knights of the old republic ancient sith faction, what you think about it guys?

Last time Nihilus, Sith Assassin and Sith trooper were released and they are all have Sith tags. what if they release another toons from KOTOR series? would it be cool if they have their own faction? i was hoping if they can give us Revan (light and dark tags) with leader skill, Sith acolyte,Sith marauder, Darth Malak,Emperor Vitiate, Darth Traya and Darth Sion (imagine they have great sync if Nihilus is present on the squad) and all of the mentioned characters will have Ancient Sith tag. they already forgot about the Darkside and they always release Light side characters like Rebels,Rebels,Rebels,the Han Solo boy bands. atleast bring some balance to the force lols

Replies

• why would you want a separate sith faction? not like there was a lot of modern siths.... i'd be stoked to just see more siths overall, and the more regular sith means more mix and match opportunities
  • DJayK3
    90 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    KOTOR toons have secretly been highlighted since Snoke is from the KOTOR era. Recent spoilers indicate he's Darth Nihilus but under the guise of Snoke.

If not directly Nihilus, he's a wound in the force who fed on the force from all the dead Jedi from order 66. He's Palpatines puppet master and coordinated the "chosen one" legend to encourage Jedi to constantly search for strong Jedi that he could eventually feed on. He also coordinated Sidious-Palps to set up order 66 to execute the Jedi simultaneously to feed off their force power and completly remove them from existence so he'd have absolutely no resistance to his return.

The "Last Jedi" are Qui Gon Jinn, Yoda, Kenobi and Anakins force ghosts in which this corporeal form kept their power from being absorbed by Snoke.
  • just to make it more diverse. think of rebels and phoenix squad. well its not gonna affect much does it? for the sake of identifying them as Ancient sith, having greater sync than the modern siths. well just an opinon though
  • DJayK3 wrote: »
    KOTOR toons have secretly been highlighted since Snoke is from the KOTOR era. Recent spoilers indicate he's Darth Nihilus but under the guise of Snoke.

i saw that video and IMHO its just still an idea we dont have much proof unless we see the background of Snoke in the movies. there was a theory als about Snoke being Darth Plagueis the wise. this makes Snoke an interesting character,making him more interesting if he's really from KOTOR era =)
  • just to make it more diverse. think of rebels and phoenix squad. well its not gonna affect much does it? for the sake of identifying them as Ancient sith, having greater sync than the modern siths. well just an opinon though

I guess if they had both the ancient and the normal sith tags it could work- but not just ancient
  • just an OLD REPUBLIC tag would be fine
  • One of the various ways tags are created is to think that the tag is a thing the character would use to identify themselves in-universe. Nihilus, to the extent that anyone can understand his gibberish, wouldn't call himself an "Ancient Sith", he'd just call himself a "Sith". HK-47 wouldn't call himself an "Old Rebublic" droid. he's just a droid. There are a range of other things we use to classify units, but this is one of the litmus tests and it's why some out-of-universe tags that might make sense (film specific tags, for instance) aren't used.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • I wouldn't mind the splitting of Old Republic/Galactic Republic and same with Empire as the old Empire and OT Empire are completely separate, but the Sith faction doesn't need to be split. They all have followed a long line of traditional "Sith training", no need to separate them into a different category. Same with the old Jedi, it was all around the same teachings.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    One of the various ways tags are created is to think that the tag is a thing the character would use to identify themselves in-universe. Nihilus, to the extent that anyone can understand his gibberish, wouldn't call himself an "Ancient Sith", he'd just call himself a "Sith". HK-47 wouldn't call himself an "Old Rebublic" droid. he's just a droid. There are a range of other things we use to classify units, but this is one of the litmus tests and it's why some out-of-universe tags that might make sense (film specific tags, for instance) aren't used.

Very informative post, thank you for sharing :)
  • DJayK3 wrote: »

If not directly Nihilus, he's a wound in the force who fed on the force from all the dead Jedi from order 66. He's Palpatines puppet master and coordinated the "chosen one" legend to encourage Jedi to constantly search for strong Jedi that he could eventually feed on. He also coordinated Sidious-Palps to set up order 66 to execute the Jedi simultaneously to feed off their force power and completly remove them from existence so he'd have absolutely no resistance to his return.

The "Last Jedi" are Qui Gon Jinn, Yoda, Kenobi and Anakins force ghosts in which this corporeal form kept their power from being absorbed by Snoke.

Come with me
    And you'll see
    A post of pure speculation
    One of the various ways tags are created is to think that the tag is a thing the character would use to identify themselves in-universe. Nihilus, to the extent that anyone can understand his gibberish, wouldn't call himself an "Ancient Sith", he'd just call himself a "Sith". HK-47 wouldn't call himself an "Old Rebublic" droid. he's just a droid. There are a range of other things we use to classify units, but this is one of the litmus tests and it's why some out-of-universe tags that might make sense (film specific tags, for instance) aren't used.

So Chewie would call himself "Clone Wars Chewbacca"? I think not...
  • Brigger wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

So Chewie would call himself "Clone Wars Chewbacca"? I think not...

Thats not a tag.

Grievous doesn't consider himself as a Droid.
    Not that it matters, since he's completely outclassed by almost any character in the game anyway.
  • How amazing would it be to get more of the ancient Sith Lords. The expanded universe has so many interesting dark side characters. I wouldn't mine if they release like twenty of them in a row....but instead we get more and more...eh rebels. At this point I would already prefer Jar Jar Binks over any rebel, so that I can pretend like he is Darth Plagueis.
  • Vader should be lightside then coz from his point of view the jedi are evil!! :wink:
  • Waez wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

Grievous doesn't consider himself as a Droid.
    Not that it matters, since he's completely outclassed by almost any character in the game anyway.

This made me chuckle
  • Sadly I never would have gotten grevious if I knew he **** so bad but he has nothing on mace in that
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    DJayK3 wrote: »

Come with me
    And you'll see

sweeeeeeeet :D:D
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Come with me
    And you'll see

I geeked at this. At both posts.
    @DJayK3 +100 Tinfoil hat points +15 points for creativity
    @DatBoi +100 skilled troll points +20 points for play on Willy Wonka quote

@DatBoi ftw 120-115
  • because what we need is to further weaken the Sith by dividing them even further and making a sub section in them
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    What spoilers?
  • Olga wrote: »
    What spoilers?
    Don't worry, this isn't a thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »
    What spoilers?
    Don't worry, this isn't a thing.

Oh if only though... post of pure speculation is entertaining
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Lostrelms wrote: »
    Oh if only though...
    No thanks... as much as I want Old Republic stuff to be recognised as canon, I would really hate it if they said Snoke was Nihilus.
  • Nihilus could destroy entire planets and fed on the force wherever it was, doesn't sound like snoke to me.
  • M_L wrote: »
    why would you want a separate sith faction? not like there was a lot of modern siths.... i'd be stoked to just see more siths overall, and the more regular sith means more mix and match opportunities

100% agree with this.

More sith in the game obviously means looking into the past. As EA was a part of KOTOR, that means looking at KOTOR Sith, as they have already begun doing with Nihilus.

THat means we should look forward to the release of Revan, Malak, Sion, Treya and Malgus.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    DatBoi wrote: »

Come with me
    And you'll see

Haha love the Wonka ref....and wow yeah speculation at best, the Darth Jar Jar theory holds more water than what was said here.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    **** double post