, Ezra, ST Han, Old Ben). My rank dipped in the transition but now I am still around the 50s in arena. I'm F2P. I expect to be able to get some abilities zeta'd. Should I stick with that rebel team, move to an improved Jedi team I've been working on, or something else? With my current roster (the ones listed are all 7 star, gear 8/9, and roughly the same ability level, I could do:

a) Same rebel team (AA, Lando, Ezra, ST Han, Old Ben)
b) QGJ, Ezra, Anakin, Yoda, Barriss
c) QGJ, Ezra, Anakin, Yoda, Old Ben
d) QGJ, Ezra, Anakin, Old Ben, Rex
e) Something involving my other 7 star, gear 8/9 toons: Boba Fett, EP, Rex, Ahsoka, and (I guess) Mace Windu.

Here's my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/ariben/

What would you do? Any suggestions?

Replies

• I should note that I am satisfied to stay in the top 100-200 in arena.
  • Bump. No bites? I'd love to hear some suggestions.
  • I'd say option C and get a zeta on QGJ as soon as possible
  • I would build a team with Rex lead. IMO he’s the best leader you’ve got. Rex lead, Old Ben, anakin, barriss, Ezra.
  • seadrg wrote: »
    I would build a team with Rex lead. IMO he’s the best leader you’ve got. Rex lead, Old Ben, anakin, barriss, Ezra.

So, even if running Jedi under him his lead would be faster than a +25 speed lead?

I didn't see that coming. I wondered if a Rex, Boba, EP, St Han, and Lando/Ezra/QGJ/Anakin configuration might be suggested (I suppose you avoided that suggestion for a reason). I hadn't considered running Jedi under Rex.
  • c1ever_pun wrote: »
    I'd say option C and get a zeta on QGJ as soon as possible

But not necessarily wait until the zeta to make the switch?
  • Ariben wrote: »
    seadrg wrote: »
    I would build a team with Rex lead. IMO he’s the best leader you’ve got. Rex lead, Old Ben, anakin, barriss, Ezra.

So, even if running Jedi under him his lead would be faster than a +25 speed lead?

I didn't see that coming. I wondered if a Rex, Boba, EP, St Han, and Lando/Ezra/QGJ/Anakin configuration might be suggested (I suppose you avoided that suggestion for a reason). I hadn't considered running Jedi under Rex.

while the qgj speed bonus is nice, Rex gives 30% tm gain for non clones with his cleanse, passively gives 7.5% tm to non clones for each critical hit you sustain. The cleanse comes with tenacity up, which nullifies any debuffs that are thrown your way. Not pure speed but much more useful than qgj imo.

In addition, you should have a tank to protect your high damaging attacker, which is why I suggested Old Ben and anakin. Barriss can heal which is a plus but not a huge requirement. As you progress, you will swap the others out, raid Han for anakin for example, chaze for barriss and Old Ben, etc, but you are likely to keep Rex until you get cls or gk.

Hope this helps!

• Let's be honest. Jedi are dead in today's game. zQGJ is not worth it anymore. Maybe for LS 9-hard but even then, just use Wiggs chaze and borrow a CLS. Rex is the best leader you have and will help hold you on defense will all the crit happy rebels. Here is my idea

Rex lead, st han, Ezra, boba, Lando

Make boba or st Han the fastest. Han taunts right away and it's off to the races. Wait till turn 3 and use Rex's cleanse to gain more TM and you should win. 3 turns to victory is your game plan. You won't survive past that
  • seadrg wrote: »

Hope this helps!

It does. I see what you're saying. Thanks.