Rebels under CLS lead still counter after daze is applied

When using Death Trooper’s basic against rebels he attacks twice, but, under a Commander Luke Skywalker lead, if daze is applied on the second attack and not the first rebels still counter attack. I understand they must be countering the first attack but is this working as intended?

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I think the Dev's responded some where about this.
    Basically the couter is qued for first attack if daze doesn't land. Daze modifies the counter attack rating it does not clear a qued counter attack. Same thing can happen when krennic calls Dt to assist and Dt lands daze, krennic can still be countered because damage was done before daze. This was also what caused the bug with Maul AoE daze when it applied daze after damage.
    Basically if damage is done before daze is applied a counter for that damage can still happen.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    I know this is WAI, but it's not good game design. With R2 zeta, you can Daze a Rebel but they'll counter, with Daze, and clear it. This needs addressed. Krennic and Death Trooper are supposed to be your anti-Rebel characters, but this flaw in the game is working against that synergy.

Please fix this in a way a character cannot counter with Daze period.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    War wrote: »
    I know this is WAI, but it's not good game design. With R2 zeta, you can Daze a Rebel but they'll counter, with Daze, and clear it. This needs addressed. Krennic and Death Trooper are supposed to be your anti-Rebel characters, but this flaw in the game is working against that synergy.

That's a good point about R2. The counter should probably happen in between DT's two shots.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

That's a good point about R2. The counter should probably happen in between DT's two shots.

Agree with that. How many things would the break to make that happen though.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Also technically, then, DT should not be able to get the second shot off if the counterattacks from the first should kill or stun him. I view that as a potential trade-off in the scenario.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Also technically, then, DT should not be able to get the second shot off if the counterattacks from the first should kill or stun him. I view that as a potential trade-off in the scenario.

Huh?? don't understand that logic. What does the stun have to do with him double attacking rebels?
  • The OP is saying that the counterattack is coming from the first hit, but the daze should be applied after the second hit. But despite the fact that the game queues up the counterattack on the first hit, it happens sequentially after the second hit, at which point R2's zeta can cause daze to be instantly cleared.
    Someone mentioned that that should be considered a bug, but I pointed out that if you wanted that to be considered a bug, then you should also consider that the counterattacks from the first attacks should theoretically be considered as happening before the second attack, at which point the fact that said counterattacks could kill or stun DT should prevent the second attack from ever happening.
    So it kind of evens out in the end.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    A more simple solution would be Rebels can't resist DT's Daze and Stun. All these new Rebels have amazing anti-Empire synergy. At the time of release for Krooper, double tapping with a chance of Daze and/or Stun was amazing, even at those percentages. Now things have moved on to unresistable effects and buff gains on getting hit by Empire. Rework the duo to match these new levels of anti-faction synergy.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    The OP is saying that the counterattack is coming from the first hit, but the daze should be applied after the second hit. But despite the fact that the game queues up the counterattack on the first hit, it happens sequentially after the second hit, at which point R2's zeta can cause daze to be instantly cleared.
    Someone mentioned that that should be considered a bug, but I pointed out that if you wanted that to be considered a bug, then you should also consider that the counterattacks from the first attacks should theoretically be considered as happening before the second attack, at which point the fact that said counterattacks could kill or stun DT should prevent the second attack from ever happening.
    So it kind of evens out in the end.

Ok got you. Theroically if the counter attack happened immediatly (not qued up) then it could possible kill or stun DT before he got the second attack in.
    If they ever made a change like that it would affect more than just DT for sure as there are many characters that double tap. Don't ever see it happening but wishful thinking.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    A more simple solution would be Rebels can't resist DT's Daze and Stun. All these new Rebels have amazing anti-Empire synergy. At the time of release for Krooper, double tapping with a chance of Daze and/or Stun was amazing, even at those percentages. Now things have moved on to unresistable effects and buff gains on getting hit by Empire. Rework the duo to match these new levels of anti-faction synergy.

I honestly think it is stupid having 3 gates to appling any debuff. I personally wish they would just get rid of base evade (only way to evade is via FS or evasion buff/lead) and the whole tenacity vs potency system.