BB-8 Legendary Event Thread

Prev13456718
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
All the beeps and deets!
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber

Replies

• I have my first order squad at 7 stars . kylo gear 12, the rest g8. I hope that's enough to unlock everyone's favorite little basketball droid.
  • Congrats
  • I really was hoping I'd get rewarded for all this FO farming I've done. BB8 is such a disappointment from a kit stand point and a lackluster minor character.
  • I'm in the same boat except my zKylo is G11. We'll only know on the first day of the event though. What I can say for sure is that I'm worried, the opposing team is made of heavy hitters so... I'm affraid G8 won't make it for the 7th star but we'll see.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat except my zKylo is G11. We'll only know on the first day of the event though. What I can say for sure is that I'm worried, the opposing team is made of heavy hitters so... I'm affraid G8 won't make it for the 7th star but we'll see.

That's what I'm worried about lol. Finally have the team requirement to access all tiers of a legendary event on its first time available. But my gear level is questionable. I do have a lot of decent mods that I can switch out if needed. I guess its wait and see....and collect as much gear as possible over the next 2 weeks. fingers crossed. I really want that map to Luke Skywalker.
  • I don't have a zeta kylo...my Kylo is 4* G7. Does his massive protection gain from damage mean he could probably solo it? I assume we will face resistance so just need to prevent finn from stunning him. The ai won't use trooper right.

Once again, I've never used him so I may be wrong, but I have faced him many times. If I don't keep him stunned, I lose.
  • I don't have a zeta kylo...my Kylo is 4* G7. Does his massive protection gain from damage mean he could probably solo it? I assume we will face resistance so just need to prevent finn from stunning him. The ai won't use trooper right.

Once again, I've never used him so I may be wrong, but I have faced him many times. If I don't keep him stunned, I lose.
    You'll face vetran smugglers Han and Chewie, Rey, Finn and BB-8... That is quite frightening actually. Many retries I see...
  • I got zPhasma since I assumed an FO event would come at some point. She's G11, FOTP is 10, Kyle is 9, and the two goons are 8. I'm going to at least bring FOST to g9, I'll try to get FOO up to 9. And I have a zeta for Kyle or FOST if I need.

I'm not so sure about BB8 myself - that 70 cool down sounds like madness, but 8 cool down on DN sounded like a lot too but it ended up being fine. And it looks like he might pair up great with R2. Plus, I'm confident CG will rework legendary toons if they're not up to par (FYI, Yoda needs love...)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I have my FO team set with g11 and zetas but I don't recall any of the other events too taxing.

I thought g8/9 on each toon with most omegas is usually enough.
    I don't have a zeta kylo...my Kylo is 4* G7. Does his massive protection gain from damage mean he could probably solo it? I assume we will face resistance so just need to prevent finn from stunning him. The ai won't use trooper right.

You'll face vetran smugglers Han and Chewie, Rey, Finn and BB-8... That is quite frightening actually. Many retries I see...

Maybe I'm niave because I never used or went against the vets- but I think I prefer them over a full res team. No chains of expose.
  • Borrow ur fastest arena mod set, put it on FOO.. always give tm to ur g12 kylo. I think it will enough
  • Let's hope the resistance squad we are going against is not zeta :# . If not, zylo can solo quiet easily B)
  • Is this intentional or an oversight by CG? And does this mean the timetable for his return will be shorter than Palpatine and Thrawn?

Obviously any response is speculative. What do you think?
  • Everybody know that the event will be back in December. BB8 will be required in *7 to unlock jedi Rey at *7.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Everybody know that the event will be back in December. BB8 will be required in *7 to unlock jedi Rey at *7.

with new han and new chewie ;)
  • Usually gear 9 is a safe bet
    I don't have a zeta kylo...my Kylo is 4* G7. Does his massive protection gain from damage mean he could probably solo it? I assume we will face resistance so just need to prevent finn from stunning him. The ai won't use trooper right.

Maybe I'm niave because I never used or went against the vets- but I think I prefer them over a full res team. No chains of expose.

I don't know about that...my alt account is level 81. Never got to the third tier of the final vredit heist. Added G7 abilities at 3 vet han with poor mods and G7 abilities 3 no mods vet chewy with my 7* G8 abilities 7 Boba/sthan/Lando. I hit auto and those guys have cleared the last two heists. Their kits are good.
  • G8 does seem the norm....arena mods and a few tries are the unspoken usuals.

I don't know about that...my alt account is level 81. Never got to the third tier of the final vredit heist. Added G7 abilities at 3 vet han with poor mods and G7 abilities 3 no mods vet chewy with my 7* G8 abilities 7 Boba/sthan/Lando. I hit auto and those guys have cleared the last two heists. Their kits are good.

Don't pop my bubble please lmao
  • I hope it gets added to the monthly rotation. FO takes a long time to build, and BB8 seems like one of those characters who will be utterly irreplaceable when/if Droids make a comeback.
  • aeaswen wrote: »
    I really was hoping I'd get rewarded for all this FO farming I've done. BB8 is such a disappointment from a kit stand point and a lackluster minor character.
    How do you figure his kit is disappointing? His kit looks to make him an AMAZING support for droids or resistance. I've done the math and he makes droids ridiculouly more powerful. Can't say for sure about resistance though.
    Globuhl wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat except my zKylo is G11. We'll only know on the first day of the event though. What I can say for sure is that I'm worried, the opposing team is made of heavy hitters so... I'm affraid G8 won't make it for the 7th star but we'll see.

As others have said. I have yet to see any event besides assault battles require over g8.
    I got zPhasma since I assumed an FO event would come at some point. She's G11, FOTP is 10, Kyle is 9, and the two goons are 8. I'm going to at least bring FOST to g9, I'll try to get FOO up to 9. And I have a zeta for Kyle or FOST if I need.

I'm not so sure about BB8 myself - that 70 cool down sounds like madness, but 8 cool down on DN sounded like a lot too but it ended up being fine. And it looks like he might pair up great with R2. Plus, I'm confident CG will rework legendary toons if they're not up to par (FYI, Yoda needs love...)

I did some math and the right droid squad would have that cooldown reduced by 54-57 before the opposing team got to go. With him in comp a match would basically go: 3 rounds of droid team, 1 round of enemy team, 4-5 rounds of droid team to start (and probably end) the match.
    Everybody know that the event will be back in December. BB8 will be required in *7 to unlock jedi Rey at *7.

This was my speculation as well.
  • Omeah wrote: »
    I never faced a legendary event where G8 wasn't enough

Did you get 7 star Thrawn with all gear 8 phoenix?
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

BB8 "it's a trap".. his kit is not great, good things he don't have rebel tag so it's usability locked to resistance n droid only. Who's gonna use char with 70 cooldown in arena anyway.

Idk what will come in December.. jedi Rey, old jedi master Luke, or even maybe Snoke. I don't have desire to have BB8 for daily use, i'm just afraid one day he will become required char like R2 in CLS event.

And.. we all trapped bcause we ignore BB8 :bawling:
    usArmyJedi wrote: »

BB8 "it's a trap".. his kit is not great, good things he don't have rebel tag so it's usability locked to resistance n droid only. Who's gonna use char with 70 cooldown in arena anyway.

Idk what will come in December.. jedi Rey, old jedi master Luke, or even maybe Snoke. I don't have desire to have BB8 for daily use, i'm just afraid one day he will become required char like R2 in CLS event.

The 70 turn cooldown isn't even that long if you actually think about it
    I really was hoping I'd get rewarded for all this FO farming I've done. BB8 is such a disappointment from a kit stand point and a lackluster minor character.

BB8 is just the first toon from that is an Ep. VIII release. More are coming...

BB8 is just the first toon from that is an Ep. VIII release. More are coming...

Hes taken from episode 7 actually, his event is based on that movie
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »

The 70 turn cooldown isn't even that long if you actually think about it

Idk, Nihilus annihilate with just 8 cooldown (with can reduce cooldown stuff) feels long and barely can release before battle over.

Also imo, BB8 is not well design char.. my proof is when launch at update, he don't have protection, then there is update patch. Bang, he got 30k protection :#
  • With Finn lead the 70 will go down extremely fast. This may or may not be better for HAAT than Rey/Pilot/R2. Time will tell.